Bitcoin Forum
June 30, 2024, 05:18:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BITCOIN IS BETTER THAN WESTERN UNION ?  (Read 70154 times)
Laosai

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 06, 2016, 09:23:17 PM

Obsolete image. Bitcoin tx price went up x4! Shocked
Update plz.

Lol! Yeah! Absolutely obsolete image!

Imagine, price went up 4 times, it means it's no longer 0.01$ but 0.04$!

Is it still worth compared to WU? I guess question can be asked...

blunderer

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 06, 2016, 10:08:32 PM

Obsolete image. Bitcoin tx price went up x4! Shocked
Update plz.

Lol! Yeah! Absolutely obsolete image!

Imagine, price went up 4 times, it means it's no longer 0.01$ but 0.04$!

Is it still worth compared to WU? I guess question can be asked...

But do people actually use WU to send non-emergency money? I used it once in my life, always assumed it was for emergencies, like being stranded in the boonies without any cash/wallet/even gas money (no, don't ask Angry). You know, like calling mom/dad/friend/ collect type of a thing.
Meaning situations when getting BTC would be pretty pointless.
One of the reasons BTC remittance businesses fold is ...bulk of the costs is actually on the ground/brick/mortar/regulations/bags of filthy fiat etc.
BitMaxz
Legendary

Activity: 3304
Merit: 3037

BTC price road to $80k

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2016, 10:53:46 PM

For me bitcoin is always better than western union because i have a lots of things that i want in bitcoins than western if you use the bitcoin for transact money to another country you don't need to fillup a paper or to put your all information before you send it or receive it and bitcoin don't need
Identification to claim the money. Here in my country you can instantly withdraw the money without card bank account its instant to withdraw it.
Western i think you need to wait for a days before you claim the money..

The problem in bitcoin transaction is the people who receipt bitcoin is not know how bitcoin work and not interesting to use bitcoin...

sometimes people didn't know anything about bitcoin....then he use Western union
Well its easy if there is a sponsor to advertise it in Television and i think they will understand it easily, we need to have some sponsors for guidance for every country to teach people how to use bitcoins for transaction all over the world.
So we need guide and advertisement just like western union when they starting their business before they do this first guide and advertisement.
So people can understand how bitcoin works..

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
BlackPanda
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 07, 2016, 03:15:22 AM

Yeah WU charges a lot of fees for their services also it's not as convenient and it can be used by carders to cashout their CC.

Bitcoin is a lot more convenient, and faster too.

yeah bitcoin is better than  western union. bitcoin charge a lot of fees less but  western union charge a lot of fess  . when people use bitcoin this time not feel more problem .
yes transaction cost is still a constraint in western union. if we choose bitcoin as a medium of payment of the costs of the transaction fee bitcoin will not be felt at all. bitcoin transaction fee is very cheap.

Yes and people who are into bitcoins will never enter the doorsteps of western union, as the fees are high, and the online transfer process is very time consuming, where as bitcoin transactions are fast with minimum cost and credits are instant.
everyone wants to find the ease, speed and cost. it's all on bitcoin. bitcoin has it all.
Zaragota95

Activity: 126

View Profile
February 07, 2016, 06:11:04 AM

BTC is faster, easier to use and much more convenient IMO, I don't know why people use WU now with BTC being that much better.
Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2016, 06:15:46 AM

BTC is faster, easier to use and much more convenient IMO, I don't know why people use WU now with BTC being that much better.

Depends on the situation. If someone sends Western Union I can go pick up cash and spend it right away. If someone sends Bitcoin I have to convert it and that adds costs and time. I can not sell Bitcoin for cash in my area...
heldertb

Activity: 242

Blockchain-based Financial Ecosystem

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2016, 10:28:59 AM

Yeah WU charges a lot of fees for their services also it's not as convenient and it can be used by carders to cashout their CC.

Bitcoin is a lot more convenient, and faster too.

yes   bitcoin is better than western union  because bitcoin is very faster than from western union  and very cheap , more comfortable , very low cheap  fees from western union then bitcoin is  better than western union

█▮▬█▀▀▀ YouHodler.com ▀▀▀█▬▮█
Keep Crypto. Get Cash
   Cool█▮ The highest Loan-to-Value ratio ▮ No minimum monthly payments and no hidden fees ▮ Major cryptocurrencies as collateral ▮█   Cool
zergenyt09

Activity: 297

View Profile
February 07, 2016, 11:22:04 AM

Much better IMO, Western Union fees are more comical than serious with a % of the money taken also the difficulty in completing the transaction in specialized places, bitcoin is open and in the internet, easier IMO.
Pattart

Activity: 1190
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 07, 2016, 11:44:15 AM

Depends on the situation. If someone sends Western Union I can go pick up cash and spend it right away. If someone sends Bitcoin I have to convert it and that adds costs and time. I can not sell Bitcoin for cash in my area...
if bitcoin has been accepted by everyone of course it would be easier. and for now. I think it is not too difficult to convert bitcoin to fiat money, no fee is high in the exchange or withdraw
angryrob

Activity: 287

View Profile
February 07, 2016, 11:57:21 AM

if bitcoin has been accepted by everyone of course it would be easier. and for now. I think it is not too difficult to convert bitcoin to fiat money, no fee is high in the exchange or withdraw

That's true the credits are instant to your bank accounts when you convert your bitcoins to fiat currency and with least transaction fees, So I believe bitcoin is superior in compare to WU as the fees of WU are too high.
Daimon88

Activity: 397

View Profile
February 07, 2016, 05:11:37 PM

Bitcoin is incomparable to bitcoin in the fees and in the simplicity and ease of use, it's fees are small compared to the huge western union fees and it just needs an internet connection rather than going to a western union point etc... however western union ends up with cash directly while the receiver of a bitcoin payment would still need to exchange it to USD.
mtnsaa
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 07, 2016, 05:51:45 PM

Specific examples are always better to use to evaluate a premise like this.

In light of rebit.ph partnership with cebuana cashout points recently announced the current comparison for sending money to the Philippines is:
Via western union: 5% commission to WU, 5% commission to cebuana. Total (approx) 10% loss
Via bitcoin/rebit.ph: ~1% commission to rebit, 3% commission to cebuana. Total (approx) 4% loss.

'Course in the bitcoin case there might be an extra 1% to get the bitcoin if you don't already have them.

I think that little extra is what makes or break a business. People here are still babbling about Bitcoin being better but they are comparing apples to oranges. Western Union provides a complete different service that's why it is more "expensive". If you could consider what it takes to provide the same service with Bitcoin it will be much more expensive I guarantee it. The fact that there's no service like this and Western Union (and many others) are still in business is proof enough. If you are unsure and think Bitcoin is better and more profitable, then just go ahead and create your own company Bitcoin based, you will become a instant millionaire right?
Hellacopter

Activity: 742

View Profile
February 07, 2016, 08:34:48 PM

Bitcoin is incomparable to bitcoin in the fees and in the simplicity and ease of use, it's fees are small compared to the huge western union fees and it just needs an internet connection rather than going to a western union point etc... however western union ends up with cash directly while the receiver of a bitcoin payment would still need to exchange it to USD.

I don't think that there is nowadays a real problem about convert the Bitcoins into fiat anytime, there is any trusted exchange platforms online, and even some famous ewallets (like Payza..) accept the deposit by Bitcoin directly
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
February 07, 2016, 08:38:29 PM

I don't think that there is nowadays a real problem about convert the Bitcoins into fiat anytime, there is any trusted exchange platforms online, and even some famous ewallets (like Payza..) accept the deposit by Bitcoin directly

Western Union - I walk 20 metres in any settlement in the world with a code and walk out with some cash one minute later.

Bitcoin - wait five days to get verified on an exchange. fail verification. Give up. Arrange to meet some sweaty guy from localbitcoins. Chicken out.

WU sucks and sucks your money away. It also just works.
mtnsaa
Legendary

View Profile
February 07, 2016, 09:48:29 PM

Western Union - I walk 20 metres in any settlement in the world with a code and walk out with some cash one minute later.

Bitcoin - wait five days to get verified on an exchange. fail verification. Give up. Arrange to meet some sweaty guy from localbitcoins. Chicken out.

WU sucks and sucks your money away. It also just works.

Lol exactly, I've been saying this for months but this thread is just a bunch of spammers going on an on with its trumpet of BS about Bitcoin. Bitcoin may be a great idea and innovative tech but it's far from providing the same service of Western Union, and like I said, it's not just my opinion, it's a fact. Western Union is still in business.

Go ahead create your own company, Bitcoin based and see how much money you lose each week by exchaging fiat to btc back to fiat in an office.

Anddos

Activity: 378

View Profile
February 07, 2016, 10:46:57 PM

Yeah, except that you can put bitcoin in escrow until the transaction is confirmed, but with western union your money is sent and you don't know if the other party will keep their deal.

blunderer

Activity: 154

View Profile
February 07, 2016, 11:15:19 PM

Bitcoin is better if you need BTC (for alpaca socks/other legit DNM purchases); WU is better if you need money (gas/food/real, reasonably-drugs).
ShrykeZ

Activity: 630

View Profile
February 07, 2016, 11:17:07 PM

Yeah, except that you can put bitcoin in escrow until the transaction is confirmed, but with western union your money is sent and you don't know if the other party will keep their deal.

One of the main reasons I've never had to and never will use WU, Bitcoin is vastly superior.
Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2016, 12:53:44 PM

One of the main reasons I've never had to and never will use WU, Bitcoin is vastly superior.

Currently, they are totally different services when it comes down to it. Give Bitcoin another year or 2 and we will get to the point where it beats it in every way hopefully. If someone is not in a rush for the cash then Bitcoin wrecks WU easy. If you need cash in hand fast then bitcoin is 50/50 depending on where you live. I personally can not get Bitcoin and convert it to cash the same day...only turn it into electronic money.
mtnsaa
Legendary

View Profile
February 08, 2016, 07:31:58 PM

Bitcoin is better if you need BTC (for alpaca socks/other legit DNM purchases); WU is better if you need money (gas/food/real, reasonably-drugs).

I LOL'ed, you sir deserve a BTC medal! This thread keeps going on an on with spammers blabbing about the "virtues" of Bitcoin when they've never had to spend them in real life, I doubt 99% of them hold even 1 BTC.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 »
  Print  

Jump to: