Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 12:50:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... 389 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BitBay OFFICIAL BITBAY Thread Smart Contracts Decentralized Markets Rolling Peg  (Read 541858 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (2 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
BitBaydev (OP)

Activity: 155
Merit: 11

https://bitbay.market

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2014, 04:14:28 PM

I took a look at the official FaceBook page to see no content and only a few followers.
Strangely enough FB got a link on the official site, whereas I started a Google+ community that I keep up to date and that isn't even mentioned.
To make a long story short: Can I have a link there?

yes

we will update all our social medias later.

thanks for your help.

David Zimbeck Interview

BitBay Official Twitter: https://twitter.com/BitBayofficial
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
funsponge

Activity: 776
Merit: 557

View Profile
December 21, 2014, 04:16:30 PM

What hands are the website, twitter account, facebook account in? Ours (the good guys) or Bobs illegal evil team?
BitcoinClix

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 21, 2014, 04:42:27 PM

Great job guys.
Gizfreak
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

Allergic to false promises

View Profile
December 21, 2014, 04:47:19 PM

What hands are the website, twitter account, facebook account in? Ours (the good guys) or Bobs illegal evil team?
Only source I trust atm is the official site at http://thebitbay.net, but we'll see what the update of the social media will bring.
RJF

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2014, 05:50:12 PM
Last edit: December 21, 2014, 06:04:50 PM by RJF

I have a more general question.

Why would I (general purpose consumer, internet savvy) use an "XXXXcoin" based decentralized marketplace instead of amazon or Ebay? I already know how to use ebay, they take my credit card, and I don't care who knows that I buy old radio tubes or comic books.

With cryptocurrency, I have to manage my coins, I need a wallet on my system because I don't trust any online wallet, I have to have 3 copies of my wallet or keys or whatever on different devices every time I make any kind of transaction otherwise I might lose it. I don't feel comfortable keeping $100K on my computer anyway.

Even if every business in the world took bitcoin or XXXcoin I still have to purchase bitcoin with my credit card to use bitcoin, rather than just making the purchase directly with my card.

The only allure of the decentralized marketplace seems to be that it would be "impossible to stop" unlike the Dark Net on Tor which can be broken when the central system for a market is discovered.

It seems like if I don't intend to make illegal purchases or I want to "stick it to the man" there really isn't a mass market allure to digital currency.

What am I missing here?

Thanks,
DeezCoinz

i think we all share this kind of doubts but i usually consider this:

we are pioneers in this field, i mean, we are experimenting methods that maybe are going to be used in 10-15 years by everyone in the world.. some methods will fail and some other will survive and become a standard, that's why is funny to have interest / invest in something you believe is "the way".. or has hints in it about the future..

even sending and email 20 years ago was mechanical and complicated. it's the development, the interest and the actual function in it that made it easy to use and popular

Just remember, the winners get to write the history books. If there is no market, make one, if there is no particular use or need, create one. If there is a problem, solve it with your invention. If there is a void, fill it. This is how every market, every invention, has become common place and valuable throughout history. No need to reinvent the wheel, just spin it in a different direction...

DNotesVault
“First, they ignore you. Then, they laugh at you. Then, they fight you. Then you win!” – Mahatma Gandhi 
Prepare for your future now, check out CRISP For Retirement and our complete family of CRISP savings plans.
unusualfacts30

Activity: 1540

View Profile
December 21, 2014, 06:10:00 PM
Last edit: December 21, 2014, 06:25:22 PM by unusualfacts30

Yes real world purposes this coin is different real decentralized central bank resistant  Smiley

Being bank resistant is also a problem. With coins, I am the banker. I have to keep my money safe. I can't trust it to anyone on the Internet yet. When I can trust an internet entity, they will be trustworthy because there will be regulation and penalties. Where do I store my retirement fund in bitcoin? How do I get interest on the money so it grows? Where will I get a loan to finance a mortgage?

Let me know if I'm going too far off topic.

Thanks,
DeezCoinz

No middleman if you are selling stuff in decentrilized marketplace. Everything is between seller & buyer and they can do it however they want.

Smart contract has two keys to make everything "hack proof". You can leave one key on your computer and secure another key somewhere safe or secure both key in different place..like one in your bank storage and other in your basement..so even if someone finds one key they'll have to find second key to steal your money from your wallet.

It's beautiful technology. Power given to people instead of central authority.

You're right about how you don't want to use it and lot of people might think like you..the reason being that people are so used to old stuff but as new generation comes in they would prefer using crypto over fiat and in 20 years from today crypto will become HUGE!

Bank charges ridiculous fees and then they have "minimum" amount bs. If your balance goes below that they'll start deducting fees. It's total BS and I hated it when I was kid because I had money in my account and I couldn't spend it.

There are several websites that offer you interest on your bitcoins/altcoins on yearly basis.

As they say "you can't teach old dog new tricks". Crypto adoption requires generation change and something that's hard for this generation will be preferred method for next one ..so on and so forth.

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
.TheStandard.io.█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
dzimbeck
Legendary

Activity: 2412
Merit: 1044

View Profile
December 21, 2014, 09:45:56 PM

Hey guys, I wanted to hop in here and thank you for your support. I'm honored that you guys take an interest in smart contracts tech and are able to stand your ground with me.

With that said I had a question. Its a controversial idea but I'm actually liking it.

So here is the question. My original flow chart for markets I was going to get people into a whitelist by channeling their traffic through my server so we could grant access to decentralized markets based on good behavior.

But this model means that it still relies on a centralized server. It means babysitting it and doesnt actually show to be a scalable model for other businesses.

In fact, the only advantage I could see was speed. So, I'm wondering why add that layer first. Best to go straight to the decentralized layer, hit my milestone faster and find another method of moderating drugs/contraband that is more powerful. Trust building and ratings can still be added of course.

You see guys, I learned from this project that I clearly have people who dont want me to succeed(this also means I'm doing something right). The entire project was created by some agenda/etc to sabotage destructive tech IMHO.

All things considered, this means a decentralized market (if done incorrectly) gives them more ammunition to attack if there isnt a great moderation layer. I've got to protect my ass and also deliver a wonderful product. But the server layer seems like I'm heading east when I want to go west.

SO, my controversial idea was, to simply require that users put their IP address inside the order that goes to market. it can be encrypted so only Halo can see it. But what it does is gives me a log of all the IPs to deter people from posting illegal contraband. This isnt any different from how a website would work. When you log into a site, send an email, do anything on the internet your IP is revealed. So my question is, if it really is going to be legal things we are selling... why hide it? The biggest advantage of decentralized markets is there is no central server, its decentralized. So anyone in the world gets "free hosting" in a way. If the world ended the markets would still work. Additionally, I can make it so my server can in real time flag illegal orders in addition to being able to flag them in a decentralized way.

I can still build whitelists on top of that later to increase speed but im not sure its required to demo the markets. Also, having a decentralized kill switch and a system where users can flag orders is still highly attractive to me.

This was my recent thoughts. I really want to open up markets to the real world and give them a reason to think crypto isnt just a bunch of scams and criminals. (ironic considering how things started off on a bad foot but its nothing we cant bounce back from the brand is strong and if we get our two major features we can certainly be a contender)

Please let me know your thoughts on these ideas. I'm starting the coding now for a big Halo release(with pay to email) and these markets and felt some positive feedback and constructive criticism/brainstorming was in order.
Kevinrasf

Activity: 560

View Profile
December 21, 2014, 10:41:21 PM

Hey guys, I wanted to hop in here and thank you for your support. I'm honored that you guys take an interest in smart contracts tech and are able to stand your ground with me.

With that said I had a question. Its a controversial idea but I'm actually liking it.

So here is the question. My original flow chart for markets I was going to get people into a whitelist by channeling their traffic through my server so we could grant access to decentralized markets based on good behavior.

But this model means that it still relies on a centralized server. It means babysitting it and doesnt actually show to be a scalable model for other businesses.

In fact, the only advantage I could see was speed. So, I'm wondering why add that layer first. Best to go straight to the decentralized layer, hit my milestone faster and find another method of moderating drugs/contraband that is more powerful. Trust building and ratings can still be added of course.

You see guys, I learned from this project that I clearly have people who dont want me to succeed(this also means I'm doing something right). The entire project was created by some agenda/etc to sabotage destructive tech IMHO.

All things considered, this means a decentralized market (if done incorrectly) gives them more ammunition to attack if there isnt a great moderation layer. I've got to protect my ass and also deliver a wonderful product. But the server layer seems like I'm heading east when I want to go west.

SO, my controversial idea was, to simply require that users put their IP address inside the order that goes to market. it can be encrypted so only Halo can see it. But what it does is gives me a log of all the IPs to deter people from posting illegal contraband. This isnt any different from how a website would work. When you log into a site, send an email, do anything on the internet your IP is revealed. So my question is, if it really is going to be legal things we are selling... why hide it? The biggest advantage of decentralized markets is there is no central server, its decentralized. So anyone in the world gets "free hosting" in a way. If the world ended the markets would still work. Additionally, I can make it so my server can in real time flag illegal orders in addition to being able to flag them in a decentralized way.

I can still build whitelists on top of that later to increase speed but im not sure its required to demo the markets. Also, having a decentralized kill switch and a system where users can flag orders is still highly attractive to me.

This was my recent thoughts. I really want to open up markets to the real world and give them a reason to think crypto isnt just a bunch of scams and criminals. (ironic considering how things started off on a bad foot but its nothing we cant bounce back from the brand is strong and if we get our two major features we can certainly be a contender)

Please let me know your thoughts on these ideas. I'm starting the coding now for a big Halo release(with pay to email) and these markets and felt some positive feedback and constructive criticism/brainstorming was in order.

Thanks for the big post, it is exactly what you are saying that if you want to sell legal stuff why hide yourself?

IMO we should proceed like this since all the crooks will be scared to go flahing their IP around.

And the outside world does need to see something positive about crypto's for a change.

www.heathenmead.com voor Honingwijnen en meer. betaal met Bitcoin.
dzimbeck
Legendary

View Profile
December 21, 2014, 11:18:11 PM

Thanks for the big post, it is exactly what you are saying that if you want to sell legal stuff why hide yourself?

IMO we should proceed like this since all the crooks will be scared to go flahing their IP around.

And the outside world does need to see something positive about crypto's for a change.

Thank you, im really glad you like the idea.

If I do it this way, there is simply no way the govt can say im not complying. Its still anonymous because i wouldn't be able to give out their IP addresses unless the content is in fact illegal.

And you know this way, I can let orders go straight to the market without really worrying about watching it 24/7 but we could still remove orders if they are in fact illegal or in the wrong category.

It also allows for "ip banning" for spammers and fake profiles. And I think we all know the dangers of fake profiles Cheesy
issie81

Activity: 760

CryptoZilla

View Profile
December 21, 2014, 11:46:58 PM

Thank you, im really glad you like the idea.

If I do it this way, there is simply no way the govt can say im not complying. Its still anonymous because i wouldn't be able to give out their IP addresses unless the content is in fact illegal.

And you know this way, I can let orders go straight to the market without really worrying about watching it 24/7 but we could still remove orders if they are in fact illegal or in the wrong category.

It also allows for "ip banning" for spammers and fake profiles. And I think we all know the dangers of fake profiles Cheesy

Sounds good to me David.. if there must be an IP filled in maybe you can place button to auto lookup the IP alot of user dont even know how to look up an IP a simple soccer mom want just to sell something the barrier must be low and safe so here lies the challange
amytheplanarshift

Activity: 588

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 12:23:07 AM

The only problem here is that it is trivial to spoof IP addresses so I'm not sure how it will really deter anyone who actually wants to sell illegal goods.

http://nem.io/
XEM: NBT6RQ-B2K3DN-EB3BDF-TUE3FT-SBDCJJ-L4PCX5-GKL6
dzimbeck
Legendary

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 12:31:48 AM

The only problem here is that it is trivial to spoof IP addresses so I'm not sure how it will really deter anyone who actually wants to sell illegal goods.

Yeah but at least it is a start. Anyways, I'm thinking to combine it with a kill switch and have a server database and a way to send messages from moderator account and flagging(perhaps users can flag if there is not moderator and we can set a hard limit on the number of flags).

So on "bans" for example we can use several methods for identification. First, the accounts are multisig. I can use one of the public keys. Furthermore use the bitmessage address.

So if they spoof, they would have to constantly change their bitmessage address and wallet and spoof a new ip over and over again. And they would have to actually have some funds to go to market.

Since the wallet doesnt route through Tor either it would be tricky to spam this without an api.

issie81, dont worry the soccer mom wont need to look up her ip. I can get that without her filling it in.  Wink
Mig-23
Legendary

Activity: 1176

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 12:41:49 AM

hope this project working properly
JackTheShipper

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 12:44:52 AM

Mehhh

I don't know. I honestly don't.

Upsides and downsides on either choice.
VampiricElder

Activity: 495

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 01:37:35 AM

I think this idea would be favorable to the media and general public. Also you might want to consider suing the others for defamation. Will you be posting an updated roadmap?
Cryptosis

Activity: 280
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 02:25:56 AM

I see what you guys are saying about vein able to ban ip's etc but this way is not trust less right? It's still would be under your control to ban or penalize anyone u want for any reason you want. I'm not saying you would I'm just saying this doesn't take trust out of it. And how would u know if someone is selling something illegal, they could just say it's whatever they want n if the other party knows what the code words are there's no way to monitor it. I mean building a decentralized market is biting off a huge chunk of the unknown. 
amytheplanarshift

Activity: 588

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 02:48:37 AM

I see what you guys are saying about vein able to ban ip's etc but this way is not trust less right? It's still would be under your control to ban or penalize anyone u want for any reason you want. I'm not saying you would I'm just saying this doesn't take trust out of it. And how would u know if someone is selling something illegal, they could just say it's whatever they want n if the other party knows what the code words are there's no way to monitor it. I mean building a decentralized market is biting off a huge chunk of the unknown. 

This is true, but I also understand why David wants to protect himself. I mean, look at any of the file-sharing services out there that do not technically do anything illegal themselves but they still get raided and have to go through lengthy, expensive, court proceedings and sometimes end up going to jail for it. Even if David makes a completely decentralized, autonomous marketplace any government anywhere who wants to try and prosecute him can and likely will if it gets too big and becomes a haven for black market deals. If David was as anonymous as Satoshi, then maybe he could do it but even then I think if a government wanted to pursue it hard enough, they could even find out the identity of someone like that too.

It's a difficult situation, and one that is not easily solved.

http://nem.io/
XEM: NBT6RQ-B2K3DN-EB3BDF-TUE3FT-SBDCJJ-L4PCX5-GKL6
Gizfreak
Legendary

Activity: 1162

Allergic to false promises

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 09:50:46 AM

Decentralized for me means NO centralized involvement whatsoever. Only involvement would be a place to download the client, like BitTorrent or Popcorn Time show us.
Even Open Bazaar has no centralized involvement as far as I can see and that would be the only serious competitor in this segment imo.
unusualfacts30

Activity: 1540

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 10:21:23 AM

We can create a list of keywords such as drugs, dmt, weed, guns..etc etc and if the listing has one of those keywords it'll automatically be deleted from the marketplace.

Truth is that if someone wants to sell something illegally they'll try to protect their ass and use tor, proxy, vpn etc and people who do it they can even do it on ebay regardless of how secure it is and as you said people who're selling something legally they wouldn't mind showing their IP address.

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
.TheStandard.io.█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
dzimbeck
Legendary

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 10:43:55 AM

I understand the point about Tor, but its tricky to route a coin daemon through Tor and you can still ban the wallet associated, the ip on Tor, the bitmessage address.

So I also realize how you can imply its centralized but actually its not. Because if no mods are online then there is no control. Moderators are needed in some way. Like if we do flagging then people could make bots to flag other peoples deals. So maybe better to start this way and after a strong trust building is done give out the moderator key to more users.

Regardless,  OpenBazaar will get in serious trouble if they get big. I'm only somewhat big and people are already are trying to sabotage me.

On a side note, its funny you guys mention defamation. There is that, extortion, and threats, invasion of privacy, cyberbullying, brand damage etc. There are a lot of charges i could bring. However, its a matter of time. I'm sure there is a statue of limitations so im not forced to pursue it right now. I can just code and meet my immediate short term goals without distracting myself.

Like here in Cambodia, they paid millions to get Gottfrid sent to Europe so they could harm him. But he didnt actually do anything wrong. He just ran the pirate bay.

So that should be an example especially considering my predecessors.

Also, moderation is actually good too because if you were trying to trade DOGE for BTC on the market you wouldnt want that offer sitting right next to some drug listing.

Additionally its hard to employ programmers in the market if its sitting next to a hitman lol. So really it is needed. Having the users moderate themselves is ideal but not fool proof.

Its still decentralized actually. It just gives Halo a way to make sure people post what is asked for on the markets.

As for filtering words I though of that. But there are words that cross over. Like people can mispell words too like k1ller or w33d or crack can also mean fixing a crack etc.

That is why I have templates. The templates allow me to filter and predict what most people will be buying or selling. Of course some custom offers will exist but it wont be the majority.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... 389 »
  Print  

Jump to: