Bitcoin Forum
July 02, 2024, 07:44:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BITCOIN IS BETTER THAN WESTERN UNION ?  (Read 70154 times)
samanas

Activity: 95
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 07:20:32 PM

There are two points to consider:

1. If we stay with small blocks, fees will eventually grow and Bitcoin will lose part of its advantage.
2. It depends on the country. If the only option you have is to buy/sell the Bitcoin at the shitty prices offered in localbitcoin, think about it once again, because you will probably end up paying more in fees than on Western Union.

If the size of blocks increases and Bitcoin reaches massive adoption, yes, it will be way better than Western Union, with no further discussion.

in future im sure 1satosi is enough for fee

I do not know, I am not that confident in Bitcoin reaching the huge prices some people is expecting. And if that is not the case, I think it would be hard to keep such a low fee, if even with the 10k fee we have had delays (because of the spam attacks), imagine what would happen if it were just 1 satoshi!

The fee will rise in the future to meet the mining cost and profit. The the fee is determined by the cost in the future. Maybe 0.1 bitcoin for the whole block.
Hashminers

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 07:24:06 PM

Bitcoin is really good for people who transfer money to other country.
But for people who don't use bitcoin and don't know how will western union is oke. But that is true that bitcoin is better for the low fees, but we will see it the future what will happen with the fees.
carlo_0000
Legendary

Activity: 1281
Merit: 1003

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 08:43:04 PM

same for me used 3 times  western union  to send some cash to my girlfriend in Philippines

but i told her to open bank account , to have less fees

but sins i have some bitcoins income i wanna use that but problem had to change btc to eur than send to bank convert to php

did not look good

after i found this https://coins.ph  , you can change btc into peso at market price  and cash it out at bank terminal, that s is cool
and i notice you can pay bills directly in bitcoin with the site, load the phone, internet  cable insurance ..

in belgium i think you can still do nothing with bitcoins

Daniel91
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 09:12:18 PM

In my opinion, yes, bitcoin is better than WU.
I know it from my personal experience.
I tried to send funds to my friend in Nepal but they can't open paypal and also he lives in small village very far from Western Union office.
So, on the end i asked him to open Bitcoin wallet and send him bitcoin.
They have also problems with luck of electricity and Internet sometimes but still bitcoin is the best solution for them Smiley

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
knowhow

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 09:36:58 PM

Sure i think those countries that has a very poor people makes no sense for them pay a high fee ,with it they could buy some food.I had never tryed wester i searched and when i saw fees i thinked hell who will i make rich with those fee?Bitcoin allows me to send money to my brother anytime and well he can convert it or hold it as he wanna,will never use wester.
AndySt
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1012

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 09:52:42 PM

I wouldn't talk about superiority of anything because everything is still the scope is a little different. Yet the sphere of the bitcoin while more speculative and investment and only a small proportion of rooms and the transactions between actors.
EdenHazard
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1048

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 10:03:55 PM

yes of course bitcoin is better than western union,in some case,bitcoin have more benefit than WU.
and otherpost on this forum post infographic that bitcoin have more transaction than Western Union.

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
Coin0fMisery

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 13, 2015, 08:19:20 PM

Of course! The fees on western union are a god damn joke, sooo high. Bitcoin really is an awsome way for paying freelancers, your family abroad and every other thing.
knowhow

View Profile
December 16, 2015, 09:28:21 PM

Bitcoin can be anywhere from any country all is required is some local exchange to convert the bitcoin into their fiat,till the day we will be able to pay with bitcoin anywhere ,western union and banks will keep loosing their costumers to bitcoin ,slowly.
ajun96

Activity: 658

View Profile
December 16, 2015, 09:55:24 PM

No doubt about it. bitcoin is really better than western union. as western union has so high transaction fees.. unlike bitcoin. so cheap. fast and less hassle. so i never use westeern union after i know about bitcoin.
yeah LOL even in the county western union now been closed( true story) because there is rarely a customer Tongue
maybe the people in my area already know about bitcoin

mtnsaa
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 16, 2015, 10:18:57 PM

18 pages and counting and you are still debating how Western Union should not exist. It exist because it provides a service that Bitcoin can't. Cash in a window, few questions asked, that's it. Poor, uneducated people will use that for centuries. And there are a lot of them.

Go do your math and establish a local office/exchange with Bitcoins and see how it goes after fees and price volatility.
Hugroll

Activity: 756

View Profile
December 16, 2015, 10:22:58 PM

18 pages and counting and you are still debating how Western Union should not exist. It exist because it provides a service that Bitcoin can't. Cash in a window, few questions asked, that's it. Poor, uneducated people will use that for centuries. And there are a lot of them.

Go do your math and establish a local office/exchange with Bitcoins and see how it goes after fees and price volatility.
imo the only thing western union has over bitcoin is the prevention of price volatility. thats a huge reason why people choose not to use bitcoin.
HarryKPeters

Activity: 896

Live Stars - Adult Streaming Platform

View Profile
December 16, 2015, 10:32:26 PM

Bitcoin wins in terms of speed, pricing, anonymity and usage.
I can't believe people are still using Western Union for bank transfers. Their prices/fees are really ridiculous..

newcoins1978

Activity: 406

View Profile
December 16, 2015, 10:38:25 PM

110% better
Western Union employees are mostly stupid, ignorant or both.
They service is even more worse. I've tried to sent money 2 times and both times I stepped out to another bank.
The first time was because of the fees
The second time the woman at the counter was too stupid and i had to explain everything twice.
mtnsaa
Legendary

Activity: 1568

View Profile
December 16, 2015, 10:41:54 PM

imo the only thing western union has over bitcoin is the prevention of price volatility. thats a huge reason why people choose not to use bitcoin.

I agree that's basically the main issue but it's not a small one. A company that want to establish a competition will have to deal with that without losing money. If you can have several branches where people can go and turn cash from one window to another (and converted into Bitcoin in the process) that would be perfect. The problem is that when you open offices, pay employees, have security guards (in different countries...) guess what you have? Bitcoin Union!
knowhow

View Profile
December 17, 2015, 08:35:18 PM

People use western how many years already they exist?They do a service and just,to they stay alive they must add at their currencies bitcoin,this way they wont lost more and more costumers on the next years.Bitcoin is full advantage againd western union,but the simple fact there is no store to convert bitcoin with a small fee make the bitcoin loose full power and potencial to replace WU.
betohell

Activity: 476

View Profile
December 17, 2015, 09:29:36 PM

No doubt about it. bitcoin is really better than western union. as western union has so high transaction fees.. unlike bitcoin. so cheap. fast and less hassle. so i never use westeern union after i know about bitcoin.
all people need instant transactions. people do not want to wait. WU too many rules and complicated
only with bitcoin we can solve the problem

knowhow

View Profile
December 19, 2015, 06:41:54 PM

I really believe that western union will be partner with bitcoin converting the bitcoin into fiat with a small fee instead the big one they charge at fiat,that will be a win-win situation soo wester union keep their costumers and bitcoin community can now easy send and receive and convert theri bitcoin into fiat,but well they must have this vision on the next years otherwise ,WU may be closing doors soon.
cellard
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1252

View Profile
December 19, 2015, 07:53:49 PM

I really believe that western union will be partner with bitcoin converting the bitcoin into fiat with a small fee instead the big one they charge at fiat,that will be a win-win situation soo wester union keep their costumers and bitcoin community can now easy send and receive and convert theri bitcoin into fiat,but well they must have this vision on the next years otherwise ,WU may be closing doors soon.

Something is clear, they have to reinvent themselves if they want to stay in business, and getting rid of Bitcoin will not work, so being collaborative is on their own interest. Im afraid they will not tho, and will put on a fight till the end, so interesting times ahead.
BigBoy89
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1011

View Profile
December 19, 2015, 08:01:45 PM

Something is clear, they have to reinvent themselves if they want to stay in business, and getting rid of Bitcoin will not work, so being collaborative is on their own interest. Im afraid they will not tho, and will put on a fight till the end, so interesting times ahead.

Yeah even I believe they will come up with something more realistic and innovative idea to outshine in the market because by now I am sure Bitcoin has become a threat to all these expensive money exchangers and now for WU the situation is either partner with BTC or pack up your old school techniques of looting money and come up with better and cheap exchange rates.

.AMEPAY.
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄█████████▀▀▄▀▀█████████▄

▄██████▄▄█▀ ▀█▄▄██████▄
███████  ▀▀█▄██▀▀▄███████
███████ █ ▄ █ ▄▀▀▄███████
████████ █ █ █ ▄▀▀▄████████
▀█████████▄█ █ ▄██████████▀
▀████████  ▀▀▀  ████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
│▌
       AMEPAY IEO       
▄██████▄ ▀██████▄
█████████  ▀█████
███████▀     ▀███
██████▀  ▄█▄  ▀██
██████▄  ▀█▀  ▄██
███████▄     ▄███
█████████  ▄█████
▀██████▀ ▄██████▀
   AMEPAY LISTING   
   ▐███▄
   ████▌
▐██████████▄
████████████
 ████▌  █████
▐████  ▄████
██████████▀
 ▀█████▀▀
▐│
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄█████████▀▀▄▀▀█████████▄

▄██████▄▄█▀ ▀█▄▄██████▄
███████  ▀▀█▄██▀▀▄███████
███████ █ ▄ █ ▄▀▀▄███████
████████ █ █ █ ▄▀▀▄████████
▀█████████▄█ █ ▄██████████▀
▀████████  ▀▀▀  ████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 »
  Print  

Jump to: