Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 04:42:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 [77] 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ETH price soaring. Are you going to move some BTC into ETH?  (Read 198763 times)
Hafitdart

Activity: 342
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 08, 2016, 08:40:22 AM

People shill BTC everywhere FFS. Look at r0ach and all the Spoetniktard gang. Anyway how many times has BTC been declared dead. ETH development is just following the same pattern with one critical exception ETH has a fantastic community spirit.

Those Ethereum trolls do not control the mining power to destroy the Ethereum. So it is very fortunate.

△ M!R△CLE TELE   ▌  BRINGING MAGIC TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY  ▐   JOIN US NOW!
▐▐   40% Biweekly Rewards     ▬▬▬   Calls at €0.2   ▬▬▬     Traffic from €0.01 worldwide   ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  Lightpaper  Bounty  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram   ▬▬▬▬▬▬
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Fruchocs

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 08, 2016, 10:42:17 AM
Last edit: July 08, 2016, 11:01:03 AM by Fruchocs

Ether is Bitcoin 2.0 and like Bitcoin, it will have many ups and downs within the first few years. DAO needs some work but has many benifits that other cryptocurrencies can't provide. Buying into ETH/DAO now..... or when it hits another low and begins to improve, will be like buying into Bitcoin in 2009. In a few years you will be a millionaire. Don't miss the train cos it sure as hell won't wait for you!
But..... only spend what you can afford and don't day train this currency. This is a buyin....sit....wait currency. Just like the shares market, dont bailout just cos it drops....ride it out and reap the rewards.
ALSO
A soft fork or a hard folk wont matter in the long run. Sure it will greatly effect the price in the short term, this is a business. Businesses make mistakes! They all do! But they learn from them and endeavor to make the business stronger buy learning from their errors. Ether is too big to fail because its premise hold endless opportunities and benifits. Understand the business and you will understand the product! Understand the product and you too will invest with knowledge, not forum gossip.
marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2348

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
July 08, 2016, 11:15:03 AM

^^ sounds like a forum gossip hawking something ...

GreenBits
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1048

View Profile
July 08, 2016, 12:46:30 PM

People shill BTC everywhere FFS. Look at r0ach and all the Spoetniktard gang. Anyway how many times has BTC been declared dead. ETH development is just following the same pattern with one critical exception ETH has a fantastic community spirit.

Those Ethereum trolls do not control the mining power to destroy the Ethereum. So it is very fortunate.

Roach and Spoet definitely aren't shilling btc. If anything, they might be hyper critical of some of the alts and offerings, but shill they are not, at least currently. Can't speak to historical posts. The huge difference between this and btc is that this happened very early in the coins life, and that this is a caveat of poor programming, not of theft/mismanagement/fraud, which are people with bitcoin issues, not bitcoin issues. I don't think eth is a bad idea. I think it's a risky investment at the moment that the majority of us shouldn't ass with for lack of investor experience.
GreenBits
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1048

View Profile
July 08, 2016, 12:51:37 PM

Ether is too big to fail because its premise hold endless opportunities and benifits. Understand the business and you will understand the product! Understand the product and you too will invest with knowledge, not forum gossip.

Nothing is too big to fail. Observe the past American housing market, or banking industry. I'm pretty sure those guys percieved themselves as 'too big to fail', right up to the Congressional hearing.  And we are talking about serious market capitalizations.
Tacalt

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 09, 2016, 06:35:38 AM

Ether is too big to fail because its premise hold endless opportunities and benifits. Understand the business and you will understand the product! Understand the product and you too will invest with knowledge, not forum gossip.

Nothing is too big to fail. Observe the past American housing market, or banking industry. I'm pretty sure those guys percieved themselves as 'too big to fail', right up to the Congressional hearing.  And we are talking about serious market capitalizations.

As long as the Ethereum is supported by the community including the miners, and it is developed successfully, it will not fail.
RastoMan

View Profile
July 09, 2016, 01:02:48 PM

As long as the Ethereum is supported by the community including the miners, and it is developed successfully, it will not fail.

At least for  now, it has support of the community and the miners, the price did not drop to $5 as predicted.
Zer0Sum
Legendary

Activity: 1588
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 09, 2016, 04:57:25 PM

"To big to fail" does not refer to market cap or $$$ size...
It refers to disastrous secondary effects due to the interconnectedness of institutions... so context is everything.

The $$$ size of major US banks circa 2008 was not the issue...
But their failure would have created a disastrous cascade... and liquidity crunch... and brought the US economy to a halt.

The DAO was "to big to fail" only in the context of Ethereum.
Ethereum itself, in real world terms, is of zero consequence... it's just another obscure tech startup. 

Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 4884

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
July 09, 2016, 05:42:49 PM

It refers to disastrous secondary effects due to the interconnectedness of institutions... so context is everything.

But their failure would have created a disastrous cascade... and liquidity crunch... and brought the US economy to a halt.

Ethereum itself, in real world terms, is of zero consequence... it's just another obscure tech startup. 

QFT

Well that there is the point you are missing, it IS NOT being developed successfully now is it.

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
dumada

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 09, 2016, 07:00:25 PM

QFT

Well that there is the point you are missing, it IS NOT being developed successfully now is it.

It is not developed successfully, that is simiilar to other coins in early stages.  I hope it will learn a lesson.
Hueristic
Legendary

View Profile
July 09, 2016, 07:44:37 PM

It is not developed successfully, that is simiilar to other coins in early stages.  I hope it will learn a lesson.

The HF is proof they have not learned from all those before them. Please tell me the definition of crazy.

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
yefi
Legendary

Activity: 2842
Merit: 1511

View Profile
July 09, 2016, 10:11:08 PM

The HF is proof they have not learned from all those before them. Please tell me the definition of crazy.

They treat it as though it were a baby coin with a cap of a few million, when this thing was over 1.5 billion. Here's a tip - if you want to learn from your mistakes, don't bill yourself as a pro, because those mistakes will prove expensive.
Blerand

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 10, 2016, 10:51:24 AM

That is right. I did not learn from the other coin. I decide that event is a theft and will mine the hard fork.
Hueristic
Legendary

View Profile
July 10, 2016, 04:06:41 PM

That is right. I did not learn from the other coin. I decide that event is a theft and will mine the hard fork.

As usual, short sighted greed wins in the end. Have fun finding another coin for mining after you guys destroy this one. Are you miners really that stupid?

Qinetik

Activity: 65

View Profile
July 10, 2016, 07:59:03 PM

As usual, short sighted greed wins in the end. Have fun finding another coin for mining after you guys destroy this one. Are you miners really that stupid?

I will keep on securing the Ethereum network if it survives this crisis. We should give it time to recover.

██████████  ✔  PoSToken - First PoS Smart Contract Token - Get Your Free Tokens Now!
█     PoSToken    █  ✔  Free Airdrop ●  No-ICO  ●  100% Annual Interest First Year
██████████  ✔  ANN ●  WebSite  ●  Twitter  ●  Slack  ●  Whitepaper
BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1115

View Profile
July 10, 2016, 08:17:20 PM
Last edit: July 10, 2016, 08:34:50 PM by BlindMayorBitcorn

It is not developed successfully, that is simiilar to other coins in early stages.  I hope it will learn a lesson.

I will keep on securing the Ethereum network if it survives this crisis. We should give it time to recover.

Why? Hasn't its only value proposition as a decentralized smart contract platform become the butt of jokes? Didn't that happen?

VV That post sure took a turn for the worse. VV

Forgive my petulance and oft-times, I fear, ill-founded criticisms, and forgive me that I have, by this time, made your eyes and head ache with my long letter. But I cannot forgo hastily the pleasure and pride of thus conversing with you.
lucsky

Activity: 74

View Profile
July 10, 2016, 08:33:11 PM

Maybe moving some % of BTC into ETH is a good diversification strategy, while it's cheap?

No Way! I do not dare to invest in a currency that is doomed to failure.
And for those who advocate "DAO is one thing, ETH is quite another," well, if they were so different, is not being discussed a fork.

Currently, the best investment that can be made are innovative and promising currencies like the Decred, Vcash, etc.
RastoMan

View Profile
July 11, 2016, 08:04:24 AM

Maybe moving some % of BTC into ETH is a good diversification strategy, while it's cheap?

No Way! I do not dare to invest in a currency that is doomed to failure.
And for those who advocate "DAO is one thing, ETH is quite another," well, if they were so different, is not being discussed a fork.

Currently, the best investment that can be made are innovative and promising currencies like the Decred, Vcash, etc.

I do not think Ethereum is doomed to fail. But we will see the outcome of the aftermath of DAO hack in a few months.
BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1115

View Profile
July 11, 2016, 11:31:41 PM
Last edit: July 12, 2016, 12:46:49 AM by BlindMayorBitcorn

This guy gets it: Contracts on an immutable blockchain can be made mutable by including escape clauses in case human arbitration is needed. In contrast, contracts on a mutable blockchain cannot be made immutable.

These people want to throw away the unique use case Ethereum was designed for only to get something it can already do. What it can't already do is protect investors from making bad choices, but trying to do that is a fool's errand.

Forgive my petulance and oft-times, I fear, ill-founded criticisms, and forgive me that I have, by this time, made your eyes and head ache with my long letter. But I cannot forgo hastily the pleasure and pride of thus conversing with you.
BitUsher
Legendary

Activity: 994
Merit: 1034

View Profile
July 12, 2016, 12:40:55 AM

lawsuits can be directed at vitalik, how does one sue the ceo of bitcoin?

Developer Claims Ethereum is Stolen Intellectual Property, Files Complaints with FBI

http://cointelegraph.com/news/developer-claims-ethereum-is-stolen-intellectual-property-files-complaints-with-fbi
Pages: « 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 [77] 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 »
  Print  

Jump to: