Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 06:33:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: .

Pages: « 1 ... 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 [269] 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 ... 541 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][PIVX] - PRIVATE INSTANT VERIFIED TRANSACTION - PROOF OF STAKE - ZEROCOIN  (Read 782152 times)
jakiman
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1011

jakiman is back!

View Profile
January 01, 2017, 10:18:51 PM

Any dev who can code but just need some good ideas, please get in touch with me or s3v3nh4cks.
More devs means more things will get done in less time and we have many great ideas Smiley

If you are good at anything else (marketing, blogging, videos, writing wiki's or tutorials, mobile apps, web design etc.), you are VERY welcome as well.
You can do as little or as much as you wish. Any help will be appreciated. Compensation is possible also. We prefer to get things done without politics.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Samoshi

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 02, 2017, 06:42:32 AM

DNET = Decentralized Network ??
jakiman
Legendary

jakiman is back!

View Profile
January 02, 2017, 07:16:07 AM

It's actually short for DARKNET.

But we are currently in the process of re-branding with a new name which should happen very soon.

Samoshi

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 02, 2017, 07:19:43 AM

It's actually short for DARKNET.

But we are currently in the process of re-branding with a new name which should happen very soon.

My point is, DNET can be rebrand in THE distributed network.... or THE decentralized network.

Let me send you "2 decentralized network tokens"....
jakiman
Legendary

jakiman is back!

View Profile
January 02, 2017, 12:44:08 PM

My point is, DNET can be rebrand in THE distributed network.... or THE decentralized network.

Let me send you "2 decentralized network tokens"....

Ah. I get you now. I do like how it'll keep DNET short name which I'm quite used to. Smiley
But to those who aren't, I feel it's slightly confusing due to the word ending with NET.

cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
January 02, 2017, 01:18:42 PM

I like darknet (the name) it was the only reason I even clicked on the thread.

Where is the vote or poll on this thread that says the entire community wants a name change? I see some twitter update poll this is more important.

No way zonovera is a good move.

Where is the funding for this rebranding coming from anyway?

Rather spend money on a coder to update massively the wallet and set up affiliation with a ton of vps so we can have a couple of paste and click fields to set up masternodes in a few seconds instead of jumping through a ton of hoops and hassle.

borris123

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 02, 2017, 03:00:45 PM

Where is the vote or poll on this thread that says the entire community wants a name change? I see some twitter update poll this is more important.

Rather spend money on a coder to update massively the wallet and set up affiliation with a ton of vps so we can have a couple of paste and click fields to set up masternodes in a few seconds instead of jumping through a ton of hoops and hassle.

neither of the 3 are a good move but the select few have pushed these. i thought this is what we were trying to get rid of like dash where what the few say goes. I have not voted because a no vote is better than those names. that rebrand comany has had your pants down if those are the best names they came up with out of the 70 or so they did.

it needs opening up to everyone a poll where whoever has a good idea can add to the poll. then once that poll is complete tally up the top votes of each name say top 10? then do a poll on these names. then a masternode vote on top of that? maybe not the masternode vote but i thought that was what the voting system was for.
Pffrt

Activity: 1372
Merit: 322

View Profile
January 02, 2017, 03:18:03 PM

what are the alternative names? i see no mention on the OP unless i missed it?
private instant verified eXchange or Rezalute or zonovera

must agree with above these are terrible names.

+1

I also agree. I think none of the names are catchy or easily remembered, and they also don't really mean anything.
EStanek

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 02, 2017, 03:22:26 PM

Boris123 and CryptoHunter:

The bigger problem is that the Master Node ownership is not well distributed at this point. The Whales would veto the community. While the process we went with may not be perfect, it is far better than letting only 3 or 4 people decide. Further, it was those same whales that agreed to remove their bias to the name selection by doing it this way.

The funding for the re-brand was donated by a community member. No one else offered to contribute.

Personally, I am getting more and more involved, and I can tell you that every person I speak with is apprehensive about the Darknet name. They love that it implies privacy, but do NOT like that at the same time it implies illegal activity. More importantly, it is holding almost everyone back from joining and contributing to the community. In other words, the current name is part of the reason that Darknet is not better distributed already.

I am an entrepreneur. Many many years ago, I thought sales and marketing was a joke and anyone in that industry just wanted to enjoy long lunches and play gold all day with potential clients. Now I know how important marketing is, and just building a 'better mouse trap' alone is not enough. Marketing matters a lot. Probably more than the underlying technology of the virtual currency.

I invite you both to be an active part of the next phase of the re-brand when we decide on the creative artwork the vendor submits.

I also invite you both to get involved in the work starting on maturing the Darknet Governance or defining the Manifesto. Please touch base with @cryptosi on the Darknet Slack to see where you can help.

Sorry if I missed a question - please let me know if I did.

Cheers!
DRPD
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 02, 2017, 03:37:36 PM
Last edit: January 02, 2017, 03:56:23 PM by DRPD

neither of the 3 are a good move but the select few have pushed these. i thought this is what we were trying to get rid of like dash where what the few say goes. I have not voted because a no vote is better than those names. that rebrand comany has had your pants down if those are the best names they came up with out of the 70 or so they did.

it needs opening up to everyone a poll where whoever has a good idea can add to the poll. then once that poll is complete tally up the top votes of each name say top 10? then do a poll on these names. then a masternode vote on top of that? maybe not the masternode vote but i thought that was what the voting system was for.

well even if i'm pro rebranding (darknet is maybe a cool name but a no go for mass adoption) i agree with you.

in my opinion we should not determine the name in isolation. at least with a new logo and/or maybe other stuff e.g. an overall marketing concept.

i think this is a realy important decision & i do not understand the hurry. the decision should be more democratic.

@EStanek i understand your point. maybe just 1 vote don't matter how much mn's someone own or something like that. there must be a democratic solution for this problem!

i hope i made myself clear (problems with translation today still some hangover i guess Tongue)
q327K091
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1010

View Profile
January 02, 2017, 04:50:49 PM

I , as major "whale" only purpose now is to keep the network going at the full speed, I forego acquisitions till further notice

there is a big buy order hanging @600 sat for some time now its being changed from time to time based on market vol no matter how small, at 7.2 BTC given recent BTC movement it is substantial

my warning to community is two fold.. BTC is extremely centralized to China  and two slow progress in innovation , assume even minor upgrades but consistent and gradual increase in volume attention will be brought forth , it is then I will literarily send monthly proceeds to a dev or dev(s) to conduct higher order cryptography work which could spell a lot of money for them, on the base line the 1.2 mil dnet will remain intact while devs will receive steady and potentially not a small income

this is the purpose and intent

as a service to community be very careful on possibility of BTC retraction and if that happens it wont be small
EStanek

View Profile
January 02, 2017, 07:45:20 PM

Re-Brand Final Vote:

PIVx 38.8% (Winner)
Rezalute 30.6% (Tied for 2nd)
Zonovera 30.6% (Tied for 2nd)

Next phase is the creative artwork. If you would like to be actively involved in that process, please join us on Slack and ask to join.

We will continue to update here and in the #general channel on Slack, so if you are just going to lurk, we prefer you not join the re-brand team. However, if you are willing to be active and constructively contribute, we welcome you. This approach is simply to keep the number of decision makers to a minimum during the 'whittle down' process. When we get it down to a short list, the entire community will have an opportunity to vote.

Thanks everyone!

Equalizer1970

Activity: 623

Fortune favours the bold!

View Profile
January 02, 2017, 08:27:49 PM

Question: will the anonymous tech be implemented at the same time the rebranding is done?
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
January 02, 2017, 08:32:21 PM

I agree. This is not how this coins should be run. There should be a poll here on the main thread to vote for a name change and then more time to decide on this change. This is nonsense. Unless there is a good reason to rush through a name rebrand I see this as a bad move.

borris123

Activity: 728

View Profile
January 02, 2017, 08:54:28 PM

I agree. This is not how this coins should be run. There should be a poll here on the main thread to vote for a name change and then more time to decide on this change. This is nonsense. Unless there is a good reason to rush through a name rebrand I see this as a bad move.

Apparently there are devs that will not start working on the project untill the name is changed plus others that don't want to put any time in to the project if it's still called darknet and investors not willing to invest unless it's changed.
EStanek

View Profile
January 02, 2017, 09:56:55 PM

@Equalizer1970 re "Question: will the anonymous tech be implemented at the same time the rebranding is done?"

The anon tech is a priority for development and separate from the re-brand. It will be done in parallel. I expect it will take time, so I doubt it will be done at the same time, but could end up being that way. However, other development tasks are being done first because they are smaller and there are development resources to commit to those.

@cryptohunter re "This is not how this coins should be run."

I have addressed your concerns. Do you have new ones? What would be helpful is if you could give constructive feedback. Perhaps you have - I didn't review this entire thread - only the past few pages. Thanks.
Equalizer1970

Activity: 623

Fortune favours the bold!

View Profile
January 02, 2017, 10:16:16 PM

@Equalizer1970 re "Question: will the anonymous tech be implemented at the same time the rebranding is done?"

The anon tech is a priority for development and separate from the re-brand. It will be done in parallel. I expect it will take time, so I doubt it will be done at the same time, but could end up being that way. However, other development tasks are being done first because they are smaller and there are development resources to commit to those.

@cryptohunter re "This is not how this coins should be run."

I have addressed your concerns. Do you have new ones? What would be helpful is if you could give constructive feedback. Perhaps you have - I didn't review this entire thread - only the past few pages. Thanks.

Ok. Thanks for that answer.

One more thing, has the new wallet been fixed so POS works now? Available for dl soon?
jakiman
Legendary

jakiman is back!

View Profile
January 02, 2017, 10:25:36 PM
Last edit: January 02, 2017, 10:41:17 PM by jakiman

All, I can understand and in many ways, agree with some of your concerns and compaints.

But please keep in mind that this BCT thread is not the only place of DNET community activity nor should be.
In fact, we have far more people being active on Slack to fill pages and pages of this forum thread every day.

We have posted here multiple times for everyone who care about the coin to participate on the vote.
We have posted on Slack multiple times to remind people to join the vote also.
We wanted people in crypto to vote but also those who aren't to get a better non-biased feedback.
Hence the decision to not utilize MNO voting but involve far more people via secure anonymous poll.
I'm quite certain that most DNET masternode whales have voted. So they have not missed out. Cool

Also, another reason was that a good name, if it's this publicly listed here, will be taken by name poachers long before poll gets finished.
If you have a great name suggestion, make sure you buy all the .com, .org etc domains as well as secure all the SNS and forum ID's etc.
That costs a lot of money and time. We have secured many domain names out of our own pocket. Many that didn't even make this poll!
So yeah, we can go on and on with a new name poll. But keep in mind that it does cost money and also takes away marketing time.

I think I'll always have reservations with any new name. I really liked "DNET" myself. But I guess that's coz I got used to it.
Thanks to a community member forking out a lot of money, we have a professional marketing company doing this for us.
Whatever new name we get, once a "good" logo & artwork is made for it, and we let it sink in, I'm sure it will be fine. Grin

BTW, we have had many discussions in slack about how to improve governance as we know it needs improvement.
We have ideas (In-wallet voting but not just MNO's etc) but not enough devs to make it happen any time soon.
If any of you are able to assist with improving the current Masternode Voting system, please PM me or s3v3nh4cks. Smiley

jakiman
Legendary

jakiman is back!

View Profile
January 02, 2017, 10:28:07 PM
Last edit: January 02, 2017, 10:57:21 PM by jakiman

Ok. Thanks for that answer.

One more thing, has the new wallet been fixed so POS works now? Available for dl soon?

Last I heard 3 days ago was that devs were trying to track down the stake issue.
So it is being looked into as priority. While doing so, they did find other bugs also.

Edit: It is expected to be fixed this week.

LemonAndFriesOne
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 03, 2017, 12:45:50 AM

PIVx
    Rezalute
    Zonovera

Cheesy What do those even mean? DNET is much better still.  Cheesy Cheesy
Pages: « 1 ... 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 [269] 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 ... 541 »
  Print  

Jump to: