Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 03:45:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 [76] 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ETH price soaring. Are you going to move some BTC into ETH?  (Read 198763 times)
Spaceman_Spiff
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1001

₪``Campaign Manager´´₪

View Profile
July 05, 2016, 05:26:36 PM

I know it's not a new kid per se but what do you think about Factom/FCT? I think it can make some very nice gains in the next upcoming weeks/months after the halvening and with so much ETH fud ahead of us. It's a very simple project with high demand from all industries, very much undervalued if you take into account ETH is still at $12!...

My alt strategy is more about buying panic and selling the relief than about trying to determine which coin will be the next hot ticket, so maybe I'm not the best person to ask. Presently I don't have a 'hook' on FCT, so I'm not going to trade it.

That's wise yes. To be honest, ETH for me it's completely dead and you know how much I "hyped" it. However, I for one couldn't foresee all this DAO situation and how it just keeps getting worse. So in crypto you really never know. I guess you don't have faith in any altcoin but really, ETH was destined to be around $30 by this time (all based on potential and "hype" we agree).

Right now for me the project is completely dead in the water no matter what they do or it will take many months to recover slowly. What I don't understand is why are we still at $12.

Are you planning to buy back in if it starts dropping to $4-5? What's your bottom? Do you think ETH can recover? I'm sorry to ask so many questions but you seem to have a much more surgically approach (I know you are mostly a trader) and I'm more inclined to long term investment and long positions (within reasonable).
When the sentiment is "move fast and break stuff", it might be hard to predict what exactly will break (or when), but not exactly surprising that something eventually breaks.
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
socks435
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1030

Privacy is always important

View Profile
July 05, 2016, 05:29:47 PM

I this is not the right time to convert bitcoin in to eth right now because the block halving is nearly coming and i think better to wait for block halving and wait if the price will still increase or not.. before i convert some of my bitcoin into ethereum..

Solving blocks can't be solved without my rigs.
mandica

Activity: 693
Merit: 508

View Profile
July 05, 2016, 06:34:50 PM

I this is not the right time to convert bitcoin in to eth right now because the block halving is nearly coming and i think better to wait for block halving and wait if the price will still increase or not.. before i convert some of my bitcoin into ethereum..

It is quite risky to buy the Ethereum right now. It is better to wait after the soft fork and watch the market response.
helloeverybody
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2016, 07:28:33 PM

I know it's not a new kid per se but what do you think about Factom/FCT? I think it can make some very nice gains in the next upcoming weeks/months after the halvening and with so much ETH fud ahead of us. It's a very simple project with high demand from all industries, very much undervalued if you take into account ETH is still at $12!...

My alt strategy is more about buying panic and selling the relief than about trying to determine which coin will be the next hot ticket, so maybe I'm not the best person to ask. Presently I don't have a 'hook' on FCT, so I'm not going to trade it.

That's wise yes. To be honest, ETH for me it's completely dead and you know how much I "hyped" it. However, I for one couldn't foresee all this DAO situation and how it just keeps getting worse. So in crypto you really never know. I guess you don't have faith in any altcoin but really, ETH was destined to be around $30 by this time (all based on potential and "hype" we agree).

Right now for me the project is completely dead in the water no matter what they do or it will take many months to recover slowly. What I don't understand is why are we still at $12.

Are you planning to buy back in if it starts dropping to $4-5? What's your bottom? Do you think ETH can recover? I'm sorry to ask so many questions but you seem to have a much more surgically approach (I know you are mostly a trader) and I'm more inclined to long term investment and long positions (within reasonable).

If the price drops to $4, there will be many unhappy miners. They will regret that he invested to mine.

Maybe there will be another PoW coin to mine. Or the miners will try their best to rehabilitate Ethereum.

For any other new PoW coins, the hashing from the Ethereum will make that coin unprofitable to mine quickly.

If the Ethereum fails, there will be other coins to be able to mined with all the 4000 GH/s of the number of graphics cards.

Before eth went up in price there was loads of gpu miners on eBay for cheap because there was nothing much worth mining.  Id imagine that after/if eth goes down in price or dies the same thing may happen again.  Theres really not much better coins to mine for a profit with gpu.

yefi
Legendary

Activity: 2842
Merit: 1511

View Profile
July 05, 2016, 08:53:14 PM

It is quite risky to buy the Ethereum right now. It is better to wait after the soft fork and watch the market response.

There won't be a soft fork because of the DoS vulnerability, so it's going to be a hard fork or nothing now (it also needs to be activated within the next five days to avoid complications with splits from TheDAO).

As mtnsaa mentioned, having 11+ million ETH unlocked will put downwards pressure on price.
mtnsaa
Legendary

Activity: 1568

View Profile
July 05, 2016, 09:37:01 PM

There won't be a soft fork because of the DoS vulnerability, so it's going to be a hard fork or nothing now (it also needs to be activated within the next five days to avoid complications with splits from TheDAO).

As mtnsaa mentioned, having 11+ million ETH unlocked will put downwards pressure on price.

I should've kept my short from above 0.02 opened but oh well, it was ridiculous going to almost 0.024. It's impossible to predict the right time to short sometimes, the market do many illogical things plus I'm sure the price was supported by ETH foundation, it would be around $4-5 already if not.

It's still above $10 which is crazy considering all things. I'm sure it will even bounce back to previous levels before the HF is executed. Once it is I think the real reckoning will begin and we'll see sub $5 prices in less than a month. If it's complete chaos ($1-2 prices) and Ethereum survives somehow then there's a strong chance it can come back next year...

We have to agree that denial is strong with these ones!
marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2348

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
July 05, 2016, 10:00:04 PM

move fast and break stuff ... i'll buy that for a dollar.

Tacalt

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 06, 2016, 08:11:21 AM

That could mean the DAO holders can dump their Etheeum straight away. That could be the reason for the big price drop.
Mugtaiya

Activity: 171
Merit: 3

View Profile
July 06, 2016, 11:22:40 AM

That could mean the DAO holders can dump their Etheeum straight away. That could be the reason for the big price drop.

I hope there will be a mechanism that make sure the dump of the Ethtereum to be orderly not to crash the price.
Positid

Activity: 378

BULL RUN until 2030

View Profile
July 06, 2016, 11:51:25 AM

I hope there will be a mechanism that make sure the dump of the Ethtereum to be orderly not to crash the price.
I don't know but I just like the price now, I would really buy more Ethereum with the current price as I believe it is not normal and the normal price would surely be higher than the current price.

.Duelbits.
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
▄▀▄
█   █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█▀▀▀▀▀█
▀█▀█▀
█▄█
█▄█
▄▀▄
█   █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█▀▀▀▀▀█
▀█▀█▀
█▄█
█▄█
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀
 ▀▄    ▄▀▀
Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█
█  █    █    █  █  █ █
Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █
█     ▀▄▀     █   ▀▀  █
Blackjack
▄▄▀█████▀▄▄
▄▀▀   █████ ▄▄▀▀▄
███▄  ▄█████▄▀▀▄███
██████▀▀     ▀▀██████
█ ▀▀██▀ ▀▄   ▄▀ ▀██▀▀ █
█    █    ███    █    █
█ ▄▄██▄ ▄▀   ▀▄ ▄██▄▄ █
██████▄▄     ▄▄██████
Roulette
█▀▀▀▄             ▄▀▀▀█
█ ▀▄ ▀▄         ▄▀ ▄▀ █
▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄     ▄▀ ▄▀ ▄▀
▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄  ▀ ▄▀ ▄▀
▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄ ▀ ▄▀
▄ ▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄  ▄
█ ▀▄ ▀▄ ▀  ▄▀ █
▄▀▄ ▀▄ ▀ ▄▀ ▄▀▄
Dice Duels
HarryKPeters

Activity: 896

Live Stars - Adult Streaming Platform

View Profile
July 06, 2016, 12:47:44 PM

I don't know but I just like the price now, I would really buy more Ethereum with the current price as I believe it is not normal and the normal price would surely be higher than the current price.

You should be careful. The soft fork with ETH is not good, it means the coin is centralized and we have to abide by the creators law. The same with banks, but they at least got policies.
ETH not, investors know this, which is why thy are slowly dumping ETH.

Fruchocs

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 06, 2016, 12:48:41 PM

DAO will recover along with ETH. Buy when its at rock bottom, buy up, then sit and wait. $$$$$$$$
Bitcoin was once in bad shape for the first couple of years, Up and Down Side to Side. Ether is smart and so is DAO. They just need more time. However..... ETH and DAO are not day trading currencies.  You will become very wealth if you buy into ETH/DAO now and park it for 5 years!
GreenBits
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1048

View Profile
July 06, 2016, 12:52:10 PM

DAO will recover along with ETH. Buy when its at rock bottom, buy up, then sit and wait. $$$$$$$$
Bitcoin was once in bad shape for the first couple of years, Up and Down Side to Side. Ether is smart and so is DAO. They just need more time. However..... ETH and DAO are not day trading currencies.  You will become very wealth if you buy into ETH/DAO now and park it for 5 years!

I just don't think the DAO will actually recover. Why would anyone trust something, that was so catastrophically broken that it costs millions of dollars? As you have said, eth over long term, but otherwise, these assets aren't going anywhere too soon.
Fruchocs

Activity: 34

View Profile
July 06, 2016, 12:55:22 PM
Last edit: July 06, 2016, 01:09:18 PM by Fruchocs

Bitcoin was once in bad shape for the first couple of years, Up and Down Side to Side. Ether is smart and so is DAO. They just need more time. However..... ETH and DAO are not day trading currencies.  You will become very wealth if you buy into ETH/DAO now and park it for 5 years!

I just don't think the DAO will actually recover. Why would anyone trust something, that was so catastrophically broken that it costs millions of dollars? As you have said, eth over long term, but otherwise, these assets aren't going anywhere too soon.

I agree. If you are after a profit sooner rather than later. DONT buy into eth or dao. But if you can afford a couple of hundred dollars to throw into a eth/dao wallet and forget about it for a while..... DO IT.
asdalani

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
July 06, 2016, 05:12:38 PM

Bitcoin was once in bad shape for the first couple of years, Up and Down Side to Side. Ether is smart and so is DAO. They just need more time. However..... ETH and DAO are not day trading currencies.  You will become very wealth if you buy into ETH/DAO now and park it for 5 years!

I agree. If you are after a profit sooner rather than later. DONT buy into eth or dao. But if you can afford a couple of hundred dollars to throw into a eth/dao wallet and forget about it for a while..... DO IT.

The DAO/Ethereum is very risky business. It is for speculation only at the moment. If you have extra money, buy some.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
GreenBits
Legendary

View Profile
July 06, 2016, 05:48:35 PM

The DAO/Ethereum is very risky business. It is for speculation only at the moment. If you have extra money, buy some.

But not yet. Id wait til right before the fork, or right after it. The price is entirely too unstable at the moment, as previously said.
RastoMan

Activity: 294

View Profile
July 07, 2016, 07:07:30 AM

But not yet. Id wait til right before the fork, or right after it. The price is entirely too unstable at the moment, as previously said.

I might enter the market a few weeks after the hard fork. Things might settle down during that period.
Picturs

Activity: 42

View Profile
July 07, 2016, 09:49:46 AM

I might enter the market a few weeks after the hard fork. Things might settle down during that period.

The price is low due to the bitcoin shills. But the bitcoin price is also dropping at the moment. They are destroying both.
GreenBits
Legendary

View Profile
July 07, 2016, 01:35:34 PM

The price is low due to the bitcoin shills. But the bitcoin price is also dropping at the moment. They are destroying both.

Observe the current price of ETH. No one is shilling at you, because many of us have been saying the same shit for months at this point. These are observations on reality. Eth price and btc price aren't directly correlated. 

Typically, people don't shill bitcoin on a bitcoin board. Remember, eth is the alt here Smiley
Minecache
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1024

Vave.com - Crypto Casino

View Profile
July 07, 2016, 02:41:06 PM

Observe the current price of ETH. No one is shilling at you, because many of us have been saying the same shit for months at this point. These are observations on reality. Eth price and btc price aren't directly correlated. 

Typically, people don't shill bitcoin on a bitcoin board. Remember, eth is the alt here Smiley
People shill BTC everywhere FFS. Look at r0ach and all the Spoetniktard gang. Anyway how many times has BTC been declared dead. ETH development is just following the same pattern with one critical exception ETH has a fantastic community spirit.

Pages: « 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 [76] 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 »
  Print  

Jump to: