Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 10:07:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 64 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Bitcoin 'real money' to you?  (Read 70621 times)
amiryaqot
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 27, 2015, 02:26:53 PM

BTCitcoin is more than real money for me i am using it like real money because most of my friends and relatives know about this innovation and using it on daily basis to buy goods and some other stuff. Wink

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
jt byte

Activity: 994
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 27, 2015, 02:31:07 PM

For me yes, it is a real money which you can live from it.
Bitcoin is becoming so much popular and it will 'replace' a bit the fiat money online.
Because the fees are less and easy to send/receive. I have few friends who lives by selling btc.
newcripto

Activity: 728

View Profile
October 27, 2015, 02:34:56 PM

I don't send remittance in fiat anymore.Since I came to know how efficient and cost effective and easy to send funds with bitcoin I use it successfully.Bitcoin is true and real money for me and I adore it.
trinaldao
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

Post your ann & bounty just contact me

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2015, 02:35:08 PM

There's a consistent theme that I see popping up on here that I find rather fascinating, and that is the way that many posters perceive BTC.

What do I mean? People doing things with BTC that they'd never, ever dream of doing with their dollars - gambling as an 'investment', or gambling at all, pouring coins into bullshit investment schemes run by totally anonymous showers of shit, lending on here to shambolic morons, asking the question 'where do I get free coins?'

Considering how much of a pain up the arse it can be to obtain coins and keep them safe and their future potential, I find it bizarre that there's such an extreme disconnect. I would've thought it should be at the opposite end of the scale but that's clearly not the case for many.

Why do you think this attitude has developed and where do you stand yourself?

i will stand myself at "bitcoin as an Investment" but not like gambling This is more like gold, or other commodities
and always thought "BTCitcoin Is real money"

INVALID BBCODE: close of unopened tag in table (1)
boopy265420
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1005

View Profile
October 27, 2015, 02:35:17 PM

At start I was taking it as pump and dump token or virtual money but now I consider it as real as fiat money.I use only bitcoin online wherever is possible to pay with it.Yes it is true money to me now and sooner for all the world will be same.
fantoos

Activity: 784

View Profile
October 27, 2015, 02:35:36 PM

Bitcoin is real money to me because now it can be used for almost everything easily directly or indirectly.So there is no doubt that Bitcoin is real money but in digital form.

susila_bai

Activity: 1260
Merit: 524

View Profile
October 27, 2015, 02:41:18 PM

every one has their own opinion about bitcoins, who are trading online only for them bitcoin is real money, and who dont know much about online and where online shoping is limit for them bitcoin is still in confusing.
yanka50

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 27, 2015, 03:03:53 PM

Bitcoins is real as any other currency. If you can buy stuff with it is real yo.
Supercrypt
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1054

View Profile
October 27, 2015, 03:12:37 PM

every one has their own opinion about bitcoins, who are trading online only for them bitcoin is real money, and who dont know much about online and where online shoping is limit for them bitcoin is still in confusing.

As Bitcoins are currency, more businesses accept them as payment. In fact, some businesses only accept Bitcoin due to the cause that it conducts transactions peer-to-peer. Nothing is confusing with respect to bitcoin. Once you started using it, you will find it's real meaning.
blackmachinegun

Activity: 532

View Profile
October 27, 2015, 03:15:12 PM

bitcoin is coin made by bytes. can used to shop online. as long as can buy something it is real money.
lumeire
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1009

Next-Gen Trade Racing Metaverse

View Profile
October 27, 2015, 03:17:41 PM

I'd rather look at bitcoin as the 'stock' of the blockchain tech, but ontopic, yes. It's a way to transfer value - which is likely the essence of money.

▄▄████████▄▄           ▄▄████████▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄   ▄▄████████████████▄▄
  ▄███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████  ▄███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄
 ▄█████▀            ▀█  ▄█████▀            ▀█████▄
▄█████▀                ▄█████▀    ▄▄        ▀█████▄
█████▌                 █████▌     ████▄▄     ▐█████
█████▌                 █████▌     ████▀▀     ▐█████
▀█████▄      ▄▄▄      █████▀      ▀▀        ▄█████▀
 ▀█████▄▄   █████    █████▀  █▄            ▄█████▀
  ▀██████████████ ██████▀▀  █████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
    ▀▀███████████ ████▀    ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀███████ ▀▀           ▀▀████████▀▀
            ▀███▀
|
..NEXT-GEN TRADE RACING METAVERSE..
|   WEBSITE   |   TELEGRAM   |   TWITTER   |   MEDIUM   |
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
anthonycamp

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 27, 2015, 03:20:47 PM

now taht you ask only when i trat the dollars or euros i feel real money when its btc i fell like some number just putted there into digital to become material yes like money but stilll not as a currency as much still
Hellacopter

Activity: 742

View Profile
October 27, 2015, 03:21:39 PM

For me yes, it is a real money which you can live from it.
Bitcoin is becoming so much popular and it will 'replace' a bit the fiat money online.
Because the fees are less and easy to send/receive. I have few friends who lives by selling btc.

I can understand from your post that not only Bitcoin is a real money, but also bitcoin become the source making live many people worldwide. And it's normal noticing the increasing of btc's prices last weeks
kolloh
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1023

View Profile
October 27, 2015, 03:24:47 PM

As long as bitcoin can be spent to acquire things or be traded for fiat, it is as good as 'real money'. So for me, yes, it is 'real money'
thejaytiesto
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014

View Profile
October 27, 2015, 03:29:15 PM

Yes it is, if you can buy goods and services with bitcoin. Cannot be a real money if it is worthless and no real value.

Yes that is true. Bitcoin is a real money but one can't buy all items and in all places because as of now bitcoin is limited to internet users so only one can buy items or services through online. Normal stores may not accept your bitcoins so even though it is a real money but currently only limited to buy only certain things online.

The only thing that Bitcoin is lacking so it is more accepted at a mainstream level and seen as "money" by the average Joe is merchants. The lack of merchants IRL specially. But since we are on the early days, this will eventually start changing. Once people see "Bitcoin accepted here" in every other shop in real life, then they will become curious and learn about it.
aakashsangwan

Activity: 994

PUGG.io

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2015, 03:38:02 PM

Yes it is, if you can buy goods and services with bitcoin. Cannot be a real money if it is worthless and no real value.

Yes that is true. Bitcoin is a real money but one can't buy all items and in all places because as of now bitcoin is limited to internet users so only one can buy items or services through online. Normal stores may not accept your bitcoins so even though it is a real money but currently only limited to buy only certain things online.

The only thing that Bitcoin is lacking so it is more accepted at a mainstream level and seen as "money" by the average Joe is merchants. The lack of merchants IRL specially. But since we are on the early days, this will eventually start changing. Once people see "Bitcoin accepted here" in every other shop in real life, then they will become curious and learn about it.

what you comment is correct, till the all shops dont paste as bitcoin accepted here in their shop till then we cannot tell that bitcoin is real money, right now only online purchase and in some countrys shop have accepted to take bitcoin. it is still much more time to go for this real thing to happen

target
Legendary

Activity: 2240
Merit: 1041

View Profile
October 27, 2015, 03:46:33 PM

Its easy to attract users who treat btc not a real money to play poker/dice games. but if you treat btc as real, you will tend to purchase something for its value.

leex1528

Activity: 784

View Profile
October 27, 2015, 03:57:16 PM

There's a consistent theme that I see popping up on here that I find rather fascinating, and that is the way that many posters perceive BTC.

What do I mean? People doing things with BTC that they'd never, ever dream of doing with their dollars - gambling as an 'investment', or gambling at all, pouring coins into bullshit investment schemes run by totally anonymous showers of shit, lending on here to shambolic morons, asking the question 'where do I get free coins?'

Considering how much of a pain up the arse it can be to obtain coins and keep them safe and their future potential, I find it bizarre that there's such an extreme disconnect. I would've thought it should be at the opposite end of the scale but that's clearly not the case for many.

Why do you think this attitude has developed and where do you stand yourself?

You bring up some good points.  But just because those points are true, why would people not consider BTC as real money. 

If someone was to offer me free money for gambling, or if ponzi schemes were out, and I was able to have access to all this free money you better believe I would be using it and doing the exact same stuff I do on BTC. 
Daniel91
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824

View Profile
October 27, 2015, 04:03:56 PM

Definitely yes!!
I used bitcoin until now to buy digital products or services, to invest in other on line businesses and also part of BTC funds I exchanged and cashed out.
So, I did the same things with bitcoin like with my paper money so bitcoin is real money for me Smiley 

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
Supercrypt
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1054

View Profile
October 27, 2015, 06:00:30 PM

Definitely yes!!
I used bitcoin until now to buy digital products or services, to invest in other on line businesses and also part of BTC funds I exchanged and cashed out.
So, I did the same things with bitcoin like with my paper money so bitcoin is real money for me Smiley 

Now a days bitcoin debit cards are getting more famous even though it has some fees unlike our ATM cards. With this card you can buy anything or any services like we are using simple ATM cards. So, there is a reason bitcoin is the real money and only difference it can be a investment also.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 64 »
  Print  

Jump to: