Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 06:49:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 [93] 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is bitcoin dead?  (Read 110806 times)
Farhan786

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 04:26:24 PM

The network effect is too strong for Bitcoin to die at this point. It's like saying Gold will die because of an huge crash. Bitcoin has no severe design flaws for it to be able to reinvent itself, even if doing so requires hard forks.Its continued existence is threatened by a number of factors. Bitcoin is alive and will rise of course.
Dondon1234

Activity: 194
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 04:30:07 PM

I think it is.

Bitcoin use adoption has stalled. Media interest has dissipated. Prices have only slowly continued to decline for a long time now. Bitcoin securities have always been and still are a complete mess, with a near 100% failure (scam/fraud/incompetence/etc) rate. Mining has been concentrated in the hands of a few giant players, eliminating much of the advantage/security/democracy of thousands of individuals being the money processors. Alternative forms of online payment with US dollars (and other fiat currencies) are now cheaper, faster, and more secure than bitcoin (and of course far more usable to buy/sell real goods/services), eliminating any of its advantages as a payment system. Continued decline of bitcoin and strength in fiat currencies has put the lie to the idea of bitcoin as a store of value; there are far better more reliable hedges against inflation. Meanwhile the real economy is firing on all cylinders, stock markets are at all time highs, corporate earnings are higher than ever, unemployment is low, etc. Even amid the boom, no one cares about bitcoin any more. Bitcoin was a fad that lasted a few years, and is now on its way to being forgotten.

Thoughts? Anyone seriously disagree with this conclusion?
No! I don't think it is.. for me Bitcoin is alive. There is no doubt about it. But its continued existence is threatened by a number of factors. Increased governmental interference .And It will never be die, because many people are depend on this forum and they invest in this forum for their future, and bitcoin can possible every person's life very easy specially those people who have very low income or no job they can join this forum and their life will very comfortable, that's why bitcoin is very important in this world ..
screwUdriver

Activity: 346
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 09:39:14 AM

I think it is.

Bitcoin use adoption has stalled. Media interest has dissipated. Prices have only slowly continued to decline for a long time now. Bitcoin securities have always been and still are a complete mess, with a near 100% failure (scam/fraud/incompetence/etc) rate. Mining has been concentrated in the hands of a few giant players, eliminating much of the advantage/security/democracy of thousands of individuals being the money processors. Alternative forms of online payment with US dollars (and other fiat currencies) are now cheaper, faster, and more secure than bitcoin (and of course far more usable to buy/sell real goods/services), eliminating any of its advantages as a payment system. Continued decline of bitcoin and strength in fiat currencies has put the lie to the idea of bitcoin as a store of value; there are far better more reliable hedges against inflation. Meanwhile the real economy is firing on all cylinders, stock markets are at all time highs, corporate earnings are higher than ever, unemployment is low, etc. Even amid the boom, no one cares about bitcoin any more. Bitcoin was a fad that lasted a few years, and is now on its way to being forgotten.

No! I don't think it is.. for me Bitcoin is alive. There is no doubt about it. But its continued existence is threatened by a number of factors. Increased governmental interference .And It will never be die, because many people are depend on this forum and they invest in this forum for their future, and bitcoin can possible every person's life very easy specially those people who have very low income or no job they can join this forum and their life will very comfortable, that's why bitcoin is very important in this world ..
Preventing Bitcoin will be very difficult, but even if this happens, it is unlikely to put an end to Bitcoins. This is the same as a ban on exchanging copyrighted files on P2P file sharing networks. One of the reasons for a ban on Bitcoin might be that it would intervene in the work of financial institutions and duplicate their functions.
Bradoets

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 02:45:30 PM

bitcoin is blockchain technology and blockchain is strong so bitcoin have strong base make it live and survive .

bitcoin is moving slowly  last 10 days only.
selectaselectine

Activity: 235
Merit: 16

I-CHAIN - The Revolution of Digital Advertising

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 03:59:52 PM

Of course not. You won't be here if it is plus, it's been developing since day one. But ofcourse there will be a time wherein bitcoin will meet its end, and that day is not today and/or tomorrow. It will take time.

christina30

Activity: 364

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 04:00:14 PM

I think it is.

Bitcoin will never be dead.infact bitcoin have great potential this year 2018.the user also is increasing so how can it be dead??
 But if bitcoin will no investor and user thats will be bitcoon gonna dead...but i wont worry on that Cheesy
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 3010
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 04:09:53 PM

bitcoin is blockchain technology and blockchain is strong so bitcoin have strong base make it live and survive .

bitcoin is moving slowly  last 10 days only.
You mean the transaction before it gets confirmed, you may experience 10 days delay. This may occur if you'll not pay the right miners fee but if you'll pay it right you may only experience a delay for a couple of hour and the fastest it would be minutes. Before when I'm transacting it is only taking a couple of minutes before it gets confirmed but now it takes a lot of time and my other one is already a week and it's still unconfirmed.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
Birin016

Activity: 378

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 04:10:10 PM

Bitcoin will never die if there are still investors who invested his money in bitcoin. Also as long as many of the countries that supports bitcoin ,then prices will go up, I think bitcoin is the right investment assets because the price already go up so expensive .
uniquefighter

Activity: 56

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 04:12:09 PM

Of course not. You won't be here if it is plus, it's been developing since day one. But ofcourse there will be a time wherein bitcoin will meet its end, and that day is not today and/or tomorrow. It will take time.
I disagree massively with this part.  Stock markets are high, agreed.  This is due to stock buybacks and huge bubble P/E ratios, not fundamentals though.  Unemployment as paid by the state is low, I agree.  But the participation level is very very low, almost the same as in the trough of the recession in 2008.  People may not care about Bitcoin, but do you seriously not think that there will be an "internet money" in the future, so that you can pay for anything, anywhere without having to convert?  I think there will be, and I am essentiall betting that it will be Bitcoin.
nikola22

Activity: 1316
Merit: 105

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 04:29:17 PM

bitcoin is not dead but it needs some improvements to continue rising.

BetFury                                                    
🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Instagram  🕹
                                                    Free BTC Satoshi every day                                                   
Mr.X(999)

Activity: 47

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 05:13:46 PM

Of course not, even there's country put bitcoin as an illegal transaction, it's not making bitcoin effect anything. Virtual world can fake our IP and just use the bitcoin transaction normally.
maaydin

Activity: 378

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 05:19:43 PM

I can see that the date of this topic is an old topic, and as we all can see the btc has become even stronger, I wish you were able to keep your btc`s as you have seen the opportunity before so many others.
MainIbem

Activity: 1386
Merit: 400

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 06:35:38 PM

I think it is.

Looking back from the time of this post in 2015, it obvious one could have lost interest in Bitcoin and divested. Big mistake. The P2P payment system made possible through blockchain with Bitcoin leading the way has come to stay. It is waxing stronger by the day.
Granxis

Activity: 1400
Merit: 536

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 08:55:38 PM

I have the impression that bitcoin as an ideal is dead, but not because the underlying idea is bad, but that the very nature of capitalism tends to gradually destroy everything that seems to have value and and can be used for speculation in an open market. But it was a good experiment that brings us closer to the idea that it is possible to provoke changes in society through technology, but we still need a lot to control human ambition.
Bitcoin's most damaging speculative actions, because of these actions Bitcoin is below today's value. The people in charge of this situation are very profitable. They used Bitcoin, and then they pulled their attention elsewhere and switched to another coin. As long as there are speculative people, Bitcoin will not see the worth it deserves.

.Duelbits.
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
TRY OUR
  NEW  UNIQUE
GAMES!
..DICE...
███████████████████████████████
███▀▀                     ▀▀███
███    ▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄    ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███   ▀████▀       ▀████▀   ███
███                         ███
███   ▄████▄       ▄████▄   ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███    ▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀    ███
███▄▄                     ▄▄███
.MINES.
████████████████████████▄▀▄████
██████████████▀▄▄▄▀█████▄▀▄████
████████████▀ █████▄▀████ █████
██████████      █████▄▀▀▄██████
███████▀          ▀████████████
█████▀              ▀██████████
█████                ██████████
████▌                ▐█████████
█████                ██████████
██████▄            ▄███████████
████████▄▄      ▄▄█████████████
.PLINKO.
█████████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀█████████
██████▀  ▄▄███ ███      ▀██████
█████  ▄▀▀                █████
████  ▀                    ████
████                       ████
█████                     █████
██████▄                 ▄██████
█████████▄▄▄       ▄▄▄█████████
10,000x
MULTIPLIER
NEARLY UP TO
.50%. REWARDS
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
Shikaina

Activity: 364
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 10:25:35 PM

Naaaaaa! Pretty much alive and kicking though, there are days it is weak but bouncing again from time to time.
Sexie

Activity: 420

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 10:46:36 PM

short answer no, just a little crisis due to the price being low/many lost huge amount of money because they bought at the peak, taxes being a problem, and other small stuff

just a despair phase that is very long apparently
.                    No I believe that Bitcoin not dead, just only suffered it lowest value and just for now. Hopefully everything Will gonna be stable again. As the Bitcoin users are expecting too much with this currency.  For so many people who joined this forum and talking about Bitcoin, hopefully it Will gonna Help it  to come  and rise again.

center]EMPIREHOTELS  (EMPC) The Future of Hospitality
--------  WhitepaperTwitter Telegram ?   Instagram ?  [DO NOT POST SESC LINKS]Bitcointalk Thread [/url]    -------  Join our ICO :  feb. 10.2019- March.31.2019 [/center]
markint

Activity: 329
Merit: 14

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 11:26:07 PM

I can not say that bitcoin is dead, but I am not so enthusiastic about its immediate future, since it seems to be at a critical moment where large investors are discovering that the alleged alternative digital money project has stopped functioning as such, and at the same time new altcoins are emerging that promise to overcome the limitations of bitcoin. At least for the moment the bitcoin seems to keep walking, but with enough difficulties and supported by crutches.
aencarnaci

Activity: 448
Merit: 281

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 05:09:00 AM

I think one day bitcoin will stop its growth but still will be one of the leading cryptocurrencies or transform into another one (we know it was the first so the technology should be improved)
Yeah mate you are right that bitcoin is growing faster day by day bitcoin is discussed now all over in world every person is talking about bitcoin and bitcoin is now the top searched thing on internet and those who are saying it is dead will end up by investing into bitcoin and this has happened in past that people spread false rumors about bitcoin and when they get ashamed they invested and start make money through bitcoin.
drachman

Activity: 756
Merit: 252

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 11:32:56 PM

Maybe the incident 2 years ago could be repeated, I also worried bitcoin can die in 2018
The circumstances are completely different, there is not an exchange that is as powerful as it was Mt Gox at the time, and while the fees of bitcoin are huge there is more usage of bitcoin than back in the day, so I'm not worried that what happened in 2013 will happen again.
balintong15

Activity: 126

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 02:04:53 AM

Bitcoin is not dead. Because I think it can't be dead. It is helpful and good to invest money, time and effort.
Pages: « 1 ... 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 [93] 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 »
  Print  

Jump to: