Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 02:22:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BITCOIN IS BETTER THAN WESTERN UNION ?  (Read 70154 times)
delliaerd

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 22, 2016, 04:05:43 PM

Yes bitcoin is better than western union when it comes in other things. We got a lower transaction fee and you can remain anonymous. But you will still use Western union, they are one option to convert your btc into fiat. Still the same or even Western is more ahead of popularity in overseas workers.
we can exchange bitcoin to fiat money with other mathods also. we don't depends on only westren union. we can directly exchange them. we can use paypal also which is connected to our bank account. we can trade bitcoin to fiat. there are lots of method for bitcoins.

That is right, dude .. we can exchange bitcoin in to the fiat by western union. but, usually when i want to sell my bitcoin, i just sent some amount of my bitcoin to him, he i very trusted . So i don't need to use western union to exchange my bitcoin. But western union, still used by me for another activities.

..C..
........Finally C is .........
...........            ............
       ............            ............
...................      ....................

avw1982

Activity: 644

View Profile
April 22, 2016, 04:15:39 PM

Bit coin is better only because its all online and transactions are smooth and cost effective since no office or money transfer charges are to be beared but on other side western union is better as well service wise and they are the one who introduced fast money transfer phenomena to the people of the world.
Bitcoin is really better than western union. as western union has so high transaction fees.. unlike bitcoin. so cheap. fast and less hassle. so i never use westeern union after i know about bitcoin.
LCSociety

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 04, 2016, 11:53:09 AM

It's the worlds most efficient value transmission system, and will become even more valuable when the rate of BTC-to-BTC transactions surpasses BTC-to-FIAT transactions.

Once this happens, we'll begin to experience the 'true' value of the blockchain
BitHodler
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179

View Profile
May 04, 2016, 12:15:29 PM

Bit coin is better only because its all online and transactions are smooth and cost effective since no office or money transfer charges are to be beared but on other side western union is better as well service wise and they are the one who introduced fast money transfer phenomena to the people of the world.
Bitcoin is really better than western union. as western union has so high transaction fees.. unlike bitcoin. so cheap. fast and less hassle. so i never use westeern union after i know about bitcoin.
Transaction costs of WU might be much higher than the fees of Bitcoin, but when you send $1000 you know the other person receives the full $1000.

With Bitcoin in just a minute the price can get dumped down 5%. Which means that your $1000 will come through as $950 if the person in question cashes out the coins.

BSV is not the real Bcash. Bcash is the real Bcash.
romero121
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1213

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live

View Profile
May 04, 2016, 02:17:04 PM

It's the worlds most efficient value transmission system, and will become even more valuable when the rate of BTC-to-BTC transactions surpasses BTC-to-FIAT transactions.

Now itself users had understood the real value of Blockchain and truly in days the real transactions which is happening at a reasonable price is expected to go low than the present upon the increasing adoption.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
knowhow

Activity: 560

View Profile
May 11, 2016, 09:27:42 PM

Now itself users had understood the real value of Blockchain and truly in days the real transactions which is happening at a reasonable price is expected to go low than the present upon the increasing adoption.

Well one thing is to send bitcoins to other with a low cost another thing is to exchange those bitcoins into fiat,soo the fee you will pay may be bigger then the fee provided by western union,can anyone tell me the fee of a 500 dollars from western to some poor country or not developed country.
Akupuniard

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2016, 09:42:24 PM

Bitcoin is not so good as Western union and also it can't be cause of popularity and also western union trusted. Bitcoin is good for trasactions but can't compete western union anyway.

darcycooper

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 12, 2016, 02:00:23 AM

OF COURSE!  Grin
trickytricky

Activity: 90
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 12, 2016, 05:28:13 AM

western union a rip off
PsursV

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 12, 2016, 06:03:39 AM

i think there is no competition between western union and bitcoin. i think both have their own value. as bitcoin is still not available in every where whereas western union is almost available in every big banks. but we cannot say about future may be in future bitcoin replace by western union
Wendigo
Legendary

Activity: 2604
Merit: 1036

View Profile
May 12, 2016, 06:21:04 AM

Well one thing is to send bitcoins to other with a low cost another thing is to exchange those bitcoins into fiat,soo the fee you will pay may be bigger then the fee provided by western union,can anyone tell me the fee of a 500 dollars from western to some poor country or not developed country.

If you are sending money to a poor and not developed country it's very likely that they don't use Bitcoin there or if they do it would be hard to find someone to help you with exchanging the Bitcoins back to fiat. I doubt there will be any working Bitcoin exchanges or ATM's or even Localbitcoins users so Western Union would be the only viable way of sending money to such countries. However I do believe that usually the fee to exchange Bitcoins to fiat will still be lower than the fee to send money that Western Union is charging.

By the way there is a fee estimator on the Western Union site for different countries which are listed on the very bottom. You can check out for yourself  Wink
xIIImaL
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1005

View Profile
May 12, 2016, 06:39:43 AM

i think there is no competition between western union and bitcoin. i think both have their own value. as bitcoin is still not available in every where whereas western union is almost available in every big banks. but we cannot say about future may be in future bitcoin replace by western union

Bitcoin is more and more better than western union, but for the facilities like western union is also required. As even in countries where illiteracy persists, western union is well-known there and everyone use that. Bitcoin must also have to establish like that.
Dekker3D

Activity: 434

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
May 12, 2016, 06:51:59 AM

Yes definitely, lower transaction fees and faster as well. Only that WU is well advertised to common people than bitcoin. If only bitcoin is as well known as WU then most will use it.

ObscureBean
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2016, 07:26:19 AM

I would consider Bitcoin to be better than Western Union if I could send BTC directly to someone's bank account or PayPal etc ready for them to use in the form of their local currency or if the receiver could cash out instantly in his/her local currency. Right now Western Union is definitely more practical but I'm sure we'll see new services pop up over the next few years that will allow Bitcoin to better compete with these types of services.
Cyaren

Activity: 294

View Profile
May 12, 2016, 07:26:52 AM

Yes definitely, lower transaction fees and faster as well. Only that WU is well advertised to common people than bitcoin. If only bitcoin is as well known as WU then most will use it.

WU is advertised everywhere while bitcoin is advertised almost nowhere. I think you're right in that sense.

But once we raise the awareness of BTC then I'm sure people will start adopting it more. Then we'll see WU die.
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
May 12, 2016, 07:34:27 AM

WU is advertised everywhere while bitcoin is advertised almost nowhere. I think you're right in that sense.

But once we raise the awareness of BTC then I'm sure people will start adopting it more. Then we'll see WU die.

It won't be that easy. WU has plenty of licenses in each country they operate in to be somewhat of a lone runner when it comes to their type of doing business. You can't permanently make WU vanish, and there is really no need for that. Bitcoin can function perfectly fine alongside WU. Not sure why people want Bitcoin to replace fiat, PayPal, WU, banks, etc. Bitcoin is here and it's working, so use it!!
delliaerd

Activity: 672

View Profile
May 12, 2016, 08:25:41 AM

I would consider Bitcoin to be better than Western Union if I could send BTC directly to someone's bank account or PayPal etc ready for them to use in the form of their local currency or if the receiver could cash out instantly in his/her local currency. Right now Western Union is definitely more practical but I'm sure we'll see new services pop up over the next few years that will allow Bitcoin to better compete with these types of services.

I am totally agree with you, i more like bitcoin rather than PayPal. But it doesn't mean i hate PayPal. I just like bitcoin because it more give me many benefits and very profitable to invest.

..C..
........Finally C is .........
...........            ............
       ............            ............
...................      ....................

stromma44

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 12, 2016, 08:28:47 AM

It won't be that easy. WU has plenty of licenses in each country they operate in to be somewhat of a lone runner when it comes to their type of doing business. You can't permanently make WU vanish, and there is really no need for that. Bitcoin can function perfectly fine alongside WU. Not sure why people want Bitcoin to replace fiat, PayPal, WU, banks, etc. Bitcoin is here and it's working, so use it!!

Yeah people will use with they comfortable are, bitcoin transactions fees is low where as WU has huge fees, once people will  get aware about bitcoin, they will surely switch from WU to bitcoin.
bitcoinbox

Activity: 675
Merit: 254

So far so good

View Profile
May 12, 2016, 10:18:53 AM

Is it a good idea to compare an egg and an apple?
I mean Western Union, Paypal, etc. are very different than Bitcoin. There are no comparison.
DimensionZ

Activity: 350
Merit: 251

Shit, did I leave the stove on?

View Profile
May 12, 2016, 10:45:12 AM

Well you could move money overseas with either one of Western Union, PayPal and Bitcoin but wouldn't it make sense from a financial standpoint to choose the one with the lowest transaction fees so as to save yourself some cash? Western Union has offices in remote locations and in less developed countries buf if Bitcoin is available where I am sending the money to I would use Bitcoin in a heartbeat.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 »
  Print  

Jump to: