Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 07:06:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... 67 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BITCOIN IS BETTER THAN WESTERN UNION ?  (Read 70154 times)
ashly

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 06:45:27 AM

Probably yes because you can paybills here,,  western is  also good but not better
n691309
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 06:48:17 AM

Probably yes because you can paybills here,,  western is  also good but not better

Well i have seen a website where you can pay bills through bitcoins but depends on the country the website is bitbill.eu, if you can then for you its much better bitcoin rather than western union.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 08:58:53 AM

It's not comparable, both of them are recommended.

not right, there is nothing that bitcoin can not substitute, it's a global means of payment after all

why i should pay more when i pay less, i don't mind waiting a bit more for confirmation if this is your concern, you can wait when you do online spending
mobnepal
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1006

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 09:41:13 AM

Bitcoin is fat better than western union in terms of fee and speed for the one who send and who receives it. But the only problem arises due to untrackable transactions making government to ban bitcoin due to risk of money laundering. If every country allow to open bitcoin exchanger than bitcoin can replace traditional money transfer services.
ajun96

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 09:45:00 AM

not right, there is nothing that bitcoin can not substitute, it's a global means of payment after all

why i should pay more when i pay less, i don't mind waiting a bit more for confirmation if this is your concern, you can wait when you do online spending

WU very useful for someone who doesn't know about the technology and bitcoin,
usually if a person works abroad they will be confused, to send money to their parents,
their parents, can not play bitcoin WU  is best choice
ObscureBean
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2015, 10:14:30 AM

I've been reading some of the comments in this thread and it seems that there is a lot of hate towards WU. Sure they may have outrageous fees but there are many situations where the service they provide is useful. Back in 2005 when I was backpacking in Nepal, I found myself in a tight situation with money, it would've taken forever to work something out with the banks over there, good thing they had WU, my parents sent me some money that I received within a few hours.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 10:32:11 AM

usually if a person works abroad they will be confused, to send money to their parents,

well if this is another problem about educating themselves for bitcoin, it's more like their fault than bitcoin itself

i can't see how this is a problem of bitcoin, by learning new stuff they can save more, like it was for email vs fax and stuff like that

bitcoin is the natural next step in the future
Dwelach

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 01:13:23 PM

I am new with this Bitcoin thing and yes this one of the reason I like Bitcoin.

You don't need to fill a form you just send it when you want for a cheap amount.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4228
Merit: 4500

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 01:40:12 PM

ok guys....

i am actually a lover of bitcoin, i earn it, live off it. but one thing i do hate is everyone over exagerating bitcoin as its deceptive.. so
lets see actual examples..

i want to see screenshots of being able to buy bitcoin via fiat.. showing the rate and value of bitcoin obtained.
i want to see screenshots of that amount being sold to another fiat.. showing the rate and value the recipient would receive in that final fiat.

i then want to see a screenshot of WU calculation of that same FIAT to FIAT transfer..

for these examples. use $100 or $1000 as example amounts in your screenshots. that way its easy to calculate/compare.

i have done it a few times using localbitcoins, searching for the best spreads offered. and done so using multiple currencies on each side. and not found one that gives a better recipient receiving amount..

so to all those 'not liking form filling in' and 'not liking waiting 2 hours' that limits some options such as exchanges requiring verification

show me your best ways to get one fiat into another fiat without form filling (thus avoiding signing up to exchanges to link accounts). and without having to wait for 3 confirmations on deposits/withdrawals of coin on each side (thus not taking upto 2 hours delay).

so there is your challenge.. to not praise the utopian theory of bitcoins usefulness.. but to show actual examples of it working in reality

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
AtheistAKASaneBrain

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 02:41:20 PM

You are right when it comes to localbitcoins. But what if in many places in the world there are ATM's that support fiat to Bitcoin and vice versa. If you send some one $1000 worth of Bitcoin with a 0.0001 BTC fee, and the receiver can cash out his coins for fiat in a Bitcoin accepted ATM against a 0.1% fee for example, then it is definitely cheaper.

you actually think that ATM's are only 0.1% fee..
seriously check them out and do a example calculation, especially checking out the spread.. as that is always a hidden difference.

for instance
lets say the prices of bitcoin are:
$330 - bitfinex
$320 -btc-e
$325 - coinbase.

an ATM allows you to buys at bitfinex rate and sell your bitcoin at BTC-e rate..remember, spread is not fee.. so they can play with spread and not even mention fee.. but then separately add on a 0.1% fee after

so say you had $330.33 you would get 1bitcoin.. but then sell it from the exact same ATM machine. you would only get $319.68 back ($10.65 loss) and thats before playing with the volatility of different fiat currency valuations

Let's not forget here that the ultimate goal and point for Bitcoin to exists is for merchants to accept Bitcoin so you don't need to convert to any other currency. This is the whole thing and the real deal: Once you are able to get paid in Bitcoin, and once you are able to buy anything you need with Bitcoin anywhere in the world, it will be pointless to convert to fiat currencies. This is where we should be aiming at.
zivone

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 02:48:20 PM

If only my parents and other oldies knew and are able to learn about bitcoins then I can say western union and other remittance service centers have chances of shutting down their business.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4228
Merit: 4500

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 02:49:19 PM

Let's not forget here that the ultimate goal and point for Bitcoin to exists is for merchants to accept Bitcoin so you don't need to convert to any other currency. This is the whole thing and the real deal: Once you are able to get paid in Bitcoin, and once you are able to buy anything you need with Bitcoin anywhere in the world, it will be pointless to convert to fiat currencies. This is where we should be aiming at.

completely understand that.. but thats the utopian dream of the future. not the reality for today, and i just hate it when people confuse reality with dream scenario

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
a7mos

Activity: 574

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 03:01:36 PM

If you mean to compare between bitcoin and Western union as a mean of transfering money , bitcoin is much fewer fees of course but it might does not work with all people as in some countries in order to sell or exchange bitcoin you have to pay some fees which can equal WU fees and you will get the money in a local currency not in dollars like in WU
jt byte

Activity: 994

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 03:23:16 PM

If only my parents and other oldies knew and are able to learn about bitcoins then I can say western union and other remittance service centers have chances of shutting down their business.

Yeah if my mother knew about this that all her money was not a waste. Is just a lot of money to just send and you need to pay 20 dollar to send mabe 2000 dollar of money.
Scream

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

U will never know the true answer, before you try

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 04:17:06 PM

IM very thank's with coindesk
release official news about this ads  Cheesy Cheesy

http://www.coindesk.com/western-union-faces-backlash-removal-spoof-bitcoin-ad/
Oscoda

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 04:18:30 PM

IM very thank's with coindesk
release official news about this ads  Cheesy Cheesy

http://www.coindesk.com/western-union-faces-backlash-removal-spoof-bitcoin-ad/

That is why coindesk is my main news for Bitcoin Cheesy It is so handy.

Bitcointalk is also good for other news.
ivanst776
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 08:44:49 PM

At present you need two bitcoin exchanges to send your money from one country to another. It will take some time to do.

Well if you use two bitcoin exchanges then you will end by paying high fees in these exchanges, if the other party accepts bitcoins then that would be the ideal situation, i think that bitcoin is better that western union because of low fee but not faster.

I recently experienced a overseas money transfer with bitcoin debit card at the receiving side and fiat to bitcoin exchange at the sending side and we saved considerable more with bitcoin comparing with our usual WU transfers. All the above, any-time and convenient are the extra benefits we enjoyed.

This is a rare successfully story which makes us happy when we hear this, bitcoin debit cards has a fee but it's little considering if you send/receive lots of money at least 3-5BTC monthly.
quentincole32

Activity: 518

View Profile
December 01, 2015, 12:24:19 AM

i think bitcoin have 2 benefit than Western union,and this make bitcoin better than western union.
1. low fee,of course western union have huge fee on transaction,and bitcoin not.
2. simple to make account,western union must be register on office,but bitcoin not.

▃▃▌▌AMBROSUS▐▐▃▃▃ - TRUSTED QUALITY OF FOOD & MEDICINE
ICO date 13 September
bitcoinmar

Activity: 812

View Profile
December 01, 2015, 12:33:15 PM

i think bitcoin have 2 benefit than Western union,and this make bitcoin better than western union.
1. low fee,of course western union have huge fee on transaction,and bitcoin not.
2. simple to make account,western union must be register on office,but bitcoin not.
Both benefits ok but still Western Union is very easy for common man specially in developing countries because most of peoples still not know about bitcoin its still need too much time personally I like bitcoin and now using but still many places where I have to send with banks or western union
ajun96

Activity: 658

View Profile
December 01, 2015, 12:36:33 PM

well if this is another problem about educating themselves for bitcoin, it's more like their fault than bitcoin itself

i can't see how this is a problem of bitcoin, by learning new stuff they can save more, like it was for email vs fax and stuff like that

bitcoin is the natural next step in the future
yeah this is proves of that, bitcoin still need advertising, so that people can know more about bitcoin,
for now WU is more accepted in society
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... 67 »
  Print  

Jump to: