Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 03:15:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... 389 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BitBay OFFICIAL BITBAY Thread Smart Contracts Decentralized Markets Rolling Peg  (Read 541858 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (2 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
issie81

Activity: 760
Merit: 500

CryptoZilla

View Profile
December 28, 2014, 01:49:09 PM

Making claims without substantiation is what Bitbay has been about so far. If you own close to 100 mil coins, provide your wallet address and move coins afterwards to prove it.

BBRU7aDjAzsDPXo6gvKEJJdo34L5sZDAqb

FYI the buywall of 8BTC is mine:), when i am done with that close to 110mil
You can see all my transactions, so now it's your turn..

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dzimbeck
Legendary

Activity: 2412
Merit: 1044

View Profile
December 28, 2014, 01:55:54 PM

Making claims without substantiation is what Bitbay has been about so far. If you own close to 100 mil coins, provide your wallet address and move coins afterwards to prove it.

Actuallly thats not totally true. I supplied all my wallet addresses(even non-bay addresses. Thats more transparent than anything any dev has done before me.
dzimbeck
Legendary

View Profile
December 28, 2014, 02:01:55 PM

So time for another 3btc did it filled it:)

haha thanks for the support. The bulls shall unite!

yeah bulls unite:)
David i know it's hard to give an ETA in software dev, but do you have something in your mind for an ETA
like days, weeks or months, after the rebrand we got alot of work to do i can support the marketplace by selling stuff with my company

I'm going to try to get something within a month. Of course things do take time and I don't want to rush it either so just please be patient.

No worries, if you need something (besides a superdev), please give a scream or you want to (beta) test the wallet we can help you out. Dont forget hard work always pays off

Thanks for the positivity, its very helpful and motivates me to work.

By the way not sure if I  mentioned this earlier but I DID find a way to test out pegging in Python before forking. It was a really good realization. I realized, I can add the rules needed to peg on the client side directly in the Halo wallet! Granted, only people running the client would follow the rules, but the transaction scripts would be essentially the same as they would when they become hard coded mining rules. This saves me the trouble of building in c++. Then when I finish and prove the concept, my merge into c++ should be much more trivial.

I will think of some ways people can help. Trello was my first attempt. I think it would be good to have a project manager for the bounties and somebody to help manage.
Gizfreak
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

Allergic to false promises

View Profile
December 28, 2014, 03:13:54 PM

I will think of some ways people can help. Trello was my first attempt. I think it would be good to have a project manager for the bounties and somebody to help manage.
I used Trello when I was involved in the development of another coin, but I must say that I like Slack better to get some community involvement on the rails.
It would be nice to have a subdomain like bitbay.slack.com for projects and bounties, I think.

Oh yeah and this:
Slack is free to use for as long as you want and with an unlimited number of people.
Cryptosis

Activity: 280
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 28, 2014, 05:51:22 PM

I used Trello when I was involved in the development of another coin, but I must say that I like Slack better to get some community involvement on the rails.
It would be nice to have a subdomain like bitbay.slack.com for projects and bounties, I think.

Oh yeah and this:
Slack is free to use for as long as you want and with an unlimited number of people.
Slack would be a great way to continue conversations around bitbay without having to constantly moderate the thread. It's been quite calm now but the seas will rise once again. I'm all for a move to slack, plus you can use IRC as a gateway to sign onto slack so it can pull both sides of the community together.
Bobsurplus
Legendary

Activity: 1008

Making money since I was in the womb! @emc2whale

View Profile
December 28, 2014, 06:48:46 PM

T- a few days till the next shoe drops.... are you guys ready???

Grin Grin Grin Grin
Cryptosis

Activity: 280
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 28, 2014, 08:00:22 PM

Grin Grin Grin Grin
I hope they are alligator skin!
Kevinrasf

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 28, 2014, 08:43:55 PM

Grin Grin Grin Grin

Nobody cares what you say anyway lol.

www.heathenmead.com voor Honingwijnen en meer. betaal met Bitcoin.
DeezCoinz

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 01:19:07 AM

By the way not sure if I  mentioned this earlier but I DID find a way to test out pegging in Python before forking. It was a really good realization. I realized, I can add the rules needed to peg on the client side directly in the Halo wallet! Granted, only people running the client would follow the rules, but the transaction scripts would be essentially the same as they would when they become hard coded mining rules. This saves me the trouble of building in c++. Then when I finish and prove the concept, my merge into c++ should be much more trivial.

I'm not sure I follow, perhaps I'm a bit thick. By "pegging" we mean that we arbitrarily set the value of bitbay, in this case, to equal the value of some other object? As an example, let's peg bitbay to USD. Let's decide to peg bitbay at USD $0.25, a quarter. What does it mean that you can accomplish that in the wallet? The wallet is simply a container. It doesn't know anything about value. Even if it does transactions, if I buy a glove for 35 bitbay, the wallet doesn't care what value the coins have in USD or BTC or walnuts, it just sends or receives 35 bitbay coins. In order to peg a coin, you must be able to control the value that the coin trades for on the exchanges. You would need a very tight control on the money supply to do that.

Can you please explain to me how you can set the price of a bitbay coin anywhere by doing something in the wallet?
dzimbeck
Legendary

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 12:00:35 PM
Last edit: December 29, 2014, 02:37:23 PM by dzimbeck

By the way not sure if I  mentioned this earlier but I DID find a way to test out pegging in Python before forking. It was a really good realization. I realized, I can add the rules needed to peg on the client side directly in the Halo wallet! Granted, only people running the client would follow the rules, but the transaction scripts would be essentially the same as they would when they become hard coded mining rules. This saves me the trouble of building in c++. Then when I finish and prove the concept, my merge into c++ should be much more trivial.

I'm not sure I follow, perhaps I'm a bit thick. By "pegging" we mean that we arbitrarily set the value of bitbay, in this case, to equal the value of some other object? As an example, let's peg bitbay to USD. Let's decide to peg bitbay at USD $0.25, a quarter. What does it mean that you can accomplish that in the wallet? The wallet is simply a container. It doesn't know anything about value. Even if it does transactions, if I buy a glove for 35 bitbay, the wallet doesn't care what value the coins have in USD or BTC or walnuts, it just sends or receives 35 bitbay coins. In order to peg a coin, you must be able to control the value that the coin trades for on the exchanges. You would need a very tight control on the money supply to do that.

Can you please explain to me how you can set the price of a bitbay coin anywhere by doing something in the wallet?

Doing it in the wallet i can force transaction scripts. Its just to prove the concept and then i bring those scripts into c++ as mining rules. Take a look at NuBits and BitUSD all variations on similar themes. The rules will control supply to reflect demand. Lots of people wanted this to be a peg that grows and moves so perhaps we add voting to allow the users to influence market conditions and have a default if no vote is casted.

Basically the rules allow deflation and inflation.
spookycoins

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2014, 03:37:36 PM

Thank for the status updates.
There is no doubt this team is dedicated to progressing this coin.
I saw over on r/bitbay that you are working on email tipping within the wallet.
That feature should be pretty interesting. Looking forward to it.

That's me on twitter --> @spookycoins
spookycoins

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2014, 03:39:39 PM

Spreading the news about BitBay is really important for growth.
Hopefully our official twitter will become active soon.
https://twitter.com/BitBayProject

That's me on twitter --> @spookycoins
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 06:23:52 PM

wow huge stash Smiley

how many btc have you used to accumulate this amount?

btw david

was there a way to strip the scammers of their bay?

DeezCoinz

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 06:36:00 PM

By the way not sure if I  mentioned this earlier but I DID find a way to test out pegging in Python before forking. It was a really good realization. I realized, I can add the rules needed to peg on the client side directly in the Halo wallet! Granted, only people running the client would follow the rules, but the transaction scripts would be essentially the same as they would when they become hard coded mining rules. This saves me the trouble of building in c++. Then when I finish and prove the concept, my merge into c++ should be much more trivial.

Doing it in the wallet i can force transaction scripts. Its just to prove the concept and then i bring those scripts into c++ as mining rules. Take a look at NuBits and BitUSD all variations on similar themes. The rules will control supply to reflect demand. Lots of people wanted this to be a peg that grows and moves so perhaps we add voting to allow the users to influence market conditions and have a default if no vote is casted.

Basically the rules allow deflation and inflation.

I'm still not following, NuBits is using trading bots on every exchange to keep the price stable near $1.00. bitUSD traders expect it to be near a dollar so they trade it on the exchanges in a way to keep it near a dollar. Both coins are Market Pegged. Neither is Wallet Pegged. A coin is a store of value, but the wallet doesn't know that or care. What do transaction scripts have to do with pegging the price? Why would you need to test pegging in wallets? My wallet doesn't care how much USD the incoming coins are worth. To peg bitbay you have to control the exchange price, I would think. Also, be careful thinking you can port python code into C++. It may not be as easy as you think, especially if you really have no knowledge of C++.
dzimbeck
Legendary

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 10:23:39 PM

wow huge stash Smiley

btw david

Absolutely there is. But its such a highly controversial thing to do. For example, do you remember when Vericoin rolled back the blockchain?! Lots of people said it went against everything crypto is about.

On the other hand this is a totally different situation. I personally do not care if my Bay is stripped since it was simply part of Steves offer. When it was offered i thought they would buy it with real bitcoins and those bitcoins would also go to development. Obviously that isnt what happened. And I think Bob dumped most of his coins. But there really is no telling if he or anyone from his group rebought. And since its so much further down the blockchain, I don't think we can know what anyone has anymore.
Bobsurplus
Legendary

Activity: 1008

Making money since I was in the womb! @emc2whale

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 10:47:28 PM

wow huge stash Smiley

btw david

Absolutely there is. But its such a highly controversial thing to do. For example, do you remember when Vericoin rolled back the blockchain?! Lots of people said it went against everything crypto is about.

On the other hand this is a totally different situation. I personally do not care if my Bay is stripped since it was simply part of Steves offer. When it was offered i thought they would buy it with real bitcoins and those bitcoins would also go to development. Obviously that isnt what happened. And I think Bob dumped most of his coins. But there really is no telling if he or anyone from his group rebought. And since its so much further down the blockchain, I don't think we can know what anyone has anymore.

Oh really???

Just wait for that shoe to drop!
M28MmickT

Activity: 433
Merit: 250

BTG CEO

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 11:19:54 PM

Oh really???

Just wait for that shoe to drop!

You are without a doubt the dumbest person i have ever been unfortunate enough to meet on forums, you literally make me ashamed to use this shitty forum. You do realise other than the idiots you pay, people see mumble mumble? look at me in my play ground! Look at me LMAO! Dude get a grip.

I am mentally ill Robert Duskes i am meant to be a full grown man but i like stealing and playing in my 'playground' You should be really proud of yourself robert your IQ of a ten year old at best! Need to pay people to be your friend loser and they are just waiting for a better offer as proved recently without the better offer.

Your rude awakening couldn’t come sooner   

j-bar

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 11:35:12 PM

Yawn, yawn Duskes, hurry up and get on with it........is there really anything of value that you can add, or that anyone is actually interested in - or will believe? Hurry up and move along to your next scam. Oh, did you enjoy your Xmas private jet getaway with the btc you extorted?
neo1947

Activity: 449
Merit: 250

don t touch my Bits

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 11:53:24 PM

let him to be forgotten in dark and lonely,he will die bits and bits everyday and every second until he faces the real punishment.l curse you! you ll be hunted-down.
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 12:15:03 AM

You are without a doubt the dumbest person i have ever been unfortunate enough to meet on forums, you literally make me ashamed to use this shitty forum

I wouldn't loose too much sleep over the dropping of one of Bob's 'shoes' if I were you.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... 389 »
  Print  

Jump to: