Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 07:56:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BITCOIN IS BETTER THAN WESTERN UNION ?  (Read 70154 times)
knowhow

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 04:56:43 PM

The change is happening already ,several people avoiding wu with their high fees,soo on the next years we will see just bitcoin growing against others,as people will recognize the worth and potencial of bitcoin,it is getting mature ,soo in the short future we will see bitcoin getting bigger and maybe one day be the top against those others.
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
fuathan

Activity: 1092
Merit: 520

Aleph.im

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 05:51:28 PM

Bitcoin has many advantages than WU has. If you want fast transaction you need to pay fees on WU.

Country to country transaction is too expensive via WU.
mtnsaa
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 06:41:13 PM

I've recently had to use Western Union for money sent to me from a close by country. It was $200 and the fee was around $4 or $5. I got the money in the local office, just a block away. Yes Bitcoin may be faster but if you compare the exact same service, Bitcoin would be more expensive. Bitcoin is far from being "cash in a window" like I said in many posts. That's what people need, they can't use BTC.

Bitcoin can act as a bridge in the transaction but the Western Union has to remain the same to work, you send fiat they receive fiat, that's it and that's why it will always be better unless Bitcoin can manage to provide the same but cheaper and faster. It can't.
wikenpp

Activity: 672

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 10:19:20 PM

Bitcoin has many advantages than WU has. If you want fast transaction you need to pay fees on WU.

Country to country transaction is too expensive via WU.

Yeah WU charges a ridiculous fee. I agree that bitcoin is better in terms of fee.
But there is also the fact that bitcoin is without limits.

Which makes it better too.
samanas

Activity: 95
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 11, 2016, 09:46:23 AM

When the bitcoin becomes popular and accepted in my shops like fiat. Will Western Union open the bitcoin transfer business?
fantoos

Activity: 784

View Profile
January 11, 2016, 09:57:09 AM

Bitcoin is much more better than all these methods which are being used for money transfers right now.The above chart shows Bitcoin has huge potential and very big market in remittance.Bitcoin will dominate this remittance market in coming years.

jtalk
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 11, 2016, 09:59:40 AM

I already am using Bitcoin for transferring of money.I was using western union and then money gram but both have their limits and disadvantages whereas Bitcoin has just advantages as low cost,freedom and fast transactions.

OOOBTC.com

▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●  ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●  ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●  ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬

Bounty
[/center]
Zontop

Activity: 854
Merit: 256

View Profile
January 11, 2016, 10:01:51 AM

Bitcoin is better than not only western union but also than any other similar service.There will be time when people will come to know the benefits of Bitcoin and will quit usage of western union by and by.
samanas

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 09:53:38 AM

At present, the bitcoin transaction cost less than $0.1. That will save a lot of money for vendors and customers.
bitcoin-hunter

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 11:58:12 AM

At present, the bitcoin transaction cost less than $0.1. That will save a lot of money for vendors and customers.

The transaction fee is 0,04534 (0.0001 BTC), But yes you are right. The fees are way cheaper then ANY competitor in this field.
I predict the moment merchants find out and see how dedicated the bitcoin community is, they will try it.

It is then to us, to don't let them regret it.
knowhow

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 05:39:42 PM

I've recently had to use Western Union for money sent to me from a close by country. It was $200 and the fee was around $4 or $5. I got the money in the local office, just a block away. Yes Bitcoin may be faster but if you compare the exact same service, Bitcoin would be more expensive. Bitcoin is far from being "cash in a window" like I said in many posts. That's what people need, they can't use BTC.

Bitcoin can act as a bridge in the transaction but the Western Union has to remain the same to work, you send fiat they receive fiat, that's it and that's why it will always be better unless Bitcoin can manage to provide the same but cheaper and faster. It can't.

As i said ,atleas i think i had dont remember ,bitcoin will need to be at any market to be better then any other service,being just online isnt enought to make people change their minds.
nerFohanzo

Activity: 631

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 05:45:13 PM

As i said ,atleas i think i had dont remember ,bitcoin will need to be at any market to be better then any other service,being just online isnt enought to make people change their minds.

Yeah but if people are aware about the fact that bitcoin is too cheaper as compared to WU then they would surely start knowing and using bitcoins for online transfers, but for that we need to make them aware and let them about the total technicality of bitcoins, and I bet once they start using bitcoins they would never enter the door steps of WU for sure.
tolikkk

Activity: 952

www.pumpmycoin.com

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2016, 06:00:53 PM

much-needed transfers to third countries and the need for godly relationships to goreham and demand and the domination of the old over the new in his time, had no success, and that is to look at the work bitcoin, though, but we see a significant improvement ( hopefully not at the expense of some other flawed ideas or motives ), but the idea is not affected so swiftly and brightly as we would like and we can, upon closer examination, to see something else, but the fact remains that the form of the relationship between people with this important discovery is stronger although at the time, when bitcoin emerged from his abstraction, is quite good, in my opinion, do not understand why people took only a small part of this feature, failing to understand the essence of the whole, and try again, sometimes creating the vision of neposylnoy for humanity and this technology?
samanas

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 09:35:52 AM

Yeah but if people are aware about the fact that bitcoin is too cheaper as compared to WU then they would surely start knowing and using bitcoins for online transfers, but for that we need to make them aware and let them about the total technicality of bitcoins, and I bet once they start using bitcoins they would never enter the door steps of WU for sure.

One reason the Western Uninion has high cost is the regulation cost, it has to do lots of verification. When bitcoin is used widely, it will also be regulated, so the cost will be high.
HarryKPeters

Activity: 896

Live Stars - Adult Streaming Platform

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 09:49:53 AM

I don't see WU as a competitor for bitcoin.
Only CC companies hold a much larger revenue then bitcoin. So beating them in revenue and volume is our main concern.

Banks etc. are not really a competition because for the coming years we need them.

samanas

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 10:26:51 AM

I don't see WU as a competitor for bitcoin.
Only CC companies hold a much larger revenue then bitcoin. So beating them in revenue and volume is our main concern.

Banks etc. are not really a competition because for the coming years we need them.

If the credit cards also adopt bitcoin in its payment option, there is no need to beat the credit card company. We already have bitcoin credit cards.
dhimasnk

Activity: 546

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 10:50:50 AM

in my opinion, it is true that bitcoin is better than WU, because bitcoin very simple and cheaper

BUY LOW/SELL HIGH
24/7 TRADING BOT  GUNBOT  THE AUTOMATIC PROFIT GENERATOR FOR POLONIEX
LIMITED EDITION NOW AVAILABLE FOR KRAKEN AND BITTREX  My bitcoin address: 37xyZGoqmkeTTatsWcnFJS4iL4xdE4Cuia + wex.nz codes at Peermarketer@gmail.com
mtnsaa
Legendary

Activity: 1568

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 06:40:00 PM

New Bitcoin Killer App: “FIAT to BTC to FIAT”

Freemit is an app due for release in 2016 that will allow users to send fiat money abroad using the Bitcoin blockchain. John Biggs left “the best job ever”, Chief Editor at TechCrunch, to become CEO of this project. Freemit will automatically “translate” local currency into Bitcoin and then back into the destination country’s local currency in a completely transparent way to the user.

http://cointelegraph.com/news/116044/new-bitcoin-killer-app-fiat-to-btc-to-fiat
knowhow

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 08:25:28 PM

One reason the Western Uninion has high cost is the regulation cost, it has to do lots of verification. When bitcoin is used widely, it will also be regulated, so the cost will be high.
Bitcoin cant be regulated,it would kill the concept,it just need to be allowed to be traded and pay with it,regulamentacion will kill the bitcoin project.
Several people just send money to their family that wont use those money,they put it at savings,others need to pay bills,but the thing is wu being regulated or not has people involved and have to pay salaries ,and just by doing exchanges they need to profit otherwise those service would be dead.
samanas

View Profile
January 14, 2016, 02:00:08 PM

New Bitcoin Killer App: “FIAT to BTC to FIAT”

Freemit is an app due for release in 2016 that will allow users to send fiat money abroad using the Bitcoin blockchain. John Biggs left “the best job ever”, Chief Editor at TechCrunch, to become CEO of this project. Freemit will automatically “translate” local currency into Bitcoin and then back into the destination country’s local currency in a completely transparent way to the user.

http://cointelegraph.com/news/116044/new-bitcoin-killer-app-fiat-to-btc-to-fiat

How much fee does this company charge?

This is a three step process, two more steps than the Western Union process.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 »
  Print  

Jump to: