Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 07:17:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Bitcoin 'real money' to you?  (Read 70619 times)
jethrorn99

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 02, 2016, 12:29:29 PM

If it could be used for buying, selling things, then i would say it's real money, even it doesn't have a physical form.
Money is any item or verifiable record that is generally accepted as payment for goods and services and repayment of debts in a particular country or socio-economic context, or is easily converted to such a form. (By wikipedia)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
lahm-44

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 02, 2016, 01:13:56 PM

yes it is a 'real money' because it almost full fills all my wish and the wishes it cant fullfill is due to rest of the peoples dont know about it or dont belive in this. but if they also use it ( like they are beliving and using the faint ) then i am sure all my wishes will be fulfilled i can buy candies with bitcoin from my local shop and i know someday it will be true i am waiting for that day and i hope many peoples are waiting fr the same day it like proving for our existance..yeah we are the bitcoiners and one day we will rule the world i mean with friends :p
umaOuma

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 02, 2016, 03:43:01 PM

yes it is a 'real money' because it almost full fills all my wish and the wishes it cant fullfill is due to rest of the peoples dont know about it or dont belive in this. but if they also use it ( like they are beliving and using the faint ) then i am sure all my wishes will be fulfilled i can buy candies with bitcoin from my local shop and i know someday it will be true i am waiting for that day and i hope many peoples are waiting fr the same day it like proving for our existance..yeah we are the bitcoiners and one day we will rule the world i mean with friends :p

Yes if you can buy real things by using bitcoins the bitcoin is a real money, as I use it for online shopping, online transfers and I am getting money in the form of fiat by converting my bitcoins then it becomes real for me, the only thing is that I cannot hold bitcoins physically but if it is taking care of my needs then it is real.
blackmachinegun

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 02, 2016, 04:45:21 PM

Bitcoin is not real money to me.Bitcoin is virtual or illusion online money.
It can't be touched so it is not a real money.
Bitcoin is just number which is visualized on our monitors, but yeah it is real money because we can buy things.
It's 'machine to machine' transactions but it makes sense to us, same like the e-banking money.
You cannot refer to bitcoin as an illusion, although its form is digital, bitcoin is not an illusion, because bitcoin is real
many stores that accept bitcoin for payment options

Bitcoin is not illusion it's real because you can buy products using it and exchange it for other currencies from Bitcoin traders and if you think that something which cannot to touched or felt is not real then what about those savings which we do at banks? Do you think banks have all in cash ? It's just a digital thing if all the customers wants their money back from bank at the same time then they will not have that money to give you because it is all digital.
it is true, does not mean that does not have a shape that is an illusion,
good analogy bro,
any shape if it can be used for tool exchange, I think it includes money? bitcoin too
adicted

Activity: 546

View Profile
January 02, 2016, 04:53:11 PM

Yes if you can buy real things by using bitcoins the bitcoin is a real money, as I use it for online shopping, online transfers and I am getting money in the form of fiat by converting my bitcoins then it becomes real for me, the only thing is that I cannot hold bitcoins physically but if it is taking care of my needs then it is real.

Well there is a thing called physical bitcoins which, of course, you can hold physically. I can see some people using it to trade to other users. I am just not sure how does it work though. Try to check them out.
lixer

Activity: 2506
Merit: 586

View Profile
January 02, 2016, 04:58:04 PM

Yes, it's real money for me. Bitcoins have a price amount in USD and other currencies and I exchange this amount via PayPal that earned me fiat cash with which I manage to save some amount and spend the rest on my expenses. It's not a lot of money for me but definitely worth it.

Hugroll

Activity: 756

View Profile
January 02, 2016, 05:09:59 PM

There's a consistent theme that I see popping up on here that I find rather fascinating, and that is the way that many posters perceive BTC.

What do I mean? People doing things with BTC that they'd never, ever dream of doing with their dollars - gambling as an 'investment', or gambling at all, pouring coins into bullshit investment schemes run by totally anonymous showers of shit, lending on here to shambolic morons, asking the question 'where do I get free coins?'

Considering how much of a pain up the arse it can be to obtain coins and keep them safe and their future potential, I find it bizarre that there's such an extreme disconnect. I would've thought it should be at the opposite end of the scale but that's clearly not the case for many.

Why do you think this attitude has developed and where do you stand yourself?
ofcourse it is real money to me, if i trade U.S dollars in for bitcoin i see that as a change of currency. bitcoin is its own currency. when people talk about "free bitcoins" its never actually free, they also perform a task to earn the bitcoins.
xmax

Activity: 131

View Profile
January 02, 2016, 08:27:03 PM

Until i read this questions, I never really thought about it.  I never treated Bitcoin like real money but I used it to buy and sell items.  I would loose .1 BTC when gambling and not think twice about the fact that it was worth $40.00.  Now that this question has been risen to me, I am thinking more clearly and not so willing to waste it.
bitcoinboy12

Activity: 518
Merit: 254

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
January 02, 2016, 08:34:19 PM

For me yes in fact it helps to me to pay our bills like monthly payment for internet, electricity and for apartment.
And also use it for buying foods and stuffs. bitcoins is really fast to withdraw just like a normal Atm debit card
That you can withdraw it into fiat instantly..

cjmoles
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1016

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2016, 11:45:57 PM

I don't know if bitcoin is "real" money yet.  It is still just a bunch of ones and zeros that can be traded to somebody for real money.  I mean, would bitcoin have any value if there was nobody who was willing to give their fiat for it?  It's still too hard to buy a beer with invisible money for me to consider it real.
xmax

Activity: 131

View Profile
January 03, 2016, 01:20:31 AM

For me yes in fact it helps to me to pay our bills like monthly payment for internet, electricity and for apartment.
And also use it for buying foods and stuffs. bitcoins is really fast to withdraw just like a normal Atm debit card
What bills are you paying with Bitcoin and how are you doing it?  Are you transferring the money to your bank account first or are you paying directly with Bitcoin.  Where are you located, in what country?  Do you earn your bitcoin through faucets, work or gambling.  Please let us know.
coinplus
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1058

View Profile
January 03, 2016, 02:33:40 AM

Yes, same here. For me, it is real money as I managed to earn the salary for which I work for in an office for a month.
Currently, I manage to make a good amount of profit just by trading but now I'm planning to even invest in sites which can earn me more BTC and then I can withdraw it for fiat cash.
Daijess

Activity: 241

View Profile
January 03, 2016, 03:44:12 AM

sure it is since people are paying the dollar for it .
ShrykeZ

Activity: 630

View Profile
January 03, 2016, 04:36:40 AM

Yeah it's real as any other major currency as it does have a monetary value.
QPocket

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 03, 2016, 04:54:12 AM

For sure it is real money, you can buy things with bitcoins and you can sell and receive bitcoins.
jmintuck02

Activity: 182

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
January 03, 2016, 04:56:43 AM

Fiat is in a way real money, it was just the way it was back since forever. We never knew any different before btc.

BTC, Satoshi invented revolutionized money to digital money. I was foolish enough to think it would be a fad. I wish

I could find an old wallet I had somewhere and see what is hiding in it. I had an old wallet somewhere, but dont know

if it could be found. If I ever find it, I would be sickeningly rich, because I think there had been BTC25000 in it at LEAST.

kevin go

Activity: 238

View Profile
January 03, 2016, 05:12:47 AM

Yap its real...i can buy a thing with btc and find money in btc..
Thanks for the founder of btc  Cool
rickadone
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1024

View Profile
January 03, 2016, 05:58:27 AM

Yap its real...i can buy a thing with btc and find money in btc..
Thanks for the founder of btc  Cool

with my little satoshi, I can not use my bitcoin as real money. So, I save my bitcoin to bigger in value. May be in 25 years bitcoin will become 1 satoshi = 1USD. Then I will use my bitcoin as real money.
relq

Activity: 420

View Profile
January 03, 2016, 08:22:55 AM

Yes it is. Bitcoin is real money to me because you can buy or pay anything with bitcoin by online. so you don't need to pay in real life using your real money.
ajun96

Activity: 658

View Profile
January 03, 2016, 08:42:31 AM

BTC can be exchanged to real money "USD and local currencies" and therefore I consider it real cash regardless of it being electronic or not.
besides that way bitcoin can stand alone, can be used directly to buy goods or other without direct exchange it to fiat money, bitcoin is real money

When we are all the late adopters seeing bitcoin as a real money to spend it wherever possible to pay with bitcoin. Whereas the early adopters (including Satoshi) are still seeing bitcoin as an investment.
But time will answer who will benefit more by using bitcoin either real money or investment.
I think both of them are different things, that the special bitcoin currency of another. we can use bitcoin to buy anything and also for investment of course, I think it would be equally as profitable
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 »
  Print  

Jump to: