Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 02:35:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 [81] 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 ... 137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Vertcoin - 1 | ASIC - 0 | Lyra2RE | Decentralised | GPU Mineable | Open Source  (Read 415367 times)
usukan
Legendary

Activity: 1590
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 07:49:54 AM

what do i have to do to get this wallet to work here i have the qt running but it says no block source and yes downloaded newest wallet just dont know what i need to compile/make it work....any help would be great using windows...thanks in advance Grin

You might need to put some addnode lines in a .conf file.

If it doesn't exist already create a vertcoin.conf file and place it in C:\Users\yourName\AppData\Roaming\Vertcoin directory.  Replace yourName with your computer's windows account name. Write the following line into your .conf file and save the file.

addnode=87.236.196.77

If that doesn't work read through the pages of this thread starting from this one backwards until you find posts with lines of code like

addnode=

Copy the code into the file with a .conf extension in your vertcoin wallet folder until your wallet starts to sync.

feck - seriously?

Haven't dug my wallet out for a while but won't till it gets fixed properly by the devs

--

--
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2015, 06:14:21 PM

what a terrible !!!
280X doing 480kh/s on Neoscrypt!!!!!
i will research

he rewrote special kernel himself and not for public Grin

information like this can cause coin value to plummet at the very least temporarily, no one wants to mine biased coin by localized (hidden) advantage in the mining software by few (or worse by one)

(above is not in the regards to VERT) many seek to find an advantage some kind of pattern, but even if they find an advantage they are shooting themselves in the foot as any sudden spike in the hash rate will cause a concern and worry, best is to achieve equilibrium from low to high to very high difficulty

hence call to any looking at lyra2 on a deep level or even as trivial as GPU settings for maximum performance  or mining pools discovering ways to smooth out their operations all findings should be shared in public

I have example of at least 3 top coins in the 50 top market cap that suffered very negative consequences by not following above suggestion

Except there is no algo that doesn't have non-public advantages, so...
@Wolf0, your attitude is not cool.

This is not working to cure cancer, this is making money; it is business. Sharing an advantage simply causes the public to destroy any possibility of profit until only those paying 5 cents per kWh or less can make anything, and them only pennies.
@Wolf0..and that is why the world is fucked, because of selfish and greedy people like you. I am glad that your corrupt nature is the exception, rather than the rule in this community.

How dare Wolf0 not pay tribute to Captain Volyova of the Free Shit Army (and thereby save humanity from evil)?   Roll Eyes

I was going to buy some Vertcoins, but won't now because volyova has made it clear the community is toxic and over-entitled.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
pallas
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 1094

Black Belt Developer

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 08:51:08 PM

what a terrible !!!
i will research

information like this can cause coin value to plummet at the very least temporarily, no one wants to mine biased coin by localized (hidden) advantage in the mining software by few (or worse by one)

(above is not in the regards to VERT) many seek to find an advantage some kind of pattern, but even if they find an advantage they are shooting themselves in the foot as any sudden spike in the hash rate will cause a concern and worry, best is to achieve equilibrium from low to high to very high difficulty

hence call to any looking at lyra2 on a deep level or even as trivial as GPU settings for maximum performance  or mining pools discovering ways to smooth out their operations all findings should be shared in public

I have example of at least 3 top coins in the 50 top market cap that suffered very negative consequences by not following above suggestion

This is not working to cure cancer, this is making money; it is business. Sharing an advantage simply causes the public to destroy any possibility of profit until only those paying 5 cents per kWh or less can make anything, and them only pennies.
@Wolf0..and that is why the world is fucked, because of selfish and greedy people like you. I am glad that your corrupt nature is the exception, rather than the rule in this community.

How dare Wolf0 not pay tribute to Captain Volyova of the Free Shit Army (and thereby save humanity from evil)?   Roll Eyes

I was going to buy some Vertcoins, but won't now because volyova has made it clear the community is toxic and over-entitled.

How could we live without some mind-opening posts like this one and without resurrecting a one year old post like that :-D

crackfoo
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 1126

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2015, 04:42:41 AM

How could we live without some mind-opening posts like this one and without resurrecting a one year old post like that :-D

he's running low on troll content so scrounging for monero credits.

just ignore that one.

ZPOOL - the miners multipool! Support We pay 10 FLUX Parallel Assets (PA) directly to block rewards! Get paid more and faster. No PA fee's or waiting around for them, paid instantly on every block found!
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2015, 05:47:57 AM

he's running low on troll content so scrounging for monero credits.

just ignore that one.

Ignore me like crackfoo ignored me when I told him to stop spamming his shitty pool everywhere (until he got banned).   Smiley

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
volyova
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 10, 2015, 04:18:56 PM

what a terrible !!!
i will research

How dare Wolf0 not pay tribute to Captain Volyova of the Free Shit Army (and thereby save humanity from evil)?   Roll Eyes

I am sorry fellow Vertans. This nasty troll is following me around like a bad smell! I think he is in lurve... Roll Eyes
VultureFund

Activity: 366
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 02:44:45 PM

Ladies, is everyone ready for the next turbo aceleration here?! Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Just here to say thanks to all those loyal VTC sellers, this would'n be possible without you. Wink

See ya in the 100,000's in a few weeks friends, and this time we'll get there to STAY. Bye. Cheesy  
volyova
Legendary

View Profile
December 13, 2015, 12:14:40 AM

Ladies, is everyone ready for the next turbo aceleration here?! Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Just here to say thanks to all those loyal VTC sellers, this would'n be possible without you. Wink

See ya in the 100,000's in a few weeks friends, and this time we'll get there to STAY. Bye. Cheesy  
Well hurry up, then! I've been waiting long enough!  Tongue
Alexthesalamander

Activity: 326

View Profile
December 14, 2015, 07:18:16 PM

Well hurry up, then! I've been waiting long enough!  Tongue

Looks like you have to wait some more Tongue

Buy high and sell low
etoque
Legendary

Activity: 1974

View Profile
December 14, 2015, 08:50:51 PM

Hope everyone have grab his stack at this low... Vert had great history about massive up  Cheesy
volyova
Legendary

View Profile
December 14, 2015, 09:08:17 PM

Hope everyone have grab his stack at this low... Vert had great history about massive up  Cheesy
I did Cool
kold678

Activity: 240

View Profile
December 15, 2015, 05:43:24 PM

ive grabbed up almost 10k waiting for 150k sat now  Shocked
Alexthesalamander

View Profile
December 15, 2015, 05:57:15 PM

Vertcoin is bitcoin upgraded after all.

Buy high and sell low
etoque
Legendary

Activity: 1974

View Profile
December 15, 2015, 07:11:54 PM
Last edit: December 15, 2015, 07:35:56 PM by etoque

Its a game of patience   Cool
Alexthesalamander

View Profile
December 15, 2015, 07:36:32 PM

ive grabbed up almost 10k waiting for 150k sat now  Shocked

Im never gonna sell before half a million sat. This coin is too good. Thanks to all the people mining it!

Buy high and sell low
volyova
Legendary

View Profile
December 17, 2015, 12:45:43 AM

what a terrible !!!
i will research

How dare Wolf0 not pay tribute to Captain Volyova of the Free Shit Army (and thereby save humanity from evil)?   Roll Eyes

I am sorry fellow Vertans. This nasty troll is following me around like a bad smell! I think he is in lurve... Roll Eyes

iCEBREAKER is just insane, I think.
At last we agree on something! Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Telescopium

Activity: 242

Diamond good coin

View Profile
December 18, 2015, 10:19:24 AM

It seems Vertcoin rapidly losing the trust  of users and capitalization. Now this coin is held only by the Chinese clowns who bought it when the price to was a overpriced  Cheesy

pallas
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 1094

Black Belt Developer

View Profile
December 18, 2015, 10:25:33 AM

It seems Vertcoin rapidly losing the trust  of users and capitalization. Now this coin is held only by the Chinese clowns who bought it when the price to was a overpriced  Cheesy

What if they pump it? You never know :-)

Exoskeleton

Activity: 338
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 18, 2015, 06:06:58 PM

Seriously?

The devs adjusted the coins algo to thwart a botnet within a month or so of it being put online.
The fact that anyone made a botnet says something.
The fact that the community found it right away says something.
The way the hard fork went off perfect, and not for the first time mind you...

Haters gonna hate. But the hate I see posted about Vertcoin seems to come from only a few people total. Our core is strong and while Vert is not the only ASIC resistant coin, its by far my favorite. And as somebody who was always interested in coins because of the distributed computing and GPU mining aspect I can say this.

After Bitcoin and Litecoin fell into problems due to ASICs and big money there were only a few places for us true founders to go.

The people still mining with GPUs are the people who built coins. The people who supported their idea of true value. The people who stuck with coins. The people who made all this happen in the first place. EVERYTHING.

Vertcoin is one of the refuges for us and our efforts and we are strong. One day you'll want/need this coin, and we'll be here. Cheap coins won't be anymore. The weak will wash out. Thats OK, really, and thats how things work. Were stronger without you.

Almost all of the time I see FUD on forums and exchanges I see it as that person actually supporting the opposite belief. Otherwise why bother going on the main thread for a coin just to put it down? Why waste your time. I don't go on Doge coin threads and say "its dead". I don't like the coin but why would I waste my time doing that? To FUD the coin so I can buy more cheap?

Yep.

But Doge is crap and Vert is strong.

If your on this thread or spamming the Reddit one with FUD I can't think of anything other than "this guy is trying to drive down the price of coins to buy more cheap". Its obvious. Its a classic tactic. Good luck with that.

Its all good by the way. I just needed to defend a coin I've been mining for almost 2 years and will be mining for years to come. Your welcome to hate on it all you want, but think about making another thread to do that in.

Peace.

*Drops Mic*
Alexthesalamander

View Profile
December 18, 2015, 07:19:25 PM

Why is this coin being keeped so locked at 5000 sats? Power bills?

Buy high and sell low
Pages: « 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 [81] 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 ... 137 »
  Print  

Jump to: