Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 08:44:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 [156] 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 ... 211 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][EGC] EverGreenCoin | Environmental Green Causes | Full 7% PoS | Foundation  (Read 284480 times)
Gizfreak
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

Allergic to false promises

View Profile
December 09, 2016, 01:24:02 PM

thats my 7btc worth ...
So much? Well I'll stìck to my 2 egc ^^
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
crysx

Activity: 364
Merit: 260

--- ChainWorks Industries ---

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2016, 01:33:55 PM

thats my 7btc worth ...
So much? Well I'll stay with my 2 egc ^^

hahaha ...

and this is why this community is such an awesome one ...

onya giz ...

#crysx

ChainWorks Industries . grn - Ga2TFVPW3y2vd9vMdqLWfid9hf8RPSQV19 . exchange - https://bleutrade.com/exchange/GRN/BTC/ . email - crysx@gnxs.com .
drofxafm

Activity: 121
Merit: 20

View Profile
December 09, 2016, 01:48:24 PM

what you have described is a pyramid scheme - NOT an mlm ...

multi-level-marketing systems ( note - systems NOT schemes ) actually work and ARE legal all over the world ...

Thank you for correcting me, I've said that this looked like a pyramid scheme many times before in this thread and you're the first to correct me.

However I'm struggling to see what the actual difference is (apart form the name and maybe how it's documented). This isn't helped when lots of the standard documentation seems to suggest they're both very similar. For instance the first paragraph on https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multi-level_marketing

Multi-level marketing (MLM), also called pyramid selling,[1][2][3][4] network marketing,[3][5][6] and referral marketing,[7] is a controversial pyramid-shaped marketing strategy where profit is theoretically derived from two revenue streams: from a sales force of a participating salesperson compensated via the direct sales generated by the salesperson, as well as from the sales of other salespeople that the participating salesperson has recruited and of their recruits down the line.

Even my quote above from the RBI seems to link both MLM and Pyramid selling together!

It seems that both MLM and the illegal pyramid schemes share a lot of things in common and very few differences (mostly in terms of what's being sold). From what I understand of how uniquebtc was setup I think the majority of my description is probably still correct whatever name you put on it.

we ( cwi ) have been working with steven for a while now - and have adopted him as one of our own - because of the skill and honesty and transparency as well as the integrity he brings to the table ... a few of the many traits we work with on a daily basis - and will continue to seek those who hold these traits to work with ... bringing a better 'system' so that 'schemes' are not as easily accepted ...

thats my 7btc worth ...

I'm aware of who you are and your involvement. One of the initial concerns (which was corrected relatively quickly) was that uniquebtc appeared to be linked directly to EGC and Steven (which is isn't) and how that it looked suspicious.

I believe that this wasn't meant to be a scam, unfortunately however that's how its come across. I think at least some of that has come from raised emotions from all sides when responding and the various language barriers we have.

I shall go and read some more on the differences between MLM and the various scams.

I'm with Gizfreak, all opinions should be in EGC  Grin
thats my 2EGC at least.
gp305

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 09, 2016, 05:23:58 PM

Anyone else having a problem with EverGreenCoin Wallet. Its not synchronizing. Blocks remaining is getting higher. I seem to be stuck at 716843. Any suggestions?

thats said ... what is your .conf parameters? ...

if you have ANY addnodes in the file - remove ALL of them and resync ... even if it means deleting the entire blockchain and syncing from the start again ...

you may be forking due to them ... and if you are not in a fork - check firewalls and all other apps that may block your access to the blockchain ...

#crysx

Where can I find the .conf parameter?. I'm on a mac. Thanks!
EverGreenCoin (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1192

EverGreenCoin® (EGC) EverGreenCoin.org

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2016, 06:24:21 PM

Anyone else having a problem with EverGreenCoin Wallet. Its not synchronizing. Blocks remaining is getting higher. I seem to be stuck at 716843. Any suggestions?

thats said ... what is your .conf parameters? ...

if you have ANY addnodes in the file - remove ALL of them and resync ... even if it means deleting the entire blockchain and syncing from the start again ...

you may be forking due to them ... and if you are not in a fork - check firewalls and all other apps that may block your access to the blockchain ...

#crysx

Where can I find the .conf parameter?. I'm on a mac. Thanks!

The .conf parameters he speaks of would be within the evergreencoin.conf file. On a Mac this would be located within /Users/YOUR USERNAME HERE/Library/Application Support/EverGreenCoin/ though you may not have an evergreencoin.conf file because it is not needed.

I would suggest to close your wallet, delete the peers.dat file that is also located within /Users/YOUR USERNAME HERE/Library/Application Support/EverGreenCoin/ and then relaunch the wallet and allow it to run its course. Be careful not to delete your wallet.dat file as that is irreplaceable and contains your coins.

amitd2012

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 09, 2016, 10:31:27 PM

Hello Steven Sir & EGC Community

If anyone here is from London then you should take a look at this below:

The Blockchain Expo – 23-24th January in London at the Olympia will be a great event.

More information here > http://blockchain-expo.com/?gclid=CjwKEAiAyanCBRDkiO6M_rDroH0SJAAfZ4KLoT22zziN8OQFhIAnpmsx3PJbqCvprqI29TTajS3EIxoCDCvw_wcB

Blockchain Expo will be arriving in London’s Olympia on January 23-24 2017, bringing together more than 1500 people across key industries for two days of world-class content from leading brands embracing and developing cutting edge blockchain technologies.

Presented in a series of top-level keynotes, interactive panel discussions and solution-based case studies with a focus on learning and building partnerships in the emerging Blockchain space, Blockchain Expo will explore the industries that are set to be disrupted the most by this new technology, including; legal sectors, financial services, healthcare, insurance, energy, music, government, real estate and more.

Co-located with IoT Tech Expo Global which attracts in excess of 4000 attendees, Blockchain Expo will showcase the latest developments in the Blockchain arena, in both emerging and more established markets.

The Blockchain for Developers & Industry conference track will look at a variety of platforms and services from startups to cloud providers, including developer networks, applications and APIs as well as the impact on legal, finance and government sectors with smart contracts.

Blockchain Technologies will focus on the evolution of blockchain and its applications. The conference will explore the many launches and trials being conducted, the different uses of blockchain technology in these verticals, and the vast opportunities in these sectors.

Taking place in London’s Olympia on January 23-24, the leading global Blockchain Expo event will host a range of industry verticals, from legal, financial and insurance to government and healthcare, alongside developers, startups, cloud providers, investors, venture capitalists, and many more.
crysx

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2016, 02:02:57 AM

what you have described is a pyramid scheme - NOT an mlm ...

multi-level-marketing systems ( note - systems NOT schemes ) actually work and ARE legal all over the world ...

Thank you for correcting me, I've said that this looked like a pyramid scheme many times before in this thread and you're the first to correct me.

However I'm struggling to see what the actual difference is (apart form the name and maybe how it's documented). This isn't helped when lots of the standard documentation seems to suggest they're both very similar. For instance the first paragraph on https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multi-level_marketing

Multi-level marketing (MLM), also called pyramid selling,[1][2][3][4] network marketing,[3][5][6] and referral marketing,[7] is a controversial pyramid-shaped marketing strategy where profit is theoretically derived from two revenue streams: from a sales force of a participating salesperson compensated via the direct sales generated by the salesperson, as well as from the sales of other salespeople that the participating salesperson has recruited and of their recruits down the line.

Even my quote above from the RBI seems to link both MLM and Pyramid selling together!

It seems that both MLM and the illegal pyramid schemes share a lot of things in common and very few differences (mostly in terms of what's being sold). From what I understand of how uniquebtc was setup I think the majority of my description is probably still correct whatever name you put on it.

we ( cwi ) have been working with steven for a while now - and have adopted him as one of our own - because of the skill and honesty and transparency as well as the integrity he brings to the table ... a few of the many traits we work with on a daily basis - and will continue to seek those who hold these traits to work with ... bringing a better 'system' so that 'schemes' are not as easily accepted ...

thats my 7btc worth ...

I'm aware of who you are and your involvement. One of the initial concerns (which was corrected relatively quickly) was that uniquebtc appeared to be linked directly to EGC and Steven (which is isn't) and how that it looked suspicious.

I believe that this wasn't meant to be a scam, unfortunately however that's how its come across. I think at least some of that has come from raised emotions from all sides when responding and the various language barriers we have.

I shall go and read some more on the differences between MLM and the various scams.

I'm with Gizfreak, all opinions should be in EGC  Grin
thats my 2EGC at least.

all good mate ...

you are a respected member of teh community here - and in others ... i too know who you are - and understand you mean no harm ... you base most of your decisions and opinions on fact - with some emotion thrown in for good measure ... after all - what are we without an emotional connection ...

the main difference ( and also why it is LEGAL all over the world ) is that an mlm allows its corresponding recruits to make more money and become further entrenched ( and as such make eevn more money ) than the person that introduced them ... unlike a pyramid 'scheme' where ONLY the people 'above' you can make more money than you - and the only way to make money is to recruit others to screw them out of their cash ...

most mlms actually sell products and services ... pyramids sell the scheme and filter cash through it ... hence why pyramid schemes are illegal ... its a form of gambling ...

the mlm that this group is pushing is their way of making money - and unless its a professional setup - then this setup can go nowhere except conjure images of 'scams' and 'ripoffs' - even though they 'may' not be ... i have not looked into it - as i have no interest in it ... BUT - the system MUST be professionally setup for someone like me to even look at it ...

this system is about btc / money - whether invested by this group or not ... it is NOT about egc and the projects' goals and focus ... so again - i am not interested in it ... there are MANY other btc driven coins out there to play with and make huge amounts of money from ... eth - zec - dcr - and many many others ...

egc is an ecologically based coin - and the project itself is driven by the need ( and want ) to support our ecology and environment ...

again mate - i have not followed what uniquebtc is doing ... but for those in the 'group from india' that have invested large sums of btc into egc - it seems that its ALL about the btc return and not the egc project itself ... if that is the case - it is understandable WHY the return is more important than the project itself - but doesnt make it a good thing in my opinion ...

if the focus IS egc - then ANY and ALL investements ( whether btc or time or effort ) is worth it - and worth the risk of 'losing' it for the benefit of the project ...

mlm or not - one should ALWAYS be aware of the pitfalls - even in legit businesses - and be aware that and decision that is made one way or another - has consequences ...

egc is a good coin - a good project - has a good community - and a good team behind it ... thats all that matters to us ...

if a business model it to be structured for it - whether mlm or not - then egc as a whole will benefit from a good solid foundation of a business model ...

EVERYONE deserves to succeed - its jut HOW you do it ... this project along with many others that are honest and forthright - will suffer in the beginning ... we do not scam or rip anyone or any business off to make the btc / cashflow to support the projects we take on - like many of the 'devs' out there that create these types of coins and disappear ...

nup - we are here for the long haul - and with steven as the sole / lead for 'his baby' egc - this coin is destined to be up there with some of the best ... and we are proud to be not only associated with the coin - but proud to have an honest hard workign talented developer like steven on our side also ...

as mentioned before - those traits are very hard to come by in crypto - but are what makes the difference ...

we will be updating the cwi op next week - ill be spending some time on it and will make it as presentable as possible ( though steven will need to reorganize it and make it look presentable if he has the time - hint hint mate Wink ) - and egc will be part of that update ...

o - and always remember - these are MY opinions and not of steven or the egc community in general ... just mine alone ...

#crysx

ChainWorks Industries . grn - Ga2TFVPW3y2vd9vMdqLWfid9hf8RPSQV19 . exchange - https://bleutrade.com/exchange/GRN/BTC/ . email - crysx@gnxs.com .
Gizfreak
Legendary

Activity: 1162

Allergic to false promises

View Profile
December 10, 2016, 09:52:29 AM

Let's end this discussion about a third party project, ok? Getting tired of it.
Everybody is free to think and act as he pleases, as long as it doesn't harm uninvolved people like mentioning them as responsible.
So let's move on with bringing EGC to where it should belong, in the cryptocurrency top 50.
drofxafm

Activity: 121
Merit: 20

View Profile
December 10, 2016, 11:40:18 AM

egc is a good coin - a good project - has a good community - and a good team behind it ... thats all that matters to us ...
nup - we are here for the long haul - and with steven as the sole / lead for 'his baby' egc - this coin is destined to be up there with some of the best ... and we are proud to be not only associated with the coin - but proud to have an honest hard workign talented developer like steven on our side also ...

as mentioned before - those traits are very hard to come by in crypto - but are what makes the difference ...

I couldn't have said those bits better myself.

With a new community built website hopefully coming soon, and the various bits of work happening in the background to move us onwards and upwards the future is bright. There's a good strong core that will ultimately let us move past these setbacks (and we seem to have had a few). 2017 should be a good year for EGC.

I'd also encourage anyone interested in EGC long term to join us on IRC (http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=EverGreenCoin) or slack and get involved.
EverGreenCoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2016, 01:01:41 AM

Please PM me with the email address you wish to have a slack invitation sent to, if you want to join the EverGreenCoin slack.

All are welcome!

crysx

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2016, 01:22:00 AM

Let's end this discussion about a third party project, ok? Getting tired of it.
Everybody is free to think and act as he pleases, as long as it doesn't harm uninvolved people like mentioning them as responsible.
So let's move on with bringing EGC to where it should belong, in the cryptocurrency top 50.

giz ...

when someone involves egc in ANY form - then discussion about it and the 'thing' they are involving egc in IS a part of the discussion ...

crypto top 50? ...

why are we aiming so low mate Wink ...

@crysx

EverGreenCoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2016, 06:12:54 AM

Please do verify your copy of the EverGreenCoin blockchain against the block explorer and do not move any EverGreenCoin to or from an exchange until they have been verified to be on the correct blockchain. An alarming low number of connections on the seednodes is indicating to me that there is an unintentional fork on the network.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

EDIT: If you find you are in an unintentional fork, meaning your block hash of your highest block does not match that block hash of the explorer's, please close your wallet promptly. Do not open it again until you are ready to resync. A recent snapshot is available at http://EverGreenCoin.org/EverGreencoinBlockChainSnapShot-2016-11-08.rar

starmman
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1029

View Profile
December 17, 2016, 08:39:01 AM

Please do verify your copy of the EverGreenCoin blockchain against the block explorer and do not move any EverGreenCoin to or from an exchange until they have been verified to be on the correct blockchain. An alarming low number of connections on the seednodes is indicating to me that there is an unintentional fork on the network.

EDIT: If you find you are in an unintentional fork, meaning your block hash of your highest block does not match that block hash of the explorer's, please close your wallet promptly. Do not open it again until you are ready to resync. A recent snapshot is available at http://EverGreenCoin.org/EverGreencoinBlockChainSnapShot-2016-11-08.rar

I added a couple of wallet notes to (hopefully) help with the fungibility of the coin this week - when I get access to my rig, I'll make sure I'm on the correct blockchain.
kiklo
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
December 17, 2016, 10:32:41 AM

Hi Steven,

New Snapshot Updated to 12-17-2016.
It & the Block explorer matched at Block #793409 .
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1378653.msg15797264#msg15797264

Cool
EverGreenCoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2016, 10:56:12 AM

Hi Steven,

New Snapshot Updated to 12-17-2016.
It & the Block explorer matched at Block #793409 .
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1378653.msg15797264#msg15797264

Cool

Thank you so much, kiklo! Cool

EverGreenCoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2016, 12:00:32 PM

In lieu of the new website and portal being in a sound enough state for launching and to go live, we have decided that rather than wait until next year, Jan 7th 2017, as previously scheduled for the next community meeting and hangout, we will have it today, Saturday December 17th at 17:00 GMT.

Hope to see you there!!!

starmman
Legendary

View Profile
December 17, 2016, 04:04:20 PM

In lieu of the new website and portal being in a sound enough state for launching and to go live, we have decided that rather than wait until next year, Jan 7th 2017, as previously scheduled for the next community meeting and hangout, we will have it today, Saturday December 17th at 17:00 GMT.

Hope to see you there!!!

I'm going to have to miss it again - I've been roped into dressing as an elf and handing presents around our village at 5pm - followed by drinking a lot of alcohol =)

Would be great to hear what was discussed =)
EverGreenCoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2016, 05:07:41 PM

EverGreenCoin
Community
Meeting
& Hangout

https://hangouts.google.com/call/o2fd3wds7nea7ezgw3fh7ad6uqe

See you there!

EverGreenCoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2016, 09:10:59 PM

Hope to see you there!!!

I'm going to have to miss it again - I've been roped into dressing as an elf and handing presents around our village at 5pm - followed by drinking a lot of alcohol =)

Would be great to hear what was discussed =)

No worries, starmman. =) For the most part, we discussed the new website. We walked through it a few time as participants came and left, pointing out the highlights. We did go ahead and make it live, it is now viewable. Much of the content is not yet complete but, we felt it is sound enough to go forward while we finish with it live. As always, feedback is greatly appreciated. Any help from the community is more than appreciated. So if anyone would like to contribute, I would love to hear from you. We do know there are minor aesthetic blemishes, but the picture is painted vividly enough to present. I hope everyone agrees and does like what they see.

We also discussed UniqueBTC. While one participate assured me the project was over, citing a lack of interest, another urged me to look at a new business plan. One stated only 48 participants and another stated 100, either of which I personally feel would be enough interest to move forward. I have a meeting tomorrow where I will be presented with more facts.

Enjoy handing out the presents to the children! That sounds very nice and nice of you to do. But sure it might require some drinks afterwards.

Cheers!

starmman
Legendary

View Profile
December 18, 2016, 09:26:31 PM

Just taken a quick look - first impressions - the site is looking much better than the beta version that was posted a few months ago. =)
Pages: « 1 ... 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 [156] 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 ... 211 »
  Print  

Jump to: