Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: NBA Coach of the Year Award?
Mark Daigneault - Thunder
Joe Mazzulla - Celtics
Chris Finch - Timberwolves
Michael Malone - Nuggets
Other

Pages: « 1 ... 1380 1381 1382 1383 1384 1385 1386 1387 1388 1389 1390 1391 1392 1393 1394 1395 1396 1397 1398 1399 1400 1401 1402 1403 1404 1405 1406 1407 1408 1409 1410 1411 1412 1413 1414 1415 1416 1417 1418 1419 1420 1421 1422 1423 1424 1425 1426 1427 1428 1429 [1430] 1431 1432 1433 1434 1435 1436 1437 1438 1439 1440 1441 1442 1443 1444 1445 1446 1447 1448 1449 1450 1451 1452 1453 1454 1455 1456 1457 1458 1459 1460 1461 1462 1463 1464 1465 1466 1467 1468 1469 1470 1471 1472 1473 1474 1475 1476 1477 1478 1479 1480 ... 3391 »
  Print  
Author Topic: 2024 NBA Season  (Read 877329 times)
joshy23

Activity: 1078
Merit: 256

View Profile
April 20, 2020, 05:27:43 PM

We can "assume" he would be good anyway but also the fact that dude basically played the best possible way he could play for his period and for his time.

People shot a lot of midranges during his era and he was the best at doing just that, he didn't grew up in an era where everyone shot threes, actually nobody really grew up that much during that period, we are talking about league moving from that to three pointers since 2013-2014 period and someone who got drafted last year would have been probably 13-14 years old by that time and players usually learn what to do by that time, sure there could be some people who jacked up their shooting numbers but it is still the newest strategy in the book so far.

If Michael Jordan was a 2000 born player and grew up with today's technology and today's practice methods and today's love for three pointers, he would have worked on that instead of his isolation midrage fadeaways, which he would have perfected since he is a very hard working person and was quite talented as well.
Agree to that, MJ's mentalities is always to be the best, if he was playing in this era where shooting outside like Curry makes the game change then he will be the best competitor curry will have. MJ wants to be the very best and he always shows that from each games that he played from this league. The strong will to win and to be the very best will always be inside him both mind and heart.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Captain Corporate

Activity: 1974
Merit: 575

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2020, 10:10:31 PM

There is also the fact that MJ was literally the best player by far on a Bulls team that went 72-10 and that shows how awesome he was during a period where almost all teams were good as well, tanking wasn't really so obviously done as much as today and dude was just whole levels above everyone else. I hate it when people keep saying MJ didn't had help or Lebron didn't had help etc because these teammates all provide something but as soon as MJ left, that team tanked as much as Cavs tanked after Lebron as well. We are talking about a 72-10 team becoming a mocking stock in just 1-2 years after he left, he was that good. Remove Curry from Warriors and they are still decent, not a horrible team, surely not a championship team at all, but not horrible neither. Plus Cavs suck right now because Lebron left but give them Kyrie back and a bit younger Love and you got yourself a mediocre team as well, maybe even push for a playoff if east is weak that year. MJ was just a player who literally was the best individual player I have ever seen, maybe you can find a better team player but nobody played the game as well as he played it.

▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████████▀█████████████▄
███████████▄▐▀▄██████████
███████▀▀███████▀▀███████
██████▀███▄▄████████████
█████████▐█████████▐█████
█████████▐█████████▐█████
██████████▀███▀███▄██████
████████████████▄▄███████
███████████▄▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████
▀█████▄▄████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
Peach
BTC bitcoin
Buy and Sell
Bitcoin P2P
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████████
██████▄
▄██
█████████████████▄
▄███████
██████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀

▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀
EUROPE | AFRICA
LATIN AMERICA
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

███████▄█
███████▀
██▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄
████████████▀
▐███████████▌
▐███████████▌
████████████▄
██████████████
███▀███▀▀███▀
Download on the
App Store
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

▄██▄
██████▄
█████████▄
████████████▄
███████████████
████████████▀
█████████▀
██████▀
▀██▀
GET IT ON
Google Play
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
Viscore

Activity: 3038
Merit: 647

View Profile
April 20, 2020, 10:32:05 PM

There is also the fact that MJ was literally the best player by far on a Bulls team that went 72-10 and that shows how awesome he was during a period where almost all teams were good as well, tanking wasn't really so obviously done as much as today and dude was just whole levels above everyone else. I hate it when people keep saying MJ didn't had help or Lebron didn't had help etc because these teammates all provide something but as soon as MJ left, that team tanked as much as Cavs tanked after Lebron as well.
I could agree with you on this, best players when they left will result to a disaster of the team.
When Lebron first left the cavaliers, the team tank, but when he rejoined, the team dominated in the East and even won a championship once, now he left, Cavaliers became a bad team and he made the Lakers great since joined with the Lakers, so we can say that Lebron is a special player who can carry a team like MJ, but TBH IMO, MJ is better than LBJ.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
Reid

Activity: 2884
Merit: 642

View Profile
April 21, 2020, 04:28:06 AM

There is also the fact that MJ was literally the best player by far on a Bulls team that went 72-10 and that shows how awesome he was during a period where almost all teams were good as well, tanking wasn't really so obviously done as much as today and dude was just whole levels above everyone else. I hate it when people keep saying MJ didn't had help or Lebron didn't had help etc because these teammates all provide something but as soon as MJ left, that team tanked as much as Cavs tanked after Lebron as well. We are talking about a 72-10 team becoming a mocking stock in just 1-2 years after he left, he was that good. Remove Curry from Warriors and they are still decent, not a horrible team, surely not a championship team at all, but not horrible neither. Plus Cavs suck right now because Lebron left but give them Kyrie back and a bit younger Love and you got yourself a mediocre team as well, maybe even push for a playoff if east is weak that year. MJ was just a player who literally was the best individual player I have ever seen, maybe you can find a better team player but nobody played the game as well as he played it.

Explained well.

Individual. That is the definition of being a GOAT. You can make an offensive push even if the best defensive player caught you.
He had been harassed, pushed, grabbed, and more ways to be stopped buy yet he could still make a shot.

But still, it takes a team to make a champion. It also takes a good coach to make it possible.
The Bulls have them both.
When Jordan is suffering from a fever, Pippen was there and so is Kukoc.
It's like fate brought them to make a great history.
ultrloa
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 1228

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2020, 06:11:20 AM

There is also the fact that MJ was literally the best player by far on a Bulls team that went 72-10 and that shows how awesome he was during a period where almost all teams were good as well, tanking wasn't really so obviously done as much as today and dude was just whole levels above everyone else. I hate it when people keep saying MJ didn't had help or Lebron didn't had help etc because these teammates all provide something but as soon as MJ left, that team tanked as much as Cavs tanked after Lebron as well.
I could agree with you on this, best players when they left will result to a disaster of the team.
When Lebron first left the cavaliers, the team tank, but when he rejoined, the team dominated in the East and even won a championship once, now he left, Cavaliers became a bad team and he made the Lakers great since joined with the Lakers, so we can say that Lebron is a special player who can carry a team like MJ, but TBH IMO, MJ is better than LBJ.

Not a hater of Lebron but actually he doesn't dominate alone since if you look up on the rooster which team he belongs you can see that he always want to get a strong player to play on his side, And look what he did in cleveland? He trade the potential and left when the boat is sinking  and now he go with lakers and do his best to acquire Davis and other stars to help him save his legacy, So in that thing we can never compare him with MJ since he is far to him and discussion will end unto that since the real goat is MJ.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Rosilito

Activity: 658
Merit: 274

Wish for the rain? Then deal with the mud too.

View Profile
April 21, 2020, 07:24:12 AM

Not a hater of Lebron but actually he doesn't dominate alone since if you look up on the rooster which team he belongs you can see that he always want to get a strong player to play on his side, And look what he did in cleveland? He trade the potential and left when the boat is sinking  and now he go with lakers and do his best to acquire Davis and other stars to help him save his legacy, So in that thing we can never compare him with MJ since he is far to him and discussion will end unto that since the real goat is MJ.

These two man play in different era hence, we couldn't just compare the two that way. What's certain here is that they're both great in dominating the league in their time specially in their prime. LBJ indeed had, and has his well-known teammates but MJ got his own team, either. Well, every team has it is just that those dominating team plays very-well offensively, and defensively as opponents having hard time defending, and scoring at the same time.

What I am pointing out is that MJ record wouldn't make LBJ any less of a great player even if MJ had finished the league with 72-10 standing, even if MJ is 3 rings ahead, even if LBJ had Wade, Bosh or Davis. Let us just appreciate the two. They made themselves a name in the league, and have proven it on the court. These two really are one of the great players to ever play the game, no doubt about it.
Japinat

Activity: 2968
Merit: 680

View Profile
April 21, 2020, 11:16:57 AM

What I am pointing out is that MJ record wouldn't make LBJ any less of a great player even if MJ had finished the league with 72-10 standing, even if MJ is 3 rings ahead, even if LBJ had Wade, Bosh or Davis. Let us just appreciate the two. They made themselves a name in the league, and have proven it on the court. These two really are one of the great players to ever play the game, no doubt about it.
We can't prevent people form comparing as there's always a competition in the game of competition, just like comparing one country to another or china vs USA, we do have our opinion here although people sees they are both great countries.

Well, as for me, I would clearly favor MJ as the better player compared to Lebron, period.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
April 21, 2020, 01:18:23 PM

~snip~
Well, as for me, I would clearly favor MJ as the better player compared to Lebron, period.
^ You did a good picked because we are the same. For me comparing these two great players Michael Jordan and Lebron James is like comparing two great leaders. On how they play their games.  But for me, no one can be compared to Michael Jordan. He played not to be the top player but instead, to be the best in this field. He's still the legend on NBA history.
joshy23

Activity: 1078
Merit: 256

View Profile
April 21, 2020, 01:51:53 PM

We can't prevent people from comparing as there's always a competition in the game of competition, just like comparing one country to another or china vs USA, we do have our opinion here although people sees they are both great countries.

Exactly, opinions are free in terms of choosing who's the best according to how you understand the game and how you follows your favorite player. There are skills that you idolized from the player that you love which you are not seeing to anybody else. Comparing always showed result and from that you'll be able to pick who's side you are, and same as you I also backing up MJ's as I grow from his era and seen he's greatness topping above everyone.
boyptc

Activity: 2996
Merit: 679

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
April 21, 2020, 02:09:26 PM

This isn't about this season but I'd like to ask

Who watch 'The Last Dance' documentary?

Still related to NBA.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Finestream

Activity: 3024
Merit: 604

View Profile
April 21, 2020, 02:13:48 PM

Still related to NBA.

It's been discussed here although it's not part, but its accepted as MJ is a GOAT and it's worth discussing. Actually I've seen that flashing in Netflix this morning, but I didn't watch it as I don't have much time to watch, will just try to download if its available and just try to watch on my free time.

boyptc

Activity: 2996
Merit: 679

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
April 21, 2020, 02:54:58 PM

Still related to NBA.

It's been discussed here although it's not part, but its accepted as MJ is a GOAT and it's worth discussing. Actually I've seen that flashing in Netflix this morning, but I didn't watch it as I don't have much time to watch, will just try to download if its available and just try to watch on my free time.
I'm just asking though.

And looking at the discussion it's likely that the comparison for MJ (past) and the current (LBJ) can't be ignored. But we as fans should stop comparing these two great players of our generation.

The same with the other discussions that I'm reading online after they've watched the docu.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Finestream

Activity: 3024
Merit: 604

View Profile
April 21, 2020, 03:29:31 PM

Still related to NBA.

I'm just asking though.

And looking at the discussion it's likely that the comparison for MJ (past) and the current (LBJ) can't be ignored. But we as fans should stop comparing these two great players of our generation.

The same with the other discussions that I'm reading online after they've watched the docu.

why would we stop.. comparing them would give us some kind of a debate here, lol..
Everyone has their own opinion on whom they believe is better between the two, but I'm sure majority would vote for MJ and MJ has been the face of the NBA and the most recognize player in the NBA history, correct me if I'm wrong, but that's why I know and I believe.

Harlot

Activity: 1806
Merit: 671

View Profile
April 21, 2020, 03:53:23 PM

I'm just asking though.

why would we stop.. comparing them would give us some kind of a debate here, lol..
Everyone has their own opinion on whom they believe is better between the two, but I'm sure majority would vote for MJ and MJ has been the face of the NBA and the most recognize player in the NBA history, correct me if I'm wrong, but that's why I know and I believe.

If you have fans and fan boys for each player and each team they have played with this will be unavoidable. They will always save their own and even argue with bias since they want the GOAT to be the one who have played for their team. These comparisons doesn't even stop there since there will also be analysts, previous and current players, as well as other Hall of Famers talking about these kinds of comparisons so really there is no chance for this comparisons to die down.
coinfinger

Activity: 1638
Merit: 278

View Profile
April 21, 2020, 04:20:53 PM

I always knew Michael Jordan as someone who gave horrible tips to waiters and so forth after meals, there are even stories about how Wayne Gretzky literally took the one dollar chip MJ gave to the waiter and took a 100 dollar chip and gave to the waiter from MJ's stash and told him in his face "that is how we tip in Vegas", so he is known to be a lousy tipper. Yet I learned today that he will be giving away all the money he makes from The Last Dance to charity for corona virus and he also has a charitable hospital that takes care of people who are uninsured or under-insured and can't afford a doctor.

So, he is a very charitable person and known to give away millions upon millions of dollars to charity, his donations are huge, yet when it comes to tipping a waiter he gives the bare minimum, how can someone be so generous but also so cheap at the same time on two different situations?
Reid

View Profile
April 21, 2020, 05:35:28 PM

Still related to NBA.

I'm just asking though.

No, they are in a different era and now they are more of fast plays.
Before it was all plays like how the Spurs won their championships.
Slow but yet so sure.

There are a lot of changes now in NBA including rules. I think that also should be considered.
No one wins by comparing the two. Even interviewed players could not even tell who is the best because of the different timeline.
That includes, Wilt, Bill, Kobe, and a lot more.
As long as they did great, they are all GOAT in their own era.
milewilda
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1127

View Profile
April 21, 2020, 10:12:19 PM

I'm just asking though.

If you have fans and fan boys for each player and each team they have played with this will be unavoidable. They will always save their own and even argue with bias since they want the GOAT to be the one who have played for their team. These comparisons doesn't even stop there since there will also be analysts, previous and current players, as well as other Hall of Famers talking about these kinds of comparisons so really there is no chance for this comparisons to die down.

We should really get used to into these kind of arguments or comparison since each person do have its own favorite as you say but we can really differentiate between the two in talks of achievement.
Im a LBJ fan but i cant really deny that MJ is way more better but as said, we are already on a different era so its understandable that there are people whom do see that LBJ is way more better.lol

arwin100

Activity: 2730
Merit: 806

Jack of all trades 💯

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2020, 11:52:29 PM

I'm just asking though.

We should really get used to into these kind of arguments or comparison since each person do have its own favorite as you say but we can really differentiate between the two in talks of achievement.
Im a LBJ fan but i cant really deny that MJ is way more better but as said, we are already on a different era so its understandable that there are people whom do see that LBJ is way more better.lol

Most people who say LBJ is great are those people who doesn't bother to see the MJ clips and full video nor even his past stats and the roosters he have that's why some says that he is greater than MJ but the fact is this talk about who's the goat and who is not should be done since I think this has been buy out already and for sure the media is creating hype so that they have scoop to talk about and earn with this discussion.

but overall both of them are great players and they have different role so maybe its best to stick with it.

Reid

View Profile
April 22, 2020, 04:33:54 AM

Most people who say LBJ is great are those people who doesn't bother to see the MJ clips and full video nor even his past stats and the roosters he have that's why some says that he is greater than MJ but the fact is this talk about who's the goat and who is not should be done since I think this has been buy out already and for sure the media is creating hype so that they have scoop to talk about and earn with this discussion.

but overall both of them are great players and they have different role so maybe its best to stick with it.

Michael Jordan's era have more drama and that is why it is more intriguing.
Mafia, father's death, fever and still winning the championship and baseball for 2 years.
Then, US President and players asking him to go back. (Magic even begged for it)
It is like a base on real life movie already even if it is live.  Grin
All of that sum up made it unique to be watched. Like waiting for an update of a weekly series in Netflix.  Grin

There is none with Lebron, he is a good man, he is a good husband and he still have his family.
But soon we will find all out when he retires too. I am sure a documentary about him is being created already.

So, who will bet for the Jazz against the Bulls in Last Dance?  Grin A parlay maybe?
Rosilito

Activity: 658
Merit: 274

Wish for the rain? Then deal with the mud too.

View Profile
April 22, 2020, 05:38:42 AM

I'm just asking though.

No, they are in a different era and now they are more of fast plays.
Before it was all plays like how the Spurs won their championships.
Slow but yet so sure.

There are a lot of changes now in NBA including rules. I think that also should be considered.
No one wins by comparing the two. Even interviewed players could not even tell who is the best because of the different timeline.
That includes, Wilt, Bill, Kobe, and a lot more.
As long as they did great, they are all GOAT in their own era.

Exactly! That is what I am trying to say above. However I somehow agree to them as well (I am not trying to be a bandwagon here lol). It is just it struck me that people are entitled to their own opinion since this is just a discussion either way. So, IF I am going to be biased then I'll side with LBJ since he's the one I look upto, and he's the player I grew up watching. But whatever, these two are undeniably great at their era. Beside these two man plays different position in NBA. So, it might MJ is the greatest shooting guard (since he played this pos the most), and LBJ is the greatest small forward, cheers  Grin.
Pages: « 1 ... 1380 1381 1382 1383 1384 1385 1386 1387 1388 1389 1390 1391 1392 1393 1394 1395 1396 1397 1398 1399 1400 1401 1402 1403 1404 1405 1406 1407 1408 1409 1410 1411 1412 1413 1414 1415 1416 1417 1418 1419 1420 1421 1422 1423 1424 1425 1426 1427 1428 1429 [1430] 1431 1432 1433 1434 1435 1436 1437 1438 1439 1440 1441 1442 1443 1444 1445 1446 1447 1448 1449 1450 1451 1452 1453 1454 1455 1456 1457 1458 1459 1460 1461 1462 1463 1464 1465 1466 1467 1468 1469 1470 1471 1472 1473 1474 1475 1476 1477 1478 1479 1480 ... 3391 »
  Print  

Jump to: