Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 11:41:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 ... 389 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BitBay OFFICIAL BITBAY Thread Smart Contracts Decentralized Markets Rolling Peg  (Read 541858 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (2 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
silavon

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 08:51:04 PM

Hi guys

I could have some prospective big investors, but need a roadmap for the upcoming year...

Thank you

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 09:31:11 PM

when I lost 100K BLK through not keeping multiple backups

Ouch.

That must have hurt a bit.
dzimbeck
Legendary

Activity: 2412
Merit: 1044

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 10:16:53 PM

Oh ok the site really needs to be redesigned. I thought there was a link there.

OK so the link to the new BitBay client is...

www.davtonia.com/blackhalo/bitbaysetup.exe

Hey David,
I am having some issues with the new client. It just ends without any errors after what seems to be the same amount of time. About a minute or so.  This happened with the install and once I got that done the wallet itself. Any ideas? I will uninstall , reboot and try again. I am on Windows 8.1. I liked that it had some info for new peeps, a guide,  but some of the wording should really be changed. Not a complaint, looks slick. Congrats on all the hard work.

Same here, get an error then crash. "The instruction at "0x0079e476" referenced memory at "0xfffffff" The memory could not be read".

if you do not need a multisig address or share account, then you do not need the second private key or share file.
Yeah it doesn't seem to matter for me. I do not get any specific error. A tad odd since the old client runs fine on for me.

I had same problem when i stored one private key on usb an one private hid in image on laptop,  i never put usb in on this occasion and it loaded for a second then exited rather quickly with no error, i see it as an excellent security feature without the usb you cannot hack my wallet, i would recommend 2 keys regardless of what it is you want to do with the wallet. So judging by my problem which was very similar it does not look like your key/keys are being found for some reason. sure David will be around soon and help you further.

So you store key1 on pc and key2 on stick you hide the stick safe then your wallet is not useable unless you plug the usb in the pc..am i seeing this correct?

Thats correct one private key is in a image stored on my laptop, the 2nd private key is on a 'new' usb safely away from danger  Grin for someone with your amount of coin i would go a step further and back up both of them keys on another drive just incase, that with passwords good luck hackers lol if the security is there why not use it. Well done David this is by far the best crypto wallet i have come across.

Thanks man! Yeah the new wallet my focus was user friendliness. There is a lot of focus on security too. Like hiding keys in images is really good if you want to back them up by emailing them to yourself. There is a lot of ways to use the wallet.
dzimbeck
Legendary

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 10:20:35 PM

Hey David,
I am having some issues with the new client. It just ends without any errors after what seems to be the same amount of time. About a minute or so.  This happened with the install and once I got that done the wallet itself. Any ideas? I will uninstall , reboot and try again. I am on Windows 8.1. I liked that it had some info for new peeps, a guide,  but some of the wording should really be changed. Not a complaint, looks slick. Congrats on all the hard work.

Yeah i think i know what is happening on your computer. Bitbayd is not loading and then after a minute the client cant find it and exits. I really should put a warning for that when it happens. So perhaps it needs to be run as admin. You shouldnt install to program files by the way. It may be antivirus interfering too. Can you please add me on skype sometime so i can troubleshoot it?
dzimbeck
Legendary

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 10:22:54 PM

Hi guys

I could have some prospective big investors, but need a roadmap for the upcoming year...

Thank you

Roadmap:
Next up is windows and Mac clients. Then markets. The target is one month but may take two. After that I release NightTraders microtrader for blackcoin. And also will do pegging and cold staking all the same 1-2 months. So total should be 2-3 months target. If there are any delays it shouldnt be so much.
dzimbeck
Legendary

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 10:25:16 PM

Make multiple secure backups of your keys (encrypt the backups). I store mine on an encrypted drive and two USB keys - learnt my lesson when I lost 100K BLK through not keeping multiple backups.

Actually in the wizard i recommend two backup methods. Emailing your keys to yourself and using an optical drive. Like a DVD. Because old hard drive backups will fail and expire after a couple years. It happened to me and i lost an immense amount of data. So DVDs dont expire especially m-discs. Also another way is to print out the contents of the file on a piece of paper.
dzimbeck
Legendary

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 10:28:15 PM

Hey David,
I am having some issues with the new client. It just ends without any errors after what seems to be the same amount of time. About a minute or so.  This happened with the install and once I got that done the wallet itself. Any ideas? I will uninstall , reboot and try again. I am on Windows 8.1. I liked that it had some info for new peeps, a guide,  but some of the wording should really be changed. Not a complaint, looks slick. Congrats on all the hard work.

Same here, get an error then crash. "The instruction at "0x0079e476" referenced memory at "0xfffffff" The memory could not be read".

Ok please PM me. My guess is that bitbayd isnt running on your machine for some reason. We could perhaps look at it over skype or teamviewer.
silavon

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 10:38:44 PM

Hi guys

Thank you

Roadmap:
Next up is windows and Mac clients. Then markets. The target is one month but may take two. After that I release NightTraders microtrader for blackcoin. And also will do pegging and cold staking all the same 1-2 months. So total should be 2-3 months target. If there are any delays it shouldnt be so much.

David thank you for the information and continue the excellent work.

You are a great and powerful man in the crypto world. Your work is very grandiose and timeless...
neo1947

Activity: 449
Merit: 250

don t touch my Bits

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 10:54:24 PM

Fine days closer now,thanks everybody here whoever been sportive and patient ,Brilliant work so far. Grin Grin
hossy

Activity: 142
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 11:00:15 PM

brilliant work david everything falling into place now great looking wallet bitbay is the future Grin Grin Grin
ShiftyTripster

Activity: 93
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 11:00:52 PM

Hey David,

Yeah i think i know what is happening on your computer. Bitbayd is not loading and then after a minute the client cant find it and exits. I really should put a warning for that when it happens. So perhaps it needs to be run as admin. You shouldnt install to program files by the way. It may be antivirus interfering too. Can you please add me on skype sometime so i can troubleshoot it?
Sure, its not in program files. I am Admin but it does look like that's probably what is happening. I will double check my AntiVirus. If I cant get it working I will let ya know. Thanks very much!  
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 09:12:52 AM

Its been almost 6 months and I've yet to do a Mac build for smart contracts mostly because I've been busy. However, it is going to be the first priority after this one releases

zoata87
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2015, 10:47:58 AM

Hi guys

Thank you

Roadmap:
pegging means 1 $ for 1 Bay? Or did i get something wrong? I am not that big invested in Bay. Maybe i should?  Grin
amytheplanarshift

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 10:51:42 AM

Hi guys

Thank you

Roadmap:
pegging means 1 $ for 1 Bay? Or did i get something wrong? I am not that big invested in Bay. Maybe i should?  Grin

Not at first, most likely a much lower price than that... but the plan is to peg it to SOME value. Likely $0.01 or less at first, then increasing as time goes on.

http://nem.io/
XEM: NBT6RQ-B2K3DN-EB3BDF-TUE3FT-SBDCJJ-L4PCX5-GKL6
sucksyd

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 11:31:26 AM

brilliant work david everything falling into place now great looking wallet bitbay is the future Grin Grin Grin
c'mon.It is crypto world not Paris or Milano.There is no room for "greating looking".
This David is the dumbest Asian ,I guess.
unusualfacts30

Activity: 1540

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 11:57:05 AM

Hi guys

Thank you

Roadmap:
pegging means 1 $ for 1 Bay? Or did i get something wrong? I am not that big invested in Bay. Maybe i should?  Grin

Not at first, most likely a much lower price than that... but the plan is to peg it to SOME value. Likely $0.01 or less at first, then increasing as time goes on.

that's how I would prefer it. Pegging it to $1 straight would cause people to dump. If we peg it to lets say .01, then .02 then .10 so on and so forth we'll be getting new investors even after we peg. Someone who buys at 0.01 would wait till hits 0.02 and then there will be buyers who wants it at 0.02 because they want to cash out at 0.03. Market will be more stable this way.

Increase $0.01 each month until we reach $1. That would give us a lot more visibility.

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
.TheStandard.io.█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
Kevinrasf

Activity: 560

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 12:00:28 PM

Hi guys

Thank you

Roadmap:
pegging means 1 $ for 1 Bay? Or did i get something wrong? I am not that big invested in Bay. Maybe i should?  Grin

that's how I would prefer it. Pegging it to $1 straight would cause people to dump. If we peg it to lets say .01, then .02 then .10 so on and so forth we'll be getting new investors even after we peg. Someone who buys at 0.01 would wait till hits 0.02 and then there will be buyers who wants it at 0.02 because they want to cash out at 0.03. Market will be more stable this way.

Increase 0.01 each month until we reach $1. That would give us a lot more visibility.

Yes, then people will see BitBay as an way of payment and investment with interest.

www.heathenmead.com voor Honingwijnen en meer. betaal met Bitcoin.
zoata87
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2015, 12:05:04 PM

Hi guys

Thank you

Roadmap:

i am new to bitbay, bought some when ico started on bter. corious how the pegging will work. 2-3 months isn't a long time frame at all so imho it's getting more and more exciting. i lost a lot of money when i started in crypto 2 years ago so i only invest in mid/long term coins like nem so i'll do likewise in bay. i think we got a winner here.

Smiley
silavon

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 12:23:34 PM

Hi guys

Thank you

Roadmap:

Increase $0.01 each month until we reach $1. That would give us a lot more visibility.

This is a good idea. It would issue a statement about this method of pegging to new investors...
Kevinrasf

Activity: 560

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 12:24:48 PM

Hi guys

Thank you

Roadmap:

This is a good idea. It would issue a statement about this method of pegging to new investors...

It was already planned to be like this.

An peg with slow increase, somewhere in this thread it has been discussed Tongue.

www.heathenmead.com voor Honingwijnen en meer. betaal met Bitcoin.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 ... 389 »
  Print  

Jump to: