Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 04:25:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 ... 205 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What's your opinion of gun control?  (Read 450413 times)
Schleicher

Activity: 675
Merit: 513

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 09:37:59 PM

But during the past five years, an increase in the circulation of illegal guns have been reported from many of the countries, including the United Kingdom, France, and Italy.
Luckily these guns are not being used, at least in germany:

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2015, 10:58:54 PM

It's possible the "illegal guns" ARE being used more and more by victims (who rarely have to fire a shot once their own gun is seen by their assailant), yet in violation of "gun control" laws that infringe the fundamental human right to self-defense. If you were able to defend against a violent criminal by violating "gun control" without bloodshed, you would not then self-incriminate by reporting what happened to the police. Statistics≠omniscience.

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
Wilikon
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 11:13:36 PM

Witless for the Prosecution: New York DA Forces Staff to Forgo Second Amendment Rights

Madeline Singas, Acting District Attorney for Nassau County, New York, is a hypocrite. Worse, she is willing to gamble with the lives and safety of her staff and their families for her own perceived political benefit. While claiming “a commitment to justice, compassion, and integrity” and boasting about keeping “more vulnerable people safe,” she enforces a policy of mandatory disarmament amongst the attorneys who put their own safety on the line to administer justice in her jurisdiction. On Monday, Prof. Eugene Volokh broke the story that the Nassau County District Attorney’s Office bars prosecutors from having handguns, even at home.

Prosecutors, considered the top law enforcement officials of their jurisdictions, take an oath to defend and uphold the Constitution of the United States of America. They are invested with great public trust, making decisions that profoundly affect the life, liberty, and property of the residents of their jurisdictions, decisions that can increase or decrease the public’s respect for the justice system and the rule of law. The system can only work if they take that oath seriously.

https://www.nraila.org/articles/20150925/witless-for-the-prosecution-new-york-da-forces-staff-to-forgo-second-amendment-rights

Wilikon
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
September 27, 2015, 08:13:11 PM

The last gun shop in San Francisco shuts down in face of new regulations

Next month will mark the end of an era in San Francisco as the city’s sole remaining gun shop closes its doors. High Bridge Arms has been in business at the same location since the 1950s, but with the next round of city regulations and restrictions on gun dealers (which means just High Bridge) the city fathers have found the straw required to break the camel’s back. It’s a glorious day for liberals. (Fox News)

Business for the last gun shop in the city of 840,000 has been good, according to Alcairo, especially since the store, which caters to law enforcement and outdoors enthusiasts, announced it would close next month.

Situated in the prominent city heart of Mission Street, High Bridge Arms was founded in the mid-1950s by Bob Chow, who competed in the 1948 Olympics 25-yard pistol shooting event. By some accounts a Bay Area institution, it has long been a tourist destination – specially for members of the law enforcement community who visit the city.

“I found the staff to be friendly, decent, law-abiding people who have been harassed by the San Francisco anti-gun crowd for quite some time,” Jim Wilson, a retired sheriff from Alpine, Texas, told FoxNews.com as he recalled stopping by the shop during a visit to San Francisco a few years back.

The new city laws were so far over the top that it’s difficult to imagine them surviving a court challenge, but the owners apparently don’t feel like converting their entire operation into little more than a legal defense fund to keep fighting the liberal legislature. They were going to force them to record videos of every customer in the store and keep those videos available permanently. The personal information of every customer would have to be turned over to the police department each and every week even if there wasn’t a hint of an allegation that any crime had taken place. In short, the rules were designed to force the shop to harass their own customers mercilessly to the point where no reasonable person would want to shop there anyway.

As the general manager viewed it, the writing was on the wall.

“This time, it’s the idea of filming our customers taking delivery of items after they already completed waiting periods,” Alcairo said. “We feel this is a tactic designed to discourage customers from coming to us.

“This year, it’s this and next year will probably be something else,” Alcairo added. “We don’t want to wait for it.”

The reason this is such a huge victory for the Left is that they’ve finally found an escape hatch to go around the courts and the Second Amendment. They were unable to flatly make guns illegal or to order the closure of a legally operated business, but with one strike after another they were able to finally harass them into closing. The real world effect is negligible, of course, since law abiding gun owners can still go somewhere else to purchase their guns, but it’s still a “moral” victory in terms of driving the evil gun shop out of their peace loving neighborhood.

And hey… it’s not like San Francisco is full of crime to the point where citizens would need to arm themselves, right?

The Sanctuary City is sending a clear message to the gun shop owners and an even clearer message to criminals and illegal immigrants. Feel free to stop by! We don’t sell any guns to your prospective victims!

The San Francisco Police Department should simply close up shop and leave these people to the fate they so richly deserve.

http://hotair.com/archives/2015/09/27/the-last-gun-shop-in-san-francisco-shuts-down-in-face-of-new-regulations/

Wilikon
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
October 01, 2015, 06:58:15 PM

DEVELOPING -- Police in Oregon responded to a report of a shooting on campus at Umpqua Community College in Roseburg, at 10:30 a.m. local time.

There are unconfirmed reports of multiple dead and multiple injured.

There is "no longer a threat," according to a Douglas County Sheriff's Dept. spokesperson, citing dispatchers. The spokesperson said multiple assets were on site and EMS is on the scene.

The ATF said on Twitter that it had special agents on the scene.

A local fire department tweeted earlier that there was an "active shooter" and for people to "please stay away from the area."

Roseburg is a city of about 22,000 people located about 70 miles south of Eugene and about 180 miles south of Portland.

Umpqua Community College has about 3,000 students. Its website was down Thursday, and a phone message left at the school wasn't immediately returned.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/10/01/oregon-cops-respond-to-report-shooter-at-community-college/

Losvienleg

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Gloire à la Victoire !

View Profile
October 01, 2015, 07:29:09 PM

Here, in France, the gun control laws are quite restrictives. Also medias are spreading the idea that it is impossible to get a gun, while it's not so hard if you don't want something too powerful or too recent (Sovietics snipers are easy to get with an hunting license).

Wilikon
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
October 01, 2015, 07:40:49 PM

Here, in France, the gun control laws are quite restrictives. Also medias are spreading the idea that it is impossible to get a gun, while it's not so hard if you don't want something too powerful or too recent (Sovietics snipers are easy to get with an hunting license).

Get a hunting license.

Losvienleg

Gloire à la Victoire !

View Profile
October 01, 2015, 07:47:25 PM

Get a hunting license.

Don't worry, I have already one, with plenty of guns  Grin. I have a preference for rifles, but handguns are cool too ! However with an hunting license, you can only have .22LR handguns  Angry ! To have something more powerful, you have to apply at the Town Hall. Then an analysis is done from three weeks to a few monthes to know if you have a "clean" mind. Then you can freely buy up to 12 "B category" guns (which contains handguns and assault rifle like AK-47s). 12 is not a lot  Undecided...

Wilikon
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
October 01, 2015, 07:54:43 PM

Get a hunting license.

Don't worry, I have already one, with plenty of guns  Grin. I have a preference for rifles, but handguns are cool too ! However with an hunting license, you can only have .22LR handguns  Angry ! To have something more powerful, you have to apply at the Town Hall. Then an analysis is done from three weeks to a few monthes to know if you have a "clean" mind. Then you can freely buy up to 12 "B category" guns (which contains handguns and assault rifle like AK-47s). 12 is not a lot  Undecided...

Do the test then. Criminals don't bother waiting for a license or do a "clean mind" test.

Losvienleg

Gloire à la Victoire !

View Profile
October 01, 2015, 08:03:36 PM

Get a hunting license.

Do the test then. Criminals don't bother waiting for a license or do a "clean mind" test.

I'm pretty sure that if they know I have little problems with coloured people, they will refuse me the "B category license"  Grin ! They will maybe even delete my hunting license because leftists don't like when you say something that is against immigration, Israel, etc. and can punite you for "racial hate incitation" or "racial hate words" and thus ban you from having guns because they think you are more dangerous than Black drug dealers with illegal AK-47s !

thinkinger

Activity: 784

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2015, 08:06:25 PM

it must be  prohibited.i want to say guns must be used only by police but in u.s. there must be prohibition for police too.

.██████████   bitfons.in- Cryptocurrency Exchange - 10 coins███████.
MakingMoneyHoney

Activity: 504

View Profile
October 01, 2015, 08:12:50 PM

it must be  prohibited.i want to say guns must be used only by police but in u.s. there must be prohibition for police too.

This will not stop the criminals from getting guns.
Losvienleg

Gloire à la Victoire !

View Profile
October 01, 2015, 08:14:10 PM

Why would it be forbidden ? To avoid crimes ? A criminal that want to have a weapons, 10 weapons, 100 weapons, 1000 weapons can have it really easily. So this only to make that people don't rebelate, because a people that doesn't have weapons is an easy-manipulated people. Police should be able to kill something who is described as a criminal without worrying aabout anything !

thinkinger

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2015, 08:36:18 PM

it must be  prohibited.i want to say guns must be used only by police but in u.s. there must be prohibition for police too.

Why would it be forbidden ? To avoid crimes ? A criminal that want to have a weapons, 10 weapons, 100 weapons, 1000 weapons can have it really easily. So this only to make that people don't rebelate, because a people that doesn't have weapons is an easy-manipulated people. Police should be able to kill something who is described as a criminal without worrying aabout anything !
having a gun freely or illegally isnt the matter im pointing.yes criminals will easily find but the teenagers wont if prohibited.i wanted to tell that schools , hospitals etc mustnt be places that anyone with a gun can easily enter.

MakingMoneyHoney

Activity: 504

View Profile
October 01, 2015, 08:42:33 PM

it must be  prohibited.i want to say guns must be used only by police but in u.s. there must be prohibition for police too.

having a gun freely or illegally isnt the matter im pointing.yes criminals will easily find but the teenagers wont if prohibited.i wanted to tell that schools , hospitals etc mustnt be places that anyone with a gun can easily enter.

You're trying to solve it the wrong way. People who want to harm people will harm people.

The problem is that people are taking prescription drugs, recreational drugs, are mentally unstable. But, I don't believe the government can classify people as "mentally stable" because they will go overboard, as they've already started to try to take guns from people on disability insurance. A lot of the mass shooters have been know to be on drugs of some sort. People should try to get off of them if they can, there's way too much reliance on them instead of making healthy choices.
Wilikon
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
October 01, 2015, 08:49:49 PM

Should drugs be forbidden?

thinkinger

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2015, 08:53:11 PM

some should be ,and some should be restricted to certain places..

Wilikon
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
October 01, 2015, 08:57:10 PM

some should be ,and some should be restricted to certain places..

You would decide?

thinkinger

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2015, 09:01:45 PM

yes chemical one should be forbidden but natural ones should be restricted to be used in homes or places just are used for this.and it should also be forbidden to go in common places after using drugs.

Wilikon
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
October 01, 2015, 09:06:50 PM

yes chemical one should be forbidden but natural ones should be restricted to be used in homes or places just are used for this.and it should also be forbidden to go in common places after using drugs.

Then I would use natural black powder instead of chemically processed smokeless powder for my ammo. Would that be OK to you?

Cool

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 ... 205 »
  Print  

Jump to: