Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 07:29:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 [147] 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 ... 211 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][EGC] EverGreenCoin | Environmental Green Causes | Full 7% PoS | Foundation  (Read 284480 times)
starmman
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1029

View Profile
October 29, 2016, 08:24:30 AM

EGC is holding up very nicely against the rise in BTC by the way - most alts have shifted down by a large percentage level - EGC seems to still be trading within its range =)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
EverGreenCoin (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1192

EverGreenCoin® (EGC) EverGreenCoin.org

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2016, 04:27:52 PM

No worries, good to be transparent - there are always niggles with the release of a new site.

And sorry, I don't think that I'll be around for the community hangout today - I made commitments to take my wife shopping...

The hangout will be recorded, you can view it later if you wish. I just did a reinstall on the machine I will be streaming the hangout from, so I might start them both a bit early in hopes of resolving any issues prior to 17:00 GMT (1 pm EST). The meeting itself should only be about an hour, but we will go as long as need be. Of course, links will be posted here and tweeted at the start.

Enjoy your time with your loved ones!

EverGreenCoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2016, 04:35:44 PM

EGC is holding up very nicely against the rise in BTC by the way - most alts have shifted down by a large percentage level - EGC seems to still be trading within its range =)

I have received comments from many people that EGC is the only coin not in the red of their portfolio recently. Certainly I am very glad to see EGC's price hold, but wish no devaluing of other coins nor people's investments in them.

I was pleased to see EGC at 4000 sat again yesterday briefly. Hopefully we can continue that tread upward, regardless of what the market as a whole does.

Thanks for investing in EGC!

Kazadar

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 29, 2016, 04:51:29 PM

Yes its interesting to see how EGC usually goes up when all the alts goes down.

Guessing a few smaller investors are using it as a safe harbour.

EverGreenCoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2016, 05:05:07 PM

The link for the hangout: https://hangouts.google.com/call/dam73sjl4fclxaqh6roubu3azae

EverGreenCoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2016, 07:46:06 PM

Thanks to all that attended this month's community hangout!

For those of you that were unable to attend, the stage of the new website is at stage.evergreencoin.org Please do not post links to the stage on social media or other sites, as we do not want search engines indexing it for obvious reasons. Indexing is 'prevented' on the stage but some search engines will still index it if they crawl other links to it. As I expressed in the hangout, I am sorry the site is this far behind schedule and this far from completion. I am doing my best to both motivate and help Sci Fi Domain meet the obligation. Hopefully it is completed and moved to evergreencoin.org's root before indexing from search engines is an issue.

Again, thanks to all the participants! The next hangout will be November 26th at the same time, 17:00 GMT

starmman
Legendary

View Profile
October 29, 2016, 11:39:01 PM

Thanks to all that attended this month's community hangout!

For those of you that were unable to attend, the stage of the new website is at stage.evergreencoin.org Please do not post links to the stage on social media or other sites, as we do not want search engines indexing it for obvious reasons. Indexing is 'prevented' on the stage but some search engines will still index it if they crawl other links to it. As I expressed in the hangout, I am sorry the site is this far behind schedule and this far from completion. I am doing my best to both motivate and help Sci Fi Domain meet the obligation. Hopefully it is completed and moved to evergreencoin.org's root before indexing from search engines is an issue.

Again, thanks to all the participants! The next hangout will be November 26th at the same time, 17:00 GMT

Thanks - sorry I missed the hangout - I was busy shopping. I've taken a quick look at the new site, first impressions are good - but clearly in alpha state - as you mentioned - I'll post back with some more feedback in a couple of days (assuming I don't get time tomorrow) - got a busy couple of days ahead.
rishi2080

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 01, 2016, 09:03:03 AM

Great update Steven.

And to our community: "For the upcoming EverGreenCoin (tm) website (portal) 2.0, we've worked hard to ask serious and practical questions about EGC in terms of what the EGC community may need from the portal and what the EGC cryptocurrency itself needs from a supporting website at this stage of its development in order to stimulate further innovation and growth."

The back end system of the new website is coming together with its many features, and we are getting close to inserting content that covers the many important and strategic messages to be conveyed in connection with EverGreenCoin Movement.

In the interests of Green Causes and greater EGC investment, sincerely,

David

Web Developer
www.evergreencoin.org
www.scifidomain.com

MANY MONTHS PASSED AWAY , STILL WE CAN'T  FIND NEW WEBSITE , WHAT'S HAPPENING WITH EGC
Wosterlee

Activity: 220
Merit: 110

View Profile
November 01, 2016, 09:09:22 AM

Great update Steven.

And to our community: "For the upcoming EverGreenCoin (tm) website (portal) 2.0, we've worked hard to ask serious and practical questions about EGC in terms of what the EGC community may need from the portal and what the EGC cryptocurrency itself needs from a supporting website at this stage of its development in order to stimulate further innovation and growth."

The back end system of the new website is coming together with its many features, and we are getting close to inserting content that covers the many important and strategic messages to be conveyed in connection with EverGreenCoin Movement.

David

Web Developer
www.evergreencoin.org
www.scifidomain.com

MANY MONTHS PASSED AWAY , STILL WE CAN'T  FIND NEW WEBSITE , WHAT'S HAPPENING WITH EGC

http://stage.evergreencoin.org/
rishi2080

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 01, 2016, 09:33:34 AM

Great update Steven.

David

Web Developer
www.evergreencoin.org
www.scifidomain.com

MANY MONTHS PASSED AWAY , STILL WE CAN'T  FIND NEW WEBSITE , WHAT'S HAPPENING WITH EGC

ITS NOT WORKING NOW ? , WHEN IT WILL BE COMPLETELY LAUNCHED IN REPLACE OF OLD WEBSITE
starmman
Legendary

View Profile
November 01, 2016, 09:48:42 AM

Great update Steven.

David

Web Developer
www.evergreencoin.org
www.scifidomain.com

MANY MONTHS PASSED AWAY , STILL WE CAN'T  FIND NEW WEBSITE , WHAT'S HAPPENING WITH EGC

ITS NOT WORKING NOW ? , WHEN IT WILL BE COMPLETELY LAUNCHED IN REPLACE OF OLD WEBSITE

The site is working for me - albeit a little slow - still seems to be very much in development. Better to wait until its ready to launch. Going live in its current state will be a very negative user experience.
drofxafm

Activity: 121
Merit: 20

View Profile
November 01, 2016, 11:00:13 AM

These things take time, especially when trying to get something that looks good and works across a multitude of devices. It's usually much better to provide a completed project rather than a buggy half finished solution that drives potential newcomers away.

The team being paid to produce the new site are doing it at a significant discount and are adding a lot of new features. They also need to pay the bills so need to work on other projects to pay those bills. Running a business is not a cheap thing.

The same is true with the various other projects going on behind the scenes. At present I'm getting nothing for the hours of effort that have gone into the Solar Staker. Currently I'm doing it because I see a long term future in EGC.

As a side note, it would come across better if you don't use all capitals in your messages. Messages in all capitals are generally seen as shouting which never comes across well to those reading the message.
EverGreenCoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2016, 02:46:34 PM

Great update Steven.

David

Web Developer
www.evergreencoin.org
www.scifidomain.com

The site is working for me - albeit a little slow - still seems to be very much in development. Better to wait until its ready to launch. Going live in its current state will be a very negative user experience.

In regards to the speed, the server was upgraded over two months ago in preparation of the new site. Of course, we do not want to spend additional funds on additional upgrades that are unjustifiable for a site that is not in production use. It will certainly be upgraded more when needed.

Sorry for the continued delays. I will see if I can get a representative from Science Fiction Computer Pty Ltd. to elaborate on them for us.

starmman
Legendary

View Profile
November 01, 2016, 02:50:53 PM

Great update Steven.

David

Web Developer
www.evergreencoin.org
www.scifidomain.com

In regards to the speed, the server was upgraded over two months ago in preparation of the new site. Of course, we do not want to spend additional funds on additional upgrades that are unjustifiable for a site that is not in production use. It will certainly be upgraded more when needed.

Sorry for the continued delays. I will see if I can get a representative from Science Fiction Computer Pty Ltd. to elaborate on them for us.

The slow speed I'm reporting could be the firing up of a worker process since nobody is using the staging site. If I make multiple clicks after the first one, it seems to be a bit faster.
EverGreenCoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2016, 05:45:43 AM

All are invited to join us on Telegram at http://telegram.me/EverGreenCoin

Presently with 46 members, it is a good place to share ideas and information. Hope to see you there!

crysx

Activity: 364
Merit: 260

--- ChainWorks Industries ---

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2016, 07:28:00 AM

All are invited to join us on Telegram at http://telegram.me/EverGreenCoin

Presently with 46 members, it is a good place to share ideas and information. Hope to see you there!

no can do on linux and / or firefox ...

rebuilding the windows machine now - and prefer i NEVER have to use that garbage operating system ... BUT - that will only happen when developers will actually SUPPORT linux and free opensource software ...

paperwork almost finished ...

starting on the nodes after this ...

steven - let me know how you wish to prepare the code for this mate ... like i did with granite? ...

#crysx

ChainWorks Industries . grn - Ga2TFVPW3y2vd9vMdqLWfid9hf8RPSQV19 . exchange - https://bleutrade.com/exchange/GRN/BTC/ . email - crysx@gnxs.com .
EverGreenCoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2016, 08:28:24 AM

On a certain Debian flavor you dislike, but sure you know the accommodations for RedHat: http://askubuntu.com/questions/761118/install-telegram-on-ubuntu-16-04

In a browser, I just tested with ff: https://web.telegram.org/#/login

rebuilding the windows machine now - and prefer i NEVER have to use that garbage operating system ... BUT - that will only happen when developers will actually SUPPORT linux and free opensource software ...

Often times developers are driven by the market. Food on their plates.

steven - let me know how you wish to prepare the code for this mate ... like i did with granite? ...

#crysx

Sorry, my meeting ran over longer than expected but, it was extremely important to resolve some internal issues that arose today. I will track you down now...

crysx

Activity: 364
Merit: 260

--- ChainWorks Industries ---

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2016, 08:33:21 AM

On a certain Debian flavor you dislike, but sure you know the accommodations for RedHat: http://askubuntu.com/questions/761118/install-telegram-on-ubuntu-16-04

In a browser, I just tested with ff: https://web.telegram.org/#/login

Often times developers are driven by the market. Food on their plates.

#crysx

Sorry, my meeting ran over longer than expected but, it was extremely important to resolve some internal issues that arose today. I will track you down now...

no worries ...

Smiley ...

#crysx

ChainWorks Industries . grn - Ga2TFVPW3y2vd9vMdqLWfid9hf8RPSQV19 . exchange - https://bleutrade.com/exchange/GRN/BTC/ . email - crysx@gnxs.com .
portdavenport

Activity: 166
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 03, 2016, 06:30:57 AM
Last edit: November 03, 2016, 07:01:05 AM by portdavenport

Thank you Steven and the EGC Community for your question regarding EGC Website 2.0 Portal loading speed on the staging server address: http://stage.evergreencoin.org

Firstly, while we continue to load and test numerous feature extensions and modules for the website, Science Fiction Computer Pty Limited t/a www.scifidomain.com prefers to not enable Joomla caching by default.

The reason for this is to maintain a consistent build and testing environment for each new extension and/or software plugin added to identify potential conflicts or faults.

Secondly, images on the homepage (i.e. link above) are not optimized and used for temporary demonstration purposes only. Without notice homepage content may be either switched out with visually-appealing graphics which are optimized as official V2 content. Or without notice cleaner placeholders are an option we might use very shortly ready for fresh information to be inserted either by myself, by developer/s or Steven will help to show the new EGC website's educational intent.

We at SCiFi Domain (www.scifidomain.com) appreciate the EGC Community's and Steven's cooperation and patience as we work hard to construct a brand new infohub and business portal for the EverGreenCoin ("EGC") cryptocurrency.

We will endeavour to provide more updates shortly, however, the reason we as a commercial business have been quiet is because we are more focused on the backend website at the moment rather than spending time on the forums in discussion.

It may appear that little work on stage.evergreencoin.org has been done. However, please note that the reason homepage layout is not representative of a finished website ready for publishing to the EverGreenCoin.org root directory right now is because...

We are spending more time working on software and mechanics under the hood, rather than focusing on aesthetics at present.

SCiFi Domain has always been in regular contact with Steven during the recent months and we have not gone any longer than several days without communicating or speaking with him.

Make no mistake, more polished visual aesthetic design along with strategic EGC mission and message content will appear on the V2 Website based on Plans ultimately decided  upon in meetings between Steven (the Core Developer of EverGreenCoin) and SCiFi Domain after many sessions of consultation.

And that plan approved by Steven is to communicate and educate EGC for the mainstream and new users of digital cryptocurrency.

EverGreenCoin (tm) is more than just an altcoin cryptocurrency. It's a Green Causes Movement!

Sincerely,

David
Web Developer
www.scifidomain.com

abyaby123

Activity: 203
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 03, 2016, 07:24:51 AM

Hey David, the people here were thinking of a release already and now we saw a EGC page what was not even near finished...
The crypto guys want to khnow a release date. If you are a real company with Scifidomain you could give us the date. And if you khnow that you couldn't hold the release date you should have talked to us instead of showing us a layout page where nothing is finished.
Pages: « 1 ... 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 [147] 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 ... 211 »
  Print  

Jump to: