Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 03:23:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 [438] 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 ... 1348 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ASICMINER: Entering the Future of ASIC Mining by Inventing It  (Read 3916326 times)
ShroomsKit

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 12:18:54 PM

Question: When Friedcat says 800-1000 T this year, does he mean by December 2013? Or does he mean in the next 12 months?

9 out of 10 times this year obviously means before the end of the year.

Its price is not a very relevant factor in its adoption....

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
yuchuanzhen

Activity: 234
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2013, 12:19:42 PM

One more thing as I know,the new blade will be half price.Not exactly,but pretty much.
Also,we will have a mini one.

Is this information in the presentation? How do you know the new blade will be half price?  Mini blade? details?.  Sent you a tip for confirming the translation/providing valuable information... keep it up!
Sorry,but I don't have the detail.
There was a meeting in Shanghai,China this afternoon.I mean,local time.
We all hope Rockxie will release the price of the new blade,but that's we got.
And that's the source,half official.

Anyway,thanks for the tip. Smiley

Tip:17YxKtDNYWjkhPYTKieh4xSGuyAfL4kJ5o
yuchuanzhen

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2013, 12:23:19 PM

Question: When Friedcat says 800-1000 T this year, does he mean by December 2013? Or does he mean in the next 12 months?

I have no idea... but I doubt we will deploy that much.  Previously Asicminer went under the deployment targets... not because we did not have the blades, but because the competition never really... competed.  Deploying too much too soon just makes it harder for us in the long run.  The goal always was 10% of the network, and it has been the norm now for a while to be FAR above that.

I imagine this will mean more hardware sales, which I love, because that is profit NOW instead of having to wait for months of mining.
As the presentation says,it means December 2013.

aahzmundus

Activity: 644

Invest & Earn: https://cloudthink.io

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 12:38:38 PM

Annnnndddd we are off!  https://btct.co/security/ASICMINER-PT

Price broke through 3.5  Still 40 <3.5 shares on Bitfunder, and TAT also has some below 3.5 but not for long!

I'm going to take a nap, lets hope for 4 per share when I wake up!

ronaldlee0917

Activity: 238

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 12:46:01 PM

800-1000TH, quite a target, but Friedcat never fails to deliver, just bought 10 more shares.

Donation:    18zXsfnSvGjQFJ6pEiKMg2uWGcxUCfJLzu
Mastercoin - A new protocol layer built on top of Bitcoin
empoweoqwj

Activity: 518

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 12:47:55 PM

Given this news plus the excellent dividend 99% guaranteed for this week, I think we'll be through 4btc before dividend day
yuchuanzhen

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2013, 12:54:20 PM

One more thing as I know,the new blade will be half price.Not exactly,but pretty much.
Also,we will have a mini one.

Is this information in the presentation? How do you know the new blade will be half price?  Mini blade? details?.  Sent you a tip for confirming the translation/providing valuable information... keep it up!
Sorry,but I don't have the detail.
There was a meeting in Shanghai,China this afternoon.I mean,local time.
We all hope Rockxie will release the price of the new blade,but that's we got.
And that's the source,half official.

Anyway,thanks for the tip. Smiley
By the way,the ANN of new blade will be in early  July,before 10th,maybe.

tinus42

Activity: 784
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 01:20:45 PM

(namecoin is) the only existing alternative to the ICANN monopoly.

No, there are many, many other ICANN alternatives. They are all useless, just like Namecoin. Why? Because regular people can't access them. It's not reasonable to ask everyone on the entire internet to install plugins if they want to access your domains. Namecoin will never be a serious alternative to DNS.

I remember when I had to apply a patch to get 128 bits encryption in Internet Explorer because officially only 56 bits encryption was allowed for "potential enemy aliens" (ie: everyone outside the USA). Lots of people used that patch to get secure encryption.

Lots of people download Flash and Java as well. And Adblock Plus to hide ads. If there are .bit sites that are worth visiting lots of people will download the required plugin for their browser.
muyuu
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 01:26:32 PM

No, there are many, many other ICANN alternatives. They are all useless, just like Namecoin. Why? Because regular people can't access them. It's not reasonable to ask everyone on the entire internet to install plugins if they want to access your domains. Namecoin will never be a serious alternative to DNS.

I remember when I had to apply a patch to get 128 bits encryption in Internet Explorer because officially only 56 bits encryption was allowed for "potential enemy aliens" (ie: everyone outside the USA). Lots of people used that patch to get secure encryption.

Lots of people download Flash and Java as well. And Adblock Plus to hide ads. If there are .bit sites that are worth visiting lots of people will download the required plugin for their browser.

Technology of today would be alien 12 years ago. Tech doesn't advance 12 years overnight, as long as it takes more than 2 weeks or so diff will adjust.

GPG ID: 7294199D - OTC ID: muyuu (470F97EB7294199D)
forum tea fund BTC 1Epv7KHbNjYzqYVhTCgXWYhGSkv7BuKGEU DOGE DF1eTJ2vsxjHpmmbKu9jpqsrg5uyQLWksM CAP F1MzvmmHwP2UhFq82NQT7qDU9NQ8oQbtkQ
canth
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 02:10:09 PM

Happy to contribute to all your dividends.  As shareholders, you'll be happy to know that BTC Guild's initial stock (1,000 USB Block Erupters ordered, 800 available to public sales) sold out in under 40 minutes, and already has over 200 units on backorder.

People must want these as novelty items. I don't get it. 40 minutes???

They're going for a premium on eBay. I think that it's for novelty purposes, profit and just to learn about mining. I bought a bunch, plan on selling most and keeping 1 just for kicks.

empoweoqwj

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 02:11:16 PM

"Lots of people" is not enough. If you spend money building a website, you want all the world to see it, not "lots of people". Its $10 a year for a domain everyone in the world can access, or you get a ".bit" site. Like I say, people have launched "domain roots" before outside ICANN, they have tried and tried, spent lots of money, and in the end, all gave up. Its a failed concept.

This isn't silk road. We aren't promoting drugs or trying to hide what we we are doing. we are trying to promote the brilliance of friendlycat and his crew. Why settle for anything less than 100% exposure? Its a no brainer.
empoweoqwj

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 02:12:43 PM

Happy to contribute to all your dividends.  As shareholders, you'll be happy to know that BTC Guild's initial stock (1,000 USB Block Erupters ordered, 800 available to public sales) sold out in under 40 minutes, and already has over 200 units on backorder.

They're going for a premium on eBay. I think that it's for novelty purposes, profit and just to learn about mining. I bought a bunch, plan on selling most and keeping 1 just for kicks.

Yep, eBay is one of the many channels, and a great one in particular where people pay over the odds for stuff they haven't got a clue what they are buying. Someone will make a real killing on eBay if they have a good rep there and a business plan.
canth
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 02:39:36 PM

Yep, eBay is one of the many channels, and a great one in particular where people pay over the odds for stuff they haven't got a clue what they are buying. Someone will make a real killing on eBay if they have a good rep there and a business plan.

Yep - it took me awhile to realize that generally speaking, eBay is the most expensive place to buy just about anything. I'm going to sell them to friends though for only enough to cover shipping - not making a profit this time around.

TsuyokuNaritai

Activity: 574

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 02:42:02 PM

Anyone who wants more shares in the near future may be kicking themselves if they don't get them soon. After a 3 week pause the train might be about to leave the station again.

If you missed that one, the whistle is blowing again right now, a lot louder.

Sell your car, sell your clothes, buy ASICMiner. If you went temporarily insane this week & sold AM shares to get AMC shares, take your losses and come home to the Real Thing before it's too late.

By either this coming dividend or possibly the one after, we'll watching the first cat on the moon.

velacreations

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 02:46:41 PM

bitfunder has cheap shares at 3.45

TECHICENINE

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2013, 02:55:58 PM

If it keeps anyone too dumb to install a browser plug-in away then I guess it could be a good thing.

ASICMINER plug-ins are going through testing to be able to be offered with the happy meal..jmo thanks
empoweoqwj

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 03:48:38 PM

Anyone who wants more shares in the near future may be kicking themselves if they don't get them soon. After a 3 week pause the train might be about to leave the station again.

Sell your car, sell your clothes, buy ASICMiner. If you went temporarily insane this week & sold AM shares to get AMC shares, take your losses and come home to the Real Thing before it's too late.

By either this coming dividend or possibly the one after, we'll watching the first cat on the moon.

Haha, that was me. I didn't sell any AM shares thankfully, just "invested" 10 "spare" BTC in AMC whilst temporarily insane. This morning sold them (for a loss) and reinvested the shares (and some more) back in AM. I can't even believe I got the AMC fever, but from your post, sounds like I wasn't the only person that caught the terrible fever this week. Hardly slept last night, but thankfully managed to dump all the AMC shares today and now I'm a happy bunny having bought the AM shares just before all this latest furrycat news broke  Grin

All's well that ends well !!
ShroomsKit

Activity: 672

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 03:56:47 PM

Haha, that was me. I didn't sell any AM shares thankfully, just "invested" 10 "spare" BTC in AMC whilst temporarily insane. This morning sold them (for a loss) and reinvested the shares (and some more) back in AM. I can't even believe I got the AMC fever, but from your post, sounds like I wasn't the only person that caught the terrible fever this week. Hardly slept last night, but thankfully managed to dump all the AMC shares today and now I'm a happy bunny having bought the AM shares just before all this latest furrycat news broke  Grin

I sold my AM shares and bought amc. Very quickly regret it and reversed everything again at a very small loss. Haha.
Glad i did. Amc went south soon after and AM is exploding. Already made good profit.

Its price is not a very relevant factor in its adoption....
binaryFate
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1003

Still wild and free

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 03:58:09 PM

I've got temporarily insane too. Bought the AMC fever at 0.0025 and sold at 0.002499, luckily was still ok. Good lesson for the future, I won't go quickly into something again without due diligence...

Monero's privacy and therefore fungibility are MUCH stronger than Bitcoin's. 
This makes Monero a better candidate to deserve the term "digital cash".
empoweoqwj

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 04:06:28 PM

I've got temporarily insane too. Bought the AMC fever at 0.0025 and sold at 0.002499, luckily was still ok. Good lesson for the future, I won't go quickly into something again without due diligence...

lol. I sold AMC at alot less than 0.002499, you must have changed your mind very quickly Smiley but yeah, I bought in "a fever" - I will never do that again. I'm sticking to furrycat from now on. No deviation. Why waste money on losers and pipe-dreams. We have the best, forget the rest
Pages: « 1 ... 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 [438] 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 ... 1348 »
  Print  

Jump to: