Bitcoin Forum
May 19, 2024, 06:59:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 ... 96 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] MangoCoinz Official ANN Thread - Mine cryptocurrencies on you smart phone  (Read 164526 times)
SvonioneFromMangoCoinz

Activity: 663
Merit: 10

https://streamies.io/

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 06:48:56 PM

heres a few more of the 3 letter accounts
Sync: sony amount 20.3924504 MCZ on 2015-02-12 17:24:46
Sync: net amount 21 MCZ on 2015-02-12 17:37:19
Sync: day amount 21 MCZ on 2015-02-12 17:28:50
Sync: sun amount 20.3158655 MCZ on 2015-02-12 17:22:00

its seems like a script or bot perhaps in android emulator?  set to continuously farm and automatically create new accounts.

What if after install or a reinstall of app the user needs to be issued a "key" which is generated by server using some crypto magic that involves the phone number/imei/deviceid and sent to them via sms before they are allowed to mine or sync.  The code cant be faked and once used is linked to their account permanent to prevent any attempt to use wiht more then one account.  Wouldn't something like that prevent these types of exploits?  

sent by sms would be highly unreliable especially for the users whom are using an old phone or a phone without service

another thing that comes to my mind which is very questionable
what is to say that the devs arent easily able to dump arbitrary amounts of mcz themselves to profit as well
once the greed factor sets in thats all it will take for them to easily abuse this to profit

[edit]
ive just taken a quick look at the app and i was suprised to find that there isnt even any method providing proof of work for mcz mined
so this system can be easily abused 100% to sync coins which users have not even done the work to mine
major fucking fail

[edit2]
apparently there isnt even a simple ToS for mangocoinz
so the devs have not even taken the time to set rules for users using this service
which leaves me to question their view on banning people using this service
as they have set no rules or guidelines there is nothing stating users cannot abuse their services in mass
which means that the devs banning users for doing something like this is not justified because they have not stated it is wrong to do so.

moreover when they begin trying to ban users, all its going to take is someone to file a complaint for abuse to digital ocean and show how they were banned for abuse from a service that doesnt even provide terms of service appropriately stating what rules to abide by and mcz will either have to find a new host or die
fail # i lost count

as fast as they pushed this out without even considering to provide a terms of service, and as much as they speak about reaching out to a specific market in the first post in their thread, i believe they are just trying to use this to make profits

i leave this as an open opportunity for them to discuss this with us and prove that wrong.
how about an answer in regards to this SvonioneFromMangoCoinz

OK. Since you are obviously new to this thread, first of all, we are NOT making any profit from MangoCoinz yet. No coins from our fee account has been sold anywhere. If you take your time and read all of the past 36 pages of this thread, you will see that we are honest folk here.

About the terms of service. We will have that in the future, as soon as the app gets remade for iPhones. Thanks for noticing that.

The 3 letter accounts. These are made and run by a certain individual that has a large number of phones, who's legitimacy we have confirmed numerous times. We have all the data that confirms that his syncs are all legit. We can't put that information public.

S T R E A M I E S -  Streaming in Anonimity  -  No rules
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●●     Whitepaper Released    ●● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DISCORD    -    BITCOINTALK    -    WEBSITE    -    EXCHANGE
SvonioneFromMangoCoinz

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 06:50:10 PM

In regards to the recent hack this is what I remember seeing posted from the DEV

Hey everybody,

We've just published MangoCoinz v0.5.2 and it will be available to update in a few hours.
This is a security update, and updating from v0.5.1 will not result in coin loss.

A short time after the update is available, it will be the only version able to interact with the system.

Best regards, Srele from MangoCoinz.

Notice that he says "A short time after the update is available, it will be the only version able to interact with the system."

Meaning that when I explained about how you could earn heaps of MangoCoinz on the older app versions and then when choosing to you can update to the latest version and sync it up with no limit or a very high sync limit for 1 day since those coins were earn't on different kinds of settings.

I was told this is not possible by the DEV yet he has said in the latest release "A short time after the update is available, it will be the only version able to interact with the system"

I think we have a bit of a hiccup here.

this must have been from the api's used prior to the 0.5.2 because i can vouch that the apiv2 did not accept requests with a lower version than 0.5.2, a majority of the fixes in that release were bugs and issues i reported to the developers privately, i havent bothered to look at any of this in about 2 weeks but with the permission of the devs ill gladly take a look again if they would like

Hey blackwat3r,

feel free to take as many looks as you like Smiley We appreciate if you inform us of what you find.

youcantbesrs

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 06:58:32 PM

In regards to the recent hack this is what I remember seeing posted from the DEV

Hey everybody,

We've just published MangoCoinz v0.5.2 and it will be available to update in a few hours.
This is a security update, and updating from v0.5.1 will not result in coin loss.

A short time after the update is available, it will be the only version able to interact with the system.

Notice that he says "A short time after the update is available, it will be the only version able to interact with the system."

Meaning that when I explained about how you could earn heaps of MangoCoinz on the older app versions and then when choosing to you can update to the latest version and sync it up with no limit or a very high sync limit for 1 day since those coins were earn't on different kinds of settings.

I was told this is not possible by the DEV yet he has said in the latest release "A short time after the update is available, it will be the only version able to interact with the system"

this must have been from the api's used prior to the 0.5.2 because i can vouch that the apiv2 did not accept requests with a lower version than 0.5.2, a majority of the fixes in that release were bugs and issues i reported to the developers privately, i havent bothered to look at any of this in about 2 weeks but with the permission of the devs ill gladly take a look again if they would like

Hey blackwat3r,

feel free to take as many looks as you like Smiley We appreciate if you inform us of what you find.

you cant just throw out a tos after your service has been initiated because none of your existing users were given terms of service to abide by when first registering for your service, this is considered very bad practice and any rules put up after this point are not valid to users because they were allowed to register for your services and use them from the start without being given rules to follow, especially since this is a service from which monetary value is involved

as per the no coins from your fee account...
thats just the fee account
what about for example, the 8000 coins you sent to a user named micto, where did those come from, because theres no plausible way with the date on that transaction that you were able to mine/sync 8000 coins at that point in time, this is just one example Smiley

The 3 letter accounts. These are made and run by a certain individual that has a large number of phones, who's legitimacy we have confirmed numerous times. We have all the data that confirms that his syncs are all legit. We can't put that information public.
ok so you are admitting to allow an individual to bot your system by controlling mass acounts
can you explain to the community how this is fair to the rest of the users since you are obviously letting this single user pump and dump with no reprocussions
SvonioneFromMangoCoinz

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 07:01:11 PM

Hey everybody,

Hey blackwat3r,

you cant just throw out a tos after your service has been initiated because none of your existing users were given terms of service to abide by when first registering for your service, this is considered very bad practice and any rules put up after this point are not valid to users because they were allowed to register for your services and use them from the start without being given rules to follow, especially since this is a service from which monetary value is involved

This is untrue for situations such as beta testing. No real product has yet reached the market. And ToS can be added, removed, changed or anything else at any time.

SvonioneFromMangoCoinz

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 07:05:01 PM

Hey everybody,

Hey blackwat3r,

what about for example, the 8000 coins you sent to a user named micto, where did those come from, because theres no plausible way with the date on that transaction that you were able to mine/sync 8000 coins at that point in time, this is just one example Smiley

That account has never even received 8000 coins in total during it's existence. We just checked at. And what is mine username, since you are so eager to point fingers.

youcantbesrs

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 07:06:26 PM

Hey everybody,

Hey blackwat3r,

That account has never even received 8000 coins in total during it's existence. We just checked at. And what is mine username, since you are so eager to point fingers.
you have two usernames

srele, and Srele with a capitol s, atleast according to the transaction logs provided by another user, and from monitoring your blockchain Smiley

transaction specifically shows Srele sending 8000 mcz to micto

as much as id like to think this is incorrect, this is coming from information that was pulled directly from your blockchain in the beginning, and directly from the transaction logs from the aforementioned account so i doubt its incorrect
SvonioneFromMangoCoinz

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 07:11:43 PM
Last edit: February 12, 2015, 07:25:17 PM by SvonioneFromMangoCoinz

Hey everybody,

Hey blackwat3r,

you have two usernames

srele, and Srele with a capitol s, atleast according to the transaction logs provided by another user, and from monitoring your blockchain Smiley

First of all, I'm not srele or Srele Smiley It's the same account, because we handle usernames lower case. Once upon time we didn't, but that was months ago. Only transaction that was that high was 8500 to a user that bought those coins fair and square. Those coins were from our personal wallets for development fees. We needed the BTC to get on the exchange

How come we can't see that transaction anywhere?

SreleFromMangoCoinz (OP)

Activity: 245
Merit: 250

CTO at MangoCoinz

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2015, 07:14:49 PM

Hey everybody,

We've found the problem with syncing issue that occurred a couple of days before and now everything is patched.

Sending will still be disabled until we suspend all the usernames that tried to do shady things.
If we made a mistake with some usernames they can tell us and we will check them out and un suspend them if they're legit.

We're working hard on securing MangoCoinz to be as safe and friendly as possible. Cheesy

MangoCoinz, mobile cryptocurrecy mining is here. Available for Android now and soon on the iPhone!
SvonioneFromMangoCoinz

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 07:38:03 PM

Hey everybody,

Hey blackwat3r,

ok so you are admitting to allow an individual to bot your system by controlling mass acounts
can you explain to the community how this is fair to the rest of the users since you are obviously letting this single user pump and dump with no reprocussions

There is no botting there, we have pictures showing dozens of pshysical phones. We suspended that user at first, but then we had him take pictures, and those clearly showed us what was going on, and it was completely legit.

youcantbesrs

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 07:53:02 PM

Hey everybody,

Hey blackwat3r,

There is no botting there, we have pictures showing dozens of pshysical phones. We suspended that user at first, but then we had him take pictures, and those clearly showed us what was going on, and it was completely legit.

doesnt matter if its completely legit. allowing a user to utilize multiple phones like this is blatently allowing him to abuse the system
there ultimately needs to be a limitation as to how many devices a single user can use with mangocoinz else it becomes unfair to the community as you are allowing this user to profit in mass as well as change the probability for other users to profit aka contributing to change in difficulty, etc

you are basically saying i can run out and grab 200 used phones to install the app on and mass mine mcz to dump and profit which SHOULD NOT BE PERMITTED

what is the rest of the communities view on this
im willing to bet a majority of the community will agree with this
DailyModo

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

www.gamebet.gg

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 07:55:06 PM

Hey everybody,

Hey blackwat3r,

doesnt matter if its completely legit. allowing a user to utilize multiple phones like this is blatently allowing him to abuse the system
there ultimately needs to be a limitation as to how many devices a single user can use with mangocoinz else it becomes unfair to the community as you are allowing this user to profit in mass as well as change the probability for other users to profit aka contributing to change in difficulty, etc

you are basically saying i can run out and grab 200 used phones to install the app on and mass mine mcz to dump and profit which SHOULD NOT BE PERMITTED

What is preventing you on doing it exactly? nothing. But this is no different from these mining rigs. People who have money will invest more for a bigger return on the long term. It has always been this way and i don't see why would it change now the concept is the same multiple miners/multiple devices exactly the same.

Betting on esports with crypto's and steam items has never been easier.
CONTACT
dailymodo@gamebet.gg @GamebetGg
youcantbesrs

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 08:04:45 PM

Hey everybody,

Hey blackwat3r,

What is preventing you on doing it exactly? nothing. But this is no different from these mining rigs. People who have money will invest more for a bigger return on the long term. It has always been this way and i don't see why would it change now the concept is the same multiple miners/multiple devices exactly the same.

i seriously doubt the user they said is using multiple phones is legitimately running around with 30+ phones on himself to mine mcz
your comparison is also invalid because this is not the same as traditional mining
the objective here is to promote users to gain an incentive whilst being active in a positive manner, not promoting them to get their hands on as many devices as possible just to sit back and make bank
29Acult

Activity: 6

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 08:14:27 PM

How exactly this pictures showing that his is legit user? Are there just picture of phones, or how
they show that its exactly this usernames running mangocoinz on that phones?And what about mining?
Even if you got proof for phones, its still strange that they are all syncing at the same time with
intervals of 3 days, isn't it?

you have two usernames

transaction specifically shows Srele sending 8000 mcz to micto

as much as id like to think this is incorrect, this is coming from information that was pulled directly from your blockchain in the beginning, and directly from the transaction logs from the aforementioned account so i doubt its incorrect

Well its inappropriate accusation, first of all you did not provide any proof or at least screenshot at all.

But speaking about system in general, you can't know if devs cheated, or did not at all.
First of all no one of us know how blockchain exactly working, what would stop srele for example from
making script that wont show him on blockchain for transactions or syncs with big value, and do
same with coins counter.

And pay attention, i am not trying to accuse devs at all, just noticing that cheating for devs are possible in theory.

blackwat3er

Activity: 19

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 08:19:44 PM

Hey everybody,

Hey blackwat3r,

i have taken another look at the app and have sent you my analysis and a few issues via email Smiley
youcantbesrs

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 08:39:47 PM

what would stop srele for example from
making script that wont show him on blockchain for transactions or syncs with big value, and do
same with coins counter.

check the script i posted on gist
https://gist.github.com/anonymous/3a9dbd180bde3ce4735f

that can easily be modified to do just that
albeit it is just a rough example that i threw together in 5 minutes
without access to any of the backend information the devs themselves have access to
29Acult

Activity: 6

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 08:41:18 PM

i seriously doubt the user they said is using multiple phones is legitimately running around with 30+ phones on himself to mine mcz
your comparison is also invalid because this is not the same as traditional mining
the objective here is to promote users to gain an incentive whilst being active in a positive manner, not promoting them to get their hands on as many devices as possible just to sit back and make bank

Yes and how you can imagine, preventing people from owning multiple phone?  Shocked

There is literally no way to prevent people from installing application on multiple phones,
maybe except from requesting passport or some kind of identity authentication, which
would be just ridiculous! As for cryptocurrency. Cheesy

P.S.
youcantbesrs:
that can easily be modified to do just that
albeit it is just a rough example that i threw together in 5 minutes
without access to any of the backend information the devs themselves have access to

yes that is the thing i was talking about, it can be made pretty easily.
SreleFromMangoCoinz (OP)

Activity: 245
Merit: 250

CTO at MangoCoinz

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2015, 09:40:14 PM

Hey everybody,

We can't force people not to use multiple phones.
We've asked the person that has those multiple phones, and he gave permission to tell you guys that he has a phone store, and he installed MangoCoinz on a bunch of phones.
He provided us with images, and we looked at them and we saw MangoCoinz running on multiple phones with legit usernames (no PhotoShop).

We don't want to scam anybody, we just wan't to make something cool that everybody can use and benefit from.
So please have some understanding that this is still Beta and please have some patience for future improved versions of MangoCoinz.

MangoCoinz, mobile cryptocurrecy mining is here. Available for Android now and soon on the iPhone!
youcantbesrs

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 10:05:27 PM

Hey everybody,

We've asked the person that has those multiple phones, and he gave permission to tell you guys that he has a phone store, and he installed MangoCoinz on a bunch of phones.
He provided us with images, and we looked at them and we saw MangoCoinz running on multiple phones with legit usernames (no PhotoShop).

We don't want to scam anybody, we just wan't to make something cool that everybody can use and benefit from.
So please have some understanding that this is still Beta and please have some patience for future improved versions of MangoCoinz.

oh so basically if i can get my hands on a few hundred phones then i can abuse your system, this is the message you are giving by allowing this user to do this
accounts should be limited to say 4 or 5 tops for every user

you can easily limit the connections allowed to your system by ips,
also in regards to this user owning a phone store, by allowing him to do this you are giving full admission to knowledge of him abusing the products he is attempting to market which im rather sure holds legality issues
blackwat3er

Activity: 19

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 10:11:09 PM

Hey everybody,

in regards to this, i will give you 24 hours to limit the number of accounts this user has or ban him
or i will release the bot i have provided to you privately via email capable of emulating your app so that all of the users here can also abuse your services in this way

altho this would be a questionable action on my behalf, i think it would be completely fair to the rest of the community becasue after all by allowing this user to mass manipulate mangocoinz in the way that he is with permission from you to do so release of the information and code i have would also be fair grounds to the community

there is no point in me working with you and providing you information in regards to protecting your product/service when you are allowing actions such as this and empowering users of the community to do so as well

if this users activities are not haulted or dealt with 24 hours from me posting this then anyone whom wants can pm me for a bot to utilize mangocoinz api's at mass, or alternatively, i will post everything on github with direct links provided here and updated with each update to the app.

whats fair is fair.

best regards.
Blackwater.
SvonioneFromMangoCoinz

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 10:20:30 PM

Hey everybody,

in regards to this, i will give you 24 hours to limit the number of accounts this user has or ban him
or i will release the bot i have provided to you privately via email capable of emulating your app so that all of the users here can also abuse your services in this way

altho this would be a questionable action on my behalf, i think it would be completely fair to the rest of the community becasue after all by allowing this user to mass manipulate mangocoinz in the way that he is with permission from you to do so release of the information and code i have would also be fair grounds to the community

there is no point in me working with you and providing you information in regards to protecting your product/service when you are allowing actions such as this and empowering users of the community to do so as well

if this users activities are not haulted or dealt with 24 hours from me posting this then anyone whom wants can pm me for a bot to utilize mangocoinz api's at mass, or alternatively, i will post everything on github with direct links provided here and updated with each update to the app

What stops people from having 50 mining rigs that mine BTC? Is that unfair to the community? The man has 50 phones and gives all of them enough energy to mine as much as he is mining. How is that unfair? Cryptos are all unfair. There are people with resources to mine more than others. That's just the way it is. There are a lot of users in this community that have a lot more coins than even us, the dev team.

The whole point is to have people compete for their coins. Let's all complain about that guy that runs 30km a day and mines more than us who sit around all day. Take BTC for example. Let's all complain about that guy that has a 10k$ mining rig and mines more than me with a 200$ system.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 ... 96 »
  Print  

Jump to: