Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 03:45:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Bitcoin 'real money' to you?  (Read 70619 times)
Abiky
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1359

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
December 26, 2015, 11:32:34 PM

Of course. From my point of view, Bitcoin is real money since you can do anything that you would do with real cash (fiat). You can buy and sell with it and even loan your BTC. The best part of Bitcoin is that you are in control of your money and you are your own bank. Just my opinion.  Grin

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
azeminjo09

Activity: 249
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 26, 2015, 11:35:44 PM

Yes it is real money to me, since I can buy everything I need in my life and almsot everyone accept them.
jmintuck02

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
December 28, 2015, 01:55:49 AM

It is real money to me. If it didn't seem like that, I'd still be using paypal and cc all the damn time and disregard BTC.

sillug

Activity: 211
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 28, 2015, 01:57:14 AM

Definitely is real to me, although it's not physical.
goinmerry
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1083

View Profile
December 28, 2015, 02:20:53 AM

Definitely is real to me, although it's not physical.

That is right. People wants something that can be seen and felt that is why they keep rejecting bitcoin because there is nothing physical with  it. They think it is just a game money.
ajun96

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 28, 2015, 04:04:14 AM

Yes it's real money
If you not believe it, you can send your bitcoin to my address Tongue
Bitcoins is a real money and everyone here love Bitcoins for its value and day by day its demand is increasing the rates. We can buy or sell for any kind of goods with Bitcoins

perhaps all the bitcoin people will certainly mention that bitcoin is real money you can buy stuff with bitcoin but how with the common people ?
Windpower

Activity: 532
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 28, 2015, 04:06:39 AM

Bitcoin is real money, you can buy things with bitcoins and you can sell and receive bitcoins. I understand your point of view, but there are people that invest with dollars to ponzi schemes too, and ones that lost its dollars in gambling.

Bitcoin is definitely real money to me. Like Raimonn said, you can buy and sell things using Bitcoin. But I don't know about the last thing he said. How do people invest fiat in ponzi schemes. I haven't seen anything like that before.
Silver Art

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 28, 2015, 04:23:29 AM

I consider it money and I have earned and spent bitcoin online.  Specifically, I consider it an "internet currency" that is not backed by the "full faith" of a government. 
blackmachinegun

Activity: 532

View Profile
December 28, 2015, 04:51:36 AM

You can not say it is not money because it is digital.It is real money for me because I can use it just like traditional money to complete my purchasing directly or indirectly at this point.
usually we only know the money is piece of paper or coins
but bitcoin is the currency of the future then that is a digital
MTBTT

Activity: 504

View Profile
December 28, 2015, 09:30:36 AM

why don you ask is dollar money to you ?

if they are no trust on the dollar or watever it just a paper .
if you're comparing with the dollar of course it will be different
the dollar has a very long history
the dollar is not an ordinary paper it will always be valuable
lorylore
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 28, 2015, 09:45:53 AM

yes dollar is very diff, however, i do believe bitcoin has value in it. so that is why i am putting my real dollar in exchange for bitcoin. given enough time and development, bticoin too will hopeful be stable enough to be accepted by many people.
RealBitcoin

Activity: 854
Merit: 1009

JAYCE DESIGNS - http://bit.ly/1tmgIwK

View Profile
December 28, 2015, 10:01:00 AM

yes dollar is very diff, however, i do believe bitcoin has value in it. so that is why i am putting my real dollar in exchange for bitcoin. given enough time and development, bticoin too will hopeful be stable enough to be accepted by many people.

Doesnt have to be stable to become widely used, however regardless it will get stable after a while if more people use it.

yenxz

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 28, 2015, 10:05:58 AM

No, bitcoin is not real money for me,if bitcoin not traded and juat stay in wallet or exchange,bitcoin justba number who have value and can be trade and become payment.
avw1982

Activity: 644

View Profile
December 28, 2015, 10:20:29 AM

No, bitcoin is not real money for me,if bitcoin not traded and juat stay in wallet or exchange,bitcoin justba number who have value and can be trade and become payment.

As a bitcoin user, Sure you know real face bitcoin. It works more than fiat currency  If you sell also Its going for high value.Bitcoin is anonymous than other money and more transparent. and we using on online purchasing and all. Why not its real dude.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
December 28, 2015, 12:15:24 PM

because the dollar has somehow a fixed value and the market is not deciding everything about it, like it happen in bitcoin

with bitcoin is so random and always will be because it is decided by the people how much it is worth
Meuh6879
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1011

View Profile
December 28, 2015, 12:17:54 PM

All my life economies are in the Bitcoin network ... so yes, i trust more Bitcoin than FIAT system.
And i have read 3 months before done this.

Bitcoin win in all strategies ... because, like a P2P system, it is attached by "nothing" (controlled by the majority, not by a few people like the banks and the state).
goinmerry
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1083

View Profile
December 28, 2015, 01:23:05 PM

All my life economies are in the Bitcoin network ... so yes, i trust more Bitcoin than FIAT system.

Bitcoin win in all strategies ... because, like a P2P system, it is attached by "nothing" (controlled by the majority, not by a few people like the banks and the state).

I just withdraw 20 dollars so it is real money. Used it for buying my usb otg and my micro sd card. Now I am even happier that I got to know bitcoin with my early life.  Grin
RealBitcoin

Activity: 854
Merit: 1009

JAYCE DESIGNS - http://bit.ly/1tmgIwK

View Profile
December 28, 2015, 01:26:38 PM

Wow, i would not put all my savings in bitcoin, despite it's features. It's never a good thing to put all your money in 1 place.

However bitcoin certainly deserves a 30-40% of a portfolio in my opinion, because it can serve for many purposes while gold & silver can easily be confiscated despite being more durable.

Abiky
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1359

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
December 28, 2015, 03:22:18 PM

And maybe then the dollar would evolve and be sort of like Bitcoin in a digital form but backed up by the US Government. Or it could be the case that Bitcoin could become the world's reserve currency. Other than that, no matter if it is Bitcoin or the dollar, they would have no real value unless there is usability and backed up with something. But ues, Bitcoin can also be considered as real money. Just my opinion.  Cheesy

███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
manselr
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1004

View Profile
December 28, 2015, 07:01:49 PM

And maybe then the dollar would evolve and be sort of like Bitcoin in a digital form but backed up by the US Government. Or it could be the case that Bitcoin could become the world's reserve currency. Other than that, no matter if it is Bitcoin or the dollar, they would have no real value unless there is usability and backed up with something. But ues, Bitcoin can also be considered as real money. Just my opinion.  Cheesy

The future is cashless as has been pointed out before by a lot of people already that know how to look long term, and it will not be pretty.. it will be a controlled asset, so it cant be Bitcoin, unless we let them centralize its nodes.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 »
  Print  

Jump to: