Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 11:32:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Decide MOIN's FUTURE (Details: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1237881.msg44071876#msg44071876)
The Platform on the current codebase
The Platform on the Particl codebase
Research phase & something entirely new
Other (Please post details of proposal)

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 »
  Print  
Author Topic: 🔄🔄🔄🔄 ――――― ▲ MOIN ――――― It's not dead. It's resting ―――― 🔄🔄🔄🔄  (Read 123367 times)
vella85

Activity: 1862
Merit: 590

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2017, 04:07:11 AM

Will be sending out this weeks Twitter campaign bounties later in the evening.   We had good and new participation again this week.   Cool

Awesome! That's great to hear more people are participating in the Twitter campaign each week. The more people we get tweeting about MOIN the better for everyone. I think it is helping drive up the price somewhat because since the campaign started I have noticed that the daily volume has been rising each day/week. And now we are averaging around 5 BTC a day which is Super! for a staking coin. Now with the raffle I'm not sure what to suggest but I'm sure the community will come up with some great ideas.

I can promote your project on X to my 100k+ followers for a reasonable price. Just DM me for prices.
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
vella85

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2017, 08:59:23 PM

Thanks for the Twitter bounty Jookly! I thought I was not going to be as active last week but the plans I had to do a few things changed so I was able to tweet as normal. I am not very good at making images so if there is anyone out there willing to make an image for MOIN and share it here so we can all promote it on Twitter I would be very grateful.

I can promote your project on X to my 100k+ followers for a reasonable price. Just DM me for prices.
Jookly
Legendary

Activity: 1131
Merit: 1007

View Profile
February 14, 2017, 02:56:22 PM

so.... MOIN is doing better than ever  Cool

Vella, your image question has inspired me to put together a page for moinmovement.org to catalog the various MOIN images around at this point.  That way people will be able to find them easily.   I will get around to that in the next few days.

bobitza202

Activity: 489
Merit: 253

View Profile
February 14, 2017, 05:25:55 PM
Last edit: February 14, 2017, 05:40:47 PM by bobitza202

so.... MOIN is doing better than ever  Cool

Sure is, about 2k sat's now  Cool
vella85

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2017, 09:40:43 PM

so.... MOIN is doing better than ever  Cool

Vella, your image question has inspired me to put together a page for moinmovement.org to catalog the various MOIN images around at this point.  That way people will be able to find them easily.   I will get around to that in the next few days.

Yeah it's doing very well at the moment and could we see 5,000 sats in the next few months from now? The way it is going it may well be possible. KingCaper must be happy with how well MOIN is doing in the last couple of months, it would be good to see him here once in a while as I miss seeing his posts in here. I know he said he will be away working behind the scenes but it would be good to see him here every now and then.

Thanks Jookly and that would be great as I can then start using some images when posting on Twitter as sometimes a normal tweet can get boring, plus an image will get people's attention a lot more then just a standard tweet so I'll look forward to seeing some images soon.

KingCaper (OP)

Activity: 597
Merit: 506

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2017, 06:34:54 PM

Vella, your image question has inspired me to put together a page for moinmovement.org to catalog the various MOIN images around at this point.  That way people will be able to find them easily.   I will get around to that in the next few days.

Yeah it's doing very well at the moment and could we see 5,000 sats in the next few months from now? The way it is going it may well be possible. KingCaper must be happy with how well MOIN is doing in the last couple of months, it would be good to see him here once in a while as I miss seeing his posts in here. I know he said he will be away working behind the scenes but it would be good to see him here every now and then.

Thanks Jookly and that would be great as I can then start using some images when posting on Twitter as sometimes a normal tweet can get boring, plus an image will get people's attention a lot more then just a standard tweet so I'll look forward to seeing some images soon.

Hi Vella and all. I had a big change in my circumstances that left me with less free time and intermittent internet access over the last few weeks, which is why I've been so quiet. Things have settled down a bit now so I'll try to get to any unanswered questions/PMs in the next few days.

It is quite nice to see the price increasing, but I don't put too much stock in it at this stage - we still have relatively low liquidity. Saying that, I was really happy to see how active the team and community's been with the promotional campaigns and graphics and tweets. I nearly spilled my cornflakes when I searched the hashtag on Twitter (maybe I should go dark more often  Wink).

I've rearranged my whole life (hence the upheaval over the last few weeks) so that I can work on MOIN uninterrupted for at least the next 11 to 12 months. So have no doubt, I'm here for the long-haul - and seeing everyone else getting so involved has inspired me all the more. I've a head cold to shake off and a few last arrangements to make then I'm good to go. 2017 will be our year.

MOIN Developer : BTT Thread  |  PGP: https://keybase.io/kingcaper
wantrepreneur

Activity: 147
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 18, 2017, 02:03:02 AM

Hey King!

Awesome to see you online. Appreciate what you've done with Moin, it's arguably better than ShadowCash at 1% of the market cap. At this point, you don't even need to do much more development (if you don't want to) as it's perfectly sustainable as it is. Not saying you shouldn't, as anything more will further accelerate price appreciation, just wanted to convey the message that you shouldn't feel any pressure to perform, as Moin is looking fkin slick already. Cool
ooom

Activity: 165
Merit: 100

Learning is the beginning of wealth.

View Profile
February 18, 2017, 02:38:29 PM

Do you do signature campaigns? Also, the text in home page representation pictures is very small. I barely can read INTRODUCING MOIN section. What size is it? 3pt...? Are you here all with eagle eyes?  Grin Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

I am quite happy to see that you really considered using my propositions Smiley and it appears that this working for you. Even I started to think to buy at least thousand or so to hold long term... 

Disclaimer: My material is for informational purposes only.  It should not be considered legal or financial advice. I do not make any guarantee or other promise as to any results that may be obtained from using my content.
DarkStar_
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 3282

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2017, 05:40:22 PM

What is a good MOIN amount to stake? I currently have 2k MOIN that I got last year in March, and just remembered it yesterday. It's currently all 1 input, so once I stake a block, I can't stake at all for 8 hours. I think it would be better if I divided it up into multiple inputs, but I don't know what would be a good size.

Happy to see the price is doing quite well though, was at 500 satoshis I believe when I got the MOIN.

taking a break - expect delayed responses
mObLOBScHAr

Activity: 136
Merit: 110

View Profile
February 18, 2017, 06:55:55 PM

What is a good MOIN amount to stake? I currently have 2k MOIN that I got last year in March, and just remembered it yesterday. It's currently all 1 input, so once I stake a block, I can't stake at all for 8 hours. I think it would be better if I divided it up into multiple inputs, but I don't know what would be a good size.

Happy to see the price is doing quite well though, was at 500 satoshis I believe when I got the MOIN.
In the end it doesn't matter which size your stake inputs are. you will receive the same amount.
But I would recommend to hold chunks of something around 10k. If you have less, let that all stake on the same adress.
vella85

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2017, 09:15:36 PM

Vella, your image question has inspired me to put together a page for moinmovement.org to catalog the various MOIN images around at this point.  That way people will be able to find them easily.   I will get around to that in the next few days.

Hi Vella and all. I had a big change in my circumstances that left me with less free time and intermittent internet access over the last few weeks, which is why I've been so quiet. Things have settled down a bit now so I'll try to get to any unanswered questions/PMs in the next few days.

It is quite nice to see the price increasing, but I don't put too much stock in it at this stage - we still have relatively low liquidity. Saying that, I was really happy to see how active the team and community's been with the promotional campaigns and graphics and tweets. I nearly spilled my cornflakes when I searched the hashtag on Twitter (maybe I should go dark more often  Wink).

I've rearranged my whole life (hence the upheaval over the last few weeks) so that I can work on MOIN uninterrupted for at least the next 11 to 12 months. So have no doubt, I'm here for the long-haul - and seeing everyone else getting so involved has inspired me all the more. I've a head cold to shake off and a few last arrangements to make then I'm good to go. 2017 will be our year.

Hey King!

Great to see you here mate. Great to hear that things have been sorted out for you and that you are back to working on Moin not that it desperately needs your attention at the moment as it's been doing very well while you have been away. Glad to hear you are happy with the promotions going on mainly Twitter, Moin has been blowing up on there since the campaign and just think what would happen once a new development is released. Anyway great to have you back and look forward to future developments, keep up the good work King!

Jookly
Legendary

View Profile
February 19, 2017, 10:29:21 AM
Last edit: February 19, 2017, 11:41:14 AM by Jookly

Hi everyone.  Thanks for all the great participation on twitter again. I got the week 5 twitter bounties sent out.  Payment info is over @ http://www.moinmovement.org/payout-records.html .  We had initially talked about giving away 8000 MOIN in the campaign or going to March 21st, whichever came first.  The 5 weeks have totaled so far to 6360 MOIN. I think at the current rate we have about 1 or 2 weeks left in the campaign.  We could talk about adding more funds to the campaign, but i don't want to make that decision unilaterally.  Let me know your thoughts.

I made a basic page over on the moin movement website to collect MOIN related images, thanks for the suggestion vella.  That page is now @ http://www.moinmovement.org/art.html .

Thanks for the check in from KingCaper, it is always great to hear and see that things are going well.  

Talk to you all again soon
 Cool

DarkStar_
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2017, 02:55:41 PM

Got the payment, thanks. I think you forgot to do the retweet bonus though, as I know for sure I retweeted some other qualifying tweets and didn't get a bonus. You should remove it from the site if your not doing it any more, as I don't think anyone got paid for retweets this week.

Who got the weekly bonus for your favorite tweet?

My MOIN client shows this:

Does that mean the the PoS block I found was orphaned?

Jookly
Legendary

View Profile
February 19, 2017, 03:20:50 PM

Got the payment, thanks. I think you forgot to do the retweet bonus though, as I know for sure I retweeted some other qualifying tweets and didn't get a bonus. You should remove it from the site if your not doing it any more, as I don't think anyone got paid for retweets this week.

Who got the weekly bonus for your favorite tweet?

My MOIN client shows this:

Does that mean the the PoS block I found was orphaned?

Yeah generated but not accepted is an orphan, can be caused by several things and a few now and then is ok.  A couple common causes are poor connection or time not correct on OS.

The retweet bonus has become a little complicated for sure, the intention of it was for people to retweet each others MOIN tweets, you can look at the tweets that were selected and see that no one participating re-tweeted them, there is one exception to this and that person received a full tweet reward instead because the message they put with the retweet was one of the most complete of the week. Anyway, I am not trying to short anyone on what they feel they deserve, just trying to be responsible with our community funded giveaway. DarkStar feel free to PM me your twitter handle and I will try to reevaluate my re-tweet decision. 

And yes I removed the bonus for favorite tweet on week 1 because we would already be out of MOIN to giveaway if we had done that.  I am going to leave the retweet bonus listed for now because I do intend to reward those when I see them but I am sorry if I was not clear in my expectations on what would receive the bonus.  I was probably not 100% sure myself as this is the first time I have helped orchestrate a giveaway like this. 

I will take this opportunity to thank everyone for their patience and apologize for any perceived unfairness thus far, I promise I am doing my best and will learn from the experiences to make future campaigns better for everyone.
DarkStar_
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2017, 03:44:08 PM

I just checked and it seems like I retweeted other $MOIN tweets that weren't part of the campaign, so I guess that's why. Don't worry about revaluating, since it's just a few MOIN. I was more interested in finding out why.

Thanks for running the campaign, and I appreciate your hard work.

Jookly
Legendary

View Profile
February 19, 2017, 04:13:04 PM

I just checked and it seems like I retweeted other $MOIN tweets that weren't part of the campaign, so I guess that's why. Don't worry about revaluating, since it's just a few MOIN. I was more interested in finding out why.

Thanks for running the campaign, and I appreciate your hard work.

Thanks for your understanding and also for bringing it up for clarification, even just out of curiosity.
vella85

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2017, 10:46:05 PM

Hi everyone.  Thanks for all the great participation on twitter again. I got the week 5 twitter bounties sent out.  Payment info is over @ http://www.moinmovement.org/payout-records.html .  We had initially talked about giving away 8000 MOIN in the campaign or going to March 21st, whichever came first.  The 5 weeks have totaled so far to 6360 MOIN. I think at the current rate we have about 1 or 2 weeks left in the campaign.  We could talk about adding more funds to the campaign, but i don't want to make that decision unilaterally.  Let me know your thoughts.

I made a basic page over on the moin movement website to collect MOIN related images, thanks for the suggestion vella.  That page is now @ http://www.moinmovement.org/art.html .

Thanks for the check in from KingCaper, it is always great to hear and see that things are going well.  

Talk to you all again soon
 Cool

Thanks for this weeks payment Jookly. Now on the decision to continue the Twitter campaign after the funds for the campaign have run dry, I would put this to you and that is if you believe this Twitter campaign has helped bring new investors to MOIN? It might be hard to track but just as a rough idea I would say that it has helped some what as since the campaign I have noticed the price of MOIN going up which some of that could be due to the campaign.

I would be interested to hear what KingCaper thinks and of course Jookly and the other supporters of MOIN?

mObLOBScHAr

Activity: 136
Merit: 110

View Profile
February 20, 2017, 12:19:59 AM

My personal opinion:

I think you should pause the twitter campaign after the threshold of the initial announced amount is reached.
It may have been a good thing, which can be used again in the future. But I personally don't think something like this should last longer than a few weeks.

Its always very difficult to measure how much marketing campaigns actually support or aid the advertised product, but it was good to show some more presence on twitter.
In the future, there has to be also tweets about moin without getting rewards from here. I would love to see that evolve in the near future.

And again, stopping here now doesn't mean it can't be started again at some time.

just my two cents..
Jookly
Legendary

View Profile
February 20, 2017, 01:33:44 AM

I have basically the same thoughts you do mObLOBScHAr.  I think 8000 was a nice amount for our first campaign and if we take a pause we can always have another campaign sometime in the future.  Probably a more effective one even now that we have experience.
vella85

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2017, 06:38:08 AM

I agree with the both of you and maybe next time we could try something different like a Twitter, Facebook and signature campaigns. Even before this campaign started I was always posting on Twitter about MOIN as I love this coin and support it 100% and will continue doing so long after this Twitter campaign has ended.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 »
  Print  

Jump to: