Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 02:52:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 [75] 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ETH price soaring. Are you going to move some BTC into ETH?  (Read 198763 times)
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
June 29, 2016, 07:35:45 PM

I think it is important for the Crypto space to have a healthy Ethereum but I have to say, things are not at all looking good.

Imho crypto space doesn't care. Money will flow into the next new kid as always.

It's sad & pathetic we have to state the obvious endlessly like that.
Ethereum ? puuuuhlease no one gives 2 shits about it.
..they will simply dive on the next hyped up manipulated scammy ass ICO scheme coin.

Spare me the community bullshit i heard it long & hard with Doge
and they ran the very minute i posted on here the price was tanking.
I called it and predicted it far in advance and yelled, i told you so.. again.

Later the dev said he quit because of a lack of community support.
So even the god damn Doge Dev backs up what i said !

How in the hell is Ethereum any different ?
Well for one thing it's not a currency and it's been hacked / attacked.
And when that happens.. GAME OVER.

I love the optimism from bag holders they are cute & precocious little skamps  Cheesy
hey there little guy.. aren't you soooo cute & adorable
..buy moar cheap coinz nom nom nom

Just plan ahead to crowd-fund a surgery for when your ass gets REKT !

FUD first & ask questions later™

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitUsher
Legendary

Activity: 994
Merit: 1034

View Profile
June 29, 2016, 07:52:02 PM

The reason many of these ICO's coins fail is the exact same reason that the grow in the first place. The investors are motivated by greed to turn a profit and have no qualms about taking a profit and moving onto the next coin to repeat the game of hot potato based upon the greater fool theory.

Eth has always been a hot mess and is only becoming more of a joke with each passing day.
Tacalt

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 29, 2016, 08:02:16 PM

The reason many of these ICO's coins fail is the exact same reason that the grow in the first place. The investors are motivated by greed to turn a profit and have no qualms about taking a profit and moving onto the next coin to repeat the game of hot potato based upon the greater fool theory.

Eth has always been a hot mess and is only becoming more of a joke with each passing day.

The Eth is a mess recently. But it will be developed actively and it has enough funding to do the development. So it could survive.
marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2348

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
June 30, 2016, 04:18:50 AM

Ethereum Civil War is not going to be pretty, the more petty the politics the nastier they get and these kids will be fighting over some seriously small chump change when it's all over .... don't want to say "I told ya so" but the writing was on the wall as soon as The DAO got the moon pump and Gavin Wood was seen sneaking out the back exit ... looking for a baby-sitter who accepts slocked ether to walk his dog maybe?

asdalani

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
June 30, 2016, 09:52:56 AM

Ethereum Civil War is not going to be pretty, the more petty the politics the nastier they get and these kids will be fighting over some seriously small chump change when it's all over .... don't want to say "I told ya so" but the writing was on the wall as soon as The DAO got the moon pump and Gavin Wood was seen sneaking out the back exit ... looking for a baby-sitter who accepts slocked ether to walk his dog maybe?

The civil is good for the future of the Ethereum. It will get much better and have more community support.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Azael

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 30, 2016, 12:29:01 PM

I own Ethereum and Factom. I think that Factom is to data what Ethereum is to smart contracts and the two projects will work together as Factom will be anchoring into Ethereum.

I think what happened with the Dao is a blessing in disguise as now more emphasis will be put on the research of smart contracts first instead of how you can milk them for cash.

Ethereum will survive people.. many coins have gone through hard times Bitcoin included and the ones who cry the loudest about a hardfork are people who are losing grip of reality. Just take a step back and think what the average person would say about the ordeal. 1. Thief steals money from investors 2. Investors can get it back. What do you think they say?

And people can talk about code this and code that but really the tech is experimental and nobody is ready for decentralization yet they will be when there is no other option.. whether that is a good or bad thing I don't know. But there comes a time when hardforking ETH will be impossible but that time is not in the early stages.

By impossible I mean that miners won't run it.

twitter.com/erikledgers
airtoken

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 30, 2016, 10:41:09 PM

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ClKYHTEWYAA1FtU.jpg:large

Is code law or buggy software that can arbitrarily be overturned through a social consensus of those with the most stake?

51% social majority (aka all the sockpuppets), not 'consensus'
mandica

Activity: 693
Merit: 508

View Profile
July 01, 2016, 09:37:35 AM

Is code law or buggy software that can arbitrarily be overturned through a social consensus of those with the most stake?

51% social majority (aka all the sockpuppets), not 'consensus'

It does not matter if there is consensus or not, 51% attack is in every part of our lives. The 52% of votes determined the Brexit.
LoyceV
Legendary

Activity: 3290
Merit: 16577

Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2016, 03:01:15 PM

The mining-halt argument is based on the fact that it takes 2016 blocks (about 2 weeks normally) for difficulty to change. If income were to drop sufficiently, then miners would drop out, which would slow block times, which would lead to lower income, more miners dropping out, lower incomes still, etc, in a vicious cycle that would drop hashrate to zero before the network had chance to retarget.
Still, that would require all miners to stop at the same time. It would be very interesting to see what happens if 90% of the miners stop. That means 2 weeks turn into 20 weeks, and after 20 weeks the difficulty drops 90%. That means all miners join again, and suddenly we have one block a minute for a day, until difficulty goes up again.
Satoshi just thought about everything when it comes to mining.

It's more interesting to see the effect if a part of bitcoin-miners move to an altcoin. That coin will experience a huge increase in mining capacity all of a sudden.

ETHs price going to the ground now Smiley
too many fuckups in code it seems
$12 for 1 Eth is not even near "the ground". In my opinion it's still much higher than a coin with this much problems is worth.

mtnsaa
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 02, 2016, 04:20:43 PM

I think it is important for the Crypto space to have a healthy Ethereum but I have to say, things are not at all looking good.

Imho crypto space doesn't care. Money will flow into the next new kid as always.

I know it's not a new kid per se but what do you think about Factom/FCT? I think it can make some very nice gains in the next upcoming weeks/months after the halvening and with so much ETH fud ahead of us. It's a very simple project with high demand from all industries, very much undervalued if you take into account ETH is still at $12!...
yefi
Legendary

Activity: 2842
Merit: 1511

View Profile
July 02, 2016, 06:00:08 PM

I know it's not a new kid per se but what do you think about Factom/FCT? I think it can make some very nice gains in the next upcoming weeks/months after the halvening and with so much ETH fud ahead of us. It's a very simple project with high demand from all industries, very much undervalued if you take into account ETH is still at $12!...

My alt strategy is more about buying panic and selling the relief than about trying to determine which coin will be the next hot ticket, so maybe I'm not the best person to ask. Presently I don't have a 'hook' on FCT, so I'm not going to trade it.
Westant

Activity: 355
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 02, 2016, 08:37:36 PM

My alt strategy is more about buying panic and selling the relief than about trying to determine which coin will be the next hot ticket, so maybe I'm not the best person to ask. Presently I don't have a 'hook' on FCT, so I'm not going to trade it.

Your strategy only works if the Ethereum survives the current crisis, the price will rebound. If not, the price will go lower.
mtnsaa
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 02, 2016, 09:22:25 PM

That's wise yes. To be honest, ETH for me it's completely dead and you know how much I "hyped" it. However, I for one couldn't foresee all this DAO situation and how it just keeps getting worse. So in crypto you really never know. I guess you don't have faith in any altcoin but really, ETH was destined to be around $30 by this time (all based on potential and "hype" we agree).

Right now for me the project is completely dead in the water no matter what they do or it will take many months to recover slowly. What I don't understand is why are we still at $12.

Are you planning to buy back in if it starts dropping to $4-5? What's your bottom? Do you think ETH can recover? I'm sorry to ask so many questions but you seem to have a much more surgically approach (I know you are mostly a trader) and I'm more inclined to long term investment and long positions (within reasonable).
yefi
Legendary

Activity: 2842
Merit: 1511

View Profile
July 03, 2016, 01:01:45 AM

That's wise yes. To be honest, ETH for me it's completely dead and you know how much I "hyped" it. However, I for one couldn't foresee all this DAO situation and how it just keeps getting worse. So in crypto you really never know. I guess you don't have faith in any altcoin but really, ETH was destined to be around $30 by this time (all based on potential and "hype" we agree).

Right now for me the project is completely dead in the water no matter what they do or it will take many months to recover slowly. What I don't understand is why are we still at $12.

Are you planning to buy back in if it starts dropping to $4-5? What's your bottom? Do you think ETH can recover? I'm sorry to ask so many questions but you seem to have a much more surgically approach (I know you are mostly a trader) and I'm more inclined to long term investment and long positions (within reasonable).

My thoughts are that, besides manipulation, price is being maintained at $12 by ETH holders in denial. They won't admit that it's over or that they made a mistake, so they refuse to sell, and may even buy more. Problem is, they cannot account for new issuance - which isn't being bid outside of their sphere - so price slowly grinds down in BTC terms on low volume. As price sinks, their doubts will grow, and one by one they will pop, which will continue and accelerate the selling into a crescendo.

Provisionally, I would be looking for price to fill the gap at 0.0124 or continue down to psychological support at 0.01 for a possible entry. I would want to see big, high volume sell-offs to validate my moves, I'd then be looking to sell a rebound possibly to 0.015.

Long-term, it's probably best to wait until it's going sideways on lower volatility to decide if you want to get back in or not, rather than trying to guess the bottom. I do think there could be another bubble out in the future though.

Your strategy only works if the Ethereum survives the current crisis, the price will rebound. If not, the price will go lower.

Even if ETH is headed to zero, there will be rebounds based on the behaviour of its holders. I'd say I get it right about 8 times out of 10, which is enough. For the times I get it wrong, I cut my losses. I also think you're looking at different time scales to me - my best trades are the ones completed in a single day - NEM for example, has been fun Wink

*nota bene: I'm not a professional trader, nor am I tutor, nor do I wish to be.
BitUsher
Legendary

Activity: 994
Merit: 1034

View Profile
July 03, 2016, 03:03:39 AM

First Ether Pool closing down due to the upcoming fork-

BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1115

View Profile
July 03, 2016, 03:44:54 AM

Forgive my petulance and oft-times, I fear, ill-founded criticisms, and forgive me that I have, by this time, made your eyes and head ache with my long letter. But I cannot forgo hastily the pleasure and pride of thus conversing with you.
RastoMan

View Profile
July 04, 2016, 12:49:23 PM

If the price drops to $4, there will be many unhappy miners. They will regret that he invested to mine.
Washika

Activity: 332

View Profile
July 04, 2016, 05:27:17 PM

If the price drops to $4, there will be many unhappy miners. They will regret that he invested to mine.

Maybe there will be another PoW coin to mine. Or the miners will try their best to rehabilitate Ethereum.
Juhagic

Activity: 357

View Profile
July 04, 2016, 07:31:54 PM

Maybe there will be another PoW coin to mine. Or the miners will try their best to rehabilitate Ethereum.

For any other new PoW coins, the hashing from the Ethereum will make that coin unprofitable to mine quickly.
RastoMan

View Profile
July 05, 2016, 12:34:40 PM

For any other new PoW coins, the hashing from the Ethereum will make that coin unprofitable to mine quickly.

If the Ethereum fails, there will be other coins to be able to mined with all the 4000 GH/s of the number of graphics cards.
Pages: « 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 [75] 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 »
  Print  

Jump to: