Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 01:46:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 [311] 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 ... 446 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do Atheists Hate Religion?  (Read 901265 times)
audaciousbeing

Activity: 1330
Merit: 569

View Profile
October 13, 2016, 05:14:55 PM

I've been reading this thread for a while, thought it was time I posted in it.

I'm Catholic by birth but an Atheist by choice.

I don't hate religion but there are certain aspects of religions that I do not like eg. intolerance of others, inequality of the sexes etc.

I do hate people who try to force their religion upon you in the same way that I hate anyone trying to force their opinion onto someone else. Everyone should have the freedom to choose what they believe and others should be respectful of another person's choices regardless of whether they believe the same or not.

I agree that your reasons are valid and I feel the same thing and also holding to your position but myself on the other hand I am not an Atheist and I don't think Atheist hates religion they hated the way its being practiced because I have met quite a number of them who are honest, straight forward and even patriotic and wont even converts whats not theirs compared to the "religious" people.

Another reason why people also thinks Atheist hates religion is because they have reasons for that thing a religious person will call FAITH for example praying to be rich without working.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TicTacTic

Activity: 250
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 13, 2016, 05:19:09 PM

And who said that atheists hate religion? They do not recognize and have every right to be. In addition, they laugh with normal people who in the 20th century believe in fairy tales.
simpler2016

Activity: 293

View Profile
October 13, 2016, 05:32:34 PM

And who said that atheists hate religion? They do not recognize and have every right to be. In addition, they laugh with normal people who in the 20th century believe in fairy tales.

That's it. Atheists care about religion. They did not try to prove to anyone, just live and enjoy life
virtualx

Activity: 672
Merit: 507

LOTEO

View Profile
October 13, 2016, 06:39:16 PM

That's it. Atheists care about religion. They did not try to prove to anyone, just live and enjoy life

Atheist: a person who denies or disbelieves the existence of a supreme being or beings.

Most of the atheists I met were very fanatic, similar to fanatic theists. They were extremists in their own way, they were very confident with their idea and try to convince the believers. The believers try to convince the atheist in turn. It's a great show to watch two of these arguing when none of them wants to change their opinion, also a great way to ruin parties  Cheesy

...loteo...
DIGITAL ERA LOTTERY

r

▄▄███████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄███████████████████████▄
▄██████████████████████████▄
▄██  ███████▌ ▐██████████████▄
▐██▌ ▐█▀  ▀█    ▐█▀   ▀██▀  ▀██▌
▐██  █▌ █▌ ██  ██▌ ██▌ █▌ █▌ ██▌
▐█▌ ▐█ ▐█ ▐█▌ ▐██  ▄▄▄██ ▐█ ▐██▌
▐█  ██▄  ▄██    █▄    ██▄  ▄███▌
▀████████████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████▀▀
r

RPLAY NOWR
BE A MOON VISITOR!
[/center]
Indijanos

Activity: 148
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 13, 2016, 10:36:27 PM

Atheists "hate" religion because they see it as something primitive

BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3780
Merit: 1373

View Profile
October 13, 2016, 11:09:25 PM

Atheists hate religion because they don't realize that the controls and limits religious laws place on people actually help peopl to live better lives. Rather, atheists think that they are being stolen from by religion, when all the time religion is trying to discipline them so that they can live a better life.

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
TooQik

Activity: 337
Merit: 258

View Profile
October 14, 2016, 12:33:35 AM

Most of the atheists I met were very fanatic, similar to fanatic theists. They were extremists in their own way, they were very confident with their idea and try to convince the believers. The believers try to convince the atheist in turn.
It's not hard to see why some atheists would behave this way. The ancient religions of the world promote their followers to actively engage others not of their faith to convert. In the past it was either convert or be killed. These days the killing part has been replaced largely by "be ridiculed", although you still see many examples of killing still occurring.

I don't condone anyone actively seeking to convert others. As per my previous post, it shows a basic lack of respect for another person.

If people choice to have an open discussion about the subject though, that's a different story, but people still need to respect each other and rather than attack the person directly, which unfortunately occurs quite often, they need to discuss their reasoning for their beliefs.

Atheists hate religion because they don't realize that the controls and limits religious laws place on people actually help peopl to live better lives. Rather, atheists think that they are being stolen from by religion, when all the time religion is trying to discipline them so that they can live a better life.

Cool
I agree that some people do become better people within society after discovering religion but these people are usually struggling internally with their own demons and turning to religion is their last hope. What about the people who don't need religion to be in control of their lives. What exactly is a "better life" for these people?

Religion isn't stealing anything from me as I have chosen not to follow any religion (and yes I'm aware that you think Atheism is a religion, but I don't share this stance). By freeing myself from religion I'm able to explore and learn without constraints.
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
October 14, 2016, 01:38:59 AM

Cool
I agree that some people do become better people within society after discovering religion but these people are usually struggling internally with their own demons and turning to religion is their last hope. What about the people who don't need religion to be in control of their lives. What exactly is a "better life" for these people?

Religion isn't stealing anything from me as I have chosen not to follow any religion (and yes I'm aware that you think Atheism is a religion, but I don't share this stance). By freeing myself from religion I'm able to explore and learn without constraints.

Examine the good things around you. Get out into the country and watch the clouds for a day, and the stars for a night. Beautiful. Religion offers hope that you will see these and better things in the next life, that you won't lose them when you die. When such hope is believed, most of life can become joyful. Health improves, and even poor health is made more acceptable. Find the right religion offering a future life, and you will even gain that future life.

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
Bear Wire

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 14, 2016, 03:45:18 AM

Religion divides people & facilitates war & strife. 

Religion is used as an excuse to enslave others & invade countries.

It is used to control women & their bodies.

The Old Testament is over 5000 years old; the New Testament is over 2000 years old.

Religion is still barbaric. 

Dark Ages are over.  Maybe that's why Atheists & Agnostics dislike religion.
TooQik

View Profile
October 14, 2016, 04:19:16 AM

Cool

Examine the good things around you. Get out into the country and watch the clouds for a day, and the stars for a night. Beautiful. Religion offers hope that you will see these and better things in the next life, that you won't lose them when you die. When such hope is believed, most of life can become joyful. Health improves, and even poor health is made more acceptable. Find the right religion offering a future life, and you will even gain that future life.

Cool

You're making the assumption that non-religious people don't already do these things, so how would finding any religion, least of all the "right religion", benefit the people that do in anyway?

You've also mentioned one of the main points about most religions that I find detracts from our current existence, the promise of eternal life. Our current existence becomes more meaningful without this promise. Life should not be treated like a rewards program. Act how you'd like to be treated yourself today instead of sinning then begging for absolution from your forgiving deity.
dippididodaday

Activity: 441
Merit: 278

It's personal

View Profile
October 14, 2016, 04:55:15 AM

Death is finalperiod If people pay their last respects to the dead upon burial (or ash), how much more should we, the people, pay our respects to each other - all of whom are still alive today, and able to enjoy the fullness that life offers?

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
October 14, 2016, 05:44:03 AM

Death is finalperiod If people pay their last respects to the dead upon burial (or ash), how much more should we, the people, pay our respects to each other - all of whom are still alive today, and able to enjoy the fullness that life offers?

Now consider what I am saying very carefully. Life and the universe are complex. Nobody, no scientist or anyone else has any real idea how this universe came to be. The things about Big Bang and Evolution are guesses. But even if they weren't guesses, there is such complexity in it all that we would have only the barest of  ideas how it all worked. Here is what I am saying.

As far as we understand the universe and life, it is impossible. The only reason why we know that the universe and life are possible is because they are here, and we are living them. But we don't really have a clue about how they could exist. They are impossible as far as our understanding goes.

The point? In the same way that we don't understand how the universe and life can be possible, so we don't know for sure that the resurrection is impossible. Perhaps the resurrection is built into nature, and we simply haven't found it yet. We can guess either way, but we really don't know.

Cool

TooQik

View Profile
October 14, 2016, 06:02:21 AM

Nobody, no scientist or anyone else has any real idea how this universe came to be.
Are you now admitting that you don't know how the universe came to be? That would seem to go against your core beliefs that you often post about on this forum.

Life and the universe are complex.
Personally I think it's all rather simple, everything is energy and in a constant state of transition from one form of energy to another. Just because we don't currently understand the how and why does not mean that we'll never be able to understand it.
Buffer Overflow
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1015

View Profile
October 14, 2016, 09:22:16 AM

Nobody, no scientist or anyone else has any real idea how this universe came to be.
Are you now admitting that you don't know how the universe came to be? That would seem to go against your core beliefs that you often post about on this forum.
His core beliefs are just blind guesses. Big bang and evolution are theories. Theories are stronger than guesses. Of course that doesn't mean they are correct, that's why they are called theories.
Even if tomorrow someone gave us 100% irrefutable proof big bang and evolution were correct, do you think BADlogic would roll over and admit he got it all wrong? Of course not.  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
He's not interested in the truth; just his flawed nonsense.

Just ignore him. You cannot educate a clown that refuses to be educated.

Berns

Activity: 290

View Profile
October 14, 2016, 01:59:55 PM

The Church loses its power because rages. In Islam more people because this religion is practiced by many uneducated countries. Atheism still wins.
Perle

Activity: 262

View Profile
October 14, 2016, 02:49:53 PM

I think that now even the clergy don't believe in God. View what scandals always arise with them. And people see all this and gradually open your eyes.
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
October 14, 2016, 04:09:47 PM

What are you even talking about? Where have I ever said anything about the way or methods that God used to create the universe? The closest that we have to God's methods is that He spoke some details of the formation of the Earth and life on it into being. God is a spirit. How does a spirit speak? I never expressed how God speaks.

Life and the universe are complex.
Personally I think it's all rather simple, everything is energy and in a constant state of transition from one form of energy to another.
We all seem to have the ability to think things. It is a wonderful thing that we can think. Now lets think in ways that show us the truth, rather than simply making up ideas with out thought.

Just because we don't currently understand the how and why does not mean that we'll never be able to understand it.

This doesn't mean that we will ever be able to understand it, either. Consider a leaf on a tree as it sways in the sunlight with the breeze. Countless trillions of air electrons and atoms bump into each other. They move from place to place, bumping into atoms and molecules of the leaf. Energy waves change the movements of the air and the leaf. But we are not really even close to tracking even one atom in this movement, or one energy wave. And it might take tracking them all in detail, simultaneously, to begin to understand the methods of creation. Will we ever be able to understand any of this? We don't even have any real hint of how to do so as things stand right now.

Cool

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
October 14, 2016, 04:28:09 PM

His core beliefs are just blind guesses. Big bang and evolution are theories. Theories are stronger than guesses. Of course that doesn't mean they are correct, that's why they are called theories.
Even if tomorrow someone gave us 100% irrefutable proof big bang and evolution were correct, do you think BADlogic would roll over and admit he got it all wrong? Of course not.  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
He's not interested in the truth; just his flawed nonsense.

Just ignore him. You cannot educate a clown that refuses to be educated.

His (BADecker's) core beliefs lie in the Bible record. Why is the Bible a record? We can see from the Dead Sea Scrolls, and from other ancient sources, that the Hebrew scribes copied the Bible accurately from the time that it happened.

Why is this important? It is important because it is powerful. There is no power like it. There is no explanation of how they could have had the strength and the stubbornness to do something like this. Look into it from a scientific standpoint. Such accurate copying is a miracle to even exist.

In addition, the first 5 books of the Bible were written by a guy - Moses - who was in the early parts of his life - about 40 years - a prince of Egypt. Egypt was The Great Nation in those days - 3,500 years ago. They held the writings of the world in their libraries, and Moses, as a prince, had access to it all. So, he had the best knowledge of how everything came into existence, right from the beginning, as recorded by those that were there right after God created. And Moses could review and determine which of the writings were fake, and which were real.

The knowledge Moses had was only part of the strength of the record. The strength continues in the fact of the miracles that Moses performed at the direction of God, as he led approximately 2 million Israelite people out of Egypt at the Exodus.

The Dead sea Scrolls show that the writings are accurate. The writings record the power of Moses in the miracles he did. The knowledge of Moses is accurate because truth is on his side; you can see it in the moral and psychological things he wrote. The fact that Israel still exists today, and is one of the greatest nations of the world small as it is, and that they uphold the writings of Moses actively, and that there is no other nation that upholds their ancient writings with nearly the strength of Israel, shows us that there is power there beyond our understanding.

Science fails because they do not want to succeed with the truth.

Cool

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
October 14, 2016, 04:36:30 PM

The Church loses its power because rages. In Islam more people because this religion is practiced by many uneducated countries. Atheism still wins.

Here is how atheism wins.

Jesus took the sins of the whole world on Himself when He died on the cross. Then He died. But He arose from the dead in 3 days. The new life that He has is one that can never die. He has been alive in that power for something like 1970 years.

Since there is nothing else to punish, since Jesus took it all, the only thing that is left is that nature has to run its course, and all people have to die. And then, since there is nothing else to punish, all people will rise, just like Jesus, with Jesus-life, at the resurrection.

The atheists, because they have decided to reject God, will be rejected. But, in their new life, they will never die, just like Jesus. Their rejection of God will get them tossed into the Lake of Fire to be tormented forever, because after the resurrection, they will never be able to die again.

Atheism. A way to life forever... in excruciating torment.

Cool

RoomBot
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1123

View Profile
October 14, 2016, 04:57:35 PM

Religion divides people & facilitates war & strife. 

Religion is used as an excuse to enslave others & invade countries.

It is used to control women & their bodies.

The Old Testament is over 5000 years old; the New Testament is over 2000 years old.

Religion is still barbaric. 

Dark Ages are over.  Maybe that's why Atheists & Agnostics dislike religion.

I could not agree more, because that is an exact quote of mine from earlier in this thread.

Thanks for the bump.  Next time consider some attribution.
Pages: « 1 ... 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 [311] 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 ... 446 »
  Print  

Jump to: