Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 01:42:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 ... 129 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Economic Totalitarianism  (Read 345711 times)
username18333

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

Knowledge could but approximate existence.

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2015, 08:32:32 PM

The masses don't love money enough to hoard it (thus the power-law distribution of wealth), yet they need money as a unit-of-exchange (and thus as a unit-of-account and a reasonably stable store-of-value) in order to maximize the division-of-labor which is essential to maximizing production and efficiency (the inexorable march of entropy which can not be reversible per the Second Law of Thermodynamics which Einstein even said was the most fundamental law of nature).

(Einstein on quantum mechanics: "God does not play dice.")

Quote from: Plato, _Euthyphro_, 380 BCE
Soc. We shall know better, my good friend, in a little while. The point which I should first wish to understand is whether the [capital] or [money] is beloved by the [1‱] because it is [money], or [money] because it is beloved of the [1‱].
(Germaneness mine.)
(Red colorization added.)

You still have not addressed "[t]he point" (Plato), Euthyphro.

Escape the plutocrats’ zanpakutō, Flower in the Mirror, Moon on the Water: brave “the ascent which is rough and steep” (Plato).

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TPTB_need_war

Activity: 420
Merit: 257

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 08:38:06 PM

The point which I should first wish to understand is whether the [capital] or [money] is beloved by the [1‱] because it is [money], or [money] because it is beloved of the [1‱].

Can't you fucking read:

Thus the goal is not anti-money, but rather a technological advance into the Knowledge Age wherein capital is knowledge creation which is inherently not a homomorphism to spacetime, thus can't be financed with usury.

generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2015, 08:40:48 PM

I = space + time.

I = spacetime

I am non-trivial, why are you?  Huh

Quote from: University of Victoria (The Department of English), Argument of the Beard, The UVic Writer's Guide, 1995
This is a paradoxical argument which derives from the impossibility of answering the question "How many hairs does a man have to grow before he has a beard?" Since there is no specific number at which an unsightly clump of hairs becomes a beard, the argument is that no useful distinction can be made between a clean-shaven man and Santa Claus.

A "non-trivial investment" in a PoW-coin mining operation is definitively such when it consistently renders unprofitable the execution of an assault on the coin therewith.

(There is not particular point where probability waves become a human; therefore, the "I" is an element of the hyperreal - a symbol that references other symbols (namely, those of a self-concept) yet not the real.) "Non-trivial," however, as "I" used it, indicates that the investment - whatever form it could assume - was of a nature that left imprudent an attempt upon the PoW of the PoW-coin therewith.

I wrote a poem about a man who lived out the idea of being a symbol. https://generalizethis.wordpress.com/2015/07/21/4/ He made one of the most powerful album covers of all time--but I'd hardly call it success. Now Hamlet let it all go and drove himself as far as anyone in his time and probably ever since, but he was smart enough to value his existence in that he talked himself out of suicide by the knowledge that worse nightmares may follow--that's valuing your life. now Socrates was so set on the value of being right that he talked himself into drinking poison--Hamlet was quantum, Socrates was binary. For Hamlet everything was possible and nothing. For Socrates the question became,: If nothing can be proven, then nothing can be certain. Hamlet would have talked Socrates out of suicide only to talk him back into it once he realized Socrates couldn't value anything but the idea of being right, that he couldn't accept that everyone's perception was playing out a quantum cosmos where words, desires, genius, and madness where all singular moments of the observer--all equally valid and equally absurd. So you can keep repeating your mantras, but remember each word has its own histories, presents and futures and we are combining them here, not with the idea that ideas can be pinned down and robbed of their mulltiness, but that thoughts can launch forward to new destinations, new paths, new memes or worse--at least that is why I'm here. Not really sure what your agenda is, not sure i care. If you want to talk about how economic totalitarianism might emerge, you should probably start doing that--I believe corporations will swallow governments and those corporations will be swallowed up by DACs. What is your theory or stance?

username18333

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2015, 08:41:00 PM

Can't you fucking read:

Thus the goal is not anti-money, but rather a technological advance into the Knowledge Age wherein capital is knowledge creation which is inherently not a homomorphism to spacetime, thus can't be financed with usury.

"eloved" (Plato) does not appear anywhere in that post.

Escape the plutocrats’ zanpakutō, Flower in the Mirror, Moon on the Water: brave “the ascent which is rough and steep” (Plato).
TPTB_need_war

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 08:44:01 PM

You got it. Entropy subsumes space-time. The latter is just a "convincing illusion" within certain frames-of-reference within the former.

Thus yes entropy is theoretically reversible as an illusion in a frame-of-reference.

username18333

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2015, 08:45:09 PM
Last edit: July 22, 2015, 09:22:32 PM by username18333

Now Hamlet let it all go and drove himself as far as anyone in his time and probably ever since, but he was smart enough to value his existence in that he talked himself out of suicide by the knowledge that worse nightmares may follow--that's valuing your life.

Quote from: Epicurus (341‒270 BCE)
Death does not concern us, because as long as we exist, death is not here. And when it does come, we no longer exist.

username18333

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2015, 08:48:25 PM

You got it. Entropy subsumes space-time.

Entropy is a logarithmic measure of multiplicity. Multiplicity referes to the number of microstates a system could assume that would, ultimately, precipitate a given macrostate. Thus, a space (Euclidean, Hilbert, or otherwise) is presumed with "[e]ntropy" (TPTB_need_war), not "subsum[ed]" (TPTB_need_war), for, therewithout, the system would not exist to bare states (neither micro- nor macro-).

TPTB_need_war

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 08:52:30 PM

You got it. Entropy subsumes space-time.

Entropy is a logarithmic measure of multiplicity. Multiplicity referes to the number of microstates a system could assume that would, ultimately, precipitate a given macrostate. Thus, a space (Euclidean, Hilbert, or otherwise) is presumed with "[e]ntropy" (TPTB_need_war), not "subsum[ed]" (TPTB_need_war), for, therewithout, the system would not exist to bare states (neither micro- nor macro-).

Space-time refers to a 4D space. Entropy knows no such limit in dimension. It is dimensionless and occupies all dimensions simultaneously. Choose your illusion (space) frame-of-reference.

username18333

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2015, 08:56:20 PM

Space-time refers to a 4D space. Entropy knows no such limit in dimension. It is dimensionless and occupies all dimensions simultaneously. Choose your illusion (space) frame-of-reference.

Do you care to elaborate on the nature of (your) "[e]ntropy" (TPTB_need_war) as it exists to a Hilbert space (which is the space of this universe as it is modelled in "Cosmology from Quantum Potential")?

generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2015, 09:01:16 PM

Quote from: Epicurus
Death does not concern us, because as long as we exist, death is not here. And when it does come, we no longer exist.

Did epicurus come back from the dead to tell you this? Or did he make a big old fat presumption without any evidence? If there is no sense of time when you pass, you could very easily be trapped in what seems an eternal state (very easily a nightmare state) though physically to the outside observer this moment could be less than fractions of a second. Why don't you go test it and tell me what you find?

username18333

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2015, 09:06:21 PM

Did epicurus come back from the dead to tell you this? Or did he make a big old fat presumption without any evidence? If there is no sense of time when you pass, you could very easily be trapped in what seems an eternal state (very easily a nightmare state) though physically to the outside observer this moment could be less than fractions of a second. Why don't you go test it and tell me what you find?

Quote from: David Konstan, “Epicurus,” Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy, 2014
[Epicurus] regarded the unacknowledged fear of death and punishment as the primary cause of anxiety among human beings, and anxiety in turn as the source of extreme and irrational desires.

Because nothing exists beyond my own mind.  Shocked

generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2015, 09:09:26 PM

Quote from: David Konstan, “Epicurus,” Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy, 2014
[Epicurus] regarded the unacknowledged fear of death and punishment as the primary cause of anxiety among human beings, and anxiety in turn as the source of extreme and irrational desires.

Because nothing exists beyond my own mind.  Shocked

Doesn't disprove what I just said, nor Hamlet's fear.  Wink

username18333

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2015, 09:10:22 PM

Doesn't disprove what I just said, nor Hamlet's fear.  Wink

Yours is an unfalsifiable hypothesis: it is equivalent to claiming that, at death, one becomes Russel's teapot.

generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2015, 09:13:45 PM

Doesn't disprove what I just said, nor Hamlet's fear.  Wink

Yours is an unfalsifiable hypothesis.

And so is epi's' theory on death.  Roll Eyes Maybe when there is more science on death we'll know. Maybe. Can we get back on topic, now? Or am i gonna have to ignore you?

username18333

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2015, 09:17:14 PM
Last edit: July 22, 2015, 09:37:46 PM by username18333

And so is [Epicurus'] theory on death.  Roll Eyes Maybe when there is more science on death we'll know. Maybe.

Epicurus found that the "oneself" of one now dead does not, in any perceptible way, exist. You found that another can claim it does without any evidence thereof.

Can we get back on topic, now? Or am i gonna have to ignore you?

No, anytime you fellows are faced with genuine queries about the root causes of the subject of this thread, you "run for the [tangents]." Until such a time as you acknowledge your fear of death and punishment, you will never return - no matter how much you feign an interest in so doing - to the subject of this thread but, instead, will continue to belay it as you have here.

illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 09:23:24 PM

4a) Ideas that EACH of us might be able to do to defend ourselves from abusive .gov trying to take ever-more of our hard-earned money...

A person was arrested and his Bitcoins taken for buying and selling Bitcoins (could've been any of us), the charges were later dropped, but the confiscated funds won't be returned. The lesson to be learned is to not store your passwords anywhere else but your head (or at least not in any place you own or regularly visit), and employ plausible deniability:

On the day I was arrested at my client's office in front of my client and all my co-workers they did not have to tell me why I was being arrested - sealed arrest warrant.
That same day they searched our house and did not have to tell us what they were looking for - sealed search warrant.
After being arrested in front of my client, which was a nice touch as they immediately terminated our contract, they took me to our house.  I was taken aback by the number of cars so I made a point of counting them, 22.
The neighbors who watch the whole thing but failed to take any video (darn) counted up to 35 agents involved in the search.
They were very thorough even searching the entire attic and crawl space, every book, etc.  It took my wife weeks to get the house put back together.  Imagine up to 35 people searching you house for hours, they had the manpower and time to search just about everywhere.
During the search they got into my safe containing all of my physical Bitcoins and other Bitcoin related stuff.
Since I was not doing anything wrong I never expected to be shaken down in this way. 
My security threat profile was common burglary and my main concern was making sure my wife would be able to sell the Bitcoins in the event of my death.  So, the the vast majority of my Bitcoins were kept in a Trezor Bitcoin safe with the seed words kept off-site.
After searching my house for many hours and not finding what they were looking for, but taking every computer and electronic memory device they could get their hands on, they phoned in a search warrant for my office, which was granted.
Upon searching my office they found my off-site paper backup of the seed words for the Trezor which were there with retrieval instruction in the case of my death.  They took all of our corporate computers and left.
The rest is, as they say, history.

Food for thought:  my attorney informed me that they can and sometime do put people in jail until they turn over a password.  So in reality your passwords are only as safe as your willingness to spend time in jail over them.  After spending 3 days and 2 nights in solitary confinement (in the SHU at the federal detention center) I can tell you that most people will crack in pretty short order.  It boring beyond comprehension.

Part of the total cost shown on my wife's web site ($284,373.00) was the cost of replacing all of the computers and cell phones we needed in order for our business to keep operating.  Of course once we get all the computers back we will then have more computers and phones than we know what to do with.  Anyone want to buy a used computer that was under government control for nine months?
generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2015, 09:28:57 PM

And so is [Epicurus'] theory on death.  Roll Eyes Maybe when there is more science on death we'll know. Maybe.

Epicurus found that one dead does not, in any perceptible way, exist. You found that one can claim it does without any evidence thereof.

if you are caught in a singularity between the moment of death and life, does epi's distinction matter to you--the one caught? He was observing the animate and the inanimate without any knowledge of time varying states or quantum states. I once experienced first hand a time sense shift when I had a syrian rue overdose and seconds seemed to last minutes and hours days--pretty fucking horrible--i imagine death can gum up the works worse when it is taking hold--but I don't have first hand knowledge and don't know anyone who has come back from the dead--maybe I'll ask jesus if epi was correct.

Both epi and my own theory will have to be kept in the un-provable collection bin until we know more about the brain and death. I will not respond anymore as this is way OT. PM me if you want.

OROBTC (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1852

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 09:34:27 PM

generalize, username, TPTB

When the topic get so O/T and is full of obscure words that only philosophy majors know, I just allow my eyes to cloud over while reading them, and let my mind drift.

Sort of a cheap way to get a little rest around here.  Smiley
TPTB_need_war

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 10:08:12 PM

Do you care to elaborate on the nature of (your) "[e]ntropy" (TPTB_need_war) as it exists to a Hilbert space (which is the space of this universe as it is modelled in "Cosmology from Quantum Potential")?

Where is boundary on your entropy from which you can enumerate a space?

Your answer is your illusion.

TPTB_need_war

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 10:10:40 PM
Last edit: July 22, 2015, 10:53:53 PM by TPTB_need_war

When the topic get so O/T and is full of obscure words that only philosophy majors know, I just allow my eyes to cloud over while reading them, and let my mind drift.

We are talking about the fact that no one could see everything in the universe (and not even on earth) in real-time, because the speed-of-light would need to be infinite (because even the transmission of the signal about what was happening away from you would need to be instantaneous).

But if the speed-of-light was infinite, past and present and future would be the same thing (would not be distinct).

Thus space-time (friction) is an illusion we require, else we would not exist.

You see Einstein wasn't lying when he said death is but merely a convincing illusion (because the choice of boundary on entropy is arbitrary...and the other choices are in those black holes where past, present, and future collapsed into nothing from the frame-of-reference of our space-time choice...thus the definition of the soul is arbitrary and by definition can't be falsifiable).

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 ... 129 »
  Print  

Jump to: