Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 11:38:51 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 [103] 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] NeuCoin - Easy to use, free to try, focused on micropayments - Official  (Read 196155 times)
pineapples
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1000

to your stations, man the pineapples!!!

View Profile
October 10, 2015, 07:03:21 AM

Code:
            if (block.GetBlockTime() + STAKE_SPLIT_AGE > txNew.nTime)
                txNew.vout.push_back(CTxOut(0, scriptPubKeyOut)); //split stake

this actually looks it will only split the input if it's over the time limit. not under.
else it will combine inputs to the combine threshold

curious. i always thought it was under

this is another version
Code:
                if (GetWeight(block.GetBlockTime(), (int64_t)txNew.nTime) < nStakeSplitAge)

perhaps i just dont c++ enough

YEEE F*#KIN HA BIG RED TEXT !!!           

(\__/)    
(='.'=)   
(")_(")   

BUMBA
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
October 10, 2015, 12:37:43 PM

new low was hit on cryptsy .000029.

down we go!

who is going down with the ship?

Next target .00002 for a nice 50% loss.

tempus
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1128

View Profile
October 10, 2015, 01:00:04 PM

down we go!

This is interesting:

I'm starting to suspect the price is going to go pretty low. I think when the survey coins are distributed it will go below 3k at least.

http://forum.neucoin.org/t/future-price-preditions-and-dates/1883/6

Didn't think about that yet, but kind funny is: If they give out all the free coins they'll have to buy it on the market. ;-)

marthagriffin

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 10, 2015, 01:13:22 PM

coins from presale distributed to all early adopters?
rizzlarolla

Activity: 812
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 10, 2015, 01:55:54 PM

down we go!

This is interesting:

I'm starting to suspect the price is going to go pretty low. I think when the survey coins are distributed it will go below 3k at least.

Didn't think about that yet, but kind funny is: If they give out all the free coins they'll have to buy it on the market. ;-)

"Easy to get and free to try" - BS

Now they seem too afraid to release any free coin.
What of the freemium strategy now.
"Direct to consumers: 300 million - 750 million NeuCoins" in the first year.
Up to 15m per week, free, just to consumers.

getnokoin.com, not giving.
referral scheme, not activated.
survey nokoin, withheld.

What a joke, what comedy.
Release the free nokoin!

tempus
Legendary

View Profile
October 10, 2015, 02:24:58 PM

down we go!

This is interesting:

"Easy to get and free to try" - BS

Now they seem too afraid to release any free coin.
What of the freemium strategy now.
"Direct to consumers: 300 million - 750 million NeuCoins" in the first year.
Up to 15m per week, free, just to consumers.

getnokoin.com, not giving.
referral scheme, not activated.
survey nokoin, withheld.

What a joke, what comedy.
Release the free nokoin!

Yes... it's comedy-karma. ;-) Greed can lead into a nice trap. If they do what promised it will hurt the price more and they'll have to buy back with BTC the NEU's they give for free. If they hold it all back, there will be no distribution and they broke some promises.

It's a lose-lose-situation. I believe that they know that. There are not that much signs for confidence from the team behind. I'm eager to see which door they'll take. Most likely a slow "letting it die".
rizzlarolla

View Profile
October 10, 2015, 03:43:27 PM

Superman, (not invested, but a nokoin advisor)
http://forum.neucoin.org/users/superman/activity
"By the way, Neucoin are consisted of an excellent team of professionals. However, they are lack of people. I hope as soon as Neucoin organization establishes, we should vote for more hiring people as well as paying them well."

Don't worry Superman, it's all taken care of.
Paying themselves well is all that our excellent team has achieved.

They already own 830m nokoin. But thats not enough.

Now nokoiners must pay to run the inactive foundations.
"Each foundation is managed by an Executive Director"
"and overseen by Council Members"
"Furthermore, each foundation has an Enforcer"

So, 3 Directors, at least 6 maybe 9 councillors maybe more, and 3 enforcers.
About 15 pay packets undisclosed by nokoin.

That will be hundreds of millions more nokoin for the team, on top of the 830m they already own.
How many do they need?

Greed.

And just to rub salt in, Super Sandrine says,
"All NeuCoin tokens owned by the foundations, as well as all restricted NeuCoins (whether owned by founders, angel investors or service providers) will be held and mined in published addresses clearly visible and verifiable on the NeuCoin blockchain."
But it hasn't happened.

Lies.

Greed and Lies.
TibanneCat

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

BTC > etc

View Profile
October 10, 2015, 06:11:54 PM

Though it hasn't turned out as I'd expected, neucoin still has potential. As long as that is the case I will be a mod and speak in its defense. Though I am a bit concerned.

25% presale value loss and going down by the day, you should be concerned

m3ndi3 was smart enough to get out in time, blind believers will just keep seeing their money evaporate

jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
October 10, 2015, 08:41:28 PM

Though it hasn't turned out as I'd expected, neucoin still has potential. As long as that is the case I will be a mod and speak in its defense. Though I am a bit concerned.

25% presale value loss and going down by the day, you should be concerned

m3ndi3 was smart enough to get out in time, blind believers will just keep seeing their money evaporate

25% loss... nokoiners will be lucky if that's all it falls.  I've the feeling that this is just the tip of the iceberg.

redfish64

Activity: 32

View Profile
October 10, 2015, 10:48:13 PM

Code:

this actually looks it will only split the input if it's over the time limit. not under.

The reason it splits if it's under the time limit is that:
* block.GetBlockTime() is actually the time the UTXO was staked.
* txNew.nTime is close to the current time

So as long as the current time is less than the time the UTXO was staked plus STAKE_SPLIT_AGE, then it's split.

this is another version
Code:

I think it's just rather confusing code. I thought the same thing you did at first.
redfish64

Activity: 32

View Profile
October 10, 2015, 11:04:26 PM

Here's another issue:

http://forum.neucoin.org/t/interesting-tidbits-learned-from-reading-neucoins-source-code/1640/5?u=timengler

If you want to see this in action, look here:

http://www.neucoin.io/transaction/d5c8a3496eb8340130e6c1fcd3c04f57634b9f69a398db0d226f460fcd9f7aea

and keep clicking on "Previous output". You'll notice the staking amounts have been splitting in half after every stake.

Which means the amount of interest Neucoin is getting is slowing down. Every time this happens, their UTXO's get smaller and take longer to stake. Eventually they'll lose most of their compounding effect, and will have around 45 days of unclaimed interest in their mega account that will disappear as soon as they try to make a transfer from it. I tried to explain this to them in that thread, but it seems they can't quite grasp the concept.

Another sign that their technical team today isn't really up to the task.

that's standard POS
if you have 2 inputs that are weighty enough you will have twice as much likelihood of staking.
- which means if one stakes, then you still have an input that is ready to stake and should do so,

in a healthy staking network
when your large input is divided into 8 inputs, those 8 inputs should give you roughly the same return over the same time frame as 1 input.
obviously there will be differnt timing involved as all inputs will take random time to actually stake

edit.
after some consideration i'm thinking i'm not talking about the same thing.

because there wallet will end up staking once /45 days all the inputs will end up much smaller hence they will receive less compound interest due to their entire balance staking less often than possible.

i think i agree with you Smiley i dont know of their motivations though, so perhaps either they are fine with not raping the staking or they are running different code

the code in question is wallet specific and the blockchain couldnt care less about these values, so they may well be aware of the issues and running a different code.
it would be easy to set the split time for anything you want.

i think you make it fairly clear what you mean in the last post on that thread.

If they are aware of it, they certainly aren't playing it that way. Arcansis still wasn't convinced after I explained it to him on the neucoin forum.

Here is another issue:

Neucoin decided to put cold minting in, but did you ever wonder where they got the original code? (Of course they didn't write it themselves)

Here:

https://github.com/sigmike/peercoin/commit/8df4a0360f3917e042cc0185dc39ed894c9f4148

Which is in an offshoot commit created over a year ago and has never been merged into Peercoin.

There is nothing about it in the whitepaper or anywhere to show they even considered the security implications of doing this.

For instance, if people start cold minting regularly, and begin to share each other's cold minting private keys to help each other mint, and an attacker can find these cold minting keys online and gather over 51% of network's hash power with them, he can then execute a double spend, or anything else.

Some more sloppy work from them.
pineapples
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1000

to your stations, man the pineapples!!!

View Profile
October 11, 2015, 12:49:27 AM

Code:

The reason it splits if it's under the time limit is that:
* block.GetBlockTime() is actually the time the UTXO was staked.
* txNew.nTime is close to the current time

So as long as the current time is less than the time the UTXO was staked plus STAKE_SPLIT_AGE, then it's split.

this is another version
Code:

I think it's just rather confusing code. I thought the same thing you did at first.

heh. i appreciate it now. i amuse myself by getting such things arse about

here's a bit of conversation about splitting on the ppc forum
https://www.peercointalk.org/index.php?topic=4144.msg39593#msg39593

interesting about the coldminting. i've been waiting for it from PPC.
i'm now curious what sigmike has to say about it

YEEE F*#KIN HA BIG RED TEXT !!!           

(\__/)    
(='.'=)   
(")_(")   

BUMBA
rizzlarolla

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 03:30:23 PM

Another nokoiner finally looses patience with the super nokoin team.

bkkshadow,
I've seen a 25% loss in the first 2 weeks, an absolute joke of a qt wallet, honestly its the worst wallet i have seen in 4 years of crypto......a block explorer that had to be made by a community member. The entire Pr seems to be run by one person who only comes along to put out fires and has very little clue about crypto at all. Everything get referred to a single dev by the looks of it. Plus the nameless shills who have nothing but awesome things to say, much in the same vain as paycoin. The whole thing reaks, happy I only lost a few hundred bucks....

http://forum.neucoin.org/t/cutting-my-loses-im-out/1939

Well said exnokoiner.
ratsorizzo

Activity: 21

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 04:06:17 PM

oh that was quick of you to pick up, rizzlarolla, only minutes after it was posted it seems, so quick that perhaps YOU were the one who posted it over there? making an extra buck?

and of course you conveniently forgot to mention that someone else also posted the below on the very same thread:

bitchin-camaro
it's too soon to say that I think. they haven't even launched any of the games and tipping and facebook stuff yet. That's what will determine this. I never saw this as a short term trader thing - it seems to me much more of a long term play aimed at mass adoption. which is all about whether they can get lots and lots of mainstream users through games, facebook, tipping applications, etc, all that stuff in the strategic plan. That's what may make neucoin valuable. and all that was to come in the months after launch.

what we've seen in the first weeks are just the first steps - coin, online wallet, exchanges, then they need to deliver the survey coins, then start the referral program and marketing, then games and tipping, etc... it will take time, but again, this is a long term play that will be determined by the success or failure of the facebook games - not by coin speculation before those things are even launched.
scam confirmed

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2015, 04:16:53 PM

ratsorizzo

Activity: 21

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 05:10:08 PM

that is very mature. just trying to turn your high school FUD into a self fulfilling prophecy.

we already know you're just a paid fake sock puppet account set up with the single purpose to trash neucoin - and that you posted in 174 posts so far since april 25 - that's more than one post a day on average! - and that all 174 of them have been fuddy trash posts about neucoin and that you have only posted on this thread and nowhere else.

but would you at least tell us...

- how old are you? (something tells me you may literally be in high school)

- are you and the rizzlarolla account handled by the same guy? you two always seem to show up at the same time...

it's one thing if you honestly wanted to criticize neucoin or whatever but yelling "DUMP DUMP DUMP", come on...
LiQio
Legendary

Activity: 1181
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 05:30:03 PM

that is very mature. just trying to turn your high school FUD into a self fulfilling prophecy.

we already know you're just a paid fake sock puppet account set up with the single purpose to trash neucoin - and that you posted in 174 posts so far since april 25 - that's more than one post a day on average! - and that all 174 of them have been fuddy trash posts about neucoin and that you have only posted on this thread and nowhere else.

but would you at least tell us...

- how old are you? (something tells me you may literally be in high school)

- are you and the rizzlarolla account handled by the same guy? you two always seem to show up at the same time...

it's one thing if you honestly wanted to criticize neucoin or whatever but yelling "DUMP DUMP DUMP", come on...

Did you post on other threads?

Neucon is broken beyond repair, that's a fact.
tempus
Legendary

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 05:40:22 PM

Another nokoiner finally looses patience with the super nokoin team.

bkkshadow,
I've seen a 25% loss in the first 2 weeks, an absolute joke of a qt wallet, honestly its the worst wallet i have seen in 4 years of crypto......a block explorer that had to be made by a community member. The entire Pr seems to be run by one person who only comes along to put out fires and has very little clue about crypto at all. Everything get referred to a single dev by the looks of it. Plus the nameless shills who have nothing but awesome things to say, much in the same vain as paycoin. The whole thing reaks, happy I only lost a few hundred bucks....

http://forum.neucoin.org/t/cutting-my-loses-im-out/1939

Well said exnokoiner.

This is an interesting reply:

I keep seeing people complaining about the qt wallet, which I really don't get as its clear that they deliberately put out a very basic desktop wallet because they really don't want people to use it, They've said enough times that the online wallet is the main one and that's what they expect people to use. If you choose to use the other wallet then that's fine, but why complain about it not having all fancy features when they've clearly said that all the features, design work etc will go to the online wallet?

I agree about the delayed block explorer and lack of communication though.

http://forum.neucoin.org/t/cutting-my-loses-im-out/1939/4

He doesn't even think about questioning why they want that people don't manage their own money, but bind it in a so called growth account that will give them nothing if they would have to withdraw one day too early. It's really interesting that some people don't see the intention behind - quite apart from some other red flags.
rizzlarolla

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 06:13:38 PM

oh that was quick of you to pick up, rizzlarolla, only minutes after it was posted it seems, so quick that perhaps YOU were the one who posted it over there? making an extra buck?

and of course you conveniently forgot to mention that someone else also posted the below on the very same thread:

bitchin-camaro
it's too soon to say that I think. they haven't even launched any of the games and tipping and facebook stuff yet. That's what will determine this. I never saw this as a short term trader thing - it seems to me much more of a long term play aimed at mass adoption. which is all about whether they can get lots and lots of mainstream users through games, facebook, tipping applications, etc, all that stuff in the strategic plan. That's what may make neucoin valuable. and all that was to come in the months after launch.

what we've seen in the first weeks are just the first steps - coin, online wallet, exchanges, then they need to deliver the survey coins, then start the referral program and marketing, then games and tipping, etc... it will take time, but again, this is a long term play that will be determined by the success or failure of the facebook games - not by coin speculation before those things are even launched.

Yeah, it was quick wasn't it. Thought I better get in before it was deleted.
So quick in fact bitchin hadn't even replied.

bitchin thinks it is too soon to judge.
After 2 years in development, I think most get the message.

Anyway, bitchin is a team member.
Bit like you.
A shill account set up to harass me (and others).
Because you have no other way to deflect knowledge.

Trouble is all that BS about what is coming isn't.
nokoin keep promising, nokoin keep failing.
All the missing stuff is already built into the price,... and some.

ratsorizzo, a shill account set up for deflection.
You wont fool many.

Oh , you forgot another post before nokoin Project bitchin's reply,

Gizreak
"I get the same impression and that's all because of the lack of transparancy.
I'll stick to my investment for a few weeks longer, but if this situation persists, I'll take my loss too.
After all to me deeds count and not words."

greg123

Activity: 33

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 06:26:37 PM

This is an interesting reply:

I keep seeing people complaining about the qt wallet, which I really don't get as its clear that they deliberately put out a very basic desktop wallet because they really don't want people to use it, They've said enough times that the online wallet is the main one and that's what they expect people to use. If you choose to use the other wallet then that's fine, but why complain about it not having all fancy features when they've clearly said that all the features, design work etc will go to the online wallet?

I agree about the delayed block explorer and lack of communication though.

http://forum.neucoin.org/t/cutting-my-loses-im-out/1939/4

He doesn't even think about questioning why they want that people don't manage their own money, but bind it in a so called growth account that will give them nothing if they would have to withdraw one day too early. It's really interesting that some people don't see the intention behind - quite apart from some other red flags.

It's proof-of-stake. Anyone mining has to lock up their coins until they mine a block and get the reward. That's just how proof-of-stake works.

If you pull out before you mine a block, you don't get any mining rewards. Same thing with these growth accounts, if you pull out early you only get your stake back but no mining rewards.

BUT - anyone who knows how to mine can and should use the QT miner and mine all they want.

The growth accounts are not for people who know how to mine. They are a turnkey alternative for the facebook masses who have never even heard of "cryptocurrency" and would never ever have mined otherwise.

It's just adding more people to the mix, new people who would never have participated otherwise - it's not expecting pro miners to use growth accounts.

There's no trick - just two different products for two different segments. And those of us who believe in neucoin think that making it user-friendly so that new people start to participate is crucial for mainstream adoption. And that mainstream adoption is crucial for a cryptocurrency to be viable.
Pages: « 1 ... 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 [103] 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 »
  Print  

Jump to: