Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 09:59:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 [83] 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 ... 373 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Martin Armstrong Discussion  (Read 646888 times)
st0at

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 29, 2016, 05:54:02 AM

...but when a clear prediction is made (even if it is for free on the blog)...

How many times has he stated TIME and PRICE are orthogonal. He has never given a clear short-term trading prediction in the blog. He has always stated that the long-term is much easier to predict than the short-term.

Trading is noisy. It is also dependent on each trader's diversification (trading is never absolute to one trade!). He does offer a platform to enter your entire personalized portfolio that he claims will improve your personalized odds, but it is not free and it is not applicable to everyone in a broadcast format of a blog since everyone is not a personalized analysis. I have no idea how it performs and neither does anyone writing here.

Also remember MA's analysis is relative to international value, not the nominal domestic value, e.g. real estate prices in dollars are not his real estate model. He had a post on that recently that showed real estate would bounce from 2007 to 2012 before resuming the decline, but again that is international valuation not domestic.

Please before you slander someone, at least understand what he has written.
fredhead

Activity: 7

View Profile
January 29, 2016, 06:41:29 AM

I am not slandering the guy. I am certainly not in any position to be doing that. I am simply putting my opinion out there for discussion and to see what comes back. I understand what he is referring to when it comes to time and price. In the example I gave it was simply Euro vs USD, nothing more complicated. Admittedly, his timing wasn't definite but it was pretty clear that he expected it to breakdown soon, certainly not years later, as he has now adjusted it to. TIME and PRICE. This what I am talking about. This is all about preserving your wealth and hopefully making some significant gains. I am openly questioning how much faith should be put into some of his blog predictions because that is all we have to go on at this point. I will remain in a somewhat skeptical, defensive position for now but open to change my view. You obviously have a different point of view when it comes to this. Fair enough.

Fred
altcoinUK

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 29, 2016, 02:31:32 PM
Last edit: January 29, 2016, 03:16:39 PM by altcoinUK

AltcoinUK:

Obviously not a charity, but he has stated many times that he was doing this strictly as a "service" to others and doesn't need money since he can play markets so easily and successfully. I was being a bit of a smart ass when I said that (philanthropic).  What I was talking about was more to point out what I see as another inconsistency. He makes many short and short-medium term predictions and then often, somewhat subtly, makes significant revisions to those predictions. I think his long term views make a lot of sense and I believe that he probably is one of the best LT forecasters out there. I am going to purchase the trader service but I will probably hang back a little bit to see how things are working out before I risk too much of my money. If the service is able to live up to the hype then the price paid for it will be the bargain of the century. Proof is in the pudding.

Fred

Stock market trading requires a different mindset than the average, 1 BTC ($400) per trade, usual crypto currency investor's mindset which hope and pray for the next scam driven Pump & Dump of some shitcoin on a low volume and economically completely irrelevant crypto currency market. Stock market trading is not for people without money. Please note I am not saying you are the usual high school or university age youngster of the forum nor I am saying you don't have money ... all I am saying is if $750.00 per annum is "too much of my money" for an investment service then I think you fundamentally misunderstand the environment in which Armstrong operates.

Regardless of what you say, his service doesn't have to live up to any hypes. Many of his clients - including government and the world's largest banks - have been with him for 30 years, and  - even it is his nature and habit to hype his service and promote himself like a second hand car salesman does - his clients understand very well what he is selling.
altcoinUK

View Profile
January 29, 2016, 03:01:57 PM
Last edit: January 29, 2016, 03:20:07 PM by altcoinUK

makes significant revisions to those predictions

The reason of that, because he is not fucking Isaac Newton was sitting under an apple tree, and then a fucking apple fell on his head to allow him concluding the Universal Law of Gravitation i.e. he is not dealing with empirical science like physics is, but he is dealing with all variables of the stock market dynamics including but not limited to earning reports, non farm payroll statistics, politics, corporate interests, central bank interventions, wars, scams, market manipulation, innovations, lies from the Chinese government about GDP figures, natural disasters and last but not least the often unpredictable crowd behaviour.  

I could be wrong, but it seems to me you are a beginner in the stock market and you expect someone will tell you where the market goes on day trade level, which is an unrealistic expectation. I suggest either to have a long term strategy or if you are interested in day trading, I suggest to start with Fibonacci which is probably a good start. Technicals are still valid in trading. The Fibonacci ratios of 23.6%, 38.2%, 50%, 61.8% are still provide you with exit points most of the times.
sloanf

Activity: 64
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 29, 2016, 05:00:37 PM

Stock market trading is not for people without money. Please note I am not saying you are the usual high school or university age youngster of the forum nor I am saying you don't have money ... all I am saying is if $750.00 per annum is "too much of my money" for an investment service then I think you fundamentally misunderstand the environment in which Armstrong operates.

He may not understand it but do you? You didn’t do your fact-checking and all you do here is just copying MA’s sales pitch and spread it all over the forum. I.e. you work for him. Which means you got fucked twice: first by swallowing MA’s bs and second by working for him for free. It’s called double penetration. And funny part is that you don’t even realize it. Despite all the facts brought and explained to you by many on this forum and elsewhere.

Many of his clients - including government and the world's largest banks - have been with him for 30 years, and  - even it is his nature and habit to hype his service and promote himself like a second hand car salesman does - his clients understand very well what he is selling.

Now we are really getting embarrassed for you. Do you at least realize how you sound when you reproduce such charlatanic bs without applying even 1% of common sense? What do you know about his clients and what could you possibly know? Do you have any evidence to support any of your claims? Neither governments nor world’s largest banks are MA’s clients. They cannot be his clients nor will they ever be. MA is an uneducated convicted fraudster and con artist who lost hundreds of millions and cheated Japanese investors. Any official entity especially governments cannot deal with convicted criminals even if they wanted to. They have policies, approval committees, security and background checks, etc to filter providers, counterparties, and all. How stupid is it to even think they could even remotely be in any relation with people like MA? It is possible of course that some junior analysts or alike at investment banks are MA’s clients. But as individuals, not as representatives of organizations let alone governments.

Can you name at least one client that has been with MA for 30 years? How do you know whether clients understand what and how well? We have evidence right here on this forum that at least some of them don’t understand anything at all.

The reason of that, because he is not fucking Isaac Newton was sitting under an apple tree, and then a fucking apple fell on his head to allow him concluding the Universal Law of Gravitation i.e. he is not dealing with empirical science like physics is, but he is dealing with all variables of the stock market dynamics including but not limited to earning reports, non farm payroll statistics, politics, corporate interests, central bank interventions, wars, scams, market manipulation, innovations, lies from the Chinese government about GDP figures, natural disasters and last but not least the often unpredictable crowd behaviour.  

You should really start learning how to read, otherwise it’s going to get even worse. All you mentioned is exactly what MA claims.  He claims that he is dealing with empirical science like physics. That’s why he always brings a lot of bs on Mandelbrot set and other stuff everywhere regardless of any relevance. He claims that markets are not random walk and everything not only can be predicted but is predicted by him and\or his computer (which nobody has ever seen). He also claims that all those variables are just noise, market manipulations don’t exist\or don’t affect markets, natural disasters go in cycles and therefore can be predicted and are predicted by him and so on. That’s precisely what he is selling: the claim that markets can be predicted like physics and is predicted by him and only by him\his computer.
altcoinUK

View Profile
January 29, 2016, 06:34:27 PM

What do you know about his clients and what could you possibly know?

As much as as you can know about them when you sit next to them as well as networking with them during an Armstrong's conference.

I suggest to get out from your troll cave and attend his next conference. You will meet me there (yes, some retail traders like me attend his conference), which will provide you a wonderful opportunity to apologize in person for your personal insults, and most importantly you will meet some of his serious clients there.

In the meantime until you save up your high school lunch money for the conference you need to fuck off from here son. Your personal insults and trolling is not cool. You feel it is important to reiterate your wisdom about Armstrong and to tell us how stupid we are here that we find more or less value in Armstrong's work, which is a sick fuck troll attitude. Open the "I am so smart and have proof that anybody who find value in Armstrong's work is stupid" thread and discuss there why Armstrong is a useless analyst. This is the thread where we are more or less positive about Armstrong's work. You made it clear that in your opinion there is no value in Armstrong's work. Therefore, your work is done here - reiterating your opinion is patronizing in a thread which purpose is to take the positives from Armstrong's work.
sloanf

View Profile
January 29, 2016, 07:07:03 PM

As much as as you can know about them when you sit next to them as well as networking with them during an Armstrong's conference.

Now it's getting more interesting. So you attend his conferences for several thousands, would you let us know then if there was anything new or useful for you? Did you make any use of knowledge you allegedly acquired in terms of profit\loss? Have you met any government or world's largest banks there?

I suggest to get out from your troll cave and attend his next conference. You will meet me there (yes, some retail traders like me attend his conference), which will provide you a wonderful opportunity to apologize in person for your personal insults, and most importantly you will meet some of his serious clients there.

You yet again prove that you work for MA by selling me his conferences. Don't you still realize that you are used not just once but twice? But that aside, name me his serious clients (apart from yourself, of course) and who are those clients that are with him for 30 years?

In the meantime until you save up your high school lunch money for the conference you need to fuck off from here son. Your personal insults and trolling is not cool. You feel it is important to reiterate your wisdom about Armstrong and to tell us how stupid we are here that we find more or less value in Armstrong's work, which is a sick fuck troll attitude. Open the "I am so smart and have proof that anybody who find value in Armstrong's work is stupid" thread and discuss there why Armstrong is a useless analyst. This is the thread where we are more or less positive about Armstrong's work. You made it clear that in your opinion there is no value in Armstrong's work. Therefore, your work is done here - reiterating your opinion is patronizing in a thread which purpose is to take the positives from Armstrong's work.

The purpose of this thread is as it states in the very first message "views on his ideas" on MA. And I am the one who provides not just views or opinions but facts citing sources and all. I provide relevant content for this thread, so my participation here is relevant and useful. If you disagree, bring facts with sources so everybody could look into them and update their views on MA.
OROBTC (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1852

View Profile
January 30, 2016, 02:12:54 AM

Now it's getting more interesting. So you attend his conferences for several thousands, would you let us know then if there was anything new or useful for you? Did you make any use of knowledge you allegedly acquired in terms of profit\loss? Have you met any government or world's largest banks there?

You yet again prove that you work for MA by selling me his conferences. Don't you still realize that you are used not just once but twice? But that aside, name me his serious clients (apart from yourself, of course) and who are those clients that are with him for 30 years?

The purpose of this thread is as it states in the very first message "views on his ideas" on MA. And I am the one who provides not just views or opinions but facts citing sources and all. I provide relevant content for this thread, so my participation here is relevant and useful. If you disagree, bring facts with sources so everybody could look into them and update their views on MA.

Mmm, hmm.  Yes, even though I look rather favorably on Armstrong's ideas (even where I disagree, at least somewhat [gold]), it is discussion of his IDEAS which is what I hoped to get (and still do) that is important.  Certainly we all need to see comments positive and negative on Armstrong, whose record, at least for me, is still unproven.  Very interesting, but unproven.

I don't mind a good & rancorous discussion, in fact I welcome it.  Not ad-hominems, but anyone who can argue with some evidence (or contrary ideas, even better if backed-up) is welcome to toss them into this little arena.

If Armstrong's ideas (and comments thereof) get to be too much for one thread, yeah, OK, open another thread to poo-poo them...

Until then, I will read his blog, and while I will not likely take his blog posts as sufficient to INVEST my money, I read them with interest.  I also want to read "the good, the bad and the ugly" re Armstrong.
TPTB_need_war

Activity: 420
Merit: 262

View Profile
January 30, 2016, 02:37:49 AM
Last edit: January 30, 2016, 04:23:06 AM by TPTB_need_war

I understand what he is referring to when it comes to time and price. In the example I gave it was simply Euro vs USD, nothing more complicated. Admittedly, his timing wasn't definite but it was pretty clear that he expected it to breakdown soon, certainly not years later, as he has now adjusted it to.

You lie about or do not know the facts. He said the Euro would decline relative to USD, which it already has (from ~1.30 to ~1.05). The change is that he originally thought perhaps the USD bull market would peak 2017.9, but now he is opening to the possibility of 2020.

You yet again prove that you work for MA by selling me his conferences.

Illogical. AltcoinUK is not selling you anything. He is rebutting your trolling. You are on a crusade to slander Armstrong (and without a coherent understanding of the facts). And now you stoop to asserting that rebutting you is akin to selling something.

You do not like that MA promotes his work. Fine. So go preach on a soapbox some where. We are telling you that we find some value in reading his blog. His long-term predictions have been particularly insightful (and I have refuted all your lies/misconceptualizations about that).

MA is an uneducated convicted fraudster and con artist who lost hundreds of millions and cheated Japanese investors.

And you believe everything you read on Wikipedia without researching all the facts. Armstrong has shown the documentation that it was the banks who were cheating and when they got caught, they tried to pin it on him. But in the end, the banks admitted to it and paid a fine. He was entirely vindicated.

Also he was never convicted (certainly not in an open court with a jury of his peers, but rather the corrupt Goldman Sachs-affiliated judge kicked out all the media!). He was held illegally in contempt-of-court for 7 years because he refused to turn over the source code to his computer model to Goldman Sachs. And when they found out that his case was about to be heard by the Supreme Court, they had him beat up and his teeth knocked out in prison so that he would accede to a plea bargain deal. He was coerced.

This is like the 5th time I have explained this in this thread. It makes me very angry that you abuse my time by not reading the thread entirely before you blow your snot all over this thread.

This is all in the movie and the movie had to buy insurance about the facts being properly vetted. So the movie has already been vetted by attorneys working on behalf of the insurance company.

Dude who is paying you to slander MA? Goldman Sachs? (surely they can afford better) Or are you just some snotty n00b who found a crusade to appease boredom?

TPTB_need_war

View Profile
January 30, 2016, 03:07:49 AM

Mmm, hmm.  Yes, even though I look rather favorably on Armstrong's ideas (even where I disagree, at least somewhat [gold])

I guess you saw this (~March low for gold < $850 still on tap) and I am expecting a possible collapse in crypto currency then too (but not certain that the gold model applies also to crypto assets yet I think it does since it is essentially the same market for alternative private assets and the first to be sold in a liquidity contagion coming apparently in March):

Naturally, the gold promoters are out in force. The problem with their theories has always been that they are dead wrong. The REAL BULL MARKET will see the metals rise with equities. Right now, they focus on the stock market and yell buy gold because a depression is here. Here wee need to see a weekly closing above the 1143 level to raise any hope of a temporary low. Without that, we have a [potential] turning point in February which can be a high with a low moving into the next Benchmark target. A closing for January below the 1103 level will warn there is inherent weakness still lingering within this market. Next month, watch the 1097 level for that is key support. Break that and its looking into a low into the second benchmark.

trollercoaster
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 30, 2016, 03:56:25 AM

interesting, BTC has begun its descent.
OROBTC (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 30, 2016, 05:32:29 AM

Mmm, hmm.  Yes, even though I look rather favorably on Armstrong's ideas (even where I disagree, at least somewhat [gold])

I guess you saw this (~March low for gold < $850 still on tap) and I am expecting a possible collapse in crypto currency then too (but not certain that the gold model applies also to crypto assets yet I think it does since it is essentially the same market for alternative private assets and the first to be sold in a liquidity contagion coming apparently in March):

Naturally, the gold promoters are out in force. The problem with their theories has always been that they are dead wrong. The REAL BULL MARKET will see the metals rise with equities. Right now, they focus on the stock market and yell buy gold because a depression is here. Here wee need to see a weekly closing above the 1143 level to raise any hope of a temporary low. Without that, we have a [potential] turning point in February which can be a high with a low moving into the next Benchmark target. A closing for January below the 1103 level will warn there is inherent weakness still lingering within this market. Next month, watch the 1097 level for that is key support. Break that and its looking into a low into the second benchmark.

TPTB

Naturally I'll be watching like a hawk (yes, I have seen a couple of his blog posts re gold).  But, let's say Armstrong is right about his gold predictions (under $850 soon, later $5000).  Would I be hurt when gold goes to $800 or $600?  No.  It would be good, as future income arrives, I get more for my US$.  I am not selling even if Au goes to $100, or even $20...

And if it goes to $5000?  Will I sell?  No.  I am not holding gold just to sell it in waves (that I have proven I have no ability to ride).

For me, gold is insurance against .gov malfeasance.  Protection/insurance.  Perhaps a lottery ticket if FOFOA is right (yes, I remember you mentioned that you tangled with him).
TPTB_need_war

View Profile
January 30, 2016, 05:49:51 AM

OROBTC we already discussed in the past that your holdings of gold are a single-digit % of your net worth and are held for diversification against abnormal outcomes and not for gains. My writings about price is for those speculating on price because they are investing for gains.

Note though I do think gold will be entirely banned. I don't know how long it will take for the NWO to reach this level of control. Might not be within your and my lifetimes given we are 50+. However, the digital control over the world is accelerating. The Corporate Fascism controls every nook and cranny. (this is presuming that decentralization technologies can't take back the upper hand)

Since you are a Bible believer, I assume you are aware that it says everyone will throw their gold & silver into the street. And no merchant will be able to conduct commerce. That is the digital control system at the end game of totalitarian collapse. I am not sure if we will get there any time soon. No one knows for sure.

What a shame to leave a worthless relic to your children when you die. I'd take profits at $5000 and leave them some land or something they can use. Then again, you've stated you are already diversified in real estate. So I understand your logic. It is I guess good to have some gold coins as a "get out of Dodge" insurance policy. And that is what MA advocates as well. His gold price models are for those who are paper trading gold, not for those buying coins which he has said he gives as gifts for the kids in the family.

OROBTC (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 30, 2016, 06:31:24 AM

OROBTC we already discussed in the past that your holdings of gold are a single-digit % of your net worth and are held for diversification against abnormal outcomes and not for gains. My writings about price is for those speculating on price because they are investing for gains.

Note though I do think gold will be entirely banned. I don't know how long it will take for the NWO to reach this level of control. Might not be within your and my lifetimes given we are 50+. However, the digital control over the world is accelerating. The Corporate Fascism controls every nook and cranny. (this is presuming that decentralization technologies can't take back the upper hand)

Since you are a Bible believer, I assume you are aware that it says everyone will throw their gold & silver into the street. And no merchant will be able to conduct commerce. That is the digital control system at the end game of totalitarian collapse. I am not sure if we will get there any time soon. No one knows for sure.

What a shame to leave a worthless relic to your children when you die. I'd take profits at $5000 and leave them some land or something they can use. Then again, you've stated you are already diversified in real estate. So I understand your logic. It is I guess good to have some gold coins as a "get out of Dodge" insurance policy. And that is what MA advocates as well. His gold price models are for those who are paper trading gold, not for those buying coins which he has said he gives as gifts for the kids in the family.

If/when the NWO Fascists reach the levels you posit (what an awful map of the USA and of our lifestyles in such a regime), our problems will be far graver than lil ol moi (or our kid / grandkid(s)) toting around 30 - 50 oz of gold...

I will take my chances owning some gold, as I am still convinced that NO ONE can predict (much of) the future with reliability, and IMO in the short, medium and longer terms.  Nonetheless, should Armstrong's call of sub-$850 gold soon and then $5000 gold later actually come true, then I will re-evaluate my opinion re Armstrong being an unproven forecaster...

Smiley

Re the Bible, while I am no scholar, it is important to understand that the Bible is extremely symbolic.  It was written with a mostly ancient Jewish (and to a lesser degree ancient Greek as well as the rest of us) audience in mind.  For example, the passage where Jesus says that "it is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than a rich man to get into Heaven" is an analogy...  Cities in the Middle East at that time typically had walls.  They usually closed the entrance gates int the cities at night.  The only way people (cargo on camels) could enter at night would be for the camel owners (Saudis?) to UNLOAD their camels, and make them squeeze through the smallish door in the gate.  So, it was that a rich man had to do (think, love, forgive) what he needed to do to gain entrance...  Not that he had to give away his stuff.  In other words, building "treasures in Heaven" is beyond question more important than earthly wealth, but there appears to be no conflict between God and wealth, per se.

^^^ I did not invent the above interpretation, which is likely not mainstream.  I can provide you a reference if you want (Emmet Fox).

I also note your interesting interpretation / semi-prophecy: that no merchant will be able to conduct business in a digital-currency-only era.  An interpretation of the mark of the beast.  Very interesting!  Thanks for that little nugget to ponder.

TPTB_need_war

View Profile
January 30, 2016, 08:16:04 AM

sloanf, here you go for a concrete long-term prediction from Armstrong's Socrates computer.

TPTB_need_war

View Profile
January 30, 2016, 02:36:37 PM

"There is always someone around who will take your gold."    (In payment, not steal it)

If you need to buy or barter for something, even if for very high value, you can find someone who will give you what you need for your gold.  At this moment that is not true for Bitcoin.  Sure there are people around who will do some trades for your BTC, but not that many, nor in large amounts.

I'd quess the number of people that will accept BTC at localbitcoins.com is roughly the same (within an order-of-magnitude) as the number of pawnshops in the world that will take your gold coin. Here in the Philippines I bet you'd be lucky to get 50% of the spot price value at a pawnshop.

The key difference in my mind is that gold you can find a physical buyer that you can trust won't kill you (e.g. a storefront pawnshop or gold dealer). Whereas meetups with Bitcoin are going to be with a stranger (and risky for both parties). This is important in the sense of needing to get cash and not wanting it to pass through a bank account.

Once the NWO outlaws cash (and regulates gold dealer, but the lack of cash will kill the black markets too), then there will be no advantage for gold any more. You will have to sell it for digital cash. Barter becomes extremely rare to find.

OROBTC, I am sorry to tell you that gold is dying. The digital cash age will kill it and everyone will throw their gold into the streets as the Bible says. We may not get there entirely though until 2032 or so.

sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

View Profile
January 30, 2016, 03:09:29 PM

interesting, BTC has begun its descent.
Jumping the gun
sloanf

View Profile
January 30, 2016, 06:26:32 PM

Illogical. AltcoinUK is not selling you anything. He is rebutting your trolling. You are on a crusade to slander Armstrong (and without a coherent understanding of the facts). And now you stoop to asserting that rebutting you is akin to selling something.

You do not like that MA promotes his work. Fine. So go preach on a soapbox some where. We are telling you that we find some value in reading his blog. His long-term predictions have been particularly insightful (and I have refuted all your lies/misconceptualizations about that).

I don’t care what you find particularly insightful. I am here to examine facts, not someone’s feelings, views, biases, religious beliefs or objects of worship. You have refuted nothing; all you did was just reiterating some bs you swallowed from MA without applying any common sense whatsoever. If you want to refute something you do so not but simply stating the opposite or babbling bs after someone like a brainless parrot, ok. You do so by bringing facts or evidence supporting your claims, citing sources, etc. But before that you first have to finally learn how to read and then read what are you going to refute.

And you believe everything you read on Wikipedia without researching all the facts. Armstrong has shown the documentation that it was the banks who were cheating and when they got caught, they tried to pin it on him. But in the end, the banks admitted to it and paid a fine. He was entirely vindicated.

Also he was never convicted (certainly not in an open court with a jury of his peers, but rather the corrupt Goldman Sachs-affiliated judge kicked out all the media!). He was held illegally in contempt-of-court for 7 years because he refused to turn over the source code to his computer model to Goldman Sachs. And when they found out that his case was about to be heard by the Supreme Court, they had him beat up and his teeth knocked out in prison so that he would accede to a plea bargain deal. He was coerced.

This is like the 5th time I have explained this in this thread. It makes me very angry that you abuse my time by not reading the thread entirely before you blow your snot all over this thread.

Oh here we go again. You think if you keep repeating something, it somehow will turn into facts. Show me the documentation and everything else that prove your and MA’s claims. I brought to you several sources on which I based my conclusion here

It’s all MA claims with no proof as usual. He always makes claims with no factual evidence whatsoever (just like with historic data, supercomputer, trading performance, $1trln under contract, advising for top government officials and central bankers around the world, etc). After all, have you ever heard of any convicted criminal admitting they were convicted legally? As for MA, read the articles below

http://topics.nytimes.com/top/reference/timestopics/people/a/martin_a_armstrong/index.html
http://nihoncassandra.blogspot.ru/2006/08/enigma-of-martin-armstrong.html  
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2011-09-28/felon-forecaster-blogs-on-8-6-year-economic-cycles-after-11-years-in-jail

and consider this:
1.   He was caught not by the Wallstreet, corrupt bankers or anyone affiliated with the US authorities (so it’s yet another MA bs that it was the US bankers plot against him) but by the Japanese watchdogs and prosecutors.
2.   No media (both then and now, both independent and dependent) ever said he was clean and innocent (in fact, they say the opposite)
3.   None of his Japanese clients ever said anything in defense of MA. In fact, nobody said anything except his mother.
4.   If the whole thing was set up against him personally (as he claims), why is it that two of his workers and his bank were also pleaded guilty.
5.   If the plea was forced, as you say, why those two workers also pleaded guilty? Were all their teeth also bashed and all that?
6.   If he was clean, why “Republic Securities, now a unit of HSBC Holdings Plc, also pleaded guilty, admitting it helped Armstrong swindle clients. It paid $569 million in restitution.”? Again, the bank admitted that MA did swindle clients. Not as you claim
And after all, it the banks involved admitted he took no funds and paid fines for their malfeasance. It was a giant corruption.
7.   Finally, if everything was so illegal against him, why didn’t he sue them all? At least the media? Or at least present all documents and evidence he has to the public so independent lawyers could look at it and tell their views?
Because he did cheat Japanese investors and he knows it. Look what he said “he can’t be liable for fraud or running a Ponzi scheme because he wasn’t acting as a money manager.” Notice, that he does not say “because he did not run\did not do any wrongdoing” but because he wasn’t a money manager. A technical aspect.

but you’re still reiterating the same bs thinking that everybody is as stupid as you are.

This is all in the movie and the movie had to buy insurance about the facts being properly vetted. So the movie has already been vetted by attorneys working on behalf of the insurance company.

Again, do you have any evidence to support your claim? Any documents, articles, comments from insurance company\lawyers (if they do exist), media, etc. from which we could infer that qualified people did look into MA’s case and concluded that he did not cheat? If yes, bring them here. All we have so far is some film made by unknown people and shown in a very few locations to a very limited audience.

sloanf, here you go for a concrete long-term prediction from Armstrong's Socrates computer.

And?
enosenose

Activity: 11

View Profile
January 30, 2016, 08:08:21 PM

I understand what he is referring to when it comes to time and price. In the example I gave it was simply Euro vs USD, nothing more complicated. Admittedly, his timing wasn't definite but it was pretty clear that he expected it to breakdown soon, certainly not years later, as he has now adjusted it to.

Have you ever wondered if MA was held in contempt not because he refused to turn over the source code to his supercomputer... but there is NONE to begin with, and he is trying to salvage his last ounce of dignity & leave an exit door for himself, so that he can still continue to hold conferences & sell the world a story about the future like what he is doing now?

His forecast has not extended beyond, 2015.75 on the Sovereign Debt Crisis....so does his master piece presentation slide that supposedly makes everyone a believer that he has a supercomputer that pinpoints every mkt inflection point in the past. it seems like all he does these days is making stuff up accordingly to the major mkt sentiments & movement.

the following zerohedge like article timing couldnt be worse, with the mkt ripping up due to Japanese NIRP the next morning on Jan 29th, Fri. 

Is a Slingshot Move Setting Up? dated Jan 28th, Thurs.

We have penetrated last year’s low in the cash S&P500, but not in the Dow yet. The Yearly Bearish does not come into play until we get to the bottom of the upward channel. Penetrating last year’s low is indeed setting the stage for the Slingshot. Everything on our models is clearly pointing to this trend extending into 2020, and instead of concluding by 2017 that will be the starting point.

We NEED the vast majority to get really bearish calling for the end of the world and declines of 50% to 90%. This is the fuel for the Slingshot we need in place, just as we saw in 1987.
sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

View Profile
January 30, 2016, 08:28:41 PM

Just do the opposite and you will be fine
Pages: « 1 ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 [83] 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 ... 373 »
  Print  

Jump to: