May 25, 2024, 04:05:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: best coin on the market?
VERGE - 294 (40.8%)
XVG - 427 (59.2%)
Total Voters: 721

Pages: « 1 ... 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 [341] 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 ... 667 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [$XVG] VERGE [POW][MultiAlgo][TOR/i2P][no premine/ico!]  (Read 843560 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (51 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
senseless

Activity: 1118
Merit: 541

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 01:37:42 PM

Why does it take an hour or more after starting the wallet before it becomes responsive?

Why does everyone in this thread (including the creators of the coin) only care about the price of the coin? (This question is rhetorical)

Dogedarkdev (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1009

$XVG - The Standard in Crypto as a Currency!

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2017, 03:18:02 PM

Why does it take an hour or more after starting the wallet before it becomes responsive?

Why does everyone in this thread (including the creators of the coin) only care about the price of the coin? (This question is rhetorical)

i've never once discussed the price, as a matter of fact, i've said many times i refuse to speculate.

i've never seen the qt wallet take an hour or more. usually it takes about 10-15 minutes.

if you are running the windows version, it can take a long time if you start clicking the splash screen until it becomes unresponsive...

_///// [$XVG] ★★★★★WE ARE ON THE VERGE ★★★★★ [MULTI-ALGO] /////_
Dogedarkdev (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2017, 03:18:59 PM

Does anyone have any idea how to unlock an UNencrypted wallet?

Trying to mine and getting the following errors on an UNencrypted wallet.

"Unable to sign block, wallet locked?"

it sounds like it's still locked. do you have the .conf properly set for mining? you have to use algo= in the .conf

senseless

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 03:24:38 PM

it sounds like it's still locked. do you have the .conf properly set for mining? you have to use algo= in the .conf

How is it possible for an unencrypted wallet to be locked? It's not.

Yes, I'm setting the algo in the configuration file just as I did with 3 other coins I'm mining without any issues. It detects this setting just fine, getinfo() returns the correct PoW algo.

It's obviously an issue with the coin. Even trying to manually submit a block fails with the same wallet locked error. I've started hacking out large portions of the code to see if I can get the SignBlock() function in main.cpp working properly.

i've never once discussed the price, as a matter of fact, i've said many times i refuse to speculate.

i've never seen the qt wallet take an hour or more. usually it takes about 10-15 minutes.

if you are running the windows version, it can take a long time if you start clicking the splash screen until it becomes unresponsive...

I'm running it in linux on an 8 core server with 16gb of memory. It's painful to try to figure out why I can't mine because any changes I make take an hour of waiting before I can test them. And, since testnet isn't working properly either.... I can't use testnet to test the changes.

Also, I'm running 2.1.0. I've tried precompiled binaries and compiling from git source myself.

sparker327

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

Parachute for sale. Used once. Small red stain.

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 03:34:55 PM

Yes, I'm setting the algo in the configuration file just as I did with 3 other coins I'm mining without any issues. It detects this setting just fine, getinfo() returns the correct PoW algo.

It's obviously an issue with the coin. Even trying to manually submit a block fails with the same wallet locked error. I've started hacking out large portions of the code to see if I can get the SignBlock() function in main.cpp working properly.

I'm running it in linux on an 8 core server with 16gb of memory. It's painful to try to figure out why I can't mine because any changes I make take an hour of waiting before I can test them. And, since testnet isn't working properly either.... I can't use testnet to test the changes.

Also, I'm running 2.1.0. I've tried precompiled binaries and compiling from git source myself.

Some wallets work better in win others on Linux. Mine is running spectacularly on windows. Splash screen stays up for 15 mins or so before wallet loads but that’s the only annoying issue.

I’ve been doing this for years and when there is a wallet or mining issue it’s usually the persons OS, a diff software conflict, virus protection, ports not open or just missing something when they work with the wallet or mining .bat file. Especially if most other people don’t have issues with it. It helps when you post your .bat file and tell us what mining software your using and/or posting your .conf file so different sets of eyes can look at it. Just saying things don’t work without anyone seeing what your doing makes it difficult to troubleshoot.
Dogedarkdev (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2017, 03:42:49 PM

that's strange, considering that mining pools add verge almost every day, and they all run linux too. i also run a few flavors of linux and haven't had any issues. can you post some sort of debug log info?

what happens if you try to dump a private key? does it say your wallet is locked?

senseless

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 03:54:12 PM

Some wallets work better in win others on Linux. Mine is running spectacularly on windows. Splash screen stays up for 15 mins or so before wallet loads but that’s the only annoying issue.

I’ve been doing this for years and when there is a wallet or mining issue it’s usually the persons OS, a diff software conflict, virus protection, ports not open or just missing something when they work with the wallet or mining .bat file. Especially if most other people don’t have issues with it. It helps when you post your .bat file and tell us what mining software your using and/or posting your .conf file so different sets of eyes can look at it. Just saying things don’t work without anyone seeing what your doing makes it difficult to troubleshoot.

Thanks, I've been doing this since 2011 and have been a linux systems administrator professionally since 2001. It's an issue inside the code, specifically with the SignBlock function. Since the function serves no purpose other than to verify the pubkey exists in the wallet, I'm compiling now to ignore that code inside of submitblock(). I suspect this will work and I will be able to mine finally.. I just wish I had spent more time learning C. There are some things about the code I don't understand.

Dogedarkdev (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2017, 04:14:22 PM

Thanks, I've been doing this since 2011 and have been a linux systems administrator professionally since 2001. It's an issue inside the code, specifically with the SignBlock function. Since the function serves no purpose other than to verify the pubkey exists in the wallet, I'm compiling now to ignore that code inside of submitblock(). I suspect this will work and I will be able to mine finally.. I just wish I had spent more time learning C. There are some things about the code I don't understand.

not sure what kind of hashpower you have, but if you're mining to localhost, you're probably just getting orphan blocks, because unless you have a pretty serious farm, there is no way you are getting blocks solo mining on any of the 5 algorithms we offer...

senseless

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 08:00:27 PM

not sure what kind of hashpower you have, but if you're mining to localhost, you're probably just getting orphan blocks, because unless you have a pretty serious farm, there is no way you are getting blocks solo mining on any of the 5 algorithms we offer...

Is there anything helpful you can add? Or just calling me noob and thinking I don't know how to calculate hashrate. I have enough for more than 30% of one of the algos. Will you help me now? Or just more FUD?

I got past the issue with the verification of the address so that it will attempt ProcessBlock(), getting the following error messages on block submission.

ERROR: CheckBlock() : first tx is not coinbase
ERROR: ProcessBlock() : CheckBlock FAILED

Looks like this one is an issue with how my stratum server is putting together the submitblock data. Does anyone have any idea what settings to use with yiimp/yaamp stratum server? So far I've tried..

txmessage On and Off
Setting "account"
Setting "master_wallet"
Hassubmitblock On

Dunno, I'm at a loss on this one.

Note: I'm not using the yiimp/yaamp front end, only the stratum server along with a manual configuration of the database entries for the coin properties. This works fine for DGB, XMY, and AUR. Mining all 3 of these coins and finding blocks without issues. The only problem has been with XVG.

HarryAnsour

Activity: 134
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 08:42:48 PM

XVG to the moon
I hope soon.
I love this coin , it's never overpriced, never had unnecessary pump, strong community, positive feedbacks.

Anyone knows how long it takes to show all Exchanges at Coinmarketcap?
Wolfie

Activity: 245
Merit: 13

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2017, 09:29:53 PM

Is there anything helpful you can add? Or just calling me noob and thinking I don't know how to calculate hashrate. I have enough for more than 30% of one of the algos. Will you help me now? Or just more FUD?

I got past the issue with the verification of the address so that it will attempt ProcessBlock(), getting the following error messages on block submission.

ERROR: CheckBlock() : first tx is not coinbase
ERROR: ProcessBlock() : CheckBlock FAILED

Looks like this one is an issue with how my stratum server is putting together the submitblock data. Does anyone have any idea what settings to use with yiimp/yaamp stratum server? So far I've tried..

txmessage On and Off
Setting "account"
Setting "master_wallet"
Hassubmitblock On

Dunno, I'm at a loss on this one.

Note: I'm not using the yiimp/yaamp front end, only the stratum server along with a manual configuration of the database entries for the coin properties. This works fine for DGB, XMY, and AUR. Mining all 3 of these coins and finding blocks without issues. The only problem has been with XVG.

How about just running a linux ccminer (if u have nvidia) and start it like this with your wallet address instead:

ccminer-x64 -a blake2s -o stratum+tcp://blake2s.mine.zpool.ca:5766 -u D5vcazm7y7yo4LFY1YZAZSf78V3K9PUH4u -p c=XVG

that exact string in windows with CCminer 2.2.1 runs like a top.

note that its a 6-coin wallet, to be paid in XVG you must specify the <-p c=XVG>

Good luck!

@XVG_HypeMan
senseless

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 09:53:34 PM
Last edit: October 01, 2017, 10:03:40 PM by senseless

How about just running a linux ccminer (if u have nvidia) and start it like this with your wallet address instead:

ccminer-x64 -a blake2s -o stratum+tcp://blake2s.mine.zpool.ca:5766 -u D5vcazm7y7yo4LFY1YZAZSf78V3K9PUH4u -p c=XVG

that exact string in windows with CCminer 2.2.1 runs like a top.

note that its a 6-coin wallet, to be paid in XVG you must specify the <-p c=XVG>

Good luck!

So I can give zpool 20% of the coins generated? You realize they're stealing from you, right? They're the worst of all the pools out there (they steal the most).

I have enough hashpower that I can solo mine. I want to solo mine. Then I can be sure no one is stealing from me Smiley

Pool servers for altcoins are the popular new method to steal from people. As far as I'm concerned, none of them can be trusted.

loutchano

Activity: 618
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2017, 10:37:30 PM

New Pool Verge  0.9 Fee

http://mineblocks.co.uk

Configure Your Miners

stratum+tcp://stratum.mineblocks.co.uk:3027 -u YOUR WALLET -p x

Ports ( 3027 )  ( 3028 )  All ports Vardiff

Twitter : https://twitter.com/MineBlocksPool

Telegram : https://t.me/mineblocksp

Happy Mining Smiley

2bfree

Activity: 686
Merit: 251

I'm investigating Crypto Projects

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2017, 12:24:17 AM

I think this is the biggest price increase I have seen in a while. I can't figure out what coused it.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
>>FREE SEO AUDIT/WHITE LABEL MAKE MONEY!<<
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
winding-coils

Activity: 168
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 01:52:58 AM

I think this is the biggest price increase I have seen in a while. I can't figure out what coused it.
Binance is moments away from listing, other than that I don't know, HitBTC listed it... dunno

still waiting on Wraith  Roll Eyes
nick1492

Activity: 448

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2017, 02:48:08 AM

Oh my, hitbtc has started on verge, what's next if it start on binance. Then what will happen when wraith is released, what what what next Smiley

hdn

Activity: 682
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 03:38:02 AM

Oh my, hitbtc has started on verge, what's next if it start on binance. Then what will happen when wraith is released, what what what next Smiley
next xvg price will increase and maybe passing 500 sat
coinsomnia

Activity: 119
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 06:06:02 AM

XVG to the moon
I hope soon.
I love this coin , it's never overpriced, never had unnecessary pump, strong community, positive feedbacks.

Anyone knows how long it takes to show all Exchanges at Coinmarketcap?

It's already showing it! A huge boost in trading volume! Trading in Etherium as well.

nick1492

Activity: 448

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2017, 06:30:00 AM

xvg is already 214 sats at binance! Smiley

Rijakolus

Activity: 378

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 07:42:07 AM

I guess there is some problem withdrawing Vergre from bittrex? I am waiting sicne yesterday for bittrex to confirm... Its usually pretty fast...
Pages: « 1 ... 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 [341] 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 ... 667 »
  Print  

Jump to: