Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 04:45:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Bitcoin 'real money' to you?  (Read 70619 times)
nerFohanzo

Activity: 631
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 28, 2015, 07:42:27 PM

All my life economies are in the Bitcoin network ... so yes, i trust more Bitcoin than FIAT system.
And i have read 3 months before done this.

Bitcoin win in all strategies ... because, like a P2P system, it is attached by "nothing" (controlled by the majority, not by a few people like the banks and the state).

I just withdraw 20 dollars so it is real money. Used it for buying my usb otg and my micro sd card. Now I am even happier that I got to know bitcoin with my early life.  Grin

Yes if you can convert your btc to fiat then its a real money, if you can purchase any product using bitcoins as a mode of payment then its a real money, if bitcoins is taking care of your basic needs, your basic expenses then its a real money and that is the same case with all the bitcoins users who are using bitcoins since a long time regardless where you are using it for online purchases, online transfers or converting it to fiat.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Abiky
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1359

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
December 28, 2015, 07:52:34 PM

All my life economies are in the Bitcoin network ... so yes, i trust more Bitcoin than FIAT system.

Bitcoin win in all strategies ... because, like a P2P system, it is attached by "nothing" (controlled by the majority, not by a few people like the banks and the state).

I just withdraw 20 dollars so it is real money. Used it for buying my usb otg and my micro sd card. Now I am even happier that I got to know bitcoin with my early life.  Grin

Yes if you can convert your btc to fiat then its a real money, if you can purchase any product using bitcoins as a mode of payment then its a real money, if bitcoins is taking care of your basic needs, your basic expenses then its a real money and that is the same case with all the bitcoins users who are using bitcoins since a long time regardless where you are using it for online purchases, online transfers or converting it to fiat.

The only difference that Bitcoin has in relation to fiat currency is that fiat is backed up by goverments and something valuable whereas Bitcoin is not backup by anything but yet it has proven to be real money like the traditional paper money we are used to spend.  Grin

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
ajun96

Activity: 658

View Profile
December 29, 2015, 01:51:45 AM

Bitcoin is real money, you can buy things with bitcoins and you can sell and receive bitcoins. I understand your point of view, but there are people that invest with dollars to ponzi schemes too, and ones that lost its dollars in gambling.

Bitcoin is definitely real money to me. Like Raimonn said, you can buy and sell things using Bitcoin. But I don't know about the last thing he said. How do people invest fiat in ponzi schemes. I haven't seen anything like that before.
you can seen many ponzi scheme in outside like "MMM" did you know that?
I have not been able to use bitcoin to purchase goods with offline Sad
blackmachinegun

Activity: 532

View Profile
December 29, 2015, 02:26:42 AM

No, bitcoin is not real money for me,if bitcoin not traded and juat stay in wallet or exchange,bitcoin justba number who have value and can be trade and become payment.

As a bitcoin user, Sure you know real face bitcoin. It works more than fiat currency  If you sell also Its going for high value.Bitcoin is anonymous than other money and more transparent. and we using on online purchasing and all. Why not its real dude.
because I think he hasnt been able to spend it in the real world, buy goods with bitcoin in a store
still limited to use bitcoin, can only be used in online
goinmerry
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1083

View Profile
December 29, 2015, 03:57:18 AM

Yep, some also uses it for paying their electricity bills, water bills and even their telephone bills. There are some wallet websites that are now connected to those kind of payments.
peteycamey
Legendary

Activity: 1184
Merit: 1017

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2015, 04:55:59 AM

absolutely not. at least not in my country yet.
nichu

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 29, 2015, 05:02:16 AM

why wouldn't they be real money . if investing in bonds , stocks , mutual funds , real estate are real money then why whats the difference in bitcoin. is   the only thing people are watching out because its new and volatile . In short For me its real money
bikoBoy

Activity: 140

View Profile
December 29, 2015, 06:26:32 AM

I consider bitcoin true money, it has the same value given to money (can buy things with it or get money to buy things), in my country i can't buy goods directly with it but can exchange it.
Supercrypt
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1054

View Profile
December 29, 2015, 07:22:01 AM

Yes. I can not buy to mineral water from the traders in roadside.
because they do not have a laptop or smart phone to accept bitcoin payments.
the challenge is.. how to make them have a computer or a smartphone and then convincing them to accept payments with a bitcoin-wallet installed in it.
RealBitcoin

Activity: 854
Merit: 1009

JAYCE DESIGNS - http://bit.ly/1tmgIwK

View Profile
December 29, 2015, 11:17:07 AM

A money doesnt need a country to be money. Gold was used as money long before any country existed.

Bitcoin will be used as money long after countries will dissapear.

RealBitcoin

Activity: 854
Merit: 1009

JAYCE DESIGNS - http://bit.ly/1tmgIwK

View Profile
December 29, 2015, 11:18:26 AM

the challenge is.. how to make them have a computer or a smartphone and then convincing them to accept payments with a bitcoin-wallet installed in it.

Youd dont have to do anything except wait.

Give them a few more years to get to know smart phones and these digital stuffs. Then time will resolve it.

But you can speed it up by telling them about bitcoin and advertising bitcoin hard in your area.

TibanneCat

Activity: 210

BTC > etc

View Profile
December 29, 2015, 11:29:38 AM

YES

it is more real than some crap 3rd world country fiat currencies I had to deal with before

with btc debit cards there isn't much you can't buy nowadays with btc
Meuh6879
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1011

View Profile
December 29, 2015, 12:48:19 PM

The only difference that Bitcoin has in relation to fiat currency is that fiat is backed up by goverments

Well, ask this to deposit members of portugal bank and italian bank that have crashed un december 2015.
Deposits are not available at this time ... even it's below 100 000 euros.

protection of FIAT ?
Safety of FIAT ?

No ... they have no money in vault at the end.
goinmerry
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1083

View Profile
December 29, 2015, 02:34:26 PM

why wouldn't they be real money . if investing in bonds , stocks , mutual funds , real estate are real money then why whats the difference in bitcoin. is   the only thing people are watching out because its new and volatile . In short For me its real money

It is really real. That is good if you think about that. If it can be changed to fiat then it is real. Some just think of it as online playing money. They have no experiences yet of what it is really.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
December 29, 2015, 03:42:21 PM

The only difference that Bitcoin has in relation to fiat currency is that fiat is backed up by goverments

Well, ask this to deposit members of portugal bank and italian bank that have crashed un december 2015.

protection of FIAT ?
Safety of FIAT ?

it's true, when some government crash you have a nice zero in your portfolio, when bitcoin crash it's most likely a dump that will recover

so having a centralized system with a so called "backed up from the government" is a double egde for the value of your funds
OrangeII

Activity: 2072
Merit: 503

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
December 29, 2015, 04:16:25 PM

yes, bitcoin always evident to me, I guess bitcoin already has the same value as the currency in use in my country, because I always add both to count the number of my income every week

.SWG.io.

..Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15..

..Buy Now..

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
..CONFIRMED..

James100t

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 29, 2015, 04:52:34 PM

yes that is real.cause i can buy most of the product by it's.
wikenpp

Activity: 672

View Profile
December 29, 2015, 08:23:23 PM

Anyone claiming it has no value to them is lying.
Since we can use bitcoin for real purchases, it's just a matter of time before the whole world will see it.
umaOuma

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 29, 2015, 08:29:45 PM

Anyone claiming it has no value to them is lying.
Since we can use bitcoin for real purchases, it's just a matter of time before the whole world will see it.

Yes and if you can buy anything using bitcoins then its a real money no matter we don't have physical bitcoins in our hand but it is taking care or our stuffs and that is the best thing about bitcoins, As you can also convert bitcoins to fiat which is a real money so bitcoin is also a real money.
Abiky
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1359

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
December 29, 2015, 08:35:09 PM

protection of FIAT ?
Safety of FIAT ?

it's true, when some government crash you have a nice zero in your portfolio, when bitcoin crash it's most likely a dump that will recover

so having a centralized system with a so called "backed up from the government" is a double egde for the value of your funds

What about investing in Gold bullion? Will that serve as a reliable protection for the value of my money? Just asking hypothetically in case this scenario happens when the governments crash.  Smiley

███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 »
  Print  

Jump to: