Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 05:50:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 [480] 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 ... 1348 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ASICMINER: Entering the Future of ASIC Mining by Inventing It  (Read 3916306 times)
SmiGueL

Activity: 322
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 12:34:46 PM

Rockxie official presentation where? he told us he was simply a reseller !  (= LOL

anyone knows where is the presentation and what's it's content?

This one I think Smiley
http://wenku.baidu.com/view/ede0631876c66137ee06192f.html

Seems like the BTCGuild USB stick orders are open again! Smiley
http://www.btcguild.com/index.php?page=store

Asicminer Hashrate Charts @ www.asicminercharts.com

Donations BTC: 1SmiGSGWXzD5aZhmw3jyfpBFCgiki45MT

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ThickAsThieves

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 01:21:41 PM

1) congratulations on your board seat, maybe now you can consider giving people the option of moving shares out of TAT (maybe for a fee?)

2) I would much rather friedcat post updates in the forum himself, otherwise this precisely becomes insider information (particularly in the hands of someone with that many shares - and you just mentioned your private shares aside from the passthrough you're offering right?)

1) As I've stated in the past, I won't even consider exporting of TAT.AM/ASICM shares if the asset doesn't hold well over 5000 shares. Even then, if the service was added, it would have fees attached. However I will have other news you might like soon.

2) I understand, but this is the way he chooses to respond and I can't make him do otherwise. As is, I had to reach out twice to get the response at all. He is busy, and I'm not interested in nagging him about how he behaves. Regarding whether this info is a trading advantage, that "advantage" is something all of the other AM PT operators have had for months as board members. Only now am I the same as them. Will it turn out to be a real advantage? I have no idea, nor is it my concern. The biggest advantage is getting to be a part of the crew, in whatever small way I can.
TsuyokuNaritai

Activity: 574

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 01:26:54 PM

anyone knows where is the presentation and what's it's content?
This one I think Smiley
http://wenku.baidu.com/view/ede0631876c66137ee06192f.html
Also here's a translation of Friedcat's answers to questions at the conference:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=246253.msg2610794#msg2610794

runeks
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2013, 01:28:44 PM

Has anyone spoken with friedcat via PM recently? I'd like to transfer my shares to ASICMINER-PT, but he hasn't answered my PM yet. Sent it last night, so maybe I'm just impatient.

Has changing how ownership of ASICMINER shares is determined been discussed? It seems to me that friedcat, a friggin' CEO, is wasting his time changing entries in a spreadsheet.
SOSLOVE868

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 01:29:50 PM

1) congratulations on your board seat, maybe now you can consider giving people the option of moving shares out of TAT (maybe for a fee?)

2) I would much rather friedcat post updates in the forum himself, otherwise this precisely becomes insider information (particularly in the hands of someone with that many shares - and you just mentioned your private shares aside from the passthrough you're offering right?)

1) As I've stated in the past, I won't even consider exporting of TAT.AM/ASICM shares if the asset doesn't hold well over 5000 shares. Even then, if the service was added, it would have fees attached. However I will have other news you might like soon.

2) I understand, but this is the way he chooses to respond and I can't make him do otherwise. As is, I had to reach out twice to get the response at all. He is busy, and I'm not interested in nagging him about how he behaves. Regarding whether this info is a trading advantage, that "advantage" is something all of the other AM PT operators have had for months as board members. Only now am I the same as them. Will it turn out to be a real advantage? I have no idea, nor is it my concern. The biggest advantage is getting to be a part of the crew, in whatever small way I can.

It's enough, Congratulation and appreciated the effort you made on to get those information from Friedcat.
aahzmundus

Activity: 644

Invest & Earn: https://cloudthink.io

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 03:02:03 PM

For those people looking for information about last week... check out my weekly write up.  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=99497.msg2653603#msg2653603

Speaking of which, I will be writing and posting the next one probably within an hour of dividends being posted.  If you have any comments, or suggestions on changes to the format, suggestions for added information, or submissions of news items... send them my way In a PM.  Right now for news items I have, the questions and answers from investors to friedcat, posted by TAT, and the concern of investors over a lack of information.

Also, if someone wants to generate nicer looking 7 day charts for me... let me know.  Otherwise I will just keep hacking them together in mspaint like a boss.

Aajo

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 03:19:36 PM

Has anyone spoken with friedcat via PM recently? I'd like to transfer my shares to ASICMINER-PT, but he hasn't answered my PM yet. Sent it last night, so maybe I'm just impatient.

I believe transfers are usually done twice a week: on sunday and before the dividends go out.
ThickAsThieves

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 03:26:54 PM

I believe transfers are usually done twice a week: on sunday and before the dividends go out.

That is incorrect. Traditionally, Friedcat will make news announcements on Wed/Thurs. However, he has been less consistent of late.

We submit poll questions to him roughly every 3 weeks or so, which he usually answers in roughly 1 week after.
davecoin

Activity: 816
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 04:24:58 PM

Has changing how ownership of ASICMINER shares is determined been discussed? It seems to me that friedcat, a friggin' CEO, is wasting his time changing entries in a spreadsheet.

I sent in a request via email on the 29th of June and have yet to hear back. I sent a follow up yesterday as well.  Let's hope he's busy with the new blades.
VeeMiner

Activity: 752

bitcoin hodler

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 04:29:43 PM

It would be really great if friedcat setup some simple webpage for ordering USB miners and blades - when they are in stock again. I mean this can't take more than 5 hours of time and I'm sure that it would attract more customers than just people who go to bitcointalk.org forum daily.

I mean I come here really frequently but sometimes it's hard even for me to find out all the information that I need about asicminer and hardware sales.
binaryFate
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1003

Still wild and free

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 04:34:10 PM

It would be really great if friedcat setup some simple webpage for ordering USB miners and blades - when they are in stock again. I mean this can't take more than 5 hours of time and I'm sure that it would attract more customers than just people who go to bitcointalk.org forum daily.

I mean I come here really frequently but sometimes it's hard even for me to find out all the information that I need about asicminer and hardware sales.

Then you should also know the usual answer... As a shareholder you could do it yourself. More realistically, those that are dealing with the orders for US, Europe, etc, could do it. I guess they have an interest to sell, even more than a normal shareholder since they must get a commission somewhere. Probably not necessary yet.

Monero's privacy and therefore fungibility are MUCH stronger than Bitcoin's. 
This makes Monero a better candidate to deserve the term "digital cash".
runeks
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2013, 04:38:03 PM

Why not just let the resellers do that? They seem to be able to find the relevant threads.

Cool. Thanks for the info. I hope you're right.

I sent in a request via email on the 29th of June and have yet to hear back. I sent a follow up yesterday as well.  Let's hope he's busy with the new blades.
Ouch. That's sucky :\. But yeah, I guess the Blades are more important.

But I do think a new way of transferring ownership is needed. I don't understand why friedcat doesn't hire someone to put together a system that can automate it in some way. It would take a lot of work off his back, plus it would ease price discovery, and compress the spread, as they can be traded faster.
canth
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 07:01:22 PM

Why not just let the resellers do that? They seem to be able to find the relevant threads.

Cool. Thanks for the info. I hope you're right.

Ouch. That's sucky :\. But yeah, I guess the Blades are more important.

But I do think a new way of transferring ownership is needed. I don't understand why friedcat doesn't hire someone to put together a system that can automate it in some way. It would take a lot of work off his back, plus it would ease price discovery, and compress the spread, as they can be traded faster.

Friedcat doesn't benefit from the active trading of his stock - there's no reason for him to do it, especially when that's what the PT shares are for. BTW, I transferred some shares to a PT last week - took Mr Friedcat a few days, but it went through smoothly without any issues. I've got no complaints about the way it's handled now.

AMuppInTime
Donator

Activity: 290

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 08:09:16 PM

"this is the way he chooses to respond" => how about asking him to post an update in the thread itself?
He used to do it in the past (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=99497.msg2390687#msg2390687), but has since stopped since you started the questioning. Please make sure your pm/emails request that he post the update in the thread.
There is a very small line to seeing how easy it would be for a man with 5000+ shares knowing that hardware or statements won't come for another 3 weeks to try and take advantage of the information before the market knows of it - example: yesterday, AM trades at 4.6, now trading for 4.2.)
Eric Muyser

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

You can't kill math.

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 08:55:52 PM

"this is the way he chooses to respond" => how about asking him to post an update in the thread itself?
He used to do it in the past (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=99497.msg2390687#msg2390687), but has since stopped since you started the questioning. Please make sure your pm/emails request that he post the update in the thread.
There is a very small line to seeing how easy it would be for a man with 5000+ shares knowing that hardware or statements won't come for another 3 weeks to try and take advantage of the information before the market knows of it - example: yesterday, AM trades at 4.6, now trading for 4.2.)

+1 There's no reason why you can't ask FC to please post his answers himself.

@EricMuyser | EricMuyser.com | OTC - "Defeat is a state of mind; no one is ever defeated until defeat has been accepted as a reality" - Bruce Lee
ThickAsThieves

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 10:46:46 PM

+1 There's no reason why you can't ask FC to please post his answers himself.

He was already told he could reply on the forum or directly to me, whichever he preferred.

Beyond that, I think everyone needs to keep in mind that Friedcat already communicates info to shareholders much more than any other business of its size, and I'm not going to lean on him to do things he doesn't chose to.

Also keep in mind that ALL board members hold 5000+ shares, not just PT operators, or myself. Selling anything below 5000 makes you no longer a board member.

Lately, people want to blame every price swing on manipulation, and now on insider trading. This is paranoia towards that which you can't control.

The price rose violently in the past few weeks, volatility is inevitable, not a conspiracy.
tinus42

Activity: 784
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 11:02:00 PM

Also keep in mind that ALL board members hold 5000+ shares, not just PT operators, or myself. Selling anything below 5000 makes you no longer a board member.

What about that guy who has 15,000+ shares does he have a board sofa? Cheesy
jimmy3dita

Activity: 588

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 11:06:44 PM

What about that guy who has 15,000+ shares does he have a board sofa? Cheesy

much more, theoretically 1.2% of the Bitcoin network hashrate

Acquista il mio libro "Investire Bitcoin": clicca qui
LainZ

Activity: 146
Merit: 100

@WiRED

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 11:21:57 PM

First the good news: All legal matters are resolved.

The last message from friedcat (from yesterday):
Will send you 1000 today and likely 2000 each day after that.

Yes, at 15,000€ x400GH/s. Not saying is not worth it, but all this pre-order stuff is very tiresome. When the potential profit is huge, then its ok to take a gamble. But when the price is adjusted to its expected ROI (as Avalon did with batch #3, and as I assume punin is doing by selling the "August delivery" at double the price of the "October delivery"), IMO the only way to go is immediate delivery (less than 7 days). Otherwise, we know how the story unfolds: a two weeks delay already throws your ROI expectations to the garbage bin.

As a shareholder/customer; I have to say thank you friedcat for choosing the path of decentralization.

80$ for an efficient ASIC mining, scalable and delivered all around the world via forum-chosen community members.

ASICMINER #1...

They have always known that faith in money is a mass illusion, however they never considered that they wouldn’t be in charge of the illusion - Jon Matonis
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool - Richard Feynman
AMuppInTime
Donator

Activity: 290

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 11:44:07 PM

He was already told he could reply on the forum or directly to me, whichever he preferred.
For transparency's sake, you could tell him to reply only on the thread - that simple, and he's done it already in the past.
Everything else "5000+ shares" belongs in board meetings and NOT discussed on this board.

This is still very much an experiment: We have money, we have an unregulated market, let's try to limit the possibility of manipulation?

Pages: « 1 ... 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 [480] 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 ... 1348 »
  Print  

Jump to: