Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 08:43:50 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 184 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How to save money.  (Read 345757 times)
_Miracle

Activity: 907
Merit: 660

Do due diligence

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2015, 06:09:02 AM

:-) George Carlin was a wise and funny man.

Good credit and using it wisely can be an excellent asset (<from experience>) over using it...not so much, and can be very costly.

I maxed the match on my 401k: my company pays 66% up to 10%. It was the easiest/most difficult thing to do (I question the decision every paycheck but know it is the right one ;-).

As a consumer who enjoys nice things, I often consider buying things in bitcoin terms:
"This is a $100something down comforter so when I spend this .50 bitcoin on it, it better be worth it" *kidding but only sort of :-)

There 'used' to be more truth in forums than anywhere else.  Twitter:  @cryptobitchicks  Spock: "I am expressing multiple attitudes simultaneously. To which are you referring?"  INTJ-A
Salomon12

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 20, 2015, 04:17:27 PM

I maxed the match on my 401k: my company pays 66% up to 10%. It was the easiest/most difficult thing to do (I question the decision every paycheck but know it is the right one ;-).

_Miracle your company pays 66% up to 10%? Sorry I'm a bit confused on this. I know the 401k is the Retirement Fund in the US. What is the normal match by businesses in the US and how much more is your match by your company then?
MF Doom

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 20, 2015, 05:29:10 PM

oh yeah, one more way:

DONT GAMBLE CAUSE THE HOUSE ALWAYS WINS!
manselr
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1004

View Profile
April 20, 2015, 05:35:46 PM

Personal savings are decreasing, even the sheeple know something doesn't ad up. They can not get their pin heads to connect the dots. They still are pre occupied with dress color, nascar, voice or any such shit put in front of their face. None the less they know something aint right. I'll give em that...
freeyourmind

Activity: 364
Merit: 252

View Profile
April 20, 2015, 05:37:10 PM

_Miracle your company pays 66% up to 10%? Sorry I'm a bit confused on this. I know the 401k is the Retirement Fund in the US. What is the normal match by businesses in the US and how much more is your match by your company then?

I believe he means that he can contribute up to 10% of his gross income into his 401k, and the company will match 66% of his contribution, or 6.6% of gross income, making the total contribution 16.6% of gross income.

Each company usually has it's own program for retirement savings, health benefits and a stock plan if it's a public company.  I have seen retirement matching of between 0 - 175% of employee contributions.  The company with 0% had a stock plan though.
Salomon12

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 21, 2015, 08:22:44 AM

I believe he means that he can contribute up to 10% of his gross income into his 401k, and the company will match 66% of his contribution, or 6.6% of gross income, making the total contribution 16.6% of gross income.

Each company usually has it's own program for retirement savings, health benefits and a stock plan if it's a public company.  I have seen retirement matching of between 0 - 175% of employee contributions.  The company with 0% had a stock plan though.

Thanks for the insight freeyourmind. 66% of the 10% isn't that bad to be honest then. i guess it all can relate to what investments are being purchased and handled by your 401k.
freeyourmind

View Profile
April 21, 2015, 10:12:50 PM

Thanks for the insight freeyourmind. 66% of the 10% isn't that bad to be honest then. i guess it all can relate to what investments are being purchased and handled by your 401k.

No problem bud.

It's not bad; I mean any contribution at all is better than nothing at the end of the day, because I don't believe there is a legal obligation for employers to contribute anything.  My company does a 100% match on a maximum of 6% contribution on gross income.

The problem that I have is that this money is a form of forced savings and cannot be accessed until retirement.  For this reason I prefer stock plans.  The other problem is that it hasn't been taxed, so when you start withdrawing from the retirement fund, it will be taxable income.

With respect to the type of investments, there are usually some standard portfolios with a mix of equities and bonds depending on risk tolerance to choose from.  You can also select specific funds yourself, from the limited options available in the plan specific to your company.
FreedomCoin

Activity: 675
Merit: 507

Freedom to choose

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 02:49:00 PM

If you have a kroger supermarket and gas station you can earn up to a 1000 points which saves you $1 a gallon on gas, with a limit of 35 gallons per fillup you can potentially save $35 every time you fill up.

You can get double points buying groceries on the weekend, i just buy a $500 amazon gift card once every couple months and that gives me a thousand points.

Erza
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 03:37:45 PM

I think thay street vendors, sidewalk vendors are not an investors. In investing you wouldn't have to get tiree to earn money in investing your money will be allowed to borrowed it of the company and if their business are failed you wouldn't have a profit and your money will lost too. But if their business are successful your money will have a profit as your contract says.

How can people lend you his money and then you make investment in their company? Sure they didnt want to lend you some, its just like a gamble using their own money and that is backfire back to his own company
Dotakels (OP)

Activity: 490
Merit: 255

View Profile
April 23, 2015, 03:58:05 AM

I think thay street vendors, sidewalk vendors are not an investors. In investing you wouldn't have to get tiree to earn money in investing your money will be allowed to borrowed it of the company and if their business are failed you wouldn't have a profit and your money will lost too. But if their business are successful your money will have a profit as your contract says.

How can people lend you his money and then you make investment in their company? Sure they didnt want to lend you some, its just like a gamble using their own money and that is backfire back to his own company
Why didn't lend it to me? Example i am a compamy their are investor they lend me their money they want to earn a profit. If they not lend their money they cant earn.
BTCevo
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1008

View Profile
April 23, 2015, 04:25:30 AM

Why didn't lend it to me? Example i am a compamy their are investor they lend me their money they want to earn a profit. If they not lend their money they cant earn.

If you are the company why you should bother for taking their money. Its better you make your own profit rather then asking for their money to invest it in you company so you dont need to pay them again so it will become you own profit
CoinTop

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 23, 2015, 06:25:57 AM

Just something simple like buying no brand food can go a long way to saving cash.
Dotakels (OP)

Activity: 490
Merit: 255

View Profile
April 23, 2015, 07:05:37 AM

Just something simple like buying no brand food can go long away to saving cash.
Is not the way you can save. If you buy a non brand food it may dangerous to your health because its not follow the right procedure of processing of food. You can save by saving your 20% of your salary. This would help you so much.
GreenStox

Activity: 1148

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
April 23, 2015, 07:38:34 AM

Just something simple like buying no brand food can go a long way to saving cash.

Yea and get poisoned by all the conservants and coloring ingredients that they put in it. The only place where I would not be cheap is food.

We all know despide processed meat is cheap, its very unhealthy. I`d rather save on anything else than on food.

I also dont drink fluorided tap water, its disgusting i only drink private water from bottles.

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
Erza
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 23, 2015, 03:46:41 PM

oh yeah, one more way:

DONT GAMBLE CAUSE THE HOUSE ALWAYS WINS!

I can't say that you may not gamble but so many people is addicted to it and you can ask them just to leave like that and it is not always the house win. Someone with a really good luck may be can win over house and so many people ever did again in gambling, but sometimes they are too greedy that makes them lose all of btc that he got from gambling
sikaxchange

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 23, 2015, 05:50:21 PM

well i do not think may work accross other IP but i would try your tip on how to save money
SlickMoTwoToe

Activity: 438
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 23, 2015, 06:17:45 PM

I know some people who just go out and spend a ton of money for the heck of it... It seems like women in particular do this with getting tons of clothes etc, though I know of a couple men who buy new cars every year just for the heck of it. If this kind of needless spending was avoided, maybe they wouldn't constantly have debt to worry about. If people focused on making things (writing, playing music, building, drawing, programming) for fun instead of consuming things (eating out, buying tons of junk, going to movies) then they would probably be a lot better off.

All the things I spend a lot of money on are things that are good for making stuff and that last (relatively) a long time. I think the most useful thing overall is a good computer. Doing business, writing, listening to and creating music, gaming, getting entertainment media for "free," communicating, and surfing the web... it has a great many purposes and a good one can be had for less than $1000 today.

As a musician I get some musical instruments which are fairly expensive, but a $500 guitar lets me learn more music, create my own music, entertain myself and develop new neural connections whereas a $500 TV station lets you entertain yourself and not much more. Even a TV station is way better than $500 worth of clothes that will get used once for vanity purposes etc. People just don't think before they buy.
johnyj
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1012

Beyond Imagination

View Profile
April 23, 2015, 06:27:18 PM

Currently the biggest spending for me is SSD, upgrading to 500GB SSD will cost a whole lot  Undecided

GreenStox

Activity: 1148

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
April 23, 2015, 06:37:27 PM

I know some people who just go out and spend a ton of money for the heck of it... It seems like women in particular do this with getting tons of clothes etc, though I know of a couple men who buy new cars every year just for the heck of it. If this kind of needless spending was avoided, maybe they wouldn't constantly have debt to worry about. If people focused on making things (writing, playing music, building, drawing, programming) for fun instead of consuming things (eating out, buying tons of junk, going to movies) then they would probably be a lot better off.

Bro i know a guy who changes his phone every fucking month, its not just women. Then i know a couple who go on vacation every single weekend.

People are addicted to consuming. I`m not saying dont do it, you must live your life until you can, but i`m saying most of these people (since they dont have any reserves) end up heavily in debt once shit hits the fan, or become homeless easily.

Wreckless spending and not paying attention to your money can cost you dearly after something unfortunate happense to you, so i think everyone should have reserve money, which is exactly what the current monetary system discourages!

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
freeyourmind

View Profile
April 23, 2015, 09:01:53 PM

All the things I spend a lot of money on are things that are good for making stuff and that last (relatively) a long time. I think the most useful thing overall is a good computer. Doing business, writing, listening to and creating music, gaming, getting entertainment media for "free," communicating, and surfing the web... it has a great many purposes and a good one can be had for less than $1000 today.

As a musician I get some musical instruments which are fairly expensive, but a $500 guitar lets me learn more music, create my own music, entertain myself and develop new neural connections whereas a $500 TV station lets you entertain yourself and not much more. Even a TV station is way better than $500 worth of clothes that will get used once for vanity purposes etc. People just don't think before they buy.

Great points on lifestyle.  These are really difficult changes for people to implement in their own lives, unless they have a particular interest.  What some people enjoy is boring for others.

One of the things that I want to learn is how to play guitar Smiley
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 184 »
  Print  

Jump to: