May 13, 2024, 09:58:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: best coin on the market?
VERGE - 294 (40.8%)
XVG - 427 (59.2%)
Total Voters: 721

Pages: « 1 ... 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 [291] 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 ... 667 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [$XVG] VERGE [POW][MultiAlgo][TOR/i2P][no premine/ico!]  (Read 843559 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (51 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
regnar75

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 12:34:21 PM

Listing on poloniex might result in some pump action short term, but it doesn't make the real value of the project and long term price prediction any different. People act like the goal of every project is to get on as many exchanges as possible, bittrex is perfectly fine to trade on.

Agreed. Though we should be actively trying to decrease barriers to entry obviously, not in a "we want pumps!" Way but in a logical way to open up verge to be accessible to new demands (shifting demand curve itself). This includes being listed on more exchanges, shapeshift, popular multicoin wallets like Exodus and Jaxx, merchant adoption (clear and black markets), and of course continuing progress (which Devs are doing a fantastic job) as well as just overall getting the word out via Twitter, forums, other slack channels, word of mouth (just got another friend invested yesterday, he's very happy to see 25% overnight haha)
I think this falls on US the users. I hit up shapeshift and poloniex often to add verge. With shapeshift we can get multicoin wallets that use integrated Shapeshift (they won't add coins not supported) in order to try and support verge. We are essentiallya free marketing team, our payment is determined by the success of Verge.

Great analysis btw

Edit: not sure how new coins are supported on Ledger Nano S but that would be great too, I know Komodo has a developer version available that isn't seen unless you tweak the settings in ledger. Not sure if we need to contact ledger or if it's an open development option?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Dogedarkdev (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1009

$XVG - The Standard in Crypto as a Currency!

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2017, 02:36:08 PM

here's a pretty good article about us:

https://btcmanager.com/is-the-cryptocurrency-verge-a-good-investment/

_///// [$XVG] ★★★★★WE ARE ON THE VERGE ★★★★★ [MULTI-ALGO] /////_
Belogvardeec
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1013

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 02:49:11 PM

Hi all,
help me please.
I need a list of the current nodes

"Bыcшaя дoбpoдeтeль в тyндpe тepпeниe и ocтopoжнocть. Bыcшaя дypocть лeзть нaпpoлoм. Oгибaй, выжидaй, тepпи."
Aктyaльнo и для тpeйдингa.
Dogedarkdev (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2017, 02:51:19 PM

Hi all,
help me please.

https://c-cex.com/?id=ws&shownodes=xvg

also, you can use vergecurrency.de to download the chain must faster than syncing. (there's instructions)

Jeantheboy

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

I love argumentation.

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2017, 03:54:56 PM

Is that Verge QT for osx the electrum version?
Only getting 1 connection, not seeing how many blocks it is downloading?
Keeps out of sync!

same here... ;/ trying to sync for 3 days now

try syncing bitcoin, takes over a week lol

you can go to vergecurrency.de and download the chain instead. there's even instructions there.

Hey man. So i downloaded the Verge-qt wallet. I generated a second wallet address within the wallet. I had sent my XVG from Bittrex to the wallet before it finished syncing. Once it finished syncing the wallet address disappeared and went back to having 1 receiving address and my balance is 0. I can find my transfer transaction in the blockchain explorer but now I'm wondering if my coins are lost? Also now the wallet doesn't even want to open. I have a few other alt coin wallets and everything has went smooth with the coins. But I'm having major problems with Verge. any ideas?? I have almost a million coins

Hi, I do share the issues you have. Check my posts. The Verge community is vibrant and resourceful. Great place to stay and beautiful expectations. A project to believe in.
However, the dev team should recognize that the wallets are problematic. My latest post is unanswered.
I do hope that you will manage to retrieve your coins. After that, send them back to Bittrex. They are safer there.
What I would suggest is considering using Coinomi, creating a paper wallet, and verifying it by private key on the paper wallet section of the Verge website. Having the private key is crucial. If you don't wanna use Coinomi for mobile, just try and wait for Coinomi to provide a desktop version.
My experience with the Electrum Win wallet is only partially good. The wallet is always syncing, remaining sort of stuck, even preventing me from accessing the Network section. Thus, I printed all the private keys from the Electrum wallet and used one to sweep the funds I had on the Electrum to my Coinomi account. Keep the Coinomi seed in a safe place. That is the access to your funds.
To sum up: Use Bittrex, Coinomi, and a paper wallet. Nothing else, at least for the moment.
When it comes to money, we have to determined.

our qt wallets work fine. jgreek1, if you are saying the second receiving address "disappeared" then it sounds like you allowed the client to force quit and maybe corrupted the wallet.dat

also you can verify the qt wallet synced by going into the help/debug console, and typing getinfo, and verifying that it is on the same block number as any of the blockchain explorers.

jeantheboy: the best place to open an issue is on our github for whatever application is giving you the issue, along with screencaps or pastes. we've had many people use the electrum windows wallets with no reported issues, and so far, most users prefer it since it does not require syncing and transactions are nearly instant. we are releasing mac osx clients and then we are going to stop support for the clearnet one. i am not sure if you are talking about the clearnet electrum wallet or the tor electrum either. but, do please open an issue on the github repository for the electrum client that gave you an issue.

heres an example of the electrum-xvg-tor wallet, with the network tab open:

If there's a specific place to illustrate technical issue, I didn't know that. Where is the github repository for Verge?
Thanks a lot.

Use Binance for day trading, and for buying-and-holding blockchain assets. Exchange fee is only 0.1%.
https://www.binance.com/?ref=10262180
Dogedarkdev (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2017, 03:56:23 PM

Is that Verge QT for osx the electrum version?
Only getting 1 connection, not seeing how many blocks it is downloading?
Keeps out of sync!

same here... ;/ trying to sync for 3 days now

try syncing bitcoin, takes over a week lol

you can go to vergecurrency.de and download the chain instead. there's even instructions there.

Hey man. So i downloaded the Verge-qt wallet. I generated a second wallet address within the wallet. I had sent my XVG from Bittrex to the wallet before it finished syncing. Once it finished syncing the wallet address disappeared and went back to having 1 receiving address and my balance is 0. I can find my transfer transaction in the blockchain explorer but now I'm wondering if my coins are lost? Also now the wallet doesn't even want to open. I have a few other alt coin wallets and everything has went smooth with the coins. But I'm having major problems with Verge. any ideas?? I have almost a million coins

Hi, I do share the issues you have. Check my posts. The Verge community is vibrant and resourceful. Great place to stay and beautiful expectations. A project to believe in.
However, the dev team should recognize that the wallets are problematic. My latest post is unanswered.
I do hope that you will manage to retrieve your coins. After that, send them back to Bittrex. They are safer there.
What I would suggest is considering using Coinomi, creating a paper wallet, and verifying it by private key on the paper wallet section of the Verge website. Having the private key is crucial. If you don't wanna use Coinomi for mobile, just try and wait for Coinomi to provide a desktop version.
My experience with the Electrum Win wallet is only partially good. The wallet is always syncing, remaining sort of stuck, even preventing me from accessing the Network section. Thus, I printed all the private keys from the Electrum wallet and used one to sweep the funds I had on the Electrum to my Coinomi account. Keep the Coinomi seed in a safe place. That is the access to your funds.
To sum up: Use Bittrex, Coinomi, and a paper wallet. Nothing else, at least for the moment.
When it comes to money, we have to determined.

our qt wallets work fine. jgreek1, if you are saying the second receiving address "disappeared" then it sounds like you allowed the client to force quit and maybe corrupted the wallet.dat

also you can verify the qt wallet synced by going into the help/debug console, and typing getinfo, and verifying that it is on the same block number as any of the blockchain explorers.

jeantheboy: the best place to open an issue is on our github for whatever application is giving you the issue, along with screencaps or pastes. we've had many people use the electrum windows wallets with no reported issues, and so far, most users prefer it since it does not require syncing and transactions are nearly instant. we are releasing mac osx clients and then we are going to stop support for the clearnet one. i am not sure if you are talking about the clearnet electrum wallet or the tor electrum either. but, do please open an issue on the github repository for the electrum client that gave you an issue.

heres an example of the electrum-xvg-tor wallet, with the network tab open:

If there's a specific place to illustrate technical issue, I didn't know that. Where is the github repository for Verge?
Thanks a lot.

https://github.com/vergecurrency?tab=repositories

cryptogabe

Activity: 12

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 07:51:40 PM

Is XVG a Pos? Can you Stake it with the XVG Wallet?
regnar75

Activity: 31

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 08:06:17 PM

Is XVG a Pos? Can you Stake it with the XVG Wallet?

Nope. PoW
Belogvardeec
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1013

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 08:26:14 PM

Hi all,
help me please.

https://c-cex.com/?id=ws&shownodes=xvg

also, you can use vergecurrency.de to download the chain must faster than syncing. (there's instructions)

Thank you for the help)

"Bыcшaя дoбpoдeтeль в тyндpe тepпeниe и ocтopoжнocть. Bыcшaя дypocть лeзть нaпpoлoм. Oгибaй, выжидaй, тepпи."
Aктyaльнo и для тpeйдингa.
Kryptomaniac

Activity: 110
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 09:54:47 PM

Yes nice article, but it left me with one question:  Why would one believe that other anonymity-centric coins such as Monero, DASH, or PIVX provide better anonymous transaction payment solutions?  Why?

Also, I agree with article's view on community and adoption.  What can community do to help?  How can we increase adoption? I remember May of last year there was talk about Dash introducing some ATMs throughout Venezuela and other Central American countries and that seems to have been the beginning of their rise to their current numbers.  (This is not a pitch for Dash, I mean try buying a million Dash right now). 

The Verge Currency Community stands ready!
Dogedarkdev (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2017, 12:06:03 AM

hey everyone, hope you're all having a great week. personally i'm looking forward to the weekend.

we're going to be running an ad campaign with coinmarketcap (depending on how much we raise)

if anyone would like to contribute, you can use either of these addresses:

btc: 142r3vCAH3AzABiQjFPmcrSCp6TDzEDuB1

xvg: DDd1pVWr8PPAw1z7DRwoUW6maWh5SsnCcp

jedygabriel

Activity: 29

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 01:29:58 AM

hey everyone, hope you're all having a great week. personally i'm looking forward to the weekend.

we're going to be running an ad campaign with coinmarketcap (depending on how much we raise)

DEV, do you remember that day when DOGE community done a Marketing campaign on a NASCAR car? hahahaha
Maybe thats something to think about, maybe on a BIG DarkNet market such as HANSA, or a darknet indexer as GRAMS, or even some big mainstream pop shit (insert a funny sugestion here), or a in a hacking channel such as HAK5, or other "underground culture" shit
I know that an ad campaign in coinmarketcap would be pretty more approachable for now, I am just giving a sugestion for future thinking  Grin
A_McGriff

Activity: 178
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 03:30:21 AM

Sent!

_///// [XVG] ★★★★★WE ARE ON  THE VERGE ★★★★★ [MULTI-ALGO] /////_
_///// TOR // I2P // LINUX . WINDOWS . MAC . ANDROID . ELECTRUM . WEBWALLET . GITHUB // WEBSITE // RADIO // IRC /////_
NAV2MOON

Activity: 18

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 04:02:58 AM

Instead of cutting the supply there might be maybe a way to cut it artificially temporaryly.
Maybe there could be a way to make ones coins unspendable for a specific time (maybe a year). And somewhere should be listed how many coins are unspendable and how long. This would build more trust into the coin and fear of whales smashing the price could be reduced.
But I have no idea why someone would make his coins unspendable, other than preventing himself from selling too early in a panic. Maybe there might be some way to stabilise the system with those coins or something.

I know this might be a stupid and pointless suggestion but its not as stupid as suggesting to cut the supply. That would smash trust in a second.

Whales already have their coins and have been holding (or hodling) for a while... and locking away their coins would kill trust. Verge is moving, I think, is because "whales" have spent the better part of a year accumulating at 1 sat... and locking away those coins would result in an immediate dump. Now, if you are talking about the current daily supply, what the miners miners do... (maybe mining and dumping is what you are thinking) here is the math...

13,409,472,280/16,555,000,000=0.809995305345817

0.809995305345817x100= 80.9995305345817 percent of the coins have been mined.

4,492800 Verge are mined a day which translates to 6.67753632 @ 149 sats...

Verge is doing 700-900 BTC volume daily so new coins are not crashing the markets....

If Verge is doing 700 BTC a day... there are 1440 minutes in a day... 700/1440= 0.4861111111111111 BTC is spent every minute, on average.
As a result, in ( I am rounding here, of course) 6.68/.48= 13.92, which means in 14 minutes of trading a day's supply is bought, assuming every miner is dumping.

So, your suggestion to lock up the supply seems a little ill-conceived. After all, if miners can't mine and dump for some money, why mine Verge at all? If whales can't trade and make money, why bother with Verge, at all? How do you pick the coins that are good for trading...?

Frankly, at this point I think that the only ones worried about the supply are the new people, dreaming of 1 dollar Verge, while ignoring the fact that a .01, .05 (2 years out), or even a .10 (maybe 3 years out) cent privacy focused coin with multi-algo and potentially rootstock smart contracts is a realistic and reasonable approach to valuation for Verge, I think.

You make a very good point here in regards to its future price prediction, but there may a bunch of other factors contributing to a way higher and faster price increase. I heard Verge are in talks with Poloniex to be listed there. Imagine how that would impact the price of a coin.
Please do not start rumors about Poloniex listing. This is a doubtful statement.

If xvg isn't added to poloniex it will make their staff look like idiots, I highly doubt polo wouldn't add XVG, unless they hate money and want volume to go to bittrex. I say keep pushing the rumors, they are based in common sense.
Dogedarkdev (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2017, 04:19:40 AM

Sent!

thanks mcgriff!

A_McGriff

Activity: 178
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 05:23:41 AM

Sent!

thanks mcgriff!

Anytime, thanks for everything you do! Go Verge!

_///// [XVG] ★★★★★WE ARE ON  THE VERGE ★★★★★ [MULTI-ALGO] /////_
_///// TOR // I2P // LINUX . WINDOWS . MAC . ANDROID . ELECTRUM . WEBWALLET . GITHUB // WEBSITE // RADIO // IRC /////_
H_Alee

Activity: 4

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 05:32:13 AM

HI,

I AM NEW TO VERGE. I HAVE DOWNLOADED THE OS X WALLET FROM THE OFFICIAL WEBSITE. I HAVE TRIED TO STUDY THIS FORUM BUT CAN NOT FIND THE ANSWER TO MY QUESTION. CAN SOMEONE ELABORATE AND EASE MY STRESS PLEASE Smiley . THANKS IN ADVANCE.

* MY WALLET SAYS 'OUT OF SYNC(IN RED)'. AT THE BOTTOM RIGHT IT SHOWS ME BARS WHICH SOMETIME SAY '0 CONNECTION' AND SOMETIME '1 CONNECTION'. I TRIED PUTTING THE TRANSACTION ID FROM MY BITTREX BUT IT SAYS ' OUTPUT 0, INPUT 0' . ALSO IF I HOVER THE CURSOR NEXT TO THE SIGNAL BARS, IT SAYS ' DOWNLOADING ''X'' AMOUNT OF FILES FROM ±(APPROX)1300000 FILES'.
* IT ALSO SOMETIME SAYS IF DATE AND TIME ARE NOT CORRECT THE WALLET MAY NOT WORK PROPER. BUT THE DATE AND TIME ON MY MAC IS CORRECT AND SET TO 'AUTO SELECT TIME ZONE' (I AM IN UK BTW).

QUESTION: WILL THE WALLET SYNC AND WORK AFTER ALL THE FILES HAVE DOWNLOADED ? I CAN NOT SEE MY VERGE ON MY WALLET.
 PLEASE HELP !
Dogedarkdev (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2017, 05:36:44 AM

HI,

I AM NEW TO VERGE. I HAVE DOWNLOADED THE OS X WALLET FROM THE OFFICIAL WEBSITE. I HAVE TRIED TO STUDY THIS FORUM BUT CAN NOT FIND THE ANSWER TO MY QUESTION. CAN SOMEONE ELABORATE AND EASE MY STRESS PLEASE Smiley . THANKS IN ADVANCE.

* MY WALLET SAYS 'OUT OF SYNC(IN RED)'. AT THE BOTTOM RIGHT IT SHOWS ME BARS WHICH SOMETIME SAY '0 CONNECTION' AND SOMETIME '1 CONNECTION'. I TRIED PUTTING THE TRANSACTION ID FROM MY BITTREX BUT IT SAYS ' OUTPUT 0, INPUT 0' . ALSO IF I HOVER THE CURSOR NEXT TO THE SIGNAL BARS, IT SAYS ' DOWNLOADING ''X'' AMOUNT OF FILES FROM ±(APPROX)1300000 FILES'.
* IT ALSO SOMETIME SAYS IF DATE AND TIME ARE NOT CORRECT THE WALLET MAY NOT WORK PROPER. BUT THE DATE AND TIME ON MY MAC IS CORRECT AND SET TO 'AUTO SELECT TIME ZONE' (I AM IN UK BTW).

QUESTION: WILL THE WALLET SYNC AND WORK AFTER ALL THE FILES HAVE DOWNLOADED ? I CAN NOT SEE MY VERGE ON MY WALLET.
 PLEASE HELP !

yes of course it will show up after its synced.

go to vergecurrency.de and follow the instructions

or just wait for it to sync. up to you

Dogedarkdev (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2017, 05:37:12 AM

Cometis

Activity: 7

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 05:48:17 AM

Hey ,

So i want to ask that lets say i want to keep my vergecoins for at least 2 years but i do not trust Bittrex or any exchanges , and i want to store them on my private wallet such as Verge Electrum  , Verge Web Wallet or Verge paper wallet , is there any tutorial which steps i should follow ? So far i just traded my coins on exchanges and i do not know anything about how the wallets work
Pages: « 1 ... 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 [291] 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 ... 667 »
  Print  

Jump to: