Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 01:18:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 [100] 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ETH price soaring. Are you going to move some BTC into ETH?  (Read 198763 times)
sportis

Activity: 406
Merit: 252

Veni, Vidi, Vici

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 10:28:37 AM

ETH is used as a platform of decentralized apps, programs, services and this job is doing extremely well but it is not a currency. Therefore, even though the price is increased I will not ever exchange bitcoin to buy eth. On the other side I am happy to invest some fiat to eth but as I said I can't see them as competitors but as different assets that anyone has if he wants to diversify his portfolio.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Pattberry

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 12:06:29 PM

Lol, there is no way you'll have a chance to scoop up ETH around $20-25, let alone $4-5  Cheesy. That would mean the market cap will half. so 2 billion $$ would've been taken out.
There is no way that is going to happen, it's only growing, slowly but surely. I'd recon $70-80 by summers end.
You'd be stupid if you take your money out of ETH now, it's the biggest crypto platform with by far the biggest support.
Let us assume that ETH as a contract is soaring and having a good time with all the new projects are using them as a platform but it is not a real currency to begin with and with the ETF talks reappearing again i will not let go of my coins for any contracts and that is the bottom line.
mtnsaa
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 12:12:06 PM

Lol, there is no way you'll have a chance to scoop up ETH around $20-25, let alone $4-5  Cheesy. That would mean the market cap will half. so 2 billion $$ would've been taken out.
There is no way that is going to happen, it's only growing, slowly but surely. I'd recon $70-80 by summers end.
You'd be stupid if you take your money out of ETH now, it's the biggest crypto platform with by far the biggest support.
Let us assume that ETH as a contract is soaring and having a good time with all the new projects are using them as a platform but it is not a real currency to begin with and with the ETF talks reappearing again i will not let go of my coins for any contracts and that is the bottom line.

Please explain to me what is a real currency?
dumada

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 01:20:19 PM

I have not used the ETH to buy anything yet.
colombuszka

Activity: 802
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 05:11:52 PM

Eth is only a kid compared to Bitcoin, but it already has a very good value.  Even if it seems a bit expansive, it has a good return value (not code! Smiley) in a few years.  Just imagine that, how much bitcoins would you have bought when it was around 50$?

▬◇
▬◇▬◆
▬◇▬◇▬◆

███
███░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███░░░███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███░░░███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░███
███
◇▬
◆▬◇▬
◆▬◇▬◇▬
mtnsaa
Legendary

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 05:42:14 PM

Lol, there is no way you'll have a chance to scoop up ETH around $20-25, let alone $4-5  Cheesy. That would mean the market cap will half. so 2 billion $$ would've been taken out.

That's fair, ETH actually has a purpose other than being a currency, but I'm sure it can also be used as a currency just fine too if you want to. I remember to have "bought" at lot of ICO tokens for example. What's the point of buying things with a "currency" like BTC (or ETH) for example perhaps is the better question, do you like jumping through hoops, handling decimals and worry about how much will you have next week? No retail business (big or small) can work on that, that's why Bitcoin never catch on in this field and most likely never will. A currency needs to be somewhat stable to be used daily, weekly and monthly.
Panzersin

Activity: 901
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 05:00:35 PM

Lol, there is no way you'll have a chance to scoop up ETH around $20-25, let alone $4-5  Cheesy. That would mean the market cap will half. so 2 billion $$ would've been taken out.

That's fair, ETH actually has a purpose other than being a currency, but I'm sure it can also be used as a currency just fine too if you want to. I remember to have "bought" at lot of ICO tokens for example. What's the point of buying things with a "currency" like BTC (or ETH) for example perhaps is the better question, do you like jumping through hoops, handling decimals and worry about how much will you have next week? No retail business (big or small) can work on that, that's why Bitcoin never catch on in this field and most likely never will. A currency needs to be somewhat stable to be used daily, weekly and monthly.

Is there any ICO now we can use ETH to buy?

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄           ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄           ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄           ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄           ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄           ▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄█▀           ▀█▄       ▄█▀           ▀█▄       ▄█▀            ▀█▄       ▄█▀           ▀█▄       ▄█▀           ▀█▄       ▄███████████████▄
  █▀   ████████▄▄  ▀█     █▀    ▄▄████▄▄   ▀█     █▀▄██    ██    ██▄▀█     █▀   ██████████  ▀█     █▀   ████████▄▄  ▀█     ███████████████████
 █     ███████████   █   █     ██████████    █   █  ▐███  ████  ███▌  █   █     ████▀▀▀▀▀▀    █   █     ███████████   █   █████████████████████
▐▌     ████  ░████   ▐▌ ▐▌    ████▀  ▀████   ▐▌ ▐▌   ███▌██████▐███   ▐▌ ▐▌     ████▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▐▌ ▐▌     ████   ████   ▐▌ ▐█▌ ▄▄ █▌ ▄ ▐█ ▐██ ▐██▌
▐▌     ████████▀▀    ▐▌ ▐▌    ████▄  ▄████   ▐▌ ▐▌    ████████████    ▐▌ ▐▌     ██████████    ▐▌ ▐▌     ████████▀▀    ▐▌ ▐█▌ ▄▄ █  ▀  █ ▐██ ▐██▌
 █     ████          █   █     ██████████    █   █     ████  ████     █   █     ████          █   █     ████▀████▄    █   █▌ ▀▀ ▌ ▐█▌ ▐   █   █
  █▄   ████        ▄█     █▄    ▀▀████▀▀   ▄█     █▄    ██    ██    ▄█     █▄   ██████████  ▄█     █▄   ████  ▀████ ▄█    ▀███████████████████▀
   ▀█▄           ▄█▀       ▀█▄           ▄█▀       ▀█▄            ▄█▀       ▀█▄           ▄█▀       ▀█▄           ▄█▀       ▀███████████████▀
     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀           ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀           ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀           ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀           ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀           ▀▀█████████▀▀

.POWER. PLAY

██       ██████████
         ████    ██ █ ▄▄▄█       █
        ██████   █   █▀  ██    █████
       ████████  ██ █    █ ████████████
████████████████████    ██   ██████████
███████████████████    █      ████████
  █████████▄▄▄████▌   █ █▀█▄  ████████
   ███████▀   ██ █     █   █▀█
    ███████▄    █     █   █   █
   ████████▀█         █ █▌█▐█ █
   ███████████    ▄    █▄ █  █
          ██████   ▀▄▄ ▄ █▄▄▄█
            █████▄    ▀   ▄█▀
            █████▀████████▀
EURO
MILLIONS

████  ██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████  ██

██  ████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██  ████

mtnsaa
Legendary

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 05:19:29 PM

Is there any ICO now we can use ETH to buy?

Of course, there are plenty at the moment, many big ones are already finished though.

You can keep an eye of current and upcoming ones with sites such as:

https://icotracker.net/
https://www.smithandcrown.com/icos/
http://www.icocountdown.com/
yefi
Legendary

Activity: 2842
Merit: 1511

View Profile
April 28, 2017, 01:33:40 AM

There's just no stopping ETH at the moment. Wonder if this will follow the Bitcoin bubble from 2013 in dollar terms and go to $250?
kc.

Activity: 267

uh-huh

View Profile
April 28, 2017, 02:06:46 AM

There's just no stopping ETH at the moment. Wonder if this will follow the Bitcoin bubble from 2013 in dollar terms and go to $250?
After EEA, the price will go up even more.

Everyone needs to #hodl.

Join the largest & most active Crypto Discord Server
bitbitch

Activity: 434

View Profile
April 28, 2017, 08:58:54 AM

supply side?
bitbitch

Activity: 434

View Profile
April 28, 2017, 08:59:53 AM

After EEA, the price will go up even more.

Everyone needs to #hodl.

EEA?
Venon

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 28, 2017, 10:54:46 AM

25% Gain in 1 day at current prices. That's incredible. Glad to be holding most of my portfolio in Ethereum Smiley

The is almost 1000 million dollar increase.
Teraboy

Activity: 2282
Merit: 505

View Profile
April 28, 2017, 02:45:22 PM

25% Gain in 1 day at current prices. That's incredible. Glad to be holding most of my portfolio in Ethereum Smiley

This is really amazing in my mind, What was driven the price of etheereum right now? I just think if this is caused by PoS implemented in the future. Someone has same thought with me?
mtnsaa
Legendary

View Profile
April 28, 2017, 02:53:15 PM

This is really amazing in my mind, What was driven the price of etheereum right now? I just think if this is caused by PoS implemented in the future. Someone has same thought with me?

There's just too much happening on Ethereum right now, Spotify just acquired Mediachain which uses Ethereum blockchain, Google did a test on it, something to do with book ownership (don't know much about it sorry!), Bank of America presented a demo. The EEA is for real guys, this is the only time we've seen such companies actually interested in blockchain projects. I won't even mention things like the Raiden Network, Ethereum Naming System and some very exciting dapps development.

Yes, most "bitcoiners" and skeptics will just say companies will steal the tech to create private chains. Sure, that's what's happening, private chains that communicate with the public so they can all build on the same infrastructure and have mutual trust. There's no point on building a completely private blockchain, it's just a regular old database.

Ethereum could still crash and burn but unless something very bad happen in the next months, the trend is most definitely up and depending on Metropolis hype (next release) and POS hybrid implementation a huge rally/bubble could start (+$100-200 prices).
prabakharras

Activity: 546

View Profile
April 28, 2017, 03:15:20 PM

Every price gain will come with a correction in the end. Happy crypto world
https://www.coingecko.com/en/price_charts/ethereum/usd

mtnsaa
Legendary

View Profile
April 28, 2017, 03:26:25 PM

That chart just looks beatiful and perfectly bullish.
Qinetik

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 29, 2017, 07:10:51 AM

If the price stays above 0.05 for some time, it is even better.

██████████  ✔  PoSToken - First PoS Smart Contract Token - Get Your Free Tokens Now!
█     PoSToken    █  ✔  Free Airdrop ●  No-ICO  ●  100% Annual Interest First Year
██████████  ✔  ANN ●  WebSite  ●  Twitter  ●  Slack  ●  Whitepaper
btcdiggingmaster

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

Transact Safer / Chase Better

View Profile
April 29, 2017, 11:22:06 AM

Many people are expecting same results but who know what is going to be the price ETH in coming, daily there are many coins being launched on basis of Ethereum technology, these things make Ethereum more popular.
Apened

Activity: 1386
Merit: 504

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2017, 12:07:27 PM

Many people are expecting same results but who know what is going to be the price ETH in coming, daily there are many coins being launched on basis of Ethereum technology, these things make Ethereum more popular.
Well its good for ethereum because of eth based coins now .Ethereum is more growing but i think it still contradict with bitcoins when bitcoin are being dump eth rises and vise versa. Splitting some funds to eth is good to have an option ,ethereum is unexpectedly rising from the start way back when it was introduced in the market.
Pages: « 1 ... 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 [100] 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 »
  Print  

Jump to: