Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 10:18:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 [196] 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 ... 279 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do You Think Bitcoin Will Replace Dollar Soon?  (Read 417150 times)
Cherylstar86

Activity: 1484
Merit: 253

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 01:18:53 PM

It's not going to do it anytime soon or likely even within 15 years, but it could in our lifetime I reckon. I think more economic instability in certain countries and maybe another financial collapse/crisis will happen soon rather than later and that could bring in many new people to bitcoin which could have a snowball effect.

absolutely not. there is no point in thinking it ever will replace any major fiat currency. just stop thinking/hoping that it will happen. it will not.

Why will it not? If in the future bitcoin keeps going up and fiat keeps going down which is what happens when they print more of it on a whim people might wise up. Money should grow over time not devalue and bitcoin could solve this and that's what's great about a deflationary currency.

It might goes down but government will find a way to keep it. Banks were built for those fiats and btc were not allowed yet in banks unless for fashing out only. Deposits were not still applicable. Btc user may grew in number but it will take time as well as in usage of btc in community since implementation were not broad to use by common people now.

I think it's hard for the government to decide replacing dollar in the future, and even if bitcoin will be recognized worldwide soon it's not a reason to replace dollar because of digital currency adoption towards payment system. There must be a consideration on all matters of conditions which might applicable on specific mode of spending, online or offline transactions always matters most whether fiat or bitcoin can be exchange at the same time. It should take more studies in order to implement this kind of system.
Abiky
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1363

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 01:56:08 PM

Bitcoin will never replace dollar. Bitcoin will remain as it is. Like what you've said not every people knows about bitcoin so how can they survive without dollar? I don't think this will happen in the future. It will still remain as a dream and not going to make it possible.

Exactly. It is rather difficult for Bitcoin to replace the dollar anytime soon. People tend to have trust when using the dollar as it is backed by a government. When it comes to Bitcoin, there is no need for trust, but people are more used to fiat than digital currency payments nowadays.

Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies will need massive marketing and promotion, if they want to become used in the mainstream world. But despite the facts, the dollar still has the lead, since it doesn't have any underlying issues such as scalability, and even fungibility. The majority of cryptocurrencies on the market, especially Bitcoin, have issues regarding high transaction throughput which will greatly limit their ability from becoming used at a large scale in the future.

Only time will tell if Bitcoin could replace the dollar in the future, but by the looks of it, it's going to have a hard time doing so. Just my thoughts Grin

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Dainye_dyep

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 04:00:40 PM

I don't think "soon" but I do think after 15 years or so it is a definite possibility. "soon" i guess is a relative term.

Maybe , but the thing is , its too far for the bitcoin to stand out from all kind of crypto-currency which may give trouble for those who are not using bitcoi, it may have higher from compare to  dollars but not in the sense that papar money will be extract from transactions daily and payment on a simple negotiation in the market, someone should finance a worldwide fast and free internet so most of the people can do transactions through it.
Eugenar

Activity: 1274
Merit: 278

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 04:25:40 PM

Coinbase CEO believes bitcoin will replace dollar within 15 years.

Read the following news:
http://cointelegraph.com/news/114983/coinbase-ceo-bitcoin-will-replace-dollar-within-15-years

Do you think it will be true? Are you positive towards bitcoin's future status?
I highly doubt. USD is a big currency, having a physical and expensive market price are big factors. USD is one of the highest currencies because its country is rich. I think, Bitcoin is not yet even close on surpassing Dollar since it is being used by lots of countries and people. It has a large community , as I've said, it is used by lots of countries and Bitcoin is only legal to some countries. Which also means that USD quite on different level.
just_Alice

Merit: 622

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 05:00:34 PM

Read the following news:
http://cointelegraph.com/news/114983/coinbase-ceo-bitcoin-will-replace-dollar-within-15-years

Nope. I dont think so because bitcoin is a digital money and we all know that we are living in the world of reality. We must know that in our life we must rely on our reality not on our digital money. And if you cash bitcoin it will turn ito dollar because they didn't have paper or coins for bitcoin reality. So I think doar will not replaced by bitcoin.

Maybe in the next 20-30 years bitcoin will not replace US Dollar but who knows what happens in the future. If everyone had a mobile device with internet access bitcoin, or maybe other crypto, would be a great way of payment. Right now we are far from that, that's right.
mihir

Activity: 160
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 07:56:32 PM

I don't think this is a possible scenario in any aspect as there will always be a need for a currency that must be regulated by a government or top tier management authority.
In my opinion, this will cause a scenario where a person having 0.10 bitcoin will be a billionaire and a person having no Bitcoin will be broke.
Let's not forget the fact that there are only 21 million BTC in total.
drachman

Activity: 756
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 10:36:36 PM

Read the following news:

I'm not sure that bitcoin will replace Dollar Soon. the government will verify, analyze & discuss hardly with the parlement before take an important decision. cause it effects to the economy, politic of the country.
If bitcoin is going to replace the dollar in the future we cannot expect that it does through the traditional means if bitcoin is going to do that is going to do it forcefully and the government will have no say in it.
BeGoods
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1008

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 11:24:07 PM

Read the following news:

Nope. I dont think so because bitcoin is a digital money and we all know that we are living in the world of reality. We must know that in our life we must rely on our reality not on our digital money. And if you cash bitcoin it will turn ito dollar because they didn't have paper or coins for bitcoin reality. So I think doar will not replaced by bitcoin.

Maybe in the next 20-30 years bitcoin will not replace US Dollar but who knows what happens in the future. If everyone had a mobile device with internet access bitcoin, or maybe other crypto, would be a great way of payment. Right now we are far from that, that's right.
Internet technology is increasingly spreading, the more internet users are getting more and more of them prefer to pay using online currency maybe from day to day people will continue to grow to use online currency than fiat, i think the possibility of bitcoin to replace the dollar is persists.
nowlscor18

Activity: 282
Merit: 11

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 12:35:26 AM

Read the following news:

In my own opinion i think it will be a very long journey for bitcoin to replace the dollar. Dollar's been there for as far as we can't remember, and still standing very strong. Maybe someday another crypto currency will rise, maybe stronger than bitcoin  but its impossible to replace the Dollar.

Bondho Kompeni

Activity: 507
Merit: 250

Adoption Blockchain e-Commerce to World

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 04:48:49 AM

Read the following news:

In my own opinion i think it will be a very long journey for bitcoin to replace the dollar. Dollar's been there for as far as we can't remember, and still standing very strong. Maybe someday another crypto currency will rise, maybe stronger than bitcoin  but its impossible to replace the Dollar.
Yes agree, it takes a journey and a very long stage, of course must be started with a large user, then transactions between countries that still use the dollar switch to bitcoin. when japan and south korea endorse bitcoin, then this is a good sign, hope other countries soon follow.

▄
                 ▄██▄
              ▄█████▄
           ▄████████▄
        ▄█████▀█████▄
       █████▀░░▀█████
        ▀██▀░▄█▄░▀██▀
                █████
        ▄██▄░▀█▀░▄██▄
       █████▄░░▄█████
        ▀█████▄█████▀
           ▀████████▀
              ▀█████▀
                 ▀██▀
                    ▀
AIGO
Adoption Blockchain
e-Commerce to World

..Find Us!:..

▄███▄
▀███▀

▄███▄    ▄██▄    ▄█████▄
█████    ████▄██████████▄
█████    ████████████████
█████    ███████▀  ███████
█████    █████▀      ██████
█████    █████        █████
▀███▀    ▀███▀        ▀███▀

▄▄▄
                    ▄▄▄██████
              ▄▄▄█████▀▀████▌
        ▄▄▄████████▀ ▄██████
  ▄▄▄██████████▀▀  ▄███████▌
▀███████████▀   ▄██████████
   ▀▀▀███▀    ▄███████████▌
        █▌  ██████████████
        ▐█ ██████████████▌
         █████▀ ▀████████
          ██▀      ▀████▌
                      ▀▀

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
Faucett.us

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

GanarBitcoin.us

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2017, 05:47:12 AM

This is never going to happen anytime soon.

Dollar, cash, goverment money is going to be here for a loooong loooong time.

████→→       ● DeepOnion                                                                       ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯ 
████→→       ● Tor integrated, 100% anonymous!                                ✯     Get Your FREE Coins NOW!        ✯
████→→       ● Free Airdrop! (No ICO, No Crowdfund)                        ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯
filharvey

Activity: 866
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 06:24:17 AM

US dollar been enjoying the privilege as global reserve currency for the past seventy years and it is known to people all over the world.Its universally accepted.Its importance came into existence when OPEC countries said that they would only sell crude oil for dollars.But bitcoin is still in its infant stage and it has just now crossed its early stage of eight years.It has not been yet legalized in many countries.More people are still unaware of bitcoin.It has been estimated that bitcoin would be the sixth largest reserve currency in the world by 2030.So,it would take a long time for bitcoin to replace dollar.

▄█▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀▄▄
           ▄█▀ ▄▄█▀▀   ▀█▄▄▀▀█▄▄
          ▀▀  ▀▀          ▀▀█▄█▀
    ▄▄▀  ▄█▀▀                    ▄   ▄▄
  ▄█▀▄▄█▀           ▄▄           ▀▀█▄ ▀█
 ▄▀ █▀     ▄▄██▄▄   ██   ▄▄██▄▄      █▄ █
 █ ▀█   ▄▄█▀▀   ▀██▄▄█▄▄█▀▀  ▀▀██▄▄   █ █
 █     █▀ ▄▄█▀▀█▄▄ ▀██▀  ▄██▀█▄▄ ▀▀█  █ █
 █  ▄  █ ██▀ ▄▄▄ ▀█ ██ █▀▀ ▄▄▄ ▀██ █  █ █
 █ ██  ▀ ██ █▀▀▀█▄▄ ▀█ ▄▄█▀▀▀▀█ ██ ▀  █ █
   ██    █▀ ▄▄█▄  ▀▀███▀▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█    ▀ █
   ██    ▄▄██▀ ▄▄█▄ ██  █▄▄ ▀▀██▄▄      █
 █ ██    ▀▀ ▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄███▄ ▀▀██▄▄ ▀       █
 █  █      ▀▀▀ ▄██▀▀▄█ ▀██▄▄ ▀▀       █ █
 █  █         ▀▀▀   ██    ▀▀▀         █ █
 ▀█ ▀▄▄             ██              ▄█ ▄█
  ▀█▄ ▀▀▄▄          ██          ▄▄█▀ ▄█▀
     ▀█▄▄▀▀▀        ██       ▄▄ ▀▄▄█▀▀
        ▀▀█▄   ▄▄        ▄▄█▀▀   ▀
            ▀█▄▄▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▀▀ ▄█▀
               ▀▀█▄▄▀▀ ▄▄█▀

E M I R E X
─── إمركس ───

...Whitepaper...

The Infrastructure for the
New Digital Economy

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████▄
████████████████████████
▄█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████
████████▀           ████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████            █████████
█████████  ██████████████████▀
████████▄           ████████
▀█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀████████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀██████▀▀▀

E M R X

─ Token ─

...LEARN MORE...

...Register...
[/cen
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2982
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 06:46:24 AM

This is never going to happen anytime soon.

Dollar, cash, goverment money is going to be here for a loooong loooong time.

Very sure that this is not going to happen. They can consider bitcoin as alternative payment for those people that don't want to use cash for their payment. And whether bitcoin will replace dollar or not, bitcoin is bitcoin and it is as it is. We love the way on how bitcoin is growing, we love the way on bitcoin is being adopted and this is one of the very few reasons why bitcoin is better than dollar.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
danim1130

Activity: 616
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 07:12:46 AM

well i guess not, we all know that some of the people in the world using dollars right and only some people in the world are using bitcoin the bitcoin is only better in dollar in saying that bitcoin's value is higher than dollars that is only the better part of bitcoin but it can't just replace dollar easily.
Babyjamz3026

Activity: 361
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 07:45:52 AM

Read the following news:

How do they calculate it? anyway, I have a strong belief that bitcoin can replace dollar soon or someday. But none of us here can say when the exact day, years, and month it will happen. Even coin telegraph announced it in 15 years after it is still a prediction ans speculation only.
just_Alice

Merit: 622

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 08:37:03 AM

Read the following news:

Yes agree, it takes a journey and a very long stage, of course must be started with a large user, then transactions between countries that still use the dollar switch to bitcoin. when japan and south korea endorse bitcoin, then this is a good sign, hope other countries soon follow.

And they will follow for sure sooner or later. It's a matter of time but I think that in the far future dollar will be replaced. The question is will it happen during our lifetime. But this was about the whole replacement. Partially bitcoin replaces USD already, for some people at least.
PancherBitCoin

Activity: 812
Merit: 317

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 08:39:23 AM

Read the following news:

How do they calculate it? anyway, I have a strong belief that bitcoin can replace dollar soon or someday. But none of us here can say when the exact day, years, and month it will happen. Even coin telegraph announced it in 15 years after it is still a prediction ans speculation only.
Do not have to think about high matters, And it's better to think about the essential. I mean, with what ease or difficulty will Bitcoin use simple common people. The fact is that some today do not have the Internet and even some knowledge for this. Or it is already presumed that there are huge numbers of poor people who will not have any money at all. That's really when they do not need any knowledge and no Bitcoin will be available to them. Is this already being put into the future of our planet?
Pattart

Activity: 1190
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 03:20:29 PM

Read the following news:

Yeah nobody knows about the future, but we can predict what will happen in the future. Although bitcoin growth and spread continues to improve each year but that does not mean bitcoin will replace the dollar because many people adopt bitcoin, I think even though bitcoin is widely adopted by many people in a country. I think they will still use their local fiat or currency as the main currency. Bitcoin is just an option for them
jatin729

Activity: 812
Merit: 108

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2017, 04:12:48 PM

No, it’s not going to replace the dollar, or any other fiat currency.

To the extent that it becomes successful, it will serve as a complement to fiat currencies, as well as other cryptocurrencies.

drachman

Activity: 756
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 07:48:32 PM

Read the following news:

The dollar has been the most dominant fiat in the last century but the american government is taking this as its birthright and if they keep mismanaging their economy then the dollar is not going to keep being the top coin for much longer.
Pages: « 1 ... 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 [196] 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 ... 279 »
  Print  

Jump to: