Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 03:55:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 ... 93 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Advcash | a new "anonymous" bitcoin debit card [EUR & USD]  (Read 177733 times)
AdvancedCash

Activity: 429
Merit: 257

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2016, 02:35:24 PM

I'm watching this thread since longer time and i'd like to add few words from myself.

I was quite happy customer of advcash and withdrawn around 10k using their service, but this is quite unproffesional.

1) How can service be distrupted for almost 10 days (now?)? This is not how you make business.
If you rely on one banking partner, and you can be shut down in 2 min then have other options. You have no alternatives ready in case of situations like this.
I'm sure that cards can be transfered to other banks too. Of course it's not quick process, but you have to be prepared in case of crisis.

2) The reason of the "situation".

As someone have noticed, the other service providers like e-coin and coinsbank also use "Wave Crest Holdings" to issue their cards. Their service is fine and customers can use their cards.

IMO: The situation is caused by one of the following points which advcash does not want to tell:

1)  Frozen funds on their accounts in "Wave Crest" bank.
2) Anti money laundering investigation which resulted in point 1)

Now since users are able to withdraw 100USD/day, means they made some deal with bank to release some part of funds stored on accounts.

This is my theory based on what is happening.

As much as I appreciate yet another bit of speculation, Wave Crest is not a bank in any possible way. It's a payment solution provider and a card vendor, yes, but not a bank. There are no frozen funds there and I can hardly imagine a situation when there can be frozen funds there. It's not a Wave Crest issue and we never said it is. Once again, the news offer enough information to understand what's going on.

The news offers enough information to understand what's going on Huh?? = So once again  = What's going on  Huh?? = Waiting for your answer  

I'm going to stop visiting this thread for a while, it's a waste of precious time that should really be spent on dealing with actual issues, not talking to people who want to talk just for the sake of talking. The problem is described in enough detail in the news, if you don't get it, I'm sorry, there is nothing I can add.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tigerwood0432

Activity: 493
Merit: 504

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 02:36:52 PM

I'm watching this thread since longer time and i'd like to add few words from myself.

I was quite happy customer of advcash and withdrawn around 10k using their service, but this is quite unproffesional.

1) How can service be distrupted for almost 10 days (now?)? This is not how you make business.
If you rely on one banking partner, and you can be shut down in 2 min then have other options. You have no alternatives ready in case of situations like this.
I'm sure that cards can be transfered to other banks too. Of course it's not quick process, but you have to be prepared in case of crisis.

As someone have noticed, the other service providers like e-coin and coinsbank also use "Wave Crest Holdings" to issue their cards. Their service is fine and customers can use their cards.

IMO: The situation is caused by one of the following points which advcash does not want to tell:

Now since users are able to withdraw 100USD/day, means they made some deal with bank to release some part of funds stored on accounts.

As much as I appreciate yet another bit of speculation, Wave Crest is not a bank in any possible way. It's a payment solution provider and a card vendor, yes, but not a bank. There are no frozen funds there and I can hardly imagine a situation when there can be frozen funds there. It's not a Wave Crest issue and we never said it is. Once again, the news offer enough information to understand what's going on.

The news offers enough information to understand what's going on Huh?? = So once again  = What's going on  Huh?? = Waiting for your answer  

I'm going to stop visiting this thread for a while, it's a waste of precious time that should really be spent on dealing with actual issues, not talking to people who want to talk just for the sake of talking. The problem is described in enough detail in the news, if you don't get it, I'm sorry, there is nothing I can add.

BLAH BLAH BLAH !!!! = The news are saying : there is a problem because we have a problem = can't you understand ahahahhaa

▄███████████████████████████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████████████████████████
██username 12345█████████████████████████████
███▒▒▒▒▒▒▒███████████████████████████████████
██1234567███12345678██12345678███12345678████
████████████████████████████████████████████
████▒▒▒▒▒▒███████████████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████████████████████████▀
CryptoPay

GET IT NOW
AdvancedCash

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2016, 02:39:55 PM

Ok, i haven't digged to see if Wave Crest is bank or not, but it does not matter.

The news does not explain anything.

According to the information we recently received, there are certain bank issues that prevented the transfers to our card partners from going through.

For reasons outside of our control, there have been unexpected complications with receiving the bank transfers we sent several days ago from our bank account to the accounts of our partners, the card vendor and the Visa/MC card withdrawal processor

If this takes almost 10 days, then no "Bank issue" is causing this. Banks never do things like this. It's either some

1) TAXES
2) Some sort of investigation AML/Criminal or other

You say that you are not able to transfer funds? Why aren't you able to transfer funds and fund cards? Clearly there's a reason why this is happening and you don't want to reveal it.

Do you expect every financial institution out there just post everything they can on a public message board for everybody to see? I'm not sure I ever saw that happen. Also, has it occurred to you that maybe we do not have the entire picture ourselves yet and don't want to post nonsense (something some people here have no problem with)? Seriously, I'm going to leave this to you guys, speculate away. When there are actual news on our side, you know where you will be able to find them. Before that, I see other way more productive ways of spending my time than repeating the same thing all over again for people that seem to know everything in the world.
operator55

Activity: 75
Merit: 24

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 02:46:05 PM

Do you expect every financial institution out there just post everything they can on a public message board for everybody to see? I'm not sure I ever saw that happen. Also, has it occurred to you that maybe we do not have the entire picture ourselves yet and don't want to post nonsense (something some people here have no problem with)? Seriously, I'm going to leave this to you guys, speculate away. When there are actual news on our side, you know where you will be able to find them. Before that, I see other way more productive ways of spending my time than repeating the same thing all over again for people that seem to know everything in the world.

Of course i'm aware that you cannot post everything here. I'm trying to point that you're not telling us everything (you dont have to, but users have to know that)
As i said these are speculations for people who are curious what is happening. You don't have to respond to these. Smiley

The issues look like more serious than how you describe them on your website.

As long as things are not clear there will be always speculations.

It would be great if you had any estimation when you expect the platform to be back. 15 days? 30 days?
AdvancedCash

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2016, 02:52:47 PM

Of course i'm aware that you cannot post everything here. I'm trying to point that you're not telling us everything (you dont have to, but users have to know that)
As i said these are speculations for people who are curious what is happening. You don't have to respond to these. Smiley

Honestly, what it says is the news is a very accurate account of what we knew so far for the time it happened. I'm not sure what else could be there to tell. Account numbers and passwords? I believe that was actually pretty straightforward, we described exactly what happened. Believe me, we could have found ways to obscure it with 'infrastructure problems' and 'technical issues' and whatever else there is. We did not. We could not get the funds to the card vendor on time because there is a banking issue, and that's exactly what we said. It's still 100% true. When we arrive at a solution with our banking partners, there will be progress in the situation.
MasterEddy

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 03:05:44 PM

Honestly, what it says is the news is a very accurate account of what we knew so far for the time it happened. I'm not sure what else could be there to tell. Account numbers and passwords? I believe that was actually pretty straightforward, we described exactly what happened. Believe me, we could have found ways to obscure it with 'infrastructure problems' and 'technical issues' and whatever else there is. We did not. We could not get the funds to the card vendor on time because there is a banking issue, and that's exactly what we said. It's still 100% true. When we arrive at a solution with our banking partners, there will be progress in the situation.

To be clear, when an IT platform is working since month/years, the only thing that cause disturbances is when someone makes changes (upgrades, change IPs...) "big changes" in fact. From the bank (they made stuff without advertising you) or you (some upgrades, updates, restores from "too old" backups... ?).

I don't know. I hope too you'll find a solution, no to be unpleasant because I like your services (maybe a misunderstood of what I've said before : I've found an alternative solution with other cards providers, but I prefer yours).

Just keep people informed, even if things are not as good as you expected. People is more pleasant when they know all the story than having no infos and discover them by another way.

Thank you.
MasterEddy

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 03:13:30 PM

And one wish, to increase your great services :

Could you please create for each user, a "static" BTC address for deposits and auto-converts to EUR/USD etc ? (I say that because I'm a miner and I need to push my BTC in a wallet, then after send them to ADVcash when I choose the amount... too many stuff to do to fill an ADVcash wallet).

Of course, users who don't wish to have this options can keep the existing stuff but, since I have nothing to hide, a static BTC address would be better for me.

Thanks in advance Smiley
someoldcoins

Activity: 252
Merit: 105

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 07:03:32 PM

i can't send from wallet to visacard  Huh

under $50
when this will back?
Tekanon

Activity: 1

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 11:22:04 PM

I can't express how unsatisfied I am by this joke of a service.

So here's how it goes

I used my advcash  plastic card without any issues for a couple of months until I eventually hit the maximum allowed limit for non verified users ($2500).

Being unable to use my account after that, I submitted all necessary documents for verification, which took longer than the announced deadline of 2 days (about 1 week) but didn't see that as a problem.

Now the nightmare started after my account was on verified status but still had the same limits in place.

I exchanged at least 50 emails with the support and was eventually told the issue was not on their side but on the card vendor side.

I patiently waited for 2 weeks for the issue to be fixed but the answers were always pointing towards their incapacity to speed up the process and delegating the responsability on their card vendor.

It's been over a month and not only my account limits haven't been raised and I have been unable to touch my funds all this time, but also now the error message has changed from maximum limits reached to transaction error.

They basically disabled my account without any further explanation and told me I could close it after making me lose hours of my time dealing with their incompetence.

Now, I have lost at least $300 in fees moving the money back to BTC and to other wallets and all they gave me was a small $55 compensation fee for cashing out the funds I still had left in my account and are refusing to refund me for the rest of the fees of all the money I have already lost by converting  BTC to USD and back to BTC again .

Now using E-Coin and Xapo and much happier !

So one word of advise, if you're just gonna be using their service for small amounts I guess it's ok, but if you plan to move more money, by all means stay away from them and don't send them your documents.

Just terrible !
omarabid

Activity: 133
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 22, 2016, 09:14:27 AM

advcash has been good so far for me. Running a business in this field of regulatory shenanigans is hard. And you are expected to pay more fees for things that can be free with your bank.

But you are getting your btc converted to master card in 6 confirmations. So that's the deal  Smiley

I'm going to wait 1 more week and see if this resolves otherwise I'm sorry and I have to move somewhere else.

ps: don't leave any money there. I already withdraw my balance and spent the remaining of the cards.
someoldcoins

Activity: 252
Merit: 105

View Profile
April 22, 2016, 09:49:29 AM

okay found a fix
tbz212

Activity: 22

View Profile
April 22, 2016, 10:06:59 AM

Looks like the issue is permanent. The past experience shows that if it can't be solved in 10 days, really unlikely it will be ever solved.
omarabid

View Profile
April 22, 2016, 10:36:19 AM

okay found a fix

What do you mean "found a fix"?
omarabid

View Profile
April 22, 2016, 10:37:06 AM

Looks like the issue is permanent. The past experience shows that if it can't be solved in 10 days, really unlikely it will be ever solved.

yes but i'll give it a few more days just in case.
MasterEddy

View Profile
April 22, 2016, 10:38:20 AM

okay found a fix

What do you mean "found a fix"?

maybe by using another card/another site...
tbz212

Activity: 22

View Profile
April 22, 2016, 10:39:07 AM

I honestly hope that I'm wrong. I like their service.
MasterEddy

View Profile
April 22, 2016, 10:40:53 AM

Me too, but I hope in a near future, they will link the accounts with the cards and no need to "load them"... and also give a permanent BTC address to fill the account (would be great for miners).
After, the service is perfect.
stepeti

Activity: 25

View Profile
April 22, 2016, 11:02:54 AM

Me too, but I hope in a near future, they will link the accounts with the cards and no need to "load them"... and also give a permanent BTC address to fill the account (would be great for miners).

Guys are serious??
Any issue!!!
advcash does not have enough money to sustain our  business!!
Do you remember when their cards  not had any daily load limits?? They where drowning!!!!!!
They stopped services for 7-10 days and then fix daily limit!
Now they do not have enough money to send to card partner!!
...and this is the story!!!
MasterEddy

View Profile
April 22, 2016, 11:05:07 AM

Guys are serious??
Any issue!!!
advcash does not have enough money to sustain our  business!!
Do you remember when their cards  not had any daily load limits?? They where drowning!!!!!!
They stopped services for 7-10 days and then fix daily limit!
Now they do not have enough money to send to card partner!!
...and this is the story!!!

clearly not serious for a "banking" business...
Mig-23
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 22, 2016, 11:10:21 AM

for more than 4 months i use advcash and adv mastercard everything is working very well

a lot of my friends joined too in this site,they have no complain about the service

hope in future the refferal commisions increased
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 ... 93 »
  Print  

Jump to: