Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 10:47:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 [672] 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 ... 1348 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ASICMINER: Entering the Future of ASIC Mining by Inventing It  (Read 3916346 times)
shawshankinmate37927

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

Bitcoin: The People's Bailout

View Profile
September 29, 2013, 03:22:31 PM

Unfortunately, that "steady source of Bitcoins" via AM dividends has turned out to be not-so-steady.
Has FC ever missed a dividend payment?  I've received all of my dividends right on time, every time.

Who said he missed a dividend payment?  I've received all dividends as well, but I don't think anyone here will claim that the size of their dividends has been steady.

Edit:  The decline in estimated mining revenue has certainly been steady since July 1st.  (See the fifth chart from the top: http://www.asicminercharts.com/)

"It is well enough that people of the nation do not understand our banking and monetary system, for if they did, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning."   - Henry Ford

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
velacreations

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 29, 2013, 04:22:15 PM

Who said he missed a dividend payment?  I've received all dividends as well, but I don't think anyone here will claim that the size of their dividends has been steady.
oh sorry, I thought you meant the payout was not steady.  I didn't realize you meant the size of the dividend.

Edit:  The decline in estimated mining revenue has certainly been steady since July 1st.  (See the fifth chart from the top: http://www.asicminercharts.com/)
yes, though the hardware revenue has remained fairly constant for at least 6 weeks.

shawshankinmate37927

Activity: 854

Bitcoin: The People's Bailout

View Profile
September 29, 2013, 05:18:20 PM

Edit:  The decline in estimated mining revenue has certainly been steady since July 1st.  (See the fifth chart from the top: http://www.asicminercharts.com/)
yes, though the hardware revenue has remained fairly constant for at least 6 weeks.

But, I can't help but wonder how many of the people that have been buying AM's hardware are experiencing buyer's remorse now.  I get the sense there aren't going to be a lot of returning customers when new products are unveiled.  Certainly they won't be buying at the same margins.  Personally, I'm hoping this will cause AM to devote a significant part of the current revenues derived from hardware sales to focus more on self-mining in the future.  Self-mining just seems more sustainable over the long-term and buying shares of AM seems like it would be a better deal for all involved than buying AM hardware.

"It is well enough that people of the nation do not understand our banking and monetary system, for if they did, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning."   - Henry Ford
KS

Activity: 448

View Profile
September 29, 2013, 05:42:22 PM

Could s.o. please explain to this noob why ppl are dumping the shares?
Birdy

Activity: 364

View Profile
September 29, 2013, 05:52:15 PM

Some people don't want to deal with the hassle of transfering the shares, also btct.co shares were more expensive and thus need to adjust down a little bit. And least but not last the supply on the other exchanges will increase, but demand most likely not as much (some people will quit trading when btct.co is gone).
canth
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 29, 2013, 05:57:42 PM

Some people don't want to deal with the hassle of transfering the shares, also btct.co shares were more expensive and thus need to adjust down a little bit. And least but not last the supply on the other exchanges will increase, but demand most likely not as much (some people will quit trading when btct.co is gone).

I dumped and bought at another exchange for essentially the same price. With BTCT's announcement, knowing that I could have one security that wouldn't depend upon a migration process was worth it to me.

KS

Activity: 448

View Profile
September 29, 2013, 06:01:09 PM

I dumped and bought at another exchange for essentially the same price. With BTCT's announcement, knowing that I could have one security that wouldn't depend upon a migration process was worth it to me.

Thank you both.

I thought this might have been the case but I was worried sth else was going on.
ineededausername

Activity: 784

bitcoin hundred-aire

View Profile
September 29, 2013, 08:09:14 PM

One possibility is that the 500 TH/s is sold in October.  That 500 TH/s is worth $14 per share, or 0.10 dividends per share according to the absurdly high Gox rate, assuming the current conservatively-estimated market price of hashpower drops in half.  If we note that lower denominations of hashpower are irrationally priced higher by the market, and if we value by Bitstamp, we can get up to 0.15 per share...

Another possibility, of course, is that we simply mine with that hashpower, putting us back in the ~20% share of network range, which is a good place to be as well.

I am looking forward to October.

(BFL)^2 < 0
Vycid

Activity: 336

♫ the AM bear who cares ♫

View Profile
September 30, 2013, 12:30:20 AM

One possibility is that the 500 TH/s is sold in October.  That 500 TH/s is worth $14 per share, or 0.10 dividends per share according to the absurdly high Gox rate, assuming the current conservatively-estimated market price of hashpower drops in half.  If we note that lower denominations of hashpower are irrationally priced higher by the market, and if we value by Bitstamp, we can get up to 0.15 per share...

Another possibility, of course, is that we simply mine with that hashpower, putting us back in the ~20% share of network range, which is a good place to be as well.

At Cointerra's current $3/GH price (for January), the 500TH is worth $3.75 per share, ignoring the fact that the AM hardware will be less power efficient.

Of course FC is supposed to begin deploying that 500TH by the end of December,  but I'd be very surprised if most of it is deployed before January. He never claimed it would all come online at once and the first generation certainly didn't.

lophie

Activity: 924

Unlimited Free Crypto

View Profile
September 30, 2013, 12:35:14 AM

At Cointerra's current $3/GH price (for January), the 500TH is worth $3.75 per share, ignoring the fact that the AM hardware will be less power efficient.

Of course FC is supposed to begin deploying that 500TH by the end of December,  but I'd be very surprised if most of it is deployed before January. He never claimed it would all come online at once and the first generation certainly didn't.

We are not currently in January. Damn, you are so much of a bear..........

Will take me a while to climb up again, But where is a will, there is a way...
mutex

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 30, 2013, 02:07:08 AM

Have you seen cex.io - bitfury commodity exchange? It basically sells GH/s at ghash.io pool. Maybe friedcat could go the same way.
BitThink
Legendary

Activity: 882

View Profile
September 30, 2013, 02:19:09 AM

I have a question about the gen2 chips. According to friedcat's latest update, the order size has not been decided. Does that mean the gen2 chips has been designed and tested? If so, do we know its specification?
Vycid

View Profile
September 30, 2013, 02:21:27 AM

And FC is not currently deploying hardware, last I checked.

$3/GH is Cointerra's current price for January.  My point is that it may decrease further (for January or otherwise).

I do not understand how either of these observations makes me any more or less bearish.

glendall
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1018

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
September 30, 2013, 02:39:20 AM

Have you seen cex.io - bitfury commodity exchange? It basically sells GH/s at ghash.io pool. Maybe friedcat could go the same way.

Huh interesting, haven't seen that site before....  I wonder how safe it is to use though being based in Cyprus...after all the crap that happened there over the last year it's not a promising place to do any sort of business that may run afoul of the banking cartels.

.SUGAR.
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
glendall
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1018

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
September 30, 2013, 02:40:12 AM

I have a question about the gen2 chips. According to friedcat's latest update, the order size has not been decided. Does that mean the gen2 chips has been designed and tested? If so, do we know its specification?

Possibly, for the first question. No specifications or details at all have been released.

.SUGAR.
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
BitThink
Legendary

View Profile
September 30, 2013, 02:57:04 AM

Possibly, for the first question. No specifications or details at all have been released.
As far as I know, the difference of cost between 56nm and 130nm is mostly in NRE, so the production cost of gen2 may be not much higher? If so, why postpone the mass production of gen2 chips? No product line has been secured?
BitThink
Legendary

View Profile
September 30, 2013, 03:22:06 AM

And FC is not currently deploying hardware, last I checked.

$3/GH is Cointerra's current price for January.  My point is that it may decrease further (for January or otherwise).

I do not understand how either of these observations makes me any more or less bearish.
In my opinion $3/GH in next Jan equals to $6/GH in this December and $12 in November.
lophie

Unlimited Free Crypto

View Profile
September 30, 2013, 04:38:46 AM

I apologize people if my language is that bad but I thought "Current" is about the present and not the future?  Roll Eyes

Vycid

View Profile
September 30, 2013, 04:46:43 AM

I apologize people if my language is that bad but I thought "Current" is about the present and not the future?  Roll Eyes

Yes. Cointerra's price in the present. You can go see this current price, right here: http://cointerra.com/. It is not a hypothetical price.

If they change the price tomorrow, then $3/GH will no longer be the current price.

Your language must be very different from English.

lophie

Unlimited Free Crypto

View Profile
September 30, 2013, 04:51:17 AM

I apologize people if my language is that bad but I thought "Current" is about the present and not the future?  Roll Eyes

Yes. Cointerra's price in the present. You can go see this current price, right here: http://cointerra.com/. It is not a hypothetical price.

If they change the price tomorrow, then $3/GH will no longer be the current price.

Your language must be very different from English.

so they accept this price to deliver in January and not now. And that makes it "the present"....... hmm now how does this sound like...... kinda remind me of BFL or something.....

This is Bitcoin land. until the hardware is in hand and hashing it is all just speculation. look at ASICMINER share prices!

Pages: « 1 ... 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 [672] 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 ... 1348 »
  Print  

Jump to: