Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 11:23:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... 85 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What were your experiences with Bitcoin when you first started?  (Read 55268 times)
alisus

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 10, 2017, 08:30:51 PM

My first experience with bitcoin, I am very happy, and I started claim many faucets for earn some bitcoins, although I do keep a small income for the purposes of collecting 1 BTC
eternalgloom
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2017, 09:00:26 PM

I remember messing around with faucets and thinking to myself that it was probably a waste of time.
Ended up just buying some Bitcoins through Kraken and having to wait some time to receive them when sending between wallets because I had sent them with low fees :p

After a while I understood my mistakes and became pretty interested in Bitcoin.

Abiky (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1363

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
February 13, 2017, 06:38:22 PM

Hahaha. Most of the people here start earning Bitcoin with the facute mining or PTC site. I also start my earning with both of sites. But i cant earn more then 1$ in a day. They are all waste of time. I have joined many facute mining/PTC site that, I never reached minimum payout. So why i cant withdraw my BTC. When i remembered thos days, I felt shame on me. Sad

Yeah. I used to believe that I was going to get rich quick by spending hours on a Bitcoin faucet. In my early days, I didn't have any knowledge about what a satoshi was, thus when I saw that faucets paid around 1000 sats per hour, I thought that I was going to receive 1000 Bitcoin.

But as time went by, I learned more about Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies, and realized that "satoshis" were a smaller form of Bitcoin, thus gave up on faucets since it was a waste of my time.

It was then, that I have decided to look for new ways to earn Bitcoin efficiently, and found out that there was cloud mining, lending, signature campaigns, among others.

Nevertheless, even though you won't make a good amount of Bitcoin by using faucets, they're still great for newbies to learn how to use the cryptocurrency.  Roll Eyes

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
gsrcrxsi

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 13, 2017, 07:56:45 PM

Definitely it was an great experience to know about bitcoin as it was giving me an extra money to earn and who doesn't love extra money? Started to learn more things about bitcoin and also different ways of earning them and now I am earning a decent amount of bitcoins on regular basis that even I can afford to quit my full time job.
Herbet Fry

Activity: 812
Merit: 253

●Social Crypto Trading●

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2017, 08:03:50 PM

Hahaha. Most of the people here start earning Bitcoin with the facute mining or PTC site. I also start my earning with both of sites. But i cant earn more then 1$ in a day. They are all waste of time. I have joined many facute mining/PTC site that, I never reached minimum payout. So why i cant withdraw my BTC. When i remembered thos days, I felt shame on me. Sad

Yeah. I used to believe that I was going to get rich quick by spending hours on a Bitcoin faucet. In my early days, I didn't have any knowledge about what a satoshi was, thus when I saw that faucets paid around 1000 sats per hour, I thought that I was going to receive 1000 Bitcoin.

But as time went by, I learned more about Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies, and realized that "satoshis" were a smaller form of Bitcoin, thus gave up on faucets since it was a waste of my time.

It was then, that I have decided to look for new ways to earn Bitcoin efficiently, and found out that there was cloud mining, lending, signature campaigns, among others.

Nevertheless, even though you won't make a good amount of Bitcoin by using faucets, they're still great for newbies to learn how to use the cryptocurrency.  Roll Eyes

Lol 1000 bitcoins. ^^  I always knew I was not getting much from faucets but I first started mining doge and had mined 10000 and played a gambling game with it. I started collecting faucets. Like you say they good fpr teaching beginners. Rather collect dust and lose thst then to lose a large amount of bitcoin because you made a mistake.

artows21

Activity: 322

View Profile
February 14, 2017, 09:00:00 PM

My experiences were to go full-time on faucets, and do some good things with Cointellect. This provided me some money, that I lost all in a hack Cheesy ! This learnt me to secure heavily my wallets !
Abiky (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 15, 2017, 07:13:22 PM

Definitely it was an great experience to know about bitcoin as it was giving me an extra money to earn and who doesn't love extra money? Started to learn more things about bitcoin and also different ways of earning them and now I am earning a decent amount of bitcoins on regular basis that even I can afford to quit my full time job.

Yes. Bitcoin is one of the best ways for you to earn extra money with little to no effort involved (depending on what you do to earn them like cloud mining).  It was one of the reasons which I've started using it, to help me make a side income out of it. In the process, I've learned that not only serves as a method of earning an extra income, but also serves to transact freely between people, eliminating the trusted third party finally. With Bitcoin, you can have complete freedom of your money, without worries of anyone having control of your funds (depends on how well you secure your coins).

Thanks to everything I’ve learned about Bitcoin so far, I have improved my life by becoming more aware of my privacy, among many other things.  Smiley

Lol 1000 bitcoins. ^^  I always knew I was not getting much from faucets but I first started mining doge and had mined 10000 and played a gambling game with it. I started collecting faucets. Like you say they good fpr teaching beginners. Rather collect dust and lose thst then to lose a large amount of bitcoin because you made a mistake.

In my early days, I’d say that I've wasted too much of my time trying to make up some money with the use of faucets. I had to spend 3 to 4 hours every day just to get a decent amount of satoshi, but most of the times it was not enough compared to getting a real job. That is why, when I've discovered that faucets were not worth it, I've started considering other ways to earn Bitcoin without having to spend my life in front of a computer for hours each day.

But still, as you said, it is better to collect those dust earnings and save them up just in case, since you've got nothing to lose. I use most my faucet earnings for gambling, as well as for trading, since it serves as a good way for testing your own strategies without losing any money. After all, who can't resist free money?  Roll Eyes

████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
wuvdoll
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1025

View Profile
February 15, 2017, 07:54:18 PM

I don’t think that anyone in the entire world had any experience with something that he just started.

I mean we are all here to learn more and I am pretty sure that the only thing that has brought people to bitcoin is that they wanted to earn money and that is what it is all about, so if you are new to bitcoin you search to know even more about bitcoin so you can earn more and even if you are not new to bitcoin you still want to know more about it.
Abiky (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 22, 2017, 12:25:53 PM

I don’t think that anyone in the entire world had any experience with something that he just started.

I mean we are all here to learn more and I am pretty sure that the only thing that has brought people to bitcoin is that they wanted to earn money and that is what it is all about, so if you are new to bitcoin you search to know even more about bitcoin so you can earn more and even if you are not new to bitcoin you still want to know more about it.

That is mostly one of the reasons why many people have joined into Bitcoin, to be able to make a side income out of it. Since it is a very valuable cryptocurrency, it helps attract new users into it, using the former as a store of value. When we have first started with Bitcoin, we experienced many undesired things like loss of funds, theft of coins, scams, and others. But as time passes by, we learn more about how to effectively buy, store and secure our Bitcoin, eventually becoming an expert on the subject.

Nevertheless, I'm glad that I've got into Bitcoin in the first place, since it has helped me gain control of my financial life, by the use of cloud mining services, ICO investments, and some sources of passive income. I've also learned how to become a privacy centric user, by being very careful when exposing any identifiable information online, as well as being able to greatly secure my Bitcoin holdings. Just sharing my thoughts.  Grin

████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
Meliodasama

Activity: 44

View Profile
February 22, 2017, 12:30:51 PM

hi i were experiences with bitcoin when i do online jobs
but now i most interested in bitcoin because it has unique rate
the fluctuative rate make me feel can invest in bitcoin for future  Grin
clickerz

Activity: 1414
Merit: 505

Backed.Finance

View Profile
February 22, 2017, 12:45:33 PM

Well I started also from faucets. Collecting bitcoin from faucets to faucets until I earn substantial amount then I invested on HYIP and lost. Cheesy But through my experience, i search and learn more about bitcoin until I got here in bitcointalk. Here I learn so much from trading to ICO and the last but not the least, signature campaigns.

Open for Campaigns
Umigokath

Activity: 55

View Profile
February 22, 2017, 12:59:13 PM

I would like to know what experiences did you had when you first started with Bitcoins. As for me, I had many that I would like to share with you.

When I began in the Bitcoin world, I was a complete rookie with no proper knowledge of how did mining worked or anything about cryptocurrencies. I just thought about Bitcoin as another payment processor like PayPal. But when I joined the BitcoinTalk community, I learned so many things along the way. In my process of learning in the first days, I decided to invest into cloud mining services. Since I didn't knew much about it, I invested a plenty amount of Bitcoins to start my journey into it. During that time, I had gotten into many different services. Those were GAW Miners, then Cointellect, cloudminr.io and finally Hashnest. After getting scammed many times by the services mentioned previously, (except for Hashnest) I have lost many Bitcoins. As a result, I decided to never invest into cloud mining and thus dedicate myself into learning more about the cryptocurrency and look for other ways to earn Bitcoins. It was then that I enrolled into the signature campaign that I am currently into and during all that time I began to earn Bitcoins as well as diversify my investments into different alt coins. Now I am dedicated to trading Bitcoins and other alt coins, as well as working for it (like the signature campaign and working as a freelancer) in order to earn coins and build up my portfolio along the way.

Anyways, what would be your experiences with this exciting cryptocurrency?  Cheesy
When I first started using Bitcoin I had no idea what it was and how to use it. Or what the purpose of the Bitcoin was and how mining worked.
But then a friend of who already had knowledge of Bitcoin explained to me how I can use the Bitcoin, what is was an how mining worked.
SpousedHF

Activity: 14

View Profile
February 22, 2017, 01:06:27 PM

I first bought it off of someone on a forum and it took so long to actually get to me. It was unreal I think I actually waited for a whole two days for a 20$ transaction. I have had since then other good experiences. It is very rare that I have to wait as much but from time to time there will be a day where I need to wait a few hours but lately never more than that.
requester

Activity: 280

View Profile
February 22, 2017, 01:16:05 PM

it was really weird because there was hardly anyone to teach me to use bitcoin and earn money with bitcoin. and i was really too much scared to invest money in cloud mining sites so i hadn't invested but later after 6 months i had invested and within 1 month that site ran away so my fear was right.
TheBobman

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 22, 2017, 03:02:09 PM

For me it was tough to understand What the Bitcoin was and how to use the Bitcoin. Because i only heard about it and had no idea what it was.
But after a little while i understood what the Bitcoin was and how to use it. I do have to give credits to an friend who already knew about the Bitcoin.
Abiky (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 23, 2017, 12:46:22 PM

it was really weird because there was hardly anyone to teach me to use bitcoin and earn money with bitcoin. and i was really too much scared to invest money in cloud mining sites so i hadn't invested but later after 6 months i had invested and within 1 month that site ran away so my fear was right.

Yeah. I was scared too at first, since I didn't had anyone to guide me when considering to invest into cloud mining services, and other cryptocurrency projects. When I've decided to make my first investment into a cloud mining site, I turned out to lose most of my money since the service decided to close down due to an alleged hack. I then decided to look out for other cloud mining services, but I ended up the same.

Many of my investments were lost in GAW Miners, cloudminr.io, and HashProfit, but as time went by, I've learned through experience by reading up the forums, looking out for reviews, and expanding my knowledge among Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies. Thanks to the signature campaign, I've been able to explore more in the forums about Bitcoin and blockchain technology, making me a cryptocurrency enthusiast today.

In the end, I could say that you won't learn about Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies, without experience, as when you face scams, and other disasters, you get to learn more about the things that happen in crypto land. Just my thoughts.  Smiley

████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
mornabo

Activity: 1148
Merit: 504

View Profile
February 23, 2017, 01:34:36 PM

My experiences were to go full-time on faucets, and do some good things with Cointellect. This provided me some money, that I lost all in a hack Cheesy ! This learnt me to secure heavily my wallets !
I was also a cointellect users. It happened when I first joined the bitcoin. I'm looking for a free rdp then runs cointellect at rdp.
lol it is easiest passive income Tongue
KuromaYoichi

Activity: 756
Merit: 251

Sovryn - 300-500% APY on USDT Deposit

View Profile
February 23, 2017, 02:15:36 PM

First time i started with bitcoin is when i was searching for some online job for additional income in some local forum. There, i found many thread about getting bitcoin from faucet, i don't know what bitcoin is so i do some research first. After that i try doing faucet, but faucets only give me some satoshi, not comparable to my effort. Then i tried hyip, got scammed  Angry and almost cut my ties with bitcoin. Lucky there's some stellar promotion, they're giving free stellar (alt-coin), so i created many account and got many stellar, exhange it into bitcoin for my first decent amount of bitcoin.

.The DeFi for Bitcoin Platform.            ███   ███
           ███   ███
          ███   ███
         ███   ███
        ███   ███
       ███   ███
      ███   ███
     ███   ███
    ███   ███
   ███   ███
  ███   ███
 ███   ███
███   ███
▄  ▄██████████████████████▄  ▄
 ▀▄ ▀████████████████████▀ ▄▀
  ▀█ ▀████▀ ▄▄            █▀
   ▀█▄ ▀█ ████████████▀ ▄█▀
     ██▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ██
      ███      ▀█▄ ▀ ▄██
       ███▄ ▀█████ ▄███
        ████ ▀██▀ ▄███
         ▀███▄  ▄███▀
          ▀███▄ ▀██▀
            ████▄ ▀
             ████▀
              ▀█▀
SOVRYN███   ███
 ███   ███
  ███   ███
   ███   ███
    ███   ███
     ███   ███
      ███   ███
       ███   ███
        ███   ███
         ███   ███
          ███   ███
           ███   ███
            ███   ███
.300% APY on USDT Deposits.
████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
swiftbits

Activity: 938
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 23, 2017, 02:27:02 PM

It's a very good start for me, I started using bitcoin last April 2016, I started with nothing  Roll Eyes just a bitcoin wallet (coins.ph wallet)  Grin
I earn Bitcoin through referral offer on Coins.ph where I can get BTC 0.001 for each referred user, I earn BTC 0.025 for free well that's a small amount before, I do some research about bitcoin and join some Bitcoin Related Facebook Groups and saw some HYIP sites and Invest all my BTC in one site, I'm very happy that time because my BTC is growing and I thought it will grow forever that can make me rich  Grin , luckily someone told me that those kind of sites only last for 2-6months. my BTC already doubled and release them before it become scam.. I lived in bitcoin HYIP world and using Faucet for a year, now I already stop because I get scam and waste a lot of time , Then I join Bitcointalk that give so much better information to me, hopefully earn and learn more Cheesy

▀▀█▄
     ▀▀██▄▄██████▄████▄
      ▄▄███████████▀█▄
  ▄█████████████████▄█▄ ▄
 ▀  ▀██████████████▀▀█████
   ▄██████▀▀     ▀▀▀▀▄▄▀█▀
 ▄███████▄▄█▀               █
█▀▀ ▀██████▀                █
    ██████▄█▌              ██
   █████████             ▄██▌
    █▀ ▀█████ █▄ ▐▄  ▄█████▀
         ▀███████ ██▄▄███▀
           ▀▀█████████▀
.CoinDragon.████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
..No.████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
             ▄▄██████▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄████████████
 ▄███████████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄▄
█████████████████████████████
 ▀█████████████████████████▀
     ██  ▄▄   ██  ▄▄   ██
     ██  ██   ██  ██   ██
     ██  ██   ██  ██   ██
     ▀▀  ██   ▀▀  ██   ▀▀
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
Competitions
& Tournaments
for All
gracia0023

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 25, 2017, 02:16:36 AM

It was difficult start for me. Especially, because there no one who could teach me well about bitcoin. I have friends who has a lot of experience and earns already in bitcoin but all I can do is ask them when I'm confused.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... 85 »
  Print  

Jump to: