Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 11:16:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 ... 373 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Martin Armstrong Discussion  (Read 646882 times)
altcoinUK

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 14, 2015, 05:48:49 PM

The only thing I'm watching out for is 32k dow.. ive been waiting a few years for that.

LoL You never know if the slingshot move takes the market there.
altcoinUK

View Profile
October 14, 2015, 05:50:35 PM

Are any other SPX, DJI, IWM, GDX, etc. day traders here? If yes then I might open a thread to discuss these day trade issues as well as to share our day trade moves to embarrass ourselves by demonstrating how we can't  predict the market.

Good idea. I'm not a trader, but I would like to learn from the traders. Like I learned a quite from this thread, despite sometimes the thread steering away into not such a productive discussions.

Sounds good. It would be really nice to discuss all those exciting day trading news. I will open that thread some times.
sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

View Profile
October 14, 2015, 07:05:10 PM

The only thing I'm watching out for is 32k dow.. ive been waiting a few years for that.

Dunno i just expect it.. thats when I know to start preparing
THX 1138

Activity: 208
Merit: 103

View Profile
October 14, 2015, 08:38:43 PM

I do enjoy seeing a new Gold array from Armstrong:

"...Gold is rallying to test the first key Bullish Reversal at 1187. This is what these number do. That showed how far gold must rally to even get bullish on a sustainable basis. This is the Panic Cycle Target. We have a Directional Change Next week. We need a weekly closing above 1210 and a monthly closing above 1225 to show any sustainability here and now..."

http://www.armstrongeconomics.com/archives/38090

Interested to hear any interpretations...guesswork...wild speculation Cheesy
altcoinUK

View Profile
October 14, 2015, 08:50:27 PM

I am telling to friends (based on Armstrong) that the 32K DJI might coming. They look at me and ask, what the f@ck wrong with you?
altcoinUK

View Profile
October 14, 2015, 08:56:13 PM

I do enjoy seeing a new Gold array from Armstrong:

"...Gold is rallying to test the first key Bullish Reversal at 1187. This is what these number do. That showed how far gold must rally to even get bullish on a sustainable basis. This is the Panic Cycle Target. We have a Directional Change Next week. We need a weekly closing above 1210 and a monthly closing above 1225 to show any sustainability here and now..."

http://www.armstrongeconomics.com/archives/38090

Interested to hear any interpretations...guesswork...wild speculation Cheesy

I think from day trading viewpoint, what he says very much on line what all traders feel right now: it is too late to open a long position for gold. A favourable risk/reward ratio is just not there any more. That's what Armstrong says as well, it needs to establish a really strong buy support to stay at this level.
THX 1138

Activity: 208
Merit: 103

View Profile
October 14, 2015, 09:08:06 PM

I think from day trading viewpoint, what he says very much on line what all traders feel right now: it is too late to open a long position for gold. A favourable risk/reward ratio is just not there any more. That's what Armstrong says as well, it needs to establish a really strong buy support to stay at this level.

I've been "out" since the January pop, waiting for the expected low next Spring (still?); though wondering if physical supply will still be available around spot by then - good supply currently remains near spot in UK.
altcoinUK

View Profile
October 14, 2015, 09:58:00 PM

I've been "out" since the January pop, waiting for the expected low next Spring (still?); though wondering if physical supply will still be available around spot by then - good supply currently remains near spot in UK.

I am not familiar with the physical supply, I am trading stocks and commodities, but never buy physical stuff.

On the note of the gold price, regardless what Armstrong says, I believe, if it goes lower any time in the next few days then probably that provides a window to open long positions. Hearing and reading from the market that the sentiment has completely changed and the bear market is gone, so I think that will be a low risk move.
TPTB_need_war

Activity: 420
Merit: 262

View Profile
October 14, 2015, 10:09:05 PM

If the market stays below 17,735 then it will test the lows. Now this is fucking useless btw as he doesn't say in which period...

It is not useless and he means what he said precisely. If the market EVER (well Armstrong said by 1 quarter at latest) moves above 17,735 before having the false move to downside to create the slingshot effect, then there won't be a slingshot. But he also said that the absence of a slingshot won't rule out the phase transition to a 32 - 40K level by 2017.

The slingshot is the potential for a very significant false move to the downside (where shorts pile on before covering) and then a fast lurch back up moving to new highs very quickly.

The longs are trapped by the significant false move down and they go short right at the bottom.

It appears the potential for the slingshot might have been averted (or delayed?) when the Fed delayed raising rates or guidance thereof.

P.S. I am leaving the forum, but I do want you all to get better at reading Armstrong. I hope one of you can do this sort of introspection for me going forward.

suda, damn it, Armstrong spent $1 billion (inflation adjusted dollars) collecting archives of data. His model is accurate before no one else had ever spent that much on collecting vast data. The Pi correlation was discovered from the data, not chosen arbitrarily.

suda123

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 14, 2015, 10:19:28 PM

If the market stays below 17,735 then it will test the lows. Now this is fucking useless btw as he doesn't say in which period...

It is not useless and he means what he said precisely. If the market EVER (well Armstrong said by 1 quarter at latest) moves above 17,735 before having the false move to downside to create the slingshot effect, then there won't be a slingshot. But he also said that the absence of a slingshot won't rule out the phase transition to a 32 - 40K level by 2017.

The slingshot is the potential for a very significant false move to the downside (where shorts pile on before covering) and then a fast lurch back up moving to new highs very quickly.

The longs are trapped by the significant false move down and they go short right at the bottom.

It appears the potential for the slingshot might have been averted (or delayed?) when the Fed delayed raising rates or guidance thereof.

P.S. I am leaving the forum, but I do want you all to get better at reading Armstrong. I hope one of you can do this sort of introspection for me going forward.

suda, damn it, Armstrong spent $1 billion (inflation adjusted dollars) collecting archives of data. His model is accurate before no one else had ever spent that much on collecting vast data. The Pi correlation was discovered from the data, not chosen arbitrarily.

o, do you think stocks were always manipulated, or that came later?
altcoinUK

View Profile
October 14, 2015, 11:02:48 PM

a) If "EVER" is the time frame then it does not provide day traders (the majority of traders on the market) with lot of materials. I am a big fun of technicals, just like Armstrong is, for instance I am using Elliot Wave analyses frequently and we can't base our trades on the "EVER" time frame. It just doesn't work like that. I am sure Armstrong had a time frame in his mind - he just didn't spell it out. The Q1 was the end event, the  new lows will be in place then, so the slingshot as the result of not breaking the 17,735 resistance must be a lot sooner than Q1.

b) He said, if all conditions meets (i.e. stay below 17,735, then the market moves lower to have room for the slingshot, then the slingshot move up), then the collapse following the slingshot would be in Q1 2016. That means he must expect that slingshot pretty soon - if that happens at all. That's why I assumed that his time frame must be in the next few weeks with regards to that 17,735 resistance, whether it will be broken or not. This whole stuff must happen soon (if it happen at all) in order to get the slingshot move and get the highs and the collapse in Q1 2016.

So I believe the "EVER" was not in his mind with regards to that 17,735 criteria, and that's why said it would be more useful if he could provide a time frame for that criteria.

What happened? You know, the crypto community need your exceptional intellect. Don't take to your heart disagreements with the community! It happens, but it is more important that we respect your knowledge and how smart you are, even if it is not always easy to deal with you temper.
Seriously, stay and lets build together a great crypto currency which has been your plan!

TPTB_need_war

Activity: 420
Merit: 262

View Profile
October 15, 2015, 01:08:37 AM
Last edit: October 16, 2015, 07:11:41 AM by TPTB_need_war

b) He said, if all conditions meets (i.e. stay below 17,735, then the market moves lower to have room for the slingshot, then the slingshot move up), then the collapse following the slingshot would be in Q1 2016.

There won't be any collapse of the slingshot as it will be the new bull market heading to 32,000. The collapse is the significant decline before the slingshot that will trap the current longs into going short at the bottom (the greater fools, the majority always has to be wrong) before the slingshot when the smart money covers their shorts which they opened at much higher levels where the current longs were long.

sidhujag
Legendary

View Profile
October 15, 2015, 03:13:27 PM

I am telling to friends (based on Armstrong) that the 32K DJI might coming. They look at me and ask, what the f@ck wrong with you?
Hah thats why its happening.. I didnt look at armstrong to come up with that number though.. Happened to come to same number(just felt right)
jehst

Activity: 798

21 million. I want them all.

View Profile
October 15, 2015, 06:25:38 PM
Last edit: October 15, 2015, 06:44:33 PM by jehst

Trump polling at 38% in Nevada. Jeb Bush at 6%. Trump, Carson, and Fiorina together have 68% of the vote in Nevada when none of them have ever held political office.
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/latest_polls/president/
If these polls are correct, then millions of people are essentially saying "Fuck it. Put a surgeon in the White House. Put a real estate guy in there. Anything's better than what we have."

Bernie Sanders still in the double-digits.

So loss of confidence in government here in America continues to accelerate.

The fact that Armstrong's model predicted that 2016 would be a peak in 3rd party, non-establishment people is pretty unreal.

Year 2021
Bitcoin Supply: ~90% mined
Supply Inflation: <1.8%
suda123

View Profile
October 16, 2015, 12:37:23 AM

a) If "EVER" is the time frame then it does not provide day traders (the majority of traders on the market) with lot of materials. I am a big fun of technicals, just like Armstrong is, for instance I am using Elliot Wave analyses frequently and we can't base our trades on the "EVER" time frame. It just doesn't work like that. I am sure Armstrong had a time frame in his mind - he just didn't spell it out. The Q1 was the end event, the  new lows will be in place then, so the slingshot as the result of not breaking the 17,735 resistance must be a lot sooner than Q1.

b) He said, if all conditions meets (i.e. stay below 17,735, then the market moves lower to have room for the slingshot, then the slingshot move up), then the collapse following the slingshot would be in Q1 2016. That means he must expect that slingshot pretty soon - if that happens at all. That's why I assumed that his time frame must be in the next few weeks with regards to that 17,735 resistance, whether it will be broken or not. This whole stuff must happen soon (if it happen at all) in order to get the slingshot move and get the highs and the collapse in Q1 2016.

So I believe the "EVER" was not in his mind with regards to that 17,735 criteria, and that's why said it would be more useful if he could provide a time frame for that criteria.

What happened? You know, the crypto community need your exceptional intellect. Don't take to your heart disagreements with the community! It happens, but it is more important that we respect your knowledge and how smart you are, even if it is not always easy to deal with you temper.
Seriously, stay and lets build together a great crypto currency which has been your plan!

spill the beans tptb, we got you corned now there is no escape *surrounds tptb*
suda123

View Profile
October 16, 2015, 12:40:54 AM

Trump polling at 38% in Nevada. Jeb Bush at 6%. Trump, Carson, and Fiorina together have 68% of the vote in Nevada when none of them have ever held political office.
If these polls are correct, then millions of people are essentially saying "Fuck it. Put a surgeon in the White House. Put a real estate guy in there. Anything's better than what we have."

The fact that Armstrong's model predicted that 2016 would be a peak in 3rd party, non-establishment people is pretty unreal.

LOL best thing I read all day
OROBTC (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1852

View Profile
October 16, 2015, 01:13:48 AM
Last edit: October 16, 2015, 02:05:57 AM by OROBTC

LOL best thing I read all day

suda

THAT'S exactly right re millions wanting something very different than we have had before.  Hell, even I am for Trump, he said he would build the wall (and make it look great!), and THEN work on a "comprehensive solution".  There have been so many lies over the decades that I do not trust any of the usual suspects to do anything...

Electing (choosing, having one imposed, etc.) a "man on horseback" (a heroic type) is always, of course, dangerous.  Look at Napoleon, there are many other good examples as well.  But at this point in American history, I think umpteen millions of Americans are ready for the right kind of change.
languagehasmeaning

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 16, 2015, 05:07:49 AM

I never heard of Martin Armstrong before joining this forum.

Has anyone seen this movie about him? What did you think about it?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4103404/
sidhujag
Legendary

View Profile
October 16, 2015, 05:09:28 AM

spill the beans tptb, we got you corned now there is no escape *surrounds tptb*
The cat comes back the very next day
OROBTC (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1852

View Profile
October 16, 2015, 03:53:58 PM

Armstrong today goes to war, on two fronts, vs. the Global Warming fraudsters:

"Refusal to Publish Research that Shows Anti Man-Made Climate Change"

http://www.armstrongeconomics.com/archives/37998

With a great comment on the Academics refusing to publish anything going against their pet theories.

"French Weatherman Suspended For Questioning Global Warming"

http://www.armstrongeconomics.com/archives/38115

The French government is like Academe in its refusal to have an open debate.

Pages: « 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 ... 373 »
  Print  

Jump to: