Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 05:21:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 ... 148 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] NeuCoin - Easy to use, free to try, focused on micropayments - Official  (Read 196150 times)
rizzlarolla

Activity: 812
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 24, 2015, 05:54:26 PM

I read your post and felt great, most of the Alt coins are not clear cuts and always very complicated even after their launch and in case of NEUCOIN team, I think they have done a great Job to lets people know what exactly NEUCOIN is, and I just love their way of marketing and transparency, I think all those talking against NEUCOIN doing Scam has been already scam by one or the other coins - so was I. I did not lose hope and I know Digital currencies are here to stay as long as the internet lives .. only few will last as long as Internet  and my bet is on NEUCOIN as one of them.

Yes, very funny.
What exactly is nokoin?
The marketing I have seen and highlighted is BS. They are now too "busy" to communicate.
Where is the transparency? No details on large stake Minting advantages, foundations ect.

They "claim" to have worked on nokoin for over a year. Would think we could have some details by now?

You loved pandacoin(PND), another "cryptocurrency for the masses", another pump and dump.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
LOrrav

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 25, 2015, 12:07:23 AM

I read your post and felt great, most of the Alt coins are not clear cuts and always very complicated even after their launch and in case of NEUCOIN team, I think they have done a great Job to lets people know what exactly NEUCOIN is, and I just love their way of marketing and transparency, I think all those talking against NEUCOIN doing Scam has been already scam by one or the other coins - so was I. I did not lose hope and I know Digital currencies are here to stay as long as the internet lives .. only few will last as long as Internet  and my bet is on NEUCOIN as one of them.

Yes, very funny.
What exactly is nokoin?
The marketing I have seen and highlighted is BS. They are now too "busy" to communicate.
Where is the transparency? No details on large stake Minting advantages, foundations ect.

They "claim" to have worked on nokoin for over a year. Would think we could have some details by now?

You loved pandacoin(PND), another "cryptocurrency for the masses", another pump and dump.

They aren't too "busy" to communicate. They just released an update and have committed to releasing one every two weeks:

http://forum.neucoin.org/t/pre-launch-updates/1268
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
June 25, 2015, 12:29:47 AM

we will have to wait a few more months before neucoin hits the streets.  I wonder what the 'investors' think will happen with the price on the open market?

TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
June 25, 2015, 01:20:11 AM

we will have to wait a few more months before neucoin hits the streets.  I wonder what the 'investors' think will happen with the price on the open market?

Clearly, as they have indicated, this will have more users than BTC within 1 year.  Meaning the first month alone should produce around 8,000 users (even though their current forums / interest levels are ghost towns..) and thus it should skyrocket to #3 or #4 in the first month...

So yes if you believe in Daniel Kaufman, the Direct Revenue Scam Artist, then hit up every loan shark in town and borrow as much as possible and slap it on dem NeuCoins!!

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
scam confirmed

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2015, 01:23:04 AM

we will have to wait a few more months before neucoin hits the streets.  I wonder what the 'investors' think will happen with the price on the open market?

Oh! That's easy.

imbladednow

Activity: 481

Woking as a binman sucks.

View Profile
June 25, 2015, 03:37:56 AM

Scam here or not? Still need to figure this out. any ideas?

I need crypto in my life and garbage out of it.
xtac4u22

Activity: 87

View Profile
June 25, 2015, 03:42:59 AM

Yes, very funny.
What exactly is nokoin?

Tell me a COIN name and its not Funny
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

View Profile
June 25, 2015, 03:49:54 AM

did you read the thread?

iqlimasyadiqa
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1011

View Profile
June 25, 2015, 05:19:38 AM

this is not scam bro .. Neucoin have future . you can Buy some on market when launching . and Hold , if you want use neucoin , you can do , marketplace cooming soon , maybe very soon
TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
June 25, 2015, 05:27:47 AM

this is not scam bro .. Neucoin have future . you can Buy some on market when launching . and Hold , if you want use neucoin , you can do , marketplace cooming soon , maybe very soon

You're not going to be holding much with that 100% inflation every year.   Cheesy

Ever noticed why there doesn't seem to be many PoS high inflation coins on CMC?  Because they all get dumped because the holders don't tolerate being stolen from.  If a coin is stagnant then you lose half your holding after 1 year and in crypto we've seen coins go stagnant for years.

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
LOrrav

View Profile
June 25, 2015, 06:03:31 AM

You're not going to be holding much with that 100% inflation every year.   Cheesy

Ever noticed why there doesn't seem to be many PoS high inflation coins on CMC?  Because they all get dumped because the holders don't tolerate being stolen from.  If a coin is stagnant then you lose half your holding after 1 year and in crypto we've seen coins go stagnant for years.

So what if you can earn 100% interest? Just mine and keep pace. That's a feature of this coin, that everyone that owns it has to help out in some way to get maximum benefit.

BTW, to keep the facts straight, the interest rate goes down from 100% down to 6% over the course of 10 years.
Sizerpoint

Activity: 16

View Profile
June 25, 2015, 06:12:23 AM

when do we get neucoins from the survey?

Never. All you get is spam to your inbox.

LiQio
Legendary

Activity: 1181
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 25, 2015, 06:45:56 AM

So what if you can earn 100% interest? Just mine and keep pace. That's a feature of this coin, that everyone that owns it has to help out in some way to get maximum benefit.

BTW, to keep the facts straight, the interest rate goes down from 100% down to 6% over the course of 10 years.

It doesn't matter. Price will be dictated by the NoKoin team (er, I mean foundations) for years.
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

View Profile
June 25, 2015, 11:53:25 AM

It doesn't matter. Price will be dictated by the NoKoin team (er, I mean foundations) for years.

true.  they seem to have the spare funds to pump it at will, and of course, they can also dump it.
assuming they will be manipulating the market price, then they will have to strategize how much do they want to pay early investors to keep appearances up and get even more bag holders. 

if we assume this thing is not 'going viral', once they realize that, their goal will likely be max profit...they will probably try for a few epic pumps timed with press release news.  just my two cents.

LOrrav

View Profile
June 25, 2015, 12:02:06 PM
Last edit: June 25, 2015, 12:14:21 PM by LOrrav

You're not going to be holding much with that 100% inflation every year.   Cheesy

Ever noticed why there doesn't seem to be many PoS high inflation coins on CMC?  Because they all get dumped because the holders don't tolerate being stolen from.  If a coin is stagnant then you lose half your holding after 1 year and in crypto we've seen coins go stagnant for years.

The reason most of the coins being held by the foundations is to get the coin in the hands of many different types of people.

With most alt-coins so far, the only people that end up owning it are pretty much the founders and the speculators that bought early hoping for a raise in price, and then looking to sell to other speculators, and so on... basically the Greater Fool theory. For these other alt-coins, there is no real reason anyone would own them outside of this sphere of cryptocurrency speculation. This makes the value of the network very small.

The Neucoin team is taking a different approach, which is why they only sold 3.3% of their coins in the presale. They want a heterogeneous network full of different types of people using it. Of course, if the Neucoin team kept all their coins to themselves, with 96.7% of the coins held by them and only 3.3% by speculators, the coin would be worthless. I'm sure even the Neucoin team realizes this. But suppose Neucoin had instead gone with what seems to be the popular opinion on this message board, and placed all 100% in the hands of cryptocurrency speculators. It would be my contention, that in such a case, the coin would be just as worthless as all the other hundreds of failed altcoins out there, and would suffer a similar fate.

So why in both of these cases, a large percentage in the hands of speculators, and a small percentage held by the founders, or a large percentage held by the founders, and a small percentage held by the speculators, does the coin not have any value? It's the property of the network of people that hold the coin.

A homogeneous network full of speculators is almost as worthless as a network owned by the Neucoin company itself. In a homogeneous network, there is no one that anyone has that is worth trading for to anyone else. On the other hand, a network of coins held by many different people from many different industries *is* valuable. In other words, the value of a network multiplies in total by each new industry it breaks into.

After launch, the Neucoin foundations will be putting Neucoin in the hands of many different actors in all kinds of different industries. In addition, it's designed to be extremely easy to use and acquire... there will be a fully integrated online wallet at launch, a cloud based mining service, and many promotions to earn coins.

This, IMO, is how a real valuable network is born, one where many different kinds of people from many different industries get involved. This kind of network gives many people a reason to buy and use your coin, outside of small sphere of speculators that is greatly personified by the people haunting this message board Wink.

Disclaimer, I don't speak for the Neucoin team and am only an investor. But, you can read more of their official statements on the matter here:

http://www.neucoin.org/en/wiki/#strategic-distribution
http://www.neucoin.org/en/wiki/#pre-launch

LiQio
Legendary

Activity: 1181
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 25, 2015, 12:17:40 PM

The reason most of the coins being held by the foundations is to get the coin in the hands of many different types of people.

With most alt-coins so far, the only people that end up owning it are pretty much the founders and the speculators that bought early hoping for a raise in price, and then looking to sell to other speculators, and so on... basically the Greater Fool theory. For these other alt-coins, there is no real reason anyone would own them outside of this sphere of cryptocurrency speculation. This makes the value of the network very small.

The Neucoin team is taking a different approach, which is why they only sold 3.3% of their coins in the presale. They want a heterogeneous network full of different types of people using it. Of course, if the Neucoin team kept all their coins to themselves, with 96.7% of the coins held by them and only 3.3% by speculators, the coin would be worthless. I'm sure even the Neucoin team realizes this. But suppose Neucoin had instead gone with what seems to be the popular opinion on this message board, and placed all 100% in the hands of cryptocurrency speculators. It would be my contention, that in such a case, the coin would be just as worthless as all the other hundreds of failed altcoins out there, and would suffer a similar fate.

So why in both of these cases, a large percentage in the hands of speculators, and a small percentage held by the founders, or a large percentage held by the founders, and a small percentage held by the speculators, does the coin not have any value? It's the property of the network of people that hold the coin.

A homogeneous network full of speculators is almost as worthless as a network owned by the Neucoin company itself. In a homogeneous network, there is no one that anyone has that is worth trading for to anyone else. On the other hand, a network of coins held by many different people from many different industries *is* valuable. In other words, the value of a network multiplies in total by each new industry it breaks into.

After launch, the Neucoin foundations will be putting Neucoin in the hands of many different actors in all kinds of different industries. In addition, it's designed to be extremely easy to use and acquire... there will be a fully integrated online wallet at launch, a cloud based mining service, and many promotions to earn coins.

This, IMO, is how a real valuable network is born, one where many different kinds of people from many different industries get involved. This kind of network gives many people a reason to buy and use your coin, outside of small sphere of speculators that is greatly personified by the people haunting the message board here Wink.

Disclaimer, I don't speak for the Neucoin team and am only an investor. But, you can read more of their official statements on the matter here:

Thanks for the wall of text. I'm well aware of the above mentioned official statements.

The fact remains: Price will be dictated by the NoKoin team for years.
And personally I don't believe in centrally planned economies.

rizzlarolla

Activity: 812
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 25, 2015, 09:47:12 PM

LOrreV - "The reason most of the coins being held by the foundations is to get the coin in the hands of many different types of people."

OK maybe, in theory. But its clearly open to abuse.
We have been told very little about the foundations structure. (A subject you could ask about nokoin forum about?)

We know at launch the nokoin "team" will be paid 200m nokoin for work done. Value at presale $2m or  8000btc (declared  as $1m)
We know the nokoin "team" have another 300m nokoin reserved for work done after launch. Value at presale $3m or 12000btc (declared as $2.25m)
We know that foundations will be under nokoin "team" control for years to come.
We know a large block of nokoin will be awarded to companies that help nokoin grow.
Starting with radioairplay owned by Dank aufman. Award value $? (undeclared)
and jango.com, founded by Dank aufman. Award value $? (undeclared)
Possibly many more "DanK" companies?
Possibly many more "team" companies?

Combine the obvious opportunity for fiscal abuse with an old boy network of scammers and thieves. I will be dumping my survey coins.

(Seriously, why not ask for some details on nokoin forum? Sandrine is hoping to launch in July. Also disproportionate staking rewards for larger holders, some figures please. Also some of Dartious Questions/concerns could be answered, unless it's just blind faith for you)
Bank_sy

Activity: 450
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 25, 2015, 09:48:18 PM

LOrreV - "The reason most of the coins being held by the foundations is to get the coin in the hands of many different types of people."

We have been told very little about the foundations structure. (A subject you could ask about nokoin forum about?)

We know at launch the nokoin "team" will be paid 200m nokoin for work done. Value at presale $2m or  8000btc (declared  as $1m)
We know the nokoin "team" have another 300m nokoin reserved for work done after launch. Value at presale $3m or 12000btc (declared as $2.25m)
We know a large block of nokoin will be awarded to companies that help nokoin grow.

Combine the obvious opportunity for fiscal abuse with an old boy network of scammers and thieves. I will be dumping my survey coins.

(Seriously, why not ask for some details on nokoin forum? Sandrine is hoping to launch in July. Also disproportionate staking rewards for larger holders, some figures please. Also some of Dartious Questions/concerns could be answered, unless it's just blind faith for you)

is the coins being held staked? then they might end up controlling even more..
Gekko463

Activity: 545

View Profile
June 26, 2015, 05:50:01 AM

Ever noticed why there doesn't seem to be many PoS high inflation coins on CMC?  Because they all get dumped because the holders don't tolerate being stolen from.  If a coin is stagnant then you lose half your holding after 1 year and in crypto we've seen coins go stagnant for years.

This, IMO, is how a real valuable network is born, one where many different kinds of people from many different industries get involved. This kind of network gives many people a reason to buy and use your coin, outside of small sphere of speculators that is greatly personified by the people haunting this message board Wink.

Hi LOrrav,

You seem to put a lot of faith in the "Founders".  Here is what the Founders and Angel investors think of you:

"In 2002, Abram, a father of two and husband of a fashion-industry executive, started Direct Revenue. His co-founders were fellow Dash alumnus Daniel Kaufman and a pair of data-mining entrepreneurs from a company called Pipe9, Alan Murray and Rodney Hook. The next year, Direct Revenue did business with and then acquired Stein's online ad agency, forming a spyware powerhouse. Stein declined to comment. The four founders didn't respond to numerous inquiries.

By early 2004, Direct Revenue, with Abram as CEO, had settled into its SoHo loft, employing two dozen programmers and salespeople. Current and former staff members say the place had an informal, often cynical atmosphere. The unsophisticated computer users subjected to Direct Revenue's ads had a nickname among some staffers: "trailer cash."

Source:  http://www.nbcnews.com/id/13757388/ns/technology_and_science-tech_and_gadgets/t/spyware-developers-net-huge-profits-outrage/

That's Josh Abram, #1 Neucoin Angel investor.
Dan Kauffman, your DanK CEO
Alan Murray is Neucoin Angel too!
Rodney Hook is not in on this deal, maybe he went straight?

So, you trust these guys, and NBC News says quite clearly that they think of you as "trailer cash".

Think about that for a minute.  Read that article.  These are some of the most despised people on the Internet, and you trust them and think we are being mean.

They will maximize their revenue, as jonald_fyookball suggests.  Get out in one of the pumps.  Look at how all of their forums together don't add up to 500 people.  Look at how all these businesses they are associated with, like Jango, are insider held second rate rip-off's of leading brands (Jango is store brand Spotify).

The whole thing reeks of contempt for YOU, the investor.

Buy a coin that's worth something, doesn't reproduce like horny bunnies and holds it's value due to scarcity and utility:  Unobtanium (UNO) is the complete opposite of Neucoin and is worth $2.50 each and has hit $5 twice recently.

Cheers,

Gekko

LOrrav

View Profile
June 26, 2015, 08:13:44 AM

This is the reality of being an early investor in any normal company (not a crypto coin), the founders could just decide to run away with the cash. But you have to trade one risk for another. You can trust the team to do what they say they will, or alternatively, if you invest in another coin, trust that it can grow virally in a way that beats out all other alt-coins on the market all by itself.

You can try to paint the team having all these business connections as a bad thing, but to me, having radioairplay, and jango.com as clients right off the bat, contributes to the chances of success, rather than subtracts from it.

I think you're seeing all these risks as larger than they are, because they are not normally associated with a cryptocoin, but these risks *are* associated with any startup company. I also think you're not seeing how large the usual risks are with a newly minted cryptocoin, and how the Neucoin team is attempting to mitigate them with a highly diversified and experienced team of individuals backing it. Simply, a cryptocoin can't succeed on it's technical merits alone. In other words, an idea ahead of its time is just that. Unless you can convince the masses, if you build it, they *won't* come.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 ... 148 »
  Print  

Jump to: