Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 02:45:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 [267] 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 ... 446 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do Atheists Hate Religion?  (Read 901257 times)
iqlimasyadiqa
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1011

View Profile
May 05, 2016, 02:15:51 AM

everyone has an opinion and way of thought patterns, respectively. and any suggestion it should be mutually respected.
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 1368

View Profile
May 05, 2016, 02:23:59 AM

everyone has an opinion and way of thought patterns, respectively. and any suggestion it should be mutually respected.

People should be respected because they are people. Their opinions and suggestions should not necessarily be respected. If a person aligns himself with an opinion in an extremely strong way, he might start to become his opinion.

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
Moloch

Activity: 798
Merit: 722

View Profile
May 05, 2016, 03:56:43 AM

Come and see the proof that God exists. Combine cause and effect with complexity with entropy and see that the way these work in our universe prove that God exists.

Let's say, hypothetically, that you could somehow prove the universe had a creator...

Can you prove it was only 1 god, and not 3 or 50 gods working together?

Can you prove it was not the Invisible Pink Unicorn, or the Flying Spaghetti Monster?

Can you prove the universe was created by the Christian God?

Thank God that science and logic are proving things that I might not be able to prove.

Why bother replying if you neither answer any of the questions, nor provide your "proof that god exists"?

Did you even read it, or just pull a random response out of a hat?

Are you a bot?  Can you provide evidence that you are not a robot?
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
May 05, 2016, 05:01:33 AM

Come and see the proof that God exists. Combine cause and effect with complexity with entropy and see that the way these work in our universe prove that God exists.

Let's say, hypothetically, that you could somehow prove the universe had a creator...

Can you prove it was not the Invisible Pink Unicorn, or the Flying Spaghetti Monster?

Thank God that science and logic are proving things that I might not be able to prove.

Why bother replying if you neither answer any of the questions, nor provide your "proof that god exists"?

"Me Moloch. Me want this and this and this."

Kiss

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
Moloch

View Profile
May 05, 2016, 07:17:49 AM

I feel like debating a brick wall would be more productive...

Why are you here?

Do you enjoy spending all day trolling like a 12 year old?
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
May 05, 2016, 01:33:19 PM

Why are you here?

Since you are not in the productive mode, perhaps you should debate a wall.

If you wanted to be productive, you would not be an atheist, or at least would not promote it.

Twelve and under know God is a fact, even though they might parrot atheists.

Cool

Moloch

View Profile
May 05, 2016, 05:33:05 PM

Why are you here?

If you wanted to be productive, you would not be an atheist, or at least would not promote it.

Why do you hate atheists so much that you literally spend 24/7 on here trolling us, and spreading your ignorant hatred?
BitNow
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2016, 06:19:26 PM

Why do you hate atheists so much that you literally spend 24/7 on here trolling us, and spreading your ignorant hatred?

He's a sinner and he needs to die, like me in this particular period of my Life, however he raised a good point: if you like insisting so much on this issue you may consider becoming a priest.

Thank You for the clarification.

Best regards.

▐█████▄
            ▐█████████        ▄▄▄
            ▐████  ▐█████   ▀▀▀  █▌
            ▐███  ▐███████      ▐█▌
            ▐██▌   ▀█████▀     ▐█▀
       ▂▄▄▐██▌     ▀▀▀      ▐█▌
    ▐██████████████▄▄▄▄▄     ▄█▌
  ▐███       ▐███▀▀█████▄▄▄ ▐██
   ▐█▌        ▐███    ▀▀▀███████▄▄▄
    ▀▀▀        ▐███        ▐██▀█████▄▄
                ▐███      ▐██▌    ▀▀███▄▄
                 ▐███    ▐██▌  ▄▄▄▄▄  ███▄
         ▄████▄   ▐██▌  ▐███  ▐███████████
       ▐████████▌  ▐██▌▐██▌   ▐████████▀▀
        ▀██████▀    ▐████▀     ▀████▀
         ▐███▀     ▄█▐███
        ▐███▀   ▄████▌▀███
        ▐██████████▀    ▐█▌    █
         ▀████▀▀         ▐█▌  ██
                           ▀▀▀▀

▶  TELEGRAM
▶  BITCOINTALK
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
May 05, 2016, 10:14:37 PM

Why are you here?

Why do you hate the truth so much that you want to throw away your salvation that I constantly offer to you? That's your own hate bouncing back at you.

Cool

sirazimuth
Legendary

Activity: 3346
Merit: 3485

born once atheist

View Profile
May 05, 2016, 11:13:11 PM
Last edit: May 06, 2016, 12:03:44 AM by sirazimuth

*snip* tldr

God loves you. That's why you and most people won't live more than about 100 years. God doesn't want you to have to live in the pain and problems.

The thing that God is trying to do with all of us is to get us to do good. The best good we can do is to believe in His salvation that He has prepared for us in Jesus, His Son. The next is to teach others about this same salvation. The third is to do literal good to people in this life.

Accepting life and religion the way God has prepared it for us, will bring us into the New Heavens and the New Earth, a life with God in joy and glory and love and peace and righteousness, forever.

Am I being pessimistic when I say that I expect that you will remain in your religion of "anti-religionism?"

Cool

Tell my one good deed that i cant do because i dont believe all your superstitious bible nonsense.
i ABSOLUTLY agree with your 3rd point "do literal good to people in this life".
but why do i need to believe in your magic imaginary sky fairy to accomplish this?
Atheists can and do indeed do all the good things a believer can do, they just dont dont need to get approval from
a non existant mythical god.
Okay. So you don't understand that science and nature have proven that God exists, and you are unwilling to look at the evidence for this fact.

Perhaps you absolutely COULD look at the evidence and understand for yourself that God exists. This is one good work you are not doing.

The most important good work that you can't do by not believing is, you can't set yourself into position whereby you will obtain eternal life. This is the best good work that anyone can do. And why should I explain why? Waste my time.

Sometimes I laugh at people like you who cling to ancient beliefs in gods in the hopes of some after life
in some utopian garden of eden heaven fairy tale.
or whatever it is that religion does to float your boat. But then it makes me sad. Why? Why do people
believe in this absurd silliness?
It really baffles me that in this day and age of modern science that perfectly intelligent people who will
profess to obviously not believe in fairys and lepracauns, unicorns and Santa Claus and the easter bunny
 but still believe in rising from the dead, immaculate conception, talking snakes and bushes flying horses, noahs arc, adam and eve and other bible nonsense.
Hey, man. It is acceptable that you don't accept eternal life. And since you have set yourself into your way of not allowing yourself to be shown the "stuff" regarding salvation, I guess it won't be until the resurrection and the judgment that you will find out.

However, I commend you for taking the time to be mirthful. If you don't change and understand that God exists, and then believe what He tells you in religion, you need to get all the joy you can while you live here, because that will be it for you and joy.

Hey tell me where is this Heaven anyway? What do people do in heaven? Do they have jobs? drive cars?
live in a house? Hey are there churches in heaven? Are you allowed to drink in heaven?
I mean if you are there for eternity it seems to me you need to do something besides praying all day long.
Perhaps you are blind. But if you are not, look up at the sky at night and see part of the heavens of this universe. The Heaven of Heavens is much more glorious than this.

Dude, let it go man. Stop deluding yourself.
belief without valid reason is valid reason not to believe.

In addition, all our machinery comes from the big machine that is the universe... which machine is way beyond anything that we presently understand, and certainly beyond what we can make. Our machines are made by some person or groups of people. But machine universe is made by God.

"The most curious social convention of the great age in which we live is the one to the effect that religious opinions should be respected."
-- H L Mencken, in American Mercury (March, 1930)

"For ages, a deadly conflict has been waged between a few brave men and women of thought and genius upon the one side, and the great ignorant
religious mass on the other. This is the war between Science and Faith. The few have appealed to reason, to honor, to law, to freedom, to the known,
and to happiness here in this world. The many have appealed to prejudice, to fear, to miracle, to slavery, to the unknown, and to misery hereafter.
The few have said, "Think!" The many have said, "Believe!"

Robert  Ingersoll

If believing in God was a form of blind faith, perhaps theists would be some of the most pathetic people around. But since God is proven in many ways in heart and soul, in addition to the ones I mentioned above, faith turns out to be believing in what God has told us rather than in His existence. Thus, faith is not blind faith.

Wake up while you still have time.

Cool
show me one shred of scientific evidence that your imaginary god exists.
just one. im not holding my breath.
you talk about this evidence but so far you have demonstrated zilch, which is hardly surprising because there isnt any.
oh and BTW  ... a 2000 year old book written by a bunch of goat herders doesnt count.
If believing in God was is a form of blind faith, perhaps theists would be are some of the most pathetic people around.
fify

seriously dude, go read up on  some real science.
Wake up while you still have time?
are you shitting me?
(face palm)

The Atheists Pledge of Allegiance....
(anon)

I Pledge Allegiance to the flag of the United States of America and to the Republic for which it stands,
one Nation under an imaginary deity-figure that was created by ancient men and used to this very day
to control the masses by preventing any sort of intelligent freethought and limiting freedoms, and belief
in whom has caused countless atrocities throughout the world, and whose human son/savior-figure was
actually borrowed from other religions, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all

Bitcoin...the future of all monetary transactions...and always will be
RoomBot
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1123

View Profile
May 06, 2016, 02:24:19 AM

Atheists don't hate religion... religion hates atheists

Well done!
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
May 06, 2016, 04:44:41 AM

show me one shred of scientific evidence that your imaginary god exists.
just one. im not holding my breath.
you talk about this evidence but so far you have demonstrated zilch, which is hardly surprising because there isnt any.
You really need to get out more. If you would get out to the country, enter a forest, view the night skiy from a countryside, visit a farm, you would see the proofs for God all over the place.

oh and BTW  ... a 2000 year old book written by a bunch of goat herders doesnt count.
If you studied the Bible and the history surrounding how it came into being, you would see that it can't exist. But it does. It is a miracle that only God can do.

If believing in God was is a form of blind faith, perhaps theists would be are some of the most pathetic people around.
fify
Understanding that God exists from science and nature isn't faith. It is knowledge. Believing in God has to do with believing what He promises in the Bible.

seriously dude, go read up on  some real science.
Wake up while you still have time?
are you shitting me?
(face palm)
No, you are shitting yourself. It (the shit) was in your hand when you did that face-palm thing.

The Atheists Pledge of Allegiance....
(anon)

I Pledge Allegiance to the flag of the United States of America and to the Republic for which it stands,
one Nation under an imaginary deity-figure that was created by ancient men and used to this very day
to control the masses by preventing any sort of intelligent freethought and limiting freedoms, and belief
in whom has caused countless atrocities throughout the world, and whose human son/savior-figure was
actually borrowed from other religions, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all

Since...
science proves God exists...
nature proves God exists...
scientists believe their theory probability because they are grasping at straws trying to disprove God...
atheism acts like religion that is self-contradictory...
why don't you come to the truth of God and the Bible before it is too late for you?

Cool

Moloch

View Profile
May 06, 2016, 07:10:45 AM

QOTD: "When it comes to tithing... I throw a bunch of dollars into the air, and let God take what he needs... the rest I stick back in my pocket"
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
May 06, 2016, 12:47:36 PM

QOTD: "When it comes to tithing... I throw a bunch of dollars into the air, and let God take what he needs... the rest I stick back in my pocket"

Wow! There you go again, almost formally stating that you think that you are God. Are you really waking up to the fact that atheists are setting themselves up as gods when they state that God doesn't exist?

Cool

BitNow
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2016, 02:23:07 PM

Wow! There you go again, almost formally stating that you think that you are God. Are you really waking up to the fact that atheists are setting themselves up as gods when they state that God doesn't exist?

Cool

A Moloch is a demon: user Moloch is not an atheist.
"And thou shalt not let any of thy seed pass through the fire to Molech, neither shalt thou profane the name of thy God: I am the LORD."
- Lev 18:21
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moloch

Open your eyes and stop blaming the wrong people.

Best regards.

▐█████▄
            ▐█████████        ▄▄▄
            ▐████  ▐█████   ▀▀▀  █▌
            ▐███  ▐███████      ▐█▌
            ▐██▌   ▀█████▀     ▐█▀
       ▂▄▄▐██▌     ▀▀▀      ▐█▌
         ▐███▀     ▄█▐███
        ▐███▀   ▄████▌▀███
        ▐██████████▀    ▐█▌    █
         ▀████▀▀         ▐█▌  ██
                           ▀▀▀▀

▶  TELEGRAM
▶  BITCOINTALK
sirazimuth
Legendary

born once atheist

View Profile
May 07, 2016, 07:01:44 PM
Last edit: October 24, 2021, 01:14:16 AM by sirazimuth

So Jesus and Moses were hanging out in heaven, totally bored (what a surprise)
So Jesus says "dude, I'm sick of this shit, lets go downstairs to earth where the real action is and have some fun.
Lets go do miracles!"
Moses with a gleam in his eye, replies "oh I'm there dude! lets do it man, I still have my chops! So, how 'bout we head to the old holy land .?
Maybe even find a talking bush and set it on fire! But I ain't wandering in the desert for forty years! It's too frikkin hot and these sandals give me blisters."
So... (you always start a good story with "so" these days.  "AND SO" if its religious babble...I mean Bible nonsense)....  
So, Jesus is like "cool bro, how 'bout you grab that big ole staff of yours and you part the Red Sea just for shitz 'n giggles!?"
So, Moses is like "oh yeah, and then you walk across the water, and maybe even leap over the big ole chasm I make!
oh, and don't forget to to turn the water into a couple a jugs of wine cuz we're gonna partaaaay brother!! (none of that Riunite shit though)
"Sounds like a plan my man!" replies the true messiah himself.
AND SO.. They headed down to earth and they arrive at holy land beach.
AND SO... Moses turns towards the Red Sea, and lifts his staff on high, and spreads his arms to the heavens.
AND SO... The angels began to sing and the gentle sea breeze turned into a raging gale, and the waters of the Red Sea were parted.
AND THEN... Moses lowered his arms,
AND...with a smug grin on his face, turned back to face Jesus. OK dude, your turn, lets see you do your thing!
AND SO... with a flourish of his robes, Jesus steps onto the waters of the Red Sea and begins to stride across without so much as a ripple.
 "Check it out bro! now I'm gonna walk out on water, run and jump over the giant part in the Red Sea you just made! woo hoo "
But to Moses' bewilderment, halfway across the water, just as Jesus gets up to leaping speed, with each step taken, he slowly starts sinking into the water!
Moses watches with horror as his buddy, the Savior, the son of God himself, the true Messiah, is now splashing and flailing helplessly in the drink!
Poor Jesus begins to choke, while the waves toss him around, like a waterlogged rag doll.
AND SO...Moses, upon seeing his side kick, the almighty Messiah, clearly in trouble, swims out to save him from his watery grave.
AND....Moses drags Jesus, using the lifeguard hold, back thru the now un-parted choppy Red Sea. (he had to drop his staff, you see)
AND.... Moses lays The Savior out on the beach, "Hey Jesus" says an enlightened Moses, as he looked down
on his buddy on his back with arms outstretched no less, "I got an idea...now you can make a sand Angel!".
AND SO...Jesus flapped his arms and legs in the sand and HE DID make a sand angel!
AND SO...Between gasps and hack-ups of mouthfuls of salt water, Jesus splutters
"Moses I'm saved! You SAVED me... Praise the lord!... oh wait... I AM the lord!....damn it bro, what went wrong?"

Moses slapped a consoling hand on Jesus' shoulder and said,
 "Don't worry about it, dude. Last time you tried it, you didn't have holes in your feet.".....

PA DA BOOM PSHHHHH.....

"hey, nice sand angel though!".....

Moloch

View Profile
May 07, 2016, 07:28:47 PM

...."hey, nice sand angel tho!".....

I have this on a t-shirt

BitNow
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2016, 07:33:16 PM

I have this on a t-shirt

Atheism is not satanism: you are off topic your posts had been reported to the moderator.

Best regards.

▐█████▄
            ▐█████████        ▄▄▄
            ▐████  ▐█████   ▀▀▀  █▌
            ▐███  ▐███████      ▐█▌
            ▐██▌   ▀█████▀     ▐█▀
       ▂▄▄▐██▌     ▀▀▀      ▐█▌
         ▐███▀     ▄█▐███
        ▐███▀   ▄████▌▀███
        ▐██████████▀    ▐█▌    █
         ▀████▀▀         ▐█▌  ██
                           ▀▀▀▀

▶  TELEGRAM
▶  BITCOINTALK
sirazimuth
Legendary

born once atheist

View Profile
May 07, 2016, 10:36:47 PM
Last edit: July 10, 2019, 03:58:00 AM by sirazimuth

ya know i dont hate religion
aamof
i like religion . i mean if it wasnt for religion i wouldnt be able to have a good laugh
every day at the thought of grown men and women believing in fairy tales.
and threads like this.
now excuse me while i find a couple of quotes from one of my hero fellow atheists, Sir Isaac Asimov
(that name has a lovely ring to it doesnt it now?  Grin )
ah, here they are ....

Quote from: Asimov, Isaac

"I certainly don't believe in the mythologies of our society, in heaven and hell, in God and angels, in Satan and demons. I've thought of myself as an 'atheist,' but that simply described what I didn't believe in, not what I did. Gradually, though, I became aware there was a movement called 'humanism,' which used that name because, to put it most simply, humanists believe that human beings produced the progressive advance of human society and also the ills that plague it. They believe that if the ills are to be alleviated, it is humanity that will have to do the job. They disbelieve in the influence of the supernatural on either the good or the bad of society."

Imagine the people who believe such things and who are not ashamed to ignore, totally, all the patient findings of thinking minds through all the centures since the Bible was written. And it is these ignorant people, the most uneducated, the most unimaginative, the most unthinking among us, who would make themselves the guides and leaders of us all; who would force their feeble and childish beliefs on us; who would invade our schools and libraries and homes. I personally resent it bitterly.

Asimov, Isaac,
(1920-1992) who wrote over 500 science fiction books, was a strong proponent of scientific reasoning who adamantly opposed creationists, religious zealots, pseudoscience, and mysticism......

Moloch

View Profile
May 07, 2016, 11:00:34 PM
Last edit: May 07, 2016, 11:15:01 PM by Moloch

I have this on a t-shirt

Atheism is not satanism: you are off topic your posts had been reported to the moderator.

Who said anything about satanism?

I said I have a t-shirt with a picture of satan making a snow angel... it's funny

Do you know anything about satanism?

Satanism is not satan worship... satanists don't believe in satan any more than they believe in god
Pages: « 1 ... 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 [267] 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 ... 446 »
  Print  

Jump to: