Bitcoin Forum
January 17, 2018, 03:31:26 PM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.1  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 ... 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 [108] 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Vertcoin - 1 | ASIC - 0 | Lyra2RE | Decentralised | GPU Mineable | Open Source  (Read 413638 times)
markisanon2434

Activity: 154

Dapps will be the game changer

View Profile
September 14, 2016, 06:29:08 AM

Looks like verticoin is going to take off! Nice opportunity to buy and hold for long term. buy right and sit tight! Enjoy the ride!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions can optionally carry transaction fees. Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get the fee. The Bitcoin client will sometimes force you to pay a fee when it thinks that no miner will accept your transaction otherwise.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
wildduck

Activity: 812

View Profile
September 14, 2016, 08:29:05 AM

Still need to break and lift off Smiley

VultureFund

Activity: 366

View Profile
September 14, 2016, 10:29:09 AM

I'M IN AND READY

7.25-7.5 % share actual supply

Time to get VTC to the place it deserves folks Grin Grin Grin
etang6000

Activity: 233

View Profile
September 14, 2016, 12:27:37 PM

what's going on with VTC?  Is there any news or is this just another random pump thanks to polotrololo?   Does VTC even have an active dev at this point?  
Several active devs . Wallet is being updated

and still ASIC resistant Wink

Can someone explain why ASIC Resistance is so important? I get the concept but why all of a sudden is this significant.

The idea is that you don't need a lot of money to mine . Anyone who has a gpu  can mine ( which is any gamer , or most people with a computer ) Asic's are specialized computer with one purpose ( to mine a specific algo) , they are expensive and can only be used for that purpose. Only a few companies make asics , so coins that use asics are at the mercy of said companies to make asics and better asics every so often .The main problem is that some, if not all asic companies build asics and use them until they pay for them selves and then sell them to the consumer when it's very hard to make ROI on them .
volyova
Legendary

Activity: 882

View Profile
September 14, 2016, 12:45:55 PM

what's going on with VTC?  Is there any news or is this just another random pump thanks to polotrololo?   Does VTC even have an active dev at this point?  
Several active devs . Wallet is being updated

and still ASIC resistant Wink

Can someone explain why ASIC Resistance is so important? I get the concept but why all of a sudden is this significant.

The idea is that you don't need a lot of money to mine . Anyone who has a gpu  can mine ( which is any gamer , or most people with a computer ) Asic's are specialized computer with one purpose ( to mine a specific algo) , they are expensive and can only be used for that purpose. Only a few companies make asics , so coins that use asics are at the mercy of said companies to make asics and better asics every so often .The main problem is that some, if not all asic companies build asics and use them until they pay for them selves and then sell them to the consumer when it's very hard to make ROI on them .
Not to mention the negative effect that all that selling has on a coin's price. The asic owner must sell all mined coins (at first) to ROI. Then he sells the asic (because who would want to be left with a useless machine) to someone else who (tries) to do exactly the same thing as the previous owner (but less sucessfully). Ad infinitum.
volyova
Legendary

View Profile
September 14, 2016, 12:56:08 PM

BTW this pump's volume is western on origin (polo), not chinese. So don't expect too much.
mega

Activity: 504

Large scale, green crypto mining ICO

View Profile
September 14, 2016, 01:33:21 PM

Also, Since there's so much  worries about resource management, climate change and  pollution, we should remember ASIC's are specific hardware, with very limited time life. After they become obsolete, its just another piece of crap that doesnt fit anywhere else. W

On the other hand, GPU's can and are being used to mine, work and play. And for my experience, they might last a couple of decades Smiley

████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████  ▀███████████▀  ███████▀▀       ▀▀███████████████████▄▀████  ▀██████████  ████▌ ▐████████████▌ ▐██              ███            ████
████   ▀█████████▀   █████▀  ▄▄████████▄▀██████████████████▄▀███   ▀█████████  ████▌ ▐████████████▌ ▐████████  █████████  ██████████████
████  ▄ ▀███████▀ ▄  ███▀  ▄█████████████▄██████████████████ ███  █▄ ▀███████  ████▌ ▐████████████▌ ▐████████  █████████  ██████████████
████  █▄ ▀█████▀ ▄█  ██▀ ▄██████████████████████████████████ ███  ███  ██████  ████▌ ▐████████████▌ ▐████████  █████████  ██████████████
████  ██▄ ▀███▀ ▄██  ██ ▄██████████████████████████████████▀ ███  ████▄ ▀████  ████▌ ▐████████████▌ ▐████████  █████████          ▐█████
████  ███▄ ▀█▀ ▄███  ██ ██████████████████████████████████▀ ▄███  ██████  ▀██  ████▌ ▐████████████▌ ▐████████  █████████  ██████████████
████  ████▄   ▄████  ██ ▐███████████████████████████████▀  ▄████  ███████▄ ▀█  ████▌ ▐████████████▌ ▐████████  █████████  ██████████████
████  ██████▄██████  ███ ██████████████████▄▀█████████▀  ▄██████  █████████▄   ████▌ ▐████████████▌ ▐████████  █████████  ██████████████
████  █████████████  ███▄▀███████████████████▄▄       ▄▄████████  ██████████▄  ████▌            ██▌ ▐████████  █████████            ████

███████████████████  WHITEPAPER  ████
█ █ ██  ANN THREAD  █████████████████ █ █

FACEBOOK      TWITTER      LINKEDIN
volyova
Legendary

View Profile
September 14, 2016, 01:57:56 PM

Also, Since there's so much  worries about resource management, climate change and  pollution, we should remember ASIC's are specific hardware, with very limited time life. After they become obsolete, its just another piece of crap that doesnt fit anywhere else. W

On the other hand, GPU's can and are being used to mine, work and play. And for my experience, they might last a couple of decades Smiley
Yes, I still have my HD 7950's, which have ROI'd many times over.
mega

View Profile
September 14, 2016, 02:04:23 PM

Yes, I still have my HD 7950's, which have ROI'd many times over.

Thanks VertCoin! Smiley

████  ▀███████████▀  ███████▀▀       ▀▀███████████████████▄▀████  ▀██████████  ████▌ ▐████████████▌ ▐██              ███            ████
████   ▀█████████▀   █████▀  ▄▄████████▄▀██████████████████▄▀███   ▀█████████  ████▌ ▐████████████▌ ▐████████  █████████  ██████████████
████  ▄ ▀███████▀ ▄  ███▀  ▄█████████████▄██████████████████ ███  █▄ ▀███████  ████▌ ▐████████████▌ ▐████████  █████████  ██████████████
████  █▄ ▀█████▀ ▄█  ██▀ ▄██████████████████████████████████ ███  ███  ██████  ████▌ ▐████████████▌ ▐████████  █████████  ██████████████
████  ██▄ ▀███▀ ▄██  ██ ▄██████████████████████████████████▀ ███  ████▄ ▀████  ████▌ ▐████████████▌ ▐████████  █████████          ▐█████
████  ███▄ ▀█▀ ▄███  ██ ██████████████████████████████████▀ ▄███  ██████  ▀██  ████▌ ▐████████████▌ ▐████████  █████████  ██████████████
████  ████▄   ▄████  ██ ▐███████████████████████████████▀  ▄████  ███████▄ ▀█  ████▌ ▐████████████▌ ▐████████  █████████  ██████████████
████  ██████▄██████  ███ ██████████████████▄▀█████████▀  ▄██████  █████████▄   ████▌ ▐████████████▌ ▐████████  █████████  ██████████████
████  █████████████  ███▄▀███████████████████▄▄       ▄▄████████  ██████████▄  ████▌            ██▌ ▐████████  █████████            ████

mega

View Profile
September 14, 2016, 04:39:31 PM

Reading this:

https://forum.ethereum.org/discussion/6586/we-are-dead-eth-asic-are-out

"We are Dead! - ETH ASIC are out!" - Ethereum forum.

I'm wondering if there is anyway to be ASIC resistant without changing algorithm.

VertyCoiny

Activity: 161

View Profile
September 14, 2016, 04:44:01 PM

Reading this:

I'm wondering if there is anyway to be ASIC resistant without changing algorithm.
I don't think there is a way, but if the devs are willing to change whenever a Asic gets released for lyra then i don't think they will make asics. Otherwise it will not be very profitable for them lol
volyova
Legendary

View Profile
September 14, 2016, 05:12:41 PM

Reading this:

I don't think there is a way, but if the devs are willing to change whenever a Asic gets released for lyra then i don't think they will make asics. Otherwise it will not be very profitable for them lol
It's a pre-order scam.
volyova
Legendary

View Profile
September 14, 2016, 05:13:22 PM

There are no, and will never be any ETH asic.
etang6000

View Profile
September 14, 2016, 09:31:32 PM

Why never? If a coin is popular enough they'll make an asic for it . I'm not saying it's good for the coin . Look at litecoin , it was super popular until asics hit .Vertcoin had asics when it was scrypt n ...well for a couple weeks until we forked.  Grin
volyova
Legendary

View Profile
September 14, 2016, 10:06:02 PM

Why never? If a coin is popular enough they'll make an asic for it . I'm not saying it's good for the coin . Look at litecoin , it was super popular until asics hit .Vertcoin had asics when it was scrypt n ...well for a couple weeks until we forked.  Grin
There'll be no asics because ETH is going proof of stake in approx six months. So no time. Anyway, the eth founders have said that if one is developed they will tweak the algorithim. So zero chance of ETH asics appearing, I'm afraid.
etang6000

View Profile
September 15, 2016, 01:14:37 AM

There'll be no asics because ETH is going proof of stake in approx six months. So no time. Anyway, the eth founders have said that if one is developed they will tweak the algorithim. So zero chance of ETH asics appearing, I'm afraid.
If I'm not mistaken they are going to do some POS POW hybrid system
volyova
Legendary

View Profile
September 15, 2016, 07:36:04 AM

Why never? If a coin is popular enough they'll make an asic for it . I'm not saying it's good for the coin . Look at litecoin , it was super popular until asics hit .Vertcoin had asics when it was scrypt n ...well for a couple weeks until we forked.  Grin
If I'm not mistaken they are going to do some POS POW hybrid system
It doesn't matter. If ASIC appear on the network, the founders have said they will tweak the algo. As I said above...
Johnny00

Activity: 644

Machine Learning & AI - Trustless Ledger System

View Profile
September 15, 2016, 09:34:01 AM

Like like crash today. Will it keep dropping?

⦁⚫⦁
     ▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊ Trustless Ledger System ▊▊▊▊▊▊▊
  S H A R P E  C A P I T A L 

▄▀▀▄
                 ▀▄▄▀
                 █
      ▄▀▀▄      █
      ▀▄▄▀     █
      █  █    █
     █    █  █
    █     ▄▀▀▄
   █      ▀▄▄▀
▄▀▀▄    
▀▄▄▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
Investing with AI & Machine Learning
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ⦁⚫⦁ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  read our Whitepaper ▄▄▄▄▄▄
Bitcointalk Twitter Telegram  Slack
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
⦁⚫⦁
VertyCoiny

Activity: 161

View Profile
September 15, 2016, 10:49:30 AM

Yes it will keep dropping, sell now before we go back to 5000sats!
Cmon man use your goddamn brains and look at the fucking chart and decide for yourself if it looks bullish or fkn bearish.
transparenttrader

Activity: 22

View Profile
September 15, 2016, 11:20:29 AM

Yes it will keep dropping, sell now before we go back to 5000sats!
Cmon man use your goddamn brains and look at the fucking chart and decide for yourself if it looks bullish or fkn bearish.

Relax
Pages: « 1 ... 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 [108] 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.