Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 08:40:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Decide MOIN's FUTURE (Details: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1237881.msg44071876#msg44071876)
The Platform on the current codebase
The Platform on the Particl codebase
Research phase & something entirely new
Other (Please post details of proposal)

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 »
  Print  
Author Topic: 🔄🔄🔄🔄 ――――― ▲ MOIN ――――― It's not dead. It's resting ―――― 🔄🔄🔄🔄  (Read 123367 times)
vella85

Activity: 1862
Merit: 590

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2017, 05:16:49 AM

Fortnightly Sunday Update

Postponed till Monday.

No problem KingCaper, thanks for letting us all know.

Picked up a few hundred more MOIN coins today and will be buying a few hundred more in the next day or so with my signature campaign funds. The price is still holding strong which is good to see after MOIN's recent all time high.

I can promote your project on X to my 100k+ followers for a reasonable price. Just DM me for prices.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
axllht

Activity: 314
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 02, 2017, 09:20:58 PM
Last edit: May 03, 2017, 01:35:39 PM by axllht

What about the question - "Development news/updates: what's your preference?":

Regular updates regardless of status (weekly) if nothing new yet so please just tell that nothing new yet, but estimated time of next update is... Cheesy
and
post if new update and repeat it in summary on end of the week Wink

KingCaper (OP)

Activity: 597
Merit: 506

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2017, 12:36:06 PM

Sorry something personal came up. Will update shortly.

MOIN Developer : BTT Thread  |  PGP: https://keybase.io/kingcaper
CoinBreader

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 03, 2017, 11:00:37 PM

i hope everything is fine, take your time
vella85

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2017, 10:39:33 PM

i hope everything is fine, take your time

Yes I hope so too.

MOIN is seeing some nice trading volume over at Livecoin exchange where the price is 4200 sats and over 0.06 USD. I only buy my MOIN on Cryptopia but I might now sign up for an account at Livecoin as well and take advantage of the market on there as I have seen this happen with MOIN a few times already on Livecoin.

I can promote your project on X to my 100k+ followers for a reasonable price. Just DM me for prices.
KingCaper (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2017, 06:37:32 PM

(Belated) Fortnightly Sunday Update

Excuse the delay.

The recent unusual behaviour with MOINX transactions gave me a chance to delve into sections of the code I hadn't properly explored yet. I'd been curious about the exact mechanics of the private transactions, but it wasn't at the top of my list due to it not being directly relevant to the functioning of the platform. But anything that affects core functionality obviously takes priority, so I've been studying the stealth transaction code while brushing up on ECDH, CryptoNote and various bits and pieces in between.

The MOIN codebase is actually pretty dense. Between Bitcoin and the Peercoin, Blackcoin and Shadow additions, it can be a lot to navigate and it became apparent to me that I wasn't really going about it in the most efficient way. So I took a few days to re-examine my toolset and to try to improve my workflow  - experimenting with various Vim plugins mainly - so that I can find and skip deftly between function calls and definitions etc. in future. Granted, none of this is very sexy, but the cumulative time-savings it'll bring should make it more than worthwhile.

Now to the MOINX transactions. My understanding is that when an encrypted wallet detects an incoming transaction it stores the public key, ephem pubkey and various metadata so that the spend pvt key can be derived and saved next time the wallet is unencrypted. From a security standpoint it obviously makes sense not to have the unencrypted spend key just sitting in memory indefinitely. So when you unlock the wallet you'll find your PRIVATE balance in the overview does in fact update to reflect any incoming MOINX transactions, though on the transactions page it still shows as a "sent MOINX" transaction with a 0.00 value until the wallet is restarted. It's behaviour we've inherited from SDC, but it could definitely be improved upon. I still need to figure out exactly what information a locked wallet can glean about an incoming MOINX transaction before deciding how best to convey it, so that's my job for next week.

To be honest I don't like writing about these sorts of things, it doesn't come naturally to me so I find it time-consuming. It also feels a bit self-indulgent. But if it's valuable to the community then it's worthwhile. I noticed a few people expressing a desire for more information on the platform so in the next update I'll try to explain further the reasoning behind the veil of secrecy. And apologies again for the delay - I'm fortunate enough to be in a position to work on MOIN almost exclusively, but occasionally something outside the project demands attention. Just be thankful I don't have a very active social life (and pray that I don't find a girlfriend!).  Wink

CoinBreader

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 07, 2017, 11:20:35 PM

Excuse the delay.

The recent unusual behaviour with MOINX transactions gave me a chance to delve into sections of the code I hadn't properly explored yet. I'd been curious about the exact mechanics of the private transactions, but it wasn't at the top of my list due to it not being directly relevant to the functioning of the platform. But anything that affects core functionality obviously takes priority, so I've been studying the stealth transaction code while brushing up on ECDH, CryptoNote and various bits and pieces in between.

The MOIN codebase is actually pretty dense. Between Bitcoin and the Peercoin, Blackcoin and Shadow additions, it can be a lot to navigate and it became apparent to me that I wasn't really going about it in the most efficient way. So I took a few days to re-examine my toolset and to try to improve my workflow  - experimenting with various Vim plugins mainly - so that I can find and skip deftly between function calls and definitions etc. in future. Granted, none of this is very sexy, but the cumulative time-savings it'll bring should make it more than worthwhile.

Now to the MOINX transactions. My understanding is that when an encrypted wallet detects an incoming transaction it stores the public key, ephem pubkey and various metadata so that the spend pvt key can be derived and saved next time the wallet is unencrypted. From a security standpoint it obviously makes sense not to have the unencrypted spend key just sitting in memory indefinitely. So when you unlock the wallet you'll find your PRIVATE balance in the overview does in fact update to reflect any incoming MOINX transactions, though on the transactions page it still shows as a "sent MOINX" transaction with a 0.00 value until the wallet is restarted. It's behaviour we've inherited from SDC, but it could definitely be improved upon. I still need to figure out exactly what information a locked wallet can glean about an incoming MOINX transaction before deciding how best to convey it, so that's my job for next week.

To be honest I don't like writing about these sorts of things, it doesn't come naturally to me so I find it time-consuming. It also feels a bit self-indulgent. But if it's valuable to the community then it's worthwhile. I noticed a few people expressing a desire for more information on the platform so in the next update I'll try to explain further the reasoning behind the veil of secrecy. And apologies again for the delay - I'm fortunate enough to be in a position to work on MOIN almost exclusively, but occasionally something outside the project demands attention. Just be thankful I don't have a very active social life (and pray that I don't find a girlfriend!).  Wink

keep your focus MOIN project ! and not worry about the gf , when you done with it ill arrange you 2x gf at least Greek ones! Smiley
thanks for the update!
KingCaper (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2017, 04:10:56 PM
Last edit: May 08, 2017, 04:21:24 PM by KingCaper

Excuse the delay.

keep your focus MOIN project ! and not worry about the gf , when you done with it ill arrange you 2x gf at least Greek ones! Smiley
thanks for the update!

Deal.  Wink

** I was a bit clumsy with my use of "spend pvt key" and "spend key" above. Just to clarify, there's a scan key-pair and spend key-pair, with stealth addresses being made from the public keys of both. What I was referring to was the pvt key for spending the newly received MOINX token.

Anyway, the reason the balance isn't updated with MOINX transactions is because it's not possible to check if the token has been further spent until a key image for it is produced, and it's not possible to create the key image without access to the unencrypted private spend key (i.e. without the wallet being unlocked). So I think the best option is to change it so that locked wallets show an incoming transaction of indeterminate amount with a tooltip explaining that the amount involved will be revealed once the wallet has been unlocked. Plus make it so that the details in the transactions table are automatically updated when this is done.

Sound good?

Jookly
Legendary

Activity: 1131
Merit: 1007

View Profile
May 08, 2017, 06:12:22 PM

HElllloooooooooo Moin.  Thanks for the update KingCaper.  I think that solution sounds good and will help relieve the feeling of coins being missing prior to the wallet being unlocked.

I'm feeling good today because I am finally done with that class.  The javascript runs through me now. I will try to work on updating the movement website soon now. 

I still haven't noticed anyone submit a design for the shirt contest.  I hope I didn't miss one or anything.

That's all for now. Just wanted to say hello and give a summer shout.  Cool

vella85

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2017, 11:18:34 PM

Thanks for the update KingCaper, to be honest I don't really understand all that much of it lol but I know that it's good for MOIN on what you are doing. Keep up the good work my friend.

Hello Jookly,

Well done mate on completing your class and I look forward to seeing you in here more often now. I was going to ask about the t-shirt contest if anyone has submitted any designs but it sounds like no one has which is a shame. Maybe we need more promotions for thhis like a thread in the Altcoins marketplace on this forum. I'll tweet it out once again to my followers as well but I think a thread on here will get some exposure as not everyone looks in here.

ilog

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

Bitcoin the only GOD.

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 09:17:42 AM

Hello,

Moin hold very strong against Bitcoin. That gives me sense and feeling that MOIN community is a very strong one and are here for a bigger picture.

Thank you,

In BITCOIN we Trust.
vella85

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2017, 11:31:45 PM

Hello,

Moin hold very strong against Bitcoin. That gives me sense and feeling that MOIN community is a very strong one and are here for a bigger picture.

Thank you,

Yes that's right my friend, MOIN has been holding strong against the BTC price for many months now, in fact it's been holding strong for all of 2017 so far. Yes MOIN has strong community support even though there doesn't seem to be many people posting in here but people can see that MOIN has strong support by looking at the price charts in the past 6 months.

mmirc

Activity: 64
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 07:40:53 PM

I think the price will Moin until the end of 2017, $ 0.10 +
vella85

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2017, 10:39:47 PM

I think the price will Moin until the end of 2017, $ 0.10 +

It's looking like it will at least reach 0.10 in the near future as MOIN has been making steady gains for many months now. Yes we do get pull backs but it rebounds quickly back up to where the price was before the pull back. Every time there is a pull back I load up on more coins to build my stake. I believe MOIN is just getting started and 2017 will be a great year for MOIN.

KingCaper (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2017, 12:33:11 AM

HElllloooooooooo Moin.  Thanks for the update KingCaper.  I think that solution sounds good and will help relieve the feeling of coins being missing prior to the wallet being unlocked.

I'm feeling good today because I am finally done with that class.  The javascript runs through me now. I will try to work on updating the movement website soon now.  

I still haven't noticed anyone submit a design for the shirt contest.  I hope I didn't miss one or anything.

That's all for now. Just wanted to say hello and give a summer shout.  Cool

Congrats Jookly, that's good news! I hereby hand over all wallet UI debugging responsibilities to you.    Grin

Jookly
Legendary

Activity: 1131
Merit: 1007

View Profile
May 13, 2017, 01:39:29 PM

Alright looks like KingCaper is our first entry in the t-shirt contest as of now  Tongue  Cheesy

I know you are joking about the UI responsibilities but I actually do wish I had the confidence and skills to help with the wallet.  Maybe I can get there someday.   Smiley 
KingCaper (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2017, 09:28:04 PM
Last edit: May 15, 2017, 01:52:03 AM by KingCaper

Fortnightly Sunday Update

Hello all. Not a huge amount to report since the last update was a little late. The twitter price bot temporarily stopped its illustrious spamming as the C-Cex API has been playing up. So I "delisted" them from it. Heh.  Cheesy

All of our policies and communications are designed to attract the business-oriented long-term owner and to filter out possible buyers whose focus is short-term and market-oriented.” -Warren Buffett

I might put that in the OP. A few people have asked for more information about The Platform recently. Again, I think it's not in our best interests to release information on it for now. This strategy was originally at least partly a reaction to, and a way to try to differentiate us from, the plague of other crypto projects who over-promise and then under-deliver (or don't deliver at all). The continuation of this strategy is pretty well summed up by the above quote. At the moment the relationship between the team and investors is really good because we've always done our best to make clear that we're committed to this for the long-term. If we were to announce our plans with great fanfare too far in advance I think we'd be setting ourselves up for more and more questions in the coming weeks from new traders eager to flip their coins and move on to the next big one. It wouldn't be fun and I'd probably become much less communicative. As it stands we've built a small, friendly community. The enquiries we get are always polite and the people we've attracted are almost all really good-natured. That might not mean much monetarily, but it means a lot to me and it's part of the reason I enjoy working on MOIN so much.

I suppose in a way this strategy is emblematic of not just my, but the whole team's attitude and approach. When there's a choice between an easy option that'll bring MOIN some immediate short-term glory, or a more difficult option that will benefit us more in the long-term, we'll almost always choose the latter. Me, crz and axhllt all share a diligence in the way we go about things. It's not about finishing the work, it's about making something of the highest possible quality. We each put a lot of care and thought into what we do.

So me, I've been doing a lot of reading and studying and thinking about design patterns and how to make sure The Platform code will be clean and intelligible to make it easy for other developers to contribute in the future. It's actually axllht who's probably been doing the most exciting work of late - he's been secretly working up potential new designs for both the website and the wallet. Even unfinished they're both looking pretty special and I think the final wallet design in particular will do a lot to help to define MOIN with a personality and style of its own.

That's all for now, talk to you all in two weeks (if not sooner) when I'll probably have to come up with another overly-wordy way of saying "Believe me, we're working on it!"  Smiley

KingCaper (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2017, 10:13:23 PM

Alright looks like KingCaper is our first entry in the t-shirt contest as of now  Tongue  Cheesy

I know you are joking about the UI responsibilities but I actually do wish I had the confidence and skills to help with the wallet.  Maybe I can get there someday.   Smiley 

I'm sure you can Jookly and when you do we'll no doubt have some new and wondrous UI bugs waiting for you to sink your teeth into.  Wink

KingCaper (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2017, 01:27:22 PM

Several people have mentioned they'd like to invest - or increase their investment - in MOIN, but they're having trouble finding significant amounts for sale at their desired price points. This is maybe the one downside of attracting mainly long-term investors. I can write a bot that'll monitor the markets and then report when there's a sell order above a certain threshold (for instance 5k MOIN). If it's something you'd be interested in please take a moment to answer the poll question at the top of the page.

ooom

Activity: 165
Merit: 100

Learning is the beginning of wealth.

View Profile
May 17, 2017, 05:08:15 PM

I would say for those guys accumulate slowly. Free MOIN days at exchanges are over. Time passes and more people learn about this nice project.

Disclaimer: My material is for informational purposes only.  It should not be considered legal or financial advice. I do not make any guarantee or other promise as to any results that may be obtained from using my content.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 »
  Print  

Jump to: