May 13, 2024, 08:14:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: best coin on the market?
VERGE - 294 (40.8%)
XVG - 427 (59.2%)
Total Voters: 721

Pages: « 1 ... 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 [300] 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 ... 667 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [$XVG] VERGE [POW][MultiAlgo][TOR/i2P][no premine/ico!]  (Read 843559 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (51 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
CRonaldo7

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 07:09:30 PM

The announcement was never posted on the web wallet my coins are really not recoverable? wtf....

The best thing to do is move on and start again. When you fall off the horse just get back on.

^ It is completely ridiculous that this is the message the devs are giving us.

you didn't own your coins, and we aren't responsible for anything we don't host. we announced 5 weeks ago we were going to end support for it, since the host wasn't ours and was donated.

Yes but you are responsible for managing the web wallet!!!!!! Annouced 5 weeks ago on channels that many people will not have seen given how many people have asked in the last 3 days...... maybe a message on the web wallet itself would have been a good idea? Or maybe a few weeks after the "closure" of the web wallet to withdraw but not deposit might have a good idea? This whole issue has been handled very exteremly badly and the fall out is now being handled very shadily too.

Also, the devs can help us but are choosing not to: https://www.reddit.com/r/vergecurrency/comments/6oayae/web_wallet_problem/dkgs6oq/

I wonder why.....?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ostrogoto2012

Activity: 1134
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 07:13:26 PM

verge is long term project, so people should hold the coin and have huge profit later! good luck guys , like verge

██████████
                   ████████████
                 ██████████████
               ████████████████
             ██████████████████
██████████           ██████████          ██████████
██████████           █████████           ██████████
██████████           ███████     ██████████████████
██████████████████████████     ████████████████████
████████████████████████     ██████████████████████
██████████████████████     ████████████████████████
████████████████████     ██████████████████████████
██████████████████     ███████           ██████████
██████████          ██████████           ██████████
                    ██████████████████
                    ████████████████
                    ██████████████
                    ████████████
                    ██████████
.PrimeDAO - An Adoption Engine for Open Finance.
ostrogoto2012

Activity: 1134
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 07:17:05 PM

verge is long term project, so people should hold the coin and have huge profit later! good luck guys , like verge

██████████
                   ████████████
                 ██████████████
               ████████████████
             ██████████████████
██████████           ███████     ██████████████████
██████████████████████████     ████████████████████
████████████████████████     ██████████████████████
██████████████████████     ████████████████████████
████████████████████     ██████████████████████████
██████████████████     ███████           ██████████
                    ██████████████████
                    ████████████████
                    ██████████████
                    ████████████
                    ██████████
.PrimeDAO - An Adoption Engine for Open Finance.
ooeygooeygold

Activity: 465
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 07:25:27 PM

The announcement was never posted on the web wallet my coins are really not recoverable? wtf....

The best thing to do is move on and start again. When you fall off the horse just get back on.

you didn't own your coins, and we aren't responsible for anything we don't host. we announced 5 weeks ago we were going to end support for it, since the host wasn't ours and was donated.

Yes but you are responsible for managing the web wallet!!!!!! Annouced 5 weeks ago on channels that many people will not have seen given how many people have asked in the last 3 days...... maybe a message on the web wallet itself would have been a good idea? Or maybe a few weeks after the "closure" of the web wallet to withdraw but not deposit might have a good idea? This whole issue has been handled very exteremly badly and the fall out is now being handled very shadily too.

Also, the devs can help us but are choosing not to: https://www.reddit.com/r/vergecurrency/comments/6oayae/web_wallet_problem/dkgs6oq/

I wonder why.....?

wtf!!! I had 200k sitting on the web wallet this is total bullshit! He should have at least put the announcement on web wallet site wtfwtfwtf!!!!
Dogedarkdev (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1009

$XVG - The Standard in Crypto as a Currency!

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2017, 07:52:31 PM

I wonder why.....?

that server where it was no longer exists. so you are wrong at this point, no one can help you. we made the announcement it was going offline 5 WEEKS AGO. this discussion is now over.

_///// [$XVG] ★★★★★WE ARE ON THE VERGE ★★★★★ [MULTI-ALGO] /////_
ooeygooeygold

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 07:56:15 PM

I wonder why.....?

that server where it was no longer exists. so you are wrong at this point, no one can help you. we made the announcement it was going offline 5 WEEKS AGO. this discussion is now over.

WHY WOULDN'T YOU PUT IT IN BOLD RED LETTERS ON THE VERGE WEB WALLET?!?
Dogedarkdev (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2017, 08:13:05 PM

I wonder why.....?

BECAUSE WE WERE NOT ABLE TO ACCESS THE SITE TO MAKE CHANGES TO THE HTML

drewid

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 08:24:26 PM

i guess that 16.5 billion just dwindled down quite a bit.  good thing i chose tor webwallet from the beginning.  i knew having a webwallet on clearnet would not be a good option for long term.  easily hacked, etc.  guess i lucked out by a hair
Dogedarkdev (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2017, 08:26:53 PM

i guess that 16.5 billion just dwindled down quite a bit.  good thing i chose tor webwallet from the beginning.  i knew having a webwallet on clearnet would not be a good option for long term.  easily hacked, etc.  guess i lucked out by a hair

you really shouldnt store coins on any service that you dont actually own them. i would suggest keeping your coins on an android, core, or electrum wallet.

ooeygooeygold

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 11:14:51 PM

I wonder why.....?

BECAUSE WE WERE NOT ABLE TO ACCESS THE SITE TO MAKE CHANGES TO THE HTML

No wonder this coin will never be worth even a penny
drewid

Activity: 98

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 11:26:10 PM

you really shouldnt store coins on any service that you dont actually own them. i would suggest keeping your coins on an android, core, or electrum wallet.

will a market ever materialize such as whats on tor already?
bitspill
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1015

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 11:45:51 PM

If blockchain.info went down would you all go attack the developers behind bitcoin core?

Not every projects is under the control of the coin developer.

{ BitSpill }
Dogedarkdev (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2017, 11:51:07 PM

will a market ever materialize such as whats on tor already?

there are markets on tor, and there is an exchange on i2p that has verge available for trading. (exchanged.i2p)

CRonaldo7

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 12:01:27 AM

If blockchain.info went down would you all go attack the developers behind bitcoin core?

Yes, but in this case, the devs made a decision to remove the clearnet wallet..... which was created and managed by the devs. Now, they claim that they do not have access to the wallet inteface code which is really hard to believe when it was supported and created by the developers in the first place.

And I see that posts from users that lost coins from the wallet are still being removed moderated..... guess alot of us lost coins and have to get back on our horses.
Dogedarkdev (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2017, 12:45:36 AM

Yes, but in this case, the devs made a decision to remove the clearnet wallet..... which was created and managed by the devs. Now, they claim that they do not have access to the wallet inteface code which is really hard to believe when it was supported and created by the developers in the first place.

And I see that posts from users that lost coins from the wallet are still being removed moderated..... guess alot of us lost coins and have to get back on our horses.

the vps was one of 3 we were donated, whos hosting was paid for a year last year. im surprised it didnt go offline faster to be honest. it's unfortunate you didn't read our main thread until after the fact, since it was announced 5 weeks ago.

CRonaldo7

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 01:24:34 AM

?? Why do you keep removing my post??

i tried to check my verge coins today and saw the site down. came here and saw that the wallet been deleted? WTF? what level of incompetence is this??

Because the developers do not care.... hope that new users coming onto the forum to research on the coin do not see this as a problem.... and hope to moderate us into submission until this problem is over.....

the vps was one of 3 we were donated, whos hosting was paid for a year last year. im surprised it didnt go offline faster to be honest. it's unfortunate you didn't read our main thread until after the fact, since it was announced 5 weeks ago.

Not only I did not read, many in the past few days did not and many in the coming few days will come on here to complain and be moderated away. If I was an isolated incident..... fine, I will get back on my horse... if you ask the commnity for donations, I believe many of us will donate to keep the clearnet wallet running until you figure out a proper solution of removing it and allowing stranglers to withdraw from it over a period of time..... instead nope, you all decide to just pull the plug.

BUt whatever.... we are beating on a dead horse here now..... I hope you can see why this is a bad action and the reaction from your team is equally horrible...
Shintax

Activity: 120

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 01:28:20 AM

Let me be the first to say that because of this thread and because of the devs consistent activity in this thread I was given more than enough time to pull my XVG out of the web wallet. Keep up the good work guys  Cool

▀  ███       LEDGER  WALLET   PROTECT  YOUR  BITCOINS
▀  ▀▀▀       Smartcard security for your bitcoins        Decentralized,Open,Secure         Available now  []
▀  ▀  ▀       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Dogedarkdev (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2017, 01:40:29 AM

Let me be the first to say that because of this thread and because of the devs consistent activity in this thread I was given more than enough time to pull my XVG out of the web wallet. Keep up the good work guys  Cool

thanks. i wasn't really sure when it would go offline, which is why we planned/annoucned to remove it from our site and such 5 weeks ago.

literally rule #1 in crypto, is always keep your coins. don't leave them on sites where you cant control them via privatekey/seedphrase/.dat file

anywho, just so everyone knows, the new core update will be out before july is over, and so will the tor-only android.

RSK is still in testnet with bitcoin's smart contracts, so we're still watching that progress.

minerbro

Activity: 415
Merit: 287

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 01:57:28 AM

IS there any benefit for long-term Verge holders?

I mean, something like stake/masternodes/harvest/fees/revenue

Can I actually gain something from keeping XVG's on my wallet?
Dogedarkdev (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2017, 01:59:05 AM

IS there any benefit for long-term Verge holders?

I mean, something like stake/masternodes/harvest/fees/revenue

Can I actually gain something from keeping XVG's on my wallet?

hodling has it's own advantages/disadvantages. our shop opens up soon and will be accepting xvg.

we dont have masternodes, because it's a network weakness/centralization point. we can/may incorporate PoS one day, if we can come up with a fair system, that doesnt reward by amount in balance, but a flat reward that is fair. we'll see. right now our multi algo mining is fine though.

Pages: « 1 ... 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 [300] 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 ... 667 »
  Print  

Jump to: