Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 04:53:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Bitcoin 'real money' to you?  (Read 70619 times)
Arcteryx

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

EtherSphere - Social Games

View Profile
January 11, 2016, 04:53:12 AM

How can it be real money when I use real money to buy it?
Until that day that fiat doesn't exist anymore then I will call whatever that we are trading for goods and services real money, whether it be bitcoin or whatever else it is we will be using at the time.

........EtherSphere........
.....ICO Starts on 5th August, 4:00 PM UTC.....
.......High ROI Social Ethereum Games
........BENEFITS WHITEPAPER ANN THREAD GITHUB REDDIT TWITTER........

░░░░░░░░░░░▄██████████████▀░░░░░
░░░░░░░░▄█████████████▀▀░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░▄██████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░██████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░██████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░▀███████████████████▄░░░░
░░░░░░░░░▀▀██████████████████▄░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄██████▀░░░
░░░░░░░▄█████████████████▀▀░░░░░
░░░░░▄████████████████▀▀░░░░░░░░......................
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
blackmachinegun

Activity: 532

View Profile
January 11, 2016, 04:48:16 PM

Yeah, Bitcoin is real money for me, because I can pay for digital goods easily as if I am using a credit card. but the problem is not a lot of sites accept bitcoin now. and that can be solved when more people adopt using bitcoin.

true, sites that accept bitcoin is still very limited and of course it makes a problem for me
correct, adoption and deployment of bitcoin, can reproduce sites that accept bitcoin
Ryananda

Activity: 812
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 01:39:00 AM

For me bitcoin is real money,even not buying ,atleast till the moment anything with bitcoin,i had exchanged it to fiat and well i feel the power of it.I would spend it if i see what i use cellphones and computers to be paid with bitcoin,i guess openbazar may change my previous wages into technology.
Yes maybe you are looking bitcoin can replace the function of money as a medium of exchange.
Bitcoin but can not replace the money is in fact because money has the form / form while bitcoin not voting form / form.
goinmerry
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1083

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 06:19:18 AM

Until that day that fiat doesn't exist anymore then I will call whatever that we are trading for goods and services real money, whether it be bitcoin or whatever else it is we will be using at the time.

Okay.... But some use it now for buying stuffs online. And you can see some stores where they post in their doors "bitcoin accepted here"
So it is real if it used to buy stuffs right? Maybe you just havent tried it yet and always done it exchanging for fiat before using it.
Kisleav

Activity: 1092

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 07:16:14 AM

I value btc a lot but I still cconsider it as virtually
Imoote

Activity: 714

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 02:38:29 PM

Okay.... But some use it now for buying stuffs online. And you can see some stores where they post in their doors "bitcoin accepted here"
So it is real if it used to buy stuffs right? Maybe you just havent tried it yet and always done it exchanging for fiat before using it.
Now it has a lot of people use bitcoin for online shopping. Now bitcoin might think me as a medium of exchange has replaced the money, maybe not replace but equaled the usefulness of money.
Supercrypt
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1054

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 06:09:08 PM

I value btc a lot but I still cconsider it as virtually

But bitcoin has more advantages than real money even it's a virtual money. It is more easier to use bitcoin as a real money like taking it to physical from form it's virtuality like using bitcoin debit cards. 
But I do not see currently bitcoin as you real money because I'm saving it for my future use like after my retirement I will use my bitcoin like a real money.
nerFohanzo

Activity: 631

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 06:12:20 PM

Now it has a lot of people use bitcoin for online shopping. Now bitcoin might think me as a medium of exchange has replaced the money, maybe not replace but equaled the usefulness of money.

Exactly, and people who are using bitcoins I am very much sure that would surely continue to use bitcoins either for shopping or transfer or converting it to fiat, as bitcoin transactions are very much transparent and with the least fees and that is the reason people are more attracted towards bitcoins and that is the good sign as bitcoin seeks a support from its users.
knowhow

Activity: 560

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 06:23:41 PM

For me bitcoin is real money,even not buying ,atleast till the moment anything with bitcoin,i had exchanged it to fiat and well i feel the power of it.I would spend it if i see what i use cellphones and computers to be paid with bitcoin,i guess openbazar may change my previous wages into technology.
Yes maybe you are looking bitcoin can replace the function of money as a medium of exchange.
Bitcoin but can not replace the money is in fact because money has the form / form while bitcoin not voting form / form.

Im not saying bitcoin can or could replace fiat,that wont happen,governments would and wont allow such thing,but people can avodi bank system today and be able to apply their money where they wanna,buying some altcoin and let it for someyears a stable like doge,i remember doge at 31 satoshis and todays its at 40 ,soo not too much ,just something like 33% up happened.
goinmerry
Legendary

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 06:52:43 AM

Yes that is right. Although it is still limited some are absorbing the way payment could be with online currency. My first thinking when it comes to spending online money would be MMO games. That is why I am still hoping there is that big game that will come where you can buy premium items through bitcoin.
ajun96

Activity: 658

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 07:01:05 AM

I think the function of money is to pay, as long as bitcoin can be used to buy something, it can be said bitcoin is real money.
stromma44

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 09:41:41 AM

I think the function of money is to pay, as long as bitcoin can be used to buy something, it can be said bitcoin is real money.

Yeah that is correct, if you can buy online anything or you can convert it to fiat then it is a real money for you, as bitcoin is taking care of my mobile recharge online transfers as I am getting hard cash in my hand then it directly becomes a real money for me and day will come when we would buy physical things using bitcoins.
koshgel
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 09:43:00 AM

Depends on who you talk to but as far as I'm concerned all the goods that I want or need can be purchased with Bitcoin. That makes it as real as any other kind of money.
dhimasnk

Activity: 546

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 10:16:58 AM

I think bitcoin is not real money, but bitcoin is digital money but can be used like real money

BUY LOW/SELL HIGH
24/7 TRADING BOT  GUNBOT  THE AUTOMATIC PROFIT GENERATOR FOR POLONIEX
LIMITED EDITION NOW AVAILABLE FOR KRAKEN AND BITTREX  My bitcoin address: 37xyZGoqmkeTTatsWcnFJS4iL4xdE4Cuia + wex.nz codes at Peermarketer@gmail.com
Daijess

Activity: 241

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 10:41:54 AM

I will consider Bitcoin real money if I am able to use it worldwide. At this point this is not the case. I see it as an alternative currency. That's basically what it is right now.

blackmachinegun

Activity: 532

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 10:50:54 AM

in fact, I still exchange, bitcoin to fiat money to be able to use and spend it to buy goods, because it is still a bit of online stores that accept payment via bitcoin
CrimBit

Activity: 672

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 01:37:30 PM

I think bitcoin is not real money, but bitcoin is digital money but can be used like real money
how about your money where stored at bank (online) ?
it's digital money too, so.......  Roll Eyes
goinmerry
Legendary

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 02:35:13 PM

how about your money where stored at bank (online) ?
it's digital money too, so.......  Roll Eyes

How about Paypal also. Seems like it is also a digital money right? It just says it is in dollars. Is it because dollars are famous so it is real money. That way of thinking will lead us to nowhere.
knowhow

Activity: 560

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 07:51:55 PM

Those statements makes no sense,bitcoin is money ,if it is worth enought ?No,it has a huge potencial to go up and be at the 3 digits,saying bitcoin isnt money is the same thing as say USA is a poor country,soo give me a break.
Brian Dean

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 07:58:32 PM

I am new in this Bitcoin community and I am finding this virtual currency quite fascinating and easy to learn and master. Smiley

-Dean
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 »
  Print  

Jump to: