Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 09:22:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Bitcoin 'real money' to you?  (Read 70619 times)
romero121
Legendary

Activity: 3164
Merit: 1213

View Profile
January 19, 2016, 01:57:27 PM

According to Wikipedia, "Money is any item or verifiable record that is generally accepted as payment for goods and services and repayment of debts in a particular country or socio-economic context, or is easily converted to such a form."

So I don't know what you mean by "real money." But since you can use Bitcoins to perform payments for goods and services and repayment of debts, I would consider it "real money."

But the purpose of this thread is to share the present status of bitcoin ecosystem in your county/city which allows you to use bitcoin as real money or not.

Secondly some bitcoiners, view bitcoins as investment and saving bitcoins even they are having many opportunities to use bitcoin as real money.

Yes, bitcoin can be a real money or an investment based on your view, amount of holding bitcoins and bitcoin payment adoption in your city.
Bitcoin is a real money to my eyes, because one bitcoin has some value that equals with the local currencies. Also used as if we use local currencies in few markets.
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Imoote

Activity: 714
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 20, 2016, 05:55:11 AM

According to Wikipedia, "Money is any item or verifiable record that is generally accepted as payment for goods and services and repayment of debts in a particular country or socio-economic context, or is easily converted to such a form."

So I don't know what you mean by "real money." But since you can use Bitcoins to perform payments for goods and services and repayment of debts, I would consider it "real money."

But the purpose of this thread is to share the present status of bitcoin ecosystem in your county/city which allows you to use bitcoin as real money or not.

Secondly some bitcoiners, view bitcoins as investment and saving bitcoins even they are having many opportunities to use bitcoin as real money.

Yes, bitcoin can be a real money or an investment based on your view, amount of holding bitcoins and bitcoin payment adoption in your city.
Bitcoin is a real money to my eyes, because one bitcoin has some value that equals with the local currencies. Also used as if we use local currencies in few markets.
Ya can even exceed the price of the local currency. possible for me also feel bitcoin transactions are real money my eyes.
Bitcoin is also very easy to use in the transaction.
goinmerry
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1083

View Profile
January 20, 2016, 07:01:31 AM

Ya can even exceed the price of the local currency. possible for me also feel bitcoin transactions are real money my eyes.

That is great if you see it like that. The more of us looking at it like that the merrier. Seems like there are also some people that are now stopping due to the fact that is going down. I hope they come back and also see that bitcoin is real money just like you.
ajun96

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 20, 2016, 07:34:43 AM

No, because I cant use it to pay something in my local region yet.. I hope soon there some shop in my region accepting bitcoin.
lol I will cite as you said,

dollar or other currency who cannot use it to buy goods or stuff in your country or a country, could you call it is not real money?
nerFohanzo

Activity: 631
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 20, 2016, 06:48:34 PM

No, because I cant use it to pay something in my local region yet.. I hope soon there some shop in my region accepting bitcoin.
lol I will cite as you said,

dollar or other currency who cannot use it to buy goods or stuff in your country or a country, could you call it is not real money?

Correct, even if you can make online purchases using bitcoin then it becomes real money and it can also be converted  to fiat currency  which can help you to buy stuffs in your country, so basically it is taking care of your needs, and don't worry  there would be day when you can pay direclty with bitcoins to buy any physical  product.
MaritiJames3

Activity: 448

View Profile
January 20, 2016, 06:52:52 PM

Bitcoin is just as real to me as fiat is. Both of these are, in my eyes different kinds of currencies. I see bitcoin as my alternative one seeing as that I can't use bitcoin on a daily basis yet.
Chris_Sabian
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 21, 2016, 02:23:23 AM

Bitcoin is just as real to me as fiat is. Both of these are, in my eyes different kinds of currencies. I see bitcoin as my alternative one seeing as that I can't use bitcoin on a daily basis yet.

True. Just wait.
Aleator

Activity: 616

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2016, 03:03:25 AM

As Bitcoin or Dollar ?

If bitcoin, i never use bitcoin to buy goods or my daily needed, but if trade/buy my friend goods (bitcoin user) i already use it

Imoote

Activity: 714

View Profile
January 21, 2016, 05:45:07 AM

That is great if you see it like that. The more of us looking at it like that the merrier. Seems like there are also some people that are now stopping due to the fact that is going down. I hope they come back and also see that bitcoin is real money just like you.
Ya.. up and down the price it was a regular thing on the currency. Currencies such as the dollar, etc. also would have experienced ups and downs. In order to ride must be managed properly so that prices continue to rise. Bitcoin will progress and a lot of people who follow bitcoin, I believe it.
goinmerry
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1083

View Profile
January 21, 2016, 05:53:55 AM

Ya.. up and down the price it was a regular thing on the currency. Currencies such as the dollar, etc. also would have experienced ups and downs. In order to ride must be managed properly so that prices continue to rise. Bitcoin will progress and a lot of people who follow bitcoin, I believe it.

I think it is just gold that is going up now. But bitcoin is going back to. I guess demands are going back and some buyers are still there to invest their fiat for bitcoin.
randchingo

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2016, 08:11:20 AM

In my opinion real money is money that can be used to purchase services and obtain goods, This can be done by BTC in a large number of fields plus BTC can be exchanged to USD and plenty of other currencies through exchanges and then used to buy items, it's real cash IMO

Account Relinquished to @Operatr https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1325685
jerowacik
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 21, 2016, 08:16:44 AM

In my opinion real money is money that can be used to purchase services and obtain goods, This can be done by BTC in a large number of fields plus BTC can be exchanged to USD and plenty of other currencies through exchanges and then used to buy items, it's real cash IMO
any yes all this now actually be purchased with bitcoin. we just stay with dollar exchange.
Altynbekova

Activity: 476

View Profile
January 21, 2016, 08:21:08 AM

Bitcoin was something that wasn othing now is something that is really good for traders and still something is still real money, but is not like we use it in real life like in groceries for some use it, but that many people and there is also not that many stores that accept it.

Still is real money you can buy sell or anything with bitcoin so that is really nice.
Luqman

Activity: 826
Merit: 263

View Profile
January 21, 2016, 08:24:27 AM

You can't use another country's currency to pay in your local region either. That doesn't make it not a real currency. It will take time for Bitcoin to spread, what with all the volatility and high learning curve.
I dont get it what you're said, I mean is I cant use bitcoin to paying something in my country yet. But when there some merchant then I could pay them with my bitcoin.
Luqman

Activity: 826
Merit: 263

View Profile
January 21, 2016, 08:26:53 AM

you can use it online, come on, anyone on this planet, minus third world have access to internet, there is really no excuse anymore to use bitcoin

i think people are more scared to lose their money when they buy bitcoin, that's the real reason, they still see it as an asset for investment, when bitcoin is more of a young currency
But it will takes much fees if use it for online thing, because I have to pay extra for shipping. That will cost much from my wallet.
Newcoins2020

Activity: 406

View Profile
January 21, 2016, 08:32:59 AM

you can use it online, come on, anyone on this planet, minus third world have access to internet, there is really no excuse anymore to use bitcoin

i think people are more scared to lose their money when they buy bitcoin, that's the real reason, they still see it as an asset for investment, when bitcoin is more of a young currency
But it will takes much fees if use it for online thing, because I have to pay extra for shipping. That will cost much from my wallet.

Well that is just beter to collect bitcoin and trade or or hold it.
For shopping online is just better to just fiat for the in your country for shopping.

Bitcoin is nice to but something when if they are some discounts like in Black Friday.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
January 21, 2016, 08:38:54 AM

well that is true for fiat also, so what's your point there? usually when you buy online you have fat better choice than with phisical shop
FlyingSaucer

Activity: 78

View Profile
January 21, 2016, 08:45:58 AM

I perceive Bitcoin as a virtual money balance similar to PayPal for buying items primarily online. I don't cash out to my bank account.
Premium Account Reseller

Activity: 62

View Profile
January 21, 2016, 11:19:49 AM

Anything that has value and can be used to buy something is real money for me , just in my opinion , what the differences between fiat and bitcoin? thought the function is the same.
jtipt

Activity: 1064
Merit: 529

View Profile
January 21, 2016, 02:54:48 PM

No, i would always have that thought of cashing out my BTC as soon as the price raises. I dont think its more real because maybe you cant use it for everyday activities atleast yet. I am a person who does not keep more than $100.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 »
  Print  

Jump to: