Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 09:46:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 [149] 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 ... 211 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][EGC] EverGreenCoin | Environmental Green Causes | Full 7% PoS | Foundation  (Read 284480 times)
frostminer

Activity: 742
Merit: 505

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2016, 12:13:09 AM

No ... Staking is something u do in at your bank/node, like bank interest.

Mobile wallets are just that ... mobile cash.

Also staking requires good connections to the network, and some power to do it.
This is not something u need or want on your mobile unit.

Also, bringing your whole stash with you doesnt seem too wise.
You know... all eggs in one basket thing.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Chicago

Activity: 592
Merit: 259

View Profile
November 07, 2016, 01:58:50 AM

Also staking requires good connections to the network, and some power to do it.

Consider the feasibility of staking from an Android wallet.

The moment staking from an Android wallet becomes doable, would inevitably become the moment staking from an Android wallet becomes infeasible -- due to reasonable anticipated exponential growth in the PoS difficulty brought on by historically non-staking balances suddenly adopting an Android wallet to start staking.

The inherent contradiction here becomes - yes we do want staking to protect the network - yes we do want the PoS difficulty to increase and for the blocks to become more full of transactions, leading to fewer reorganizations.  At the same, obtaining this result would undesirably make staking less attractive for an Android user who happens to only open the wallet once in a while here and there.

However, if all the users ran their staking clients all of the time; we would have a good target PoS difficulty; maximizing transactions in blocks; fewer reorganizations and hence less data usage for an Android client in that they would have fewer blocks to receive and transmit with less overhead.

The Android hardware "is there" these days, with regard to available memory and computational power.
    Some users want to stake on Android and they are stakeholders too, so their opinion is valuable.
    I do like how the community is sharing the warning about just carrying small balances on mobile devices.

It seems like this portion of the thread is a good time to reiterate how important staking is for the overall health of the network and how everyone relies upon it now that the PoW phase has ended.

Best Regards,
-Chicago
EverGreenCoin (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1192

EverGreenCoin® (EGC) EverGreenCoin.org

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2016, 02:10:41 AM

Some community members have expressed interest in staking EverGreenCoin on Android devices that are not mobile phones. Beyond that, many point of sales devices run on Android.

If I can provide Android users options, I would like to. Of course, users would be advised of pros and cons in effort to guide them to selecting the fitting wallet for their device and needs.

Chicago

View Profile
November 07, 2016, 02:24:47 AM

Some community members have expressed interest in staking EverGreenCoin on Android devices that are not mobile phones. Beyond that, many point of sales devices run on Android.

Good point, I hadn't really considered how prolific Android emergence has become beyond the mobile phone...

Best Regards,
-Chicago
frostminer

Activity: 742
Merit: 505

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2016, 12:03:20 PM

I dont think this is something u want on a device running on batteries... wired power is another story, as they are most likely permanently on and connected.

starmman
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1029

View Profile
November 07, 2016, 12:55:58 PM

I dont think this is something u want on a device running on batteries... wired power is another story, as they are most likely permanently on and connected.

I can see people wanting to stake it on an old phone plugged in as it uses way less power than a conventional PC or laptop. I'm also wondering how much power is required to stake, if its just a token amount running in a background process, maybe it wont have much of an impact on battery life.
Gizfreak
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

Allergic to false promises

View Profile
November 07, 2016, 01:39:51 PM

A staking Android wallet is not so important, but I could use it well to stake with my Android TV stick (10W) 24/7 with the use of 2 solar power packs.
Staking on a mobile device doesn't make any sense imo.
drofxafm

Activity: 121
Merit: 20

View Profile
November 07, 2016, 01:45:56 PM

I can see people wanting to stake it on an old phone plugged in as it uses way less power than a conventional PC or laptop. I'm also wondering how much power is required to stake, if its just a token amount running in a background process, maybe it wont have much of an impact on battery life.

Looking at the wallet daemon on my CHIP it's not using much cpu at a time, however it's continuously running (and presumably as part of staking would need to so that it can keep up with the block chain). Keeping the cpu and data connections active will be something that impacts battery life (being able to suspend the data connections and CPU is the best way of saving battery power).

That said, for people that want a low power staking setup the planned hardware for the Solar Staker would probably fit their needs just as well as an always powered android device (My test setup is currently running at about 2W).
shadabahmed

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 08, 2016, 08:21:09 AM

my wllet is offline plz provide me nodes

You do not need nodes. The 7 seednodes are hardcoded into the wallet, discovering peers via the seednodes is best. Are you running version 1.3?

i am using this version evergreencoin-qt-win-v1.3.0.0

i need because my wallet in syncing mode since 3.10.2016
it stucked on block 653741

and 0 avtive conection

Nodes is not your problem. It is more probable you need to resync your wallet.

Follow these steps:

1, Close your EverGreenCoin wallet.
2, Navigate to %appdata%/EverGreenCoin within Windows Explorer. (otherwise stated, C:\Users\<Windows User>\AppData\Roaming\EverGreenCoin)
3, Delete everything in that folder except your wallet.dat file.
4 (optional), follow: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1378653.msg15797264#msg15797264 to load a snapshot. This might be faster than snycing over the network.
5, Launch the wallet.

thanks sir

WALLET stuck again at block 724663 what to do now?

Am I spamming? Report me!
drofxafm

View Profile
November 08, 2016, 08:31:25 AM

Follow these steps:

2, Navigate to %appdata%/EverGreenCoin within Windows Explorer. (otherwise stated, C:\Users\<Windows User>\AppData\Roaming\EverGreenCoin)
4 (optional), follow: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1378653.msg15797264#msg15797264 to load a snapshot. This might be faster than snycing over the network.
5, Launch the wallet.

thanks sir

There seems to be a bit of disruption in the network although it is recovering. If you still have no connections the steps that might be worth trying are:
  • restarting the wallet (and maybe your pc)
  • stop the wallet, remove the peers.dat file and then re-start it.
  • remove the whole block chain (as described above) and re-sync

It would be worth waiting a while between each of  those options (maybe an hour to see if they work). As long as you get a few connections you should start syncing to the network.
Chicago

View Profile
November 08, 2016, 08:50:29 AM

Hello,

Today, when this happened; after doing a bit of checking on block hashes and such - eventually I restarted evergreencoind with a few additional arguments.

-checklevel=6 -checkblocks=0 -rescan

The above may be overkill but is comprehensive.
    See the evergreencoind --help output for full descriptions of those arguments before employing them.

Best Regards,
-Chicago
shadabahmed

View Profile
November 08, 2016, 09:41:11 AM

Follow these steps:

5, Launch the wallet.

thanks sir

There seems to be a bit of disruption in the network although it is recovering. If you still have no connections the steps that might be worth trying are:

It would be worth waiting a while between each of  those options (maybe an hour to see if they work). As long as you get a few connections you should start syncing to the network.

i have 9 active connections.
i tried restarting wallet
i tried remove peers.dat but wallet not syncing
i dint wana remove whole blocj chain every time.

is there any other solution?

drofxafm

View Profile
November 08, 2016, 09:45:19 AM

Follow these steps:

5, Launch the wallet.

thanks sir

It would be worth waiting a while between each of  those options (maybe an hour to see if they work). As long as you get a few connections you should start syncing to the network.

Possibly just wait, If you've got connections you can hopefully find the rest of the network. As I mentioned above a few of us noticed some disruption on the network (lower than normal levels of connections) so it may just need a bit of time (probably a few hours) to recover.
shadabahmed

View Profile
November 08, 2016, 09:48:29 AM

Follow these steps:

5, Launch the wallet.

thanks sir

Possibly just wait, If you've got connections you can hopefully find the rest of the network. As I mentioned above a few of us noticed some disruption on the network (lower than normal levels of connections) so it may just need a bit of time (probably a few hours) to recover.

check this image bro

Gizfreak
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

Allergic to false promises

View Profile
November 08, 2016, 10:32:27 AM

I don't see anything weird here tbh

EverGreenCoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2016, 12:59:26 PM

Yes, all the seednodes do appear fine also. I too noticed a lower connection count about 24 hours ago but, only < 10 fewer than the normal on average across the seednodes.  Though they do seem to be returning to normal levels now.

I have moved a more recent snapshot to our web server, http://evergreencoin.org/729617snap.zip should anyone need it. Snapshotting is much faster than re-syncing over the network. Though you do have to download 1 large (~500 MB) file first. Follow these instrustions, but use the more recent snapshot I have linked as opposed to the one linked in those instructions.

I have moved a fresh peers.dat with 38 peers as well to http://evergreencoin.org/peers.dat should that be useful to anyone with a low connection count. Remember, 1) close your wallet. 2) overwrite peers.dat 3) launch your wallet. 4) patience.

Sorry to those experiencing any issue. Measures are being actively taken to further strengthen the network and myself and community members are investigating in-depth and monitoring closely. Of course, thanks to those assisting and offering help to others.

crysx

Activity: 364
Merit: 260

--- ChainWorks Industries ---

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2016, 01:20:16 PM

Yes, all the seednodes do appear fine also. I too noticed a lower connection count about 24 hours ago but, only < 10 fewer than the normal on average across the seednodes.  Though they do seem to be returning to normal levels now.

I have moved a more recent snapshot to our web server, http://evergreencoin.org/729617snap.zip should anyone need it. Snapshotting is much faster than re-syncing over the network. Though you do have to download 1 large (~500 MB) file first. Follow these instrustions, but use the more recent snapshot I have linked as opposed to the one linked in those instructions.

I have moved a fresh peers.dat with 38 peers as well to http://evergreencoin.org/peers.dat should that be useful to anyone with a low connection count. Remember, 1) close your wallet. 2) overwrite peers.dat 3) launch your wallet. 4) patience.

Sorry to those experiencing any issue. Measures are being actively taken to further strengthen the network and myself and community members are investigating in-depth and monitoring closely. Of course, thanks to those assisting and offering help to others.

hi all ...

if all goes well - we should have 12 seednodes up and running by tomorrow afternoon ( gold coast - queensland - australia time ) and a total of 16 from the cwi network fully functional ...

always in contact with steven - always working together - always keeping an eye on whats happening ...

we will strengthen this backbone - one full node at a time - one constantly running daemon at a time - one open wallet at a time ...

together - we make good on the strength that is the community and network that keeps this project moving forward ...

have some patient - and hope that everything works out with the compilations and the syncs ... we really are doing our best to keep up ...

and of course you have an awesome dev overseeing all this Wink ...

#crysx

ChainWorks Industries . grn - Ga2TFVPW3y2vd9vMdqLWfid9hf8RPSQV19 . exchange - https://bleutrade.com/exchange/GRN/BTC/ . email - crysx@gnxs.com .
kushalgaudel

Activity: 124
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 08, 2016, 06:30:53 PM

hi all ...

if all goes well - we should have 12 seednodes up and running by tomorrow afternoon ( gold coast - queensland - australia time ) and a total of 16 from the cwi network fully functional ...

always in contact with steven - always working together - always keeping an eye on whats happening ...

we will strengthen this backbone - one full node at a time - one constantly running daemon at a time - one open wallet at a time ...

together - we make good on the strength that is the community and network that keeps this project moving forward ...

have some patient - and hope that everything works out with the compilations and the syncs ... we really are doing our best to keep up ...

and of course you have an awesome dev overseeing all this Wink ...

#crysx
thanks for the information
shadabahmed

View Profile
November 08, 2016, 06:49:25 PM

i did what u said i am getting this error

i downloaded this file http://evergreencoin.org/729617snap.zip

and delete these files n folders

Then Delete 4  files :  .lock & blk0001.dat & db.log & debug.log
Then Delete 2 folders named : database & txleveldb

and unzip that files n folders

EverGreenCoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2016, 08:56:19 PM

i did what u said i am getting this error

i downloaded this file http://evergreencoin.org/729617snap.zip

and delete these files n folders

Then Delete 4  files :  .lock & blk0001.dat & db.log & debug.log
Then Delete 2 folders named : database & txleveldb

and unzip that files n folders

Hi shadabhmed, sorry for the slow response, I was away from my desk.

I did test the snapshot locally and it did work as expected. The steps you mentioned do sound correct. I am doing some additional testing now to see if I can isolate a problem. Again, sorry for the slow response and for the issue you are experiencing.

Pages: « 1 ... 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 [149] 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 ... 211 »
  Print  

Jump to: