Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 07:35:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 [118] 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 ... 170 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Tau-Chain and Agoras Official Thread: Generalized P2P Network  (Read 309551 times)
Pndoop

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 10:09:44 PM
Last edit: July 01, 2017, 10:35:58 PM by Pndoop

Holy sh**. It's a pump and dump. What dont you get? Cut your bags and move on with your life. Make money else where.  It's dumping even now under the "66 cent" price that was mentioned.  It was .30 cents and it went up x3 to .90+.  Game over.  

Cut your bags stop fudding. It's clear what this is.

edit: it just dumped even further. gg to all.
Daleaus

Activity: 103
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 10:40:47 PM

Holy sh**. It's a pump and dump. What dont you get? Cut your bags and move on with your life. Make money else where.  It's dumping even now under the "66 cent" price that was mentioned.  It was .30 cents and it went up x3 to .90+.  Game over.  

Everything is dumping actually, the entire market is red not just this coin... exit and buy back in cheaper.
earlycoin

Activity: 7

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 10:47:58 PM

Everything is dumping actually, the entire market is red not just this coin... exit and buy back in cheaper.

Exactly what I wanted to post. A major correction is in the market presently I can only suspect that it fed with to many ICOs and new coins...
AEA

Activity: 36

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 11:01:00 PM

It looks like everyone is it in for themselves here. Me me me, I want XXX. This isn't an insert coin and he does what you want.

This is a start up. You pay if you believe in the underlying technology and the ability for the dev to execute.

Let the guy build. You should have looked before buying, now you're trying to change what early investors agreed to. All opinions valid ofcourse - even the insults.

If many of you were true investors you'd thank Ohad for being so blunt and honest. The truth is, not many people can understand the majority of the tech in the crypo space but they buy. The past day or two of posts have been eye opening to say the least. There are people still screaming about how cool blockchains are and pushing that garbage in the media when it's just a useless ledger. When you see someone as honest as Ohad, don't moan that you don't like certain elements, be grateful that there's open information so you can make an informed decision. You should avoid things you're not happy with or don't understand or, spend time watching the videos, reading the questions and posts from the beginning of the forum.

Are you really telling me you'd rather have a nice: Website, Blog and everything looking pretty and be 1 year away from alpha more than no website/blog and be 6 months from alpha? Why would you want a website with the same information that you can read on this forum other than it looking nice, raising the price and you dumping your coins.

You also have to remember that this project isn't the job of any normal developer you can hire off Upwork (I just checked certain technical keywords on Upwork to verify and yep you guessed it, no results) Ohad is likely one of the most talented devs full stop, let alone in the crypto space. You don't just "hire" for this kind of project, not many devs understand the project. It's very talented and high level work. All of this "I bought too high" bullshit is meaningless. Are the 1 usd buyers of BTC/ETH/DASH complaining? Tell me if you think they're worried about that time they didn't buy at 50cents. If Ohad pulls this off, whatever price you bought at today will be nothing compared to the price you'll see when the product is released.

You bought, you can always sell. Know that Ohad will be going for the product. You need to up your trading game or go long term. There are refunds for those that want out and bittrex for those that want more. Fair is fair. I personally want more.

Ohad, after today i'd free up as much of your time as possible. Give definitive info on the sale of tokens and back to work on the product.  

With all due respect, those other projects gave us a white paper and weee also very communicative on their process overall. They all had more than 1 developer too. You really think Ohad is the only one that can do this Work you're fooling yourself. You think a good website wouldn't help his cause out? You're fooling yourself.

All this extra stuff he can do by hiring someone to take care of it. He raised millions of dollars this past month he has the capital. He hasn't released anything new or any product in three years. You can defend him blindly but after three years I'm super worried nothing will come out of this. He hasn't even given a proper timeline for the alpha tau platform which is something he has been working on for the past three years.

You're actin g like Ohd is some genius. If he was he would have taken care of all the other aspects of his business as well. He has the capital so I don't understand why he isn't taking care of this stuff. And yes you can hire more developers dto take care of the time consuming tasks which he hasn't been doing. He hasn't shown us anything man. He hasn't even updated code on GitHub in months. And now he keeps on changing what he's planning on doing with coins. I am losing confidence in him day by day. He won't even respond to my posts on this forum because he knows he's fucking up.

You guys can look at it optimistically, but I take everything through pessimism. I don't wanna rely on "hope". 8 I wanna rely on work and tangible progress. And once again, saying he's the only person on the world that can do this is very far fetched. There's millions of people who can help him out on this project but why isn't he hiring anyone? Because he's failing on his project.

And if he was so blunt and honest, he would show us the progress he has already made. He would show us where the money he raised is being allocated, etc. saying that "I hope it's done in 2017" is not being blunt or honest, it's leading people on. I've read through his old posts and he goes back and forth a lot. He did this whole presale thing in April of 2016, read some of the earlier posts. He's pulling the same shit again. Until we get more transparency from him, we are all getting conned, imo. You know what would ease my mind as well as many other people? A simple updated white paper on the goals of this project and a timeline in which all these goals will be accomplished. Is that really too much to ask? Like seriously, I'm getting pissed he can't even provide us with something as simple as a white paper. It's making me lose complete confidence in him.

Also the price went up like 30 cents in years... only due to speculation of a 10x price increase, how is this instilling confidence in the project or Ohad?

If you think you're getting conned, why not just sell?
freedomfighter

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 11:04:12 PM

june's prices can be seen in terms relative to the market price. one might claim that this is an even more accurate way to look at the price. the number 19 or 66 are not typological numbers. people decide to buy or not according (but not only) to market price.

I think actually the market price is tracking what is going on here.  E.g. its 66cents right now.  It seems to have climbed on some belief that coin supply was exhausted (which was almost true) and that price would be increased to 10x for remaining.  When it became clear that wasn't true, the price fell.

I still don't understand why it's fair to publish a price in writing, collect funds, and then retroactively announce that the price will now be higher for those collected funds because the market price increased.  

Fully agree. It seems I am not the only one as you said a few posts ago. breaking your word is breaking your asset. I know enough and am sure it's inadvertent, but i think that you are caught in the moment. The bitrex price (already 63 cents and will likely continue down) should have nothing to do with your new decision.

now already 52 cents. It must correlate to what goes on here as mentioned. decision and rate should not be related to bittrex
VTec5174

Activity: 5

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 11:06:38 PM

I bought my coins before July 1 but I made the mistake of buying the coins on Bittrex.

However, I did send some bitcoins to Ohad and email him last night when I realized I should have buy direct. Since most of my money was stuck in the Exchange because the price was dropping and I didn't want to take a lost, I didn't send a lot of bitcoins to Ohad.

Will I have the same benefits as the investors that purchased the coins directly from Ohad before July 1?

Now that price is dropping more, should I sell?
AEA

Activity: 36

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 11:09:55 PM

Jesus. This guy who gave you this "tip" to invest in this project because it was going to 10usd really did a number on you all.

I'd direct your attention to him - not in anger, but to understand why HE would buy this asset besides the speculation there must be something he saw in it. But before that, ask yourself why you're taking investment advice from someone who doesn't know your appetite for risk or understanding of the asset.
VTec5174

Activity: 5

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 11:15:45 PM

I intend to hold this coin for a long time but I'm asking if it's a good idea to sell and buy later.
alphaomega23

Activity: 10

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 11:17:32 PM

This sort of dilemma won't occur in the future, because a sale like this in the future will take place on Agoras itself, with the rules encoded unambiguosly in a smart contract. We like the idea of smart contracts because it takes human judgement -- which can be swayed by the news and crazy movements on Bittrex -- out of the picture, and is just...fair.

Ohad, it is clear you want to be fair, and look at the big picture and what's best for the project. But I think being moved by what you see happening in the market and second-guessing your original offer is ultimately unfair, mostly to members of this community.

There is concern about fairness to people who bought on Bittrex for a higher price. But if these people lose out, it is *unfortunate*, but not *unfair*. An properly-run exchange is inherently fair. You offer to sell at a price, I offer to buy, we exchange funds as agreed. As long as the rules of the exchange are honored, fair is fair.

What is unfair is if rules are set, and then not respected, at the gain of one and loss of the other.

Keep in mind also that prices on the market could fall tomorrow to $.20. If that happens, not honoring the contract would be incredibly unfair to those who purchase from you at $.66c.

No matter what you decide, and no matter what the market does, there will be winners and losers. But if the original price is not respected for those of us who tentatively purchased in June, the losers will be people like me that have actually been following this project, and scrambled to get some Bitcoin together so they could buy in bulk directly from you in June before the deadline July 1, only to see the rules changed. So it will be unfair *and* mostly hurt people on this forum.

Who would the winners be? You could argue that existing token holders (which I am) will benefit because by raising the price for this tentative sale, we reduce the # of tokens sold (since there is a fixed # of bitcoin sent to the tentative sale address), and therefore reduce supply and put upward pressure on the market price.

But I think this is doubly wrong, if you really think about it. It's an attempt to manipulate the market and raise the price by not honoring the purchase terms originally offered. Plus it probably won't work. It will result in ultimately a very small # of tokens compared to the total supply, so the affect on the market will probably be minimal.

I think the most fair thing for you to do is totally ignore the market, and try to emulate a smart contract.
ohad (OP)

Activity: 897
Merit: 1000

http://idni.org

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2017, 11:36:28 PM

ok let's keep thinking and maybe revise the decision in 24 hours

Tau-Chain & Agoras
Pndoop

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 11:59:13 PM

ok let's keep thinking and maybe revise the decision in 24 hours

in otherwords..... HODL   

classic.
sunnie4crypto

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 12:12:52 AM
Last edit: July 02, 2017, 12:40:29 AM by sunnie4crypto

Since the first condition was met (that the sale would stop when 1/2 the coins were sold), then that's what the contract says..that the sale should stop.  For people to read between the lines and pick and choose how they want things to be is not for the greater good of the project imo.  In due time more will be revealed, and if Tau Chain works in the end, the foundation will need a great deal of support to foster development.  This should be considered as well.  As someone said earlier..."we don't want to run out of money before we run out of ideas".  
Winslow Strong

Activity: 53

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 12:26:52 AM

Price just a moment ago was below 50 cents on bittrex. There's no fair way to price this other than by the original terms for June.

If there's a concern about selling too many coins, just refund us tentative buyers whatever % of our BTC that takes us to the limit of the number of coins you would like to sell. That would satisfy those who are concerned about selling off too many coins.

Does that seem fair?
sunnie4crypto

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 12:46:09 AM

following the CIVIC ICO model.  I was grateful to receive $100 in the end Grin
OneWan

Activity: 4

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 01:34:03 AM

You are worried about the price, we are many here that we confine in this project for a long time, according to I think, removing the 10% of sale of the last days, the majority.

There will be few sales, perhaps less than demand. When Ohad shows something of the project, the price will go up and up.

Those who are here just for the FOMO, sell, go from here this currency maybe will not rise in a long period.

It would be better for everyone and you would leave Ohad to focus on the new TAU. And perhaps publish new material  Grin.
martellalex

Activity: 14

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 01:46:48 AM

This sort of dilemma won't occur in the future, because a sale like this in the future will take place on Agoras itself, with the rules encoded unambiguosly in a smart contract. We like the idea of smart contracts because it takes human judgement -- which can be swayed by the news and crazy movements on Bittrex -- out of the picture, and is just...fair.

Ohad, it is clear you want to be fair, and look at the big picture and what's best for the project. But I think being moved by what you see happening in the market and second-guessing your original offer is ultimately unfair, mostly to members of this community.

There is concern about fairness to people who bought on Bittrex for a higher price. But if these people lose out, it is *unfortunate*, but not *unfair*. An properly-run exchange is inherently fair. You offer to sell at a price, I offer to buy, we exchange funds as agreed. As long as the rules of the exchange are honored, fair is fair.

What is unfair is if rules are set, and then not respected, at the gain of one and loss of the other.

Keep in mind also that prices on the market could fall tomorrow to $.20. If that happens, not honoring the contract would be incredibly unfair to those who purchase from you at $.66c.

No matter what you decide, and no matter what the market does, there will be winners and losers. But if the original price is not respected for those of us who tentatively purchased in June, the losers will be people like me that have actually been following this project, and scrambled to get some Bitcoin together so they could buy in bulk directly from you in June before the deadline July 1, only to see the rules changed. So it will be unfair *and* mostly hurt people on this forum.

Who would the winners be? You could argue that existing token holders (which I am) will benefit because by raising the price for this tentative sale, we reduce the # of tokens sold (since there is a fixed # of bitcoin sent to the tentative sale address), and therefore reduce supply and put upward pressure on the market price.

But I think this is doubly wrong, if you really think about it. It's an attempt to manipulate the market and raise the price by not honoring the purchase terms originally offered. Plus it probably won't work. It will result in ultimately a very small # of tokens compared to the total supply, so the affect on the market will probably be minimal.

I think the most fair thing for you to do is totally ignore the market, and try to emulate a smart contract.

I completely agree with this and look forward to seeing where this lands.  I'm also looking forward to settling this so that Ohad can get back to developing Tau Cheesy
IggySe7ven

Activity: 464
Merit: 29

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 02:26:50 AM

So did Ahad burn the unsold coin, where is the proof, in 2016 he posted similar about sale and how he is donna burn all the coins, the sale came and went and he never burned anything, and now he is going for round 2.

IggySe7ven

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 02:32:29 AM

WHERE IS PROOF OF OHAD BURNING THE UNSOLD COINS, HE MADE SAME SCHEME IN 2016 BUT NEVER BURNED COINS.
medstudent

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

eGold Mining is the FUTURE of the Mining Industry!

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2017, 02:44:01 AM

WHERE IS PROOF OF OHAD BURNING THE UNSOLD COINS, HE MADE SAME SCHEME IN 2016 BUT NEVER BURNED COINS.

Pardon my ignorance but how is that a scheme? If he burns the unsold coins (which I think all of the 60% he was selling got sold), he will kinda be profiting because the rest of his coins would be worth way more than the high we had the other day.

I might not like how he goes about this project, but if you read through the entire thread, the community is the one guiding Ohad so I don't think he's scamming anyone. Like I was complaining about no white paper but if you go back a few months the commmhnity collectively decided to only release the product when it is ready. The reason being, tezos stole one of Ohads codes and used it as their own. He doesn't want people to steal his ideas, and that's fine with me.

I still plead him to hire more developers to aid him in his goal. Have them sign a legal agreement that they cannot work on any similar project for the next 3-5 years. This will insure Ohad is the father of his idea and even if someone copies it, he can claim a lot of their equity by suing them.

Also please hire someone to redo the website lol. Preferably someone from this community who would be invested in the project so they would do their best job. You don't even have to work on it. All you have to do is give it your approval. I'm sure some community members would even take payment in the form of crypto lol.

You know, I've had a negative attitude so far but I'm willing to see where this project goes.

Wish you all the best and please heed some of my advice!

IggySe7ven

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 02:44:07 AM

I smell bad taste, ohad seems to just want to sell coins, and run with the money, agoras not have roadmap, there is no crowfund

moment is history
Pages: « 1 ... 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 [118] 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 ... 170 »
  Print  

Jump to: