Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 11:34:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 [87] 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ETH price soaring. Are you going to move some BTC into ETH?  (Read 198763 times)
mtnsaa
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 06, 2016, 05:16:46 PM

@mtnsaa. We will see. For me that strong support is the last for now. If that breaks I speculate that ETH will fall below 150k satoshis or lower. Maybe this is the first of the altcoin bear market starting again? I am seeing Dash is also falling down now.

I think you can't compare ETH to Dash really. 99% of altcoins are based on hype and potential and I'm sure we'll have plenty of rumors and progress updates on devcon 2 as I detailed plus the exposure to the chinese market. That's what I'm betting on, however the entry point is not clear to me (if only it was that easy!). I don't want to get greedy expecting prices below 150k...I don't think that's very probable in the short term unless there are some very bad news coming (alas EF being investigated by the FBI/SEC or any other dirty details about the hack).

For that scenario I do have some very low buys set close to 0.01 and well below, but I'm not convinced this would be a possibility. To me the DAO and the hard fork were devastating scenarios for ETH and look what happened. I was expecting prices to be around $1-4 bucks at some point...they never came and now the price has basically doubled to where it was before the DAO ICO started.

This means Ethereum, their supporters, devs and overall interest on its tech from investors and traders won't go away any time soon.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CurtisGreen

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 06, 2016, 05:32:49 PM

i wonder how much ETC is hurting ETH? I thought after the hard fork  that everyone would switch, I was totally surprised on what happened afterwards. It almost makes me wonder which one to keep. But, I think ETH will stay on top, but it would help if ETC would go away, but probably won't happen soon.
bbc.reporter
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1440

View Profile
September 07, 2016, 07:29:29 AM

@mtnsaa. We will see. For me that strong support is the last for now. If that breaks I speculate that ETH will fall below 150k satoshis or lower. Maybe this is the first of the altcoin bear market starting again? I am seeing Dash is also falling down now.

I think you can't compare ETH to Dash really. 99% of altcoins are based on hype and potential and I'm sure we'll have plenty of rumors and progress updates on devcon 2 as I detailed plus the exposure to the chinese market. That's what I'm betting on, however the entry point is not clear to me (if only it was that easy!). I don't want to get greedy expecting prices below 150k...I don't think that's very probable in the short term unless there are some very bad news coming (alas EF being investigated by the FBI/SEC or any other dirty details about the hack).

For that scenario I do have some very low buys set close to 0.01 and well below, but I'm not convinced this would be a possibility. To me the DAO and the hard fork were devastating scenarios for ETH and look what happened. I was expecting prices to be around $1-4 bucks at some point...they never came and now the price has basically doubled to where it was before the DAO ICO started.

This means Ethereum, their supporters, devs and overall interest on its tech from investors and traders won't go away any time soon.

But is it not that ETH is also based on hype and promises at this point right now? There is no real world use case for Ethereum right now and all the value it is getting in its market cap is all from speculative investment. Not one company is using it to offer products and services that we could truly believe that matter to the ordinary person.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
mtnsaa
Legendary

View Profile
September 07, 2016, 05:43:46 PM

But is it not that ETH is also based on hype and promises at this point right now? There is no real world use case for Ethereum right now and all the value it is getting in its market cap is all from speculative investment. Not one company is using it to offer products and services that we could truly believe that matter to the ordinary person.

Exactly, to me Dash and many other cryptos are based on absolutely nothing, no real world usage (sorry if anyone gets offended). Similar to ETH in that sense yes, but trading and investment is all about psychology. I know Monero won't be used by anyone, the pump was based on hype, people really think dark markets (which they know nothing about) were gonna use it for everything and BTC was dead. I don't know if that will be the case, but currently I know there's no real usage either. You can see it dropping like a brick now people realize it.

Similar to ETH, in the next weeks investors and traders will get exposed to all these great projects coming, china exposure and upgrades (Raiden, Casper, etc). A new bubble will most likely start.

It's all hype (even BTC), you have to discern which hype is gonna move the masses and the money.
Fasdata

Activity: 24

View Profile
September 11, 2016, 08:06:58 AM

Exactly, to me Dash and many other cryptos are based on absolutely nothing, no real world usage (sorry if anyone gets offended). Similar to ETH in that sense yes, but trading and investment is all about psychology. I know Monero won't be used by anyone, the pump was based on hype, people really think dark markets (which they know nothing about) were gonna use it for everything and BTC was dead. I don't know if that will be the case, but currently I know there's no real usage either. You can see it dropping like a brick now people realize it.

Similar to ETH, in the next weeks investors and traders will get exposed to all these great projects coming, china exposure and upgrades (Raiden, Casper, etc). A new bubble will most likely start.

It's all hype (even BTC), you have to discern which hype is gonna move the masses and the money.

I think the DEVcon2 wil make a big difference to the ETH. I am not sure about the ETC.
https://twitter.com/ethereumproject/status/774169203246964737
mtnsaa
Legendary

View Profile
September 12, 2016, 02:20:51 AM

From the time I wrote my last posts ETH pumped a little bit, it even touched $12 and now sits a little below it. To me it looks like a clear accumulation phase, if ETH didn't break after the DAO and ETC it won't go lower than this with Devcon 2 news and development progress coming out.

I've bought some at the dips at 178 and low 180 so I think I'm good, I'm not going all in of course but if I see the price did below those levels I'll definitely buy some more.
Pesmand

Activity: 19
Merit: 4

View Profile
September 12, 2016, 07:07:45 AM

From the time I wrote my last posts ETH pumped a little bit, it even touched $12 and now sits a little below it. To me it looks like a clear accumulation phase, if ETH didn't break after the DAO and ETC it won't go lower than this with Devcon 2 news and development progress coming out.

I've bought some at the dips at 178 and low 180 so I think I'm good, I'm not going all in of course but if I see the price did below those levels I'll definitely buy some more.

The volume is quite low in the exchanges at the moment. So if it is the accumulation phase, it will take some time.
mtnsaa
Legendary

View Profile
September 12, 2016, 05:13:24 PM

The volume is quite low in the exchanges at the moment. So if it is the accumulation phase, it will take some time.

Well it's second in volume on Poloniex alone, not sure what's the volume on Gemini, Coinbase, etc, remember you can get ETH with fiat. I agree the volume on Polo is not really impressive so far but it's picking up. I don't think devcon2 is priced in, any news will make it pass 200k in my opinion but I could be wrong.

I still think ETH reached its bottom for the year and it's 10-11 dollars. Fanboys are stubborn, they won't sell below that or 150k. Even after ETC and DAO debacles.
asevastos

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 13, 2016, 12:13:29 PM

To me it looks like a clear accumulation phase
It's more like a "let's buy as much as we can without alerting the market" phase.
The positive news have been piling up for a while now
and the sold out devcon2 is closing in.
The trend won't stay under the radar for much longer...

Pursuer
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163

Where is my ring of blades...

View Profile
September 13, 2016, 01:15:44 PM

It's more like a "let's buy as much as we can without alerting the market" phase.

I have been hearing about this for as long as I can remember and nothing ever happens when I hear it except in the histories.

I hope it finally start moving up so we can join in the pump and dump and make some profit from the pump which I doubt can happen as big as any time before because ethereum is not like before anymore.

Only Bitcoin
Quickfant

Activity: 128
Merit: 27

View Profile
September 14, 2016, 04:56:53 PM

I have been hearing about this for as long as I can remember and nothing ever happens when I hear it except in the histories.

I hope it finally start moving up so we can join in the pump and dump and make some profit from the pump which I doubt can happen as big as any time before because ethereum is not like before anymore.

The price of Etheruem might move up a lot during the Etheruem converence in China. But it is not for sure.
mtnsaa
Legendary

View Profile
September 14, 2016, 05:38:26 PM

Everything has a risk, ETH was above $20 and sailing when the DAO hack happened so we don't know for sure. But the price will definitely be above 0.02 very soon if nothing odd happens, that's my opinion. Bitcoin was also dormant most of the year until the halvening was very close and it pumped for that reason alone (I thought it wasn't even gonna pump for a moment).

I bought in at 0.017-18 so I'm safe for now, already made some profit, I don't really expect the price to be below $11 or 0.018 anytime soon, ETH survived the DAO and ETC disasters and now it will be exposed to many newcomers.

Remember, the crowd in crypto renews just like in every other market. Many people hasn't even heard about Bitcoin yet or dismissed for years, now they are taking it more seriously considering all the economic turmoil.

Others were too young to invest or even get into crypto, now they are older and looking for options.
Blerand

Activity: 31

View Profile
September 15, 2016, 04:41:13 PM

Everything has a risk, ETH was above $20 and sailing when the DAO hack happened so we don't know for sure. But the price will definitely be above 0.02 very soon if nothing odd happens, that's my opinion. Bitcoin was also dormant most of the year until the halvening was very close and it pumped for that reason alone (I thought it wasn't even gonna pump for a moment).

I bought in at 0.017-18 so I'm safe for now, already made some profit, I don't really expect the price to be below $11 or 0.018 anytime soon, ETH survived the DAO and ETC disasters and now it will be exposed to many newcomers.

Remember, the crowd in crypto renews just like in every other market. Many people hasn't even heard about Bitcoin yet or dismissed for years, now they are taking it more seriously considering all the economic turmoil.

Others were too young to invest or even get into crypto, now they are older and looking for options.

If you bought at around 0.017, that is a very safe price. I think the price of Etheruem will be at least 0.02 in the next few weeks.
Eugenar

Activity: 1274
Merit: 278

View Profile
September 16, 2016, 07:43:48 AM

I think the price of the 0.017 is a very good entry point. I have set a limit buy order around that range.
mtnsaa
Legendary

View Profile
September 16, 2016, 05:34:05 PM

Told you so  Grin  Cool
1btcdream

Activity: 393
Merit: 297

View Profile
September 17, 2016, 05:32:01 AM

Told you so  Grin  Cool

What do you think would be a good selling point after this upward movement?  Grin
mtnsaa
Legendary

View Profile
September 17, 2016, 06:21:31 AM

Told you so  Grin  Cool

What do you think would be a good selling point after this upward movement?  Grin

I think it can go as high as $20-30 or BTC equivalent, the devcon 2 hype will be huge, VB pitching Casper and white paper on scaling, okcoin exchange, raiden network and many more stuff.

If you are not that optimistic then to me $15 is a given and if you want to take profits there I won't blame you  Wink
Picturs

Activity: 42

View Profile
September 17, 2016, 09:21:36 AM

Told you so  Grin  Cool

I think it can go as high as $20-30 or BTC equivalent, the devcon 2 hype will be huge, VB pitching Casper and white paper on scaling, okcoin exchange, raiden network and many more stuff.

If you are not that optimistic then to me $15 is a given and if you want to take profits there I won't blame you  Wink

I think so. It is a good time to accumulate some Ethereum at the current price. There could be a big pump soon.
Positid

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

BULL RUN until 2030

View Profile
September 17, 2016, 09:26:28 AM

Told you so  Grin  Cool

I think so. It is a good time to accumulate some Ethereum at the current price. There could be a big pump soon.
The big pump has already happen,I think it is wise to wait for the price to fall back again before we buy ETH, I was not able to buy ETH because I fall for the trap of XMR expecting it can surpass ETH, I was wrong and now I will be back to eth.

.Duelbits.
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
▄▀▄
█   █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█▀▀▀▀▀█
▀█▀█▀
█▄█
█▄█
▄▀▄
█   █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█▀▀▀▀▀█
▀█▀█▀
█▄█
█▄█
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀
 ▀▄    ▄▀▀
Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█
█  █    █    █  █  █ █
Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █
█     ▀▄▀     █   ▀▀  █
Blackjack
▄▄▀█████▀▄▄
▄▀▀   █████ ▄▄▀▀▄
███▄  ▄█████▄▀▀▄███
██████▀▀     ▀▀██████
█ ▀▀██▀ ▀▄   ▄▀ ▀██▀▀ █
█    █    ███    █    █
█ ▄▄██▄ ▄▀   ▀▄ ▄██▄▄ █
██████▄▄     ▄▄██████
Roulette
█▀▀▀▄             ▄▀▀▀█
█ ▀▄ ▀▄         ▄▀ ▄▀ █
▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄     ▄▀ ▄▀ ▄▀
▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄  ▀ ▄▀ ▄▀
▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄ ▀ ▄▀
▄ ▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄  ▄
█ ▀▄ ▀▄ ▀  ▄▀ █
▄▀▄ ▀▄ ▀ ▄▀ ▄▀▄
Dice Duels
Distinctin

Activity: 2786
Merit: 646

No dream is too big and no dreamer is too small

View Profile
September 17, 2016, 06:15:19 PM

Told you so  Grin  Cool

The big pump has already happen,I think it is wise to wait for the price to fall back again before we buy ETH, I was not able to buy ETH because I fall for the trap of XMR expecting it can surpass ETH, I was wrong and now I will be back to eth.

I agree with that. Maybe we shall wait until the price drop to about 0.02 to buy again. The price might go to 0.03.

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Pages: « 1 ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 [87] 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 »
  Print  

Jump to: