Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 05:53:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... 143 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Health and Religion  (Read 210811 times)
simplelisten

Activity: 310
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 12, 2016, 11:41:37 AM

Everyone is poison to others. Each has there own perspective on life and its gonna be messy. Its on a people to cleanse him/herself.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
xuan87
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 12, 2016, 11:55:07 AM

For me Atheism is not a poison as long as they not insulting other religion, they have their right to choose become atheism

for them all of the things that happen in universe can be answer by science, so as long as they not harm anybody i think is okay

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░██████████████████████░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████████████████░░░░
░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░
░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████░░
░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░░
░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░██████░
░░░░░░░██████░░░░░█░░░░░████████░██████░
░░░░░░░███████░░░███░░░████░░███░██████░
░░░░░░░███████░░██░██░████░░███░░█████░░
░░░░░░░░██████░░██░░█░███░░███░░██████░░
░░░░░░░░░███████░██░█░█░░░███░░██████░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██████░███░░░███░░░█████░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░██░░████░░░░░░██░░░██████░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░████░░░░░██████░░░█████░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░███░░░█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░██████░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
▂▂ ▃▃ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ TeraWATT █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▃▃ ▂▂
Global LED Adoption Through Blockchain Technology
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒『ICO IS LIVE』≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
WEBSITE』『WHITEPAPER
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
TWITTER』『TELEGRAM
magnific61

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 12, 2016, 01:00:28 PM

For me Atheism is not a poison as long as they not insulting other religion, they have their right to choose become atheism

for them all of the things that happen in universe can be answer by science, so as long as they not harm anybody i think is okay
Righ but many of atheists are insulting believers. They want to spread to whole world their mentality without belief. For believers they are infidels but they don't insult them for their religion forbids. But atheists continuely provoke them to do. They have no respect to any religion or belief and therefore easily judge believers.
But i don't mean all of them are same. Ofcourse there are many of atheist people that are respectful to believers. I just talk in general meaning
af_newbie
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1468

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2016, 01:07:47 PM

Righ but many of atheists are insulting believers. They want to spread to whole world their mentality without belief. For believers they are infidels but they don't insult them for their religion forbids. But atheists continuely provoke them to do. They have no respect to any religion or belief and therefore easily judge believers.
But i don't mean all of them are same. Ofcourse there are many of atheist people that are respectful to believers. I just talk in general meaning

Wrong.  Religions are insulting atheists.  They insult logic, reason, humanity in general.

When they preach non-existent nonsense, when they preach inequality between people, when they preach killing other people.  That is what I object.

I'm insulted by your bronze age bullshit.  Take your Muhammad, Jesus, Yahweh and stick it up your ass.

magnific61

View Profile
March 12, 2016, 02:51:51 PM

Wrong.  Religions are insulting atheists.  They insult logic, reason, humanity in general.

When they preach non-existent nonsense, when they preach inequality between people, when they preach killing other people.  That is what I object.

I'm insulted by your bronze age bullshit.  Take your Muhammad, Jesus, Yahweh and stick it up your ass.

I think you have something to stick up your ass. According you to stand up for homosexuals Cheesy
af_newbie
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2016, 02:53:23 PM

I think you have something to stick up your ass. According you to stand up for homosexuals Cheesy

I stand up for everyone.  Including fuck ups like you.

magnific61

View Profile
March 12, 2016, 03:11:08 PM

I stand up for everyone.  Including fuck ups like you.
Yeah! Sure, if we suppose insulting as standing up.
CoinCube (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1055

View Profile
March 12, 2016, 06:32:50 PM

“It is indisputable that the being whose capacities of enjoyment are low, has the greatest chance of having them fully satisfied; and a highly endowed being will always feel that any happiness which he can look for, as the world is constituted, is imperfect. But he can learn to bear its imperfections, if they are at all bearable; and they will not make him envy the being who is indeed unconscious of the imperfections, but only because he feels not at all the good which those imperfections qualify.

It is better to be a human being dissatisfied than a pig satisfied; better to be Socrates dissatisfied than a fool satisfied. And if the fool, or the pig, is of a different opinion, it is only because they only know their own side of the question.”

― John Stuart Mill, Utilitarianism

"Our life is shaped by our mind; we become what we think. Joy follows a pure thought like a shadow that never leaves."

― Buddha

romero121
Legendary

Activity: 3164
Merit: 1213

View Profile
March 13, 2016, 07:23:29 AM

Atheist don't believe in god just due to several failures faced in their life. Because of such incidents they too spread their ideology on atheism.
CoinCube (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 13, 2016, 08:20:47 AM

Bruce Charlton who's blog I have been following since I ran across it a few weeks ago posted this article on despair in the modern world. I have copied an abridged version below.

http://charltonteaching.blogspot.com/2016/03/cultural-despair-evident-in-revealed.html?m=1

Quote from: Bruce Charlton
Cultural despair evident in revealed preferences

Despair is usually denied as shameful and a refutation of one's life choices - but if the defiantly gay words are ignored and the behaviour is noted, then the ubiquity of despair becomes evident.

What characterizes those who most assert their happiness, that they choose to do the things they do in pursuit of happiness (fulfilment, personal growth... whatever)? - Especially those who make so much in public discourse of their happy and exciting lifestyles with lots of sex of lots of types with lots of people, choosing their sexuality and sexual identity, partnering and unparternering according to what brings them happiness, engaging in frequent exotic travel, owing the latest technologies, clothes, 'enhancing' their bodies (and 'self-esteem') with dyes, ink, holes, diet, exercise, drugs...

Those legions... who say they love, are serious about, their careers - who spend years in formal education (but never read anything that isn't on the curriculum, never do work that doesn't contribute to an exam or part of a task set by others) and training and seeking promotion - the same people who never cease talking about holidays past and future, and retire as soon as possible.

The fact is that hardly anybody in this world... is genuinely motivated by education, or by work, except as a means to the end of participation in socially-approved lifestyles. But most people are motivated by relationships.

So how are relationships in the modern world?

The answer, when looked at over time, is feeble and fragile. The 'promise' is that we can have relationships with anybody, and do anything with them (and with ourselves). The reality is that such relationships have no more significance than a TV that talks back.

Family provides the most solid and secure relationships - but marriage and the family are subject to unending subversion and attack (often paradoxically, justified 'for the good of the children' - as if a careerist, salaried middle management drone of a government official cares anything about 'children' except as a means to their own ends!)

Real friends who would do what family would do (support and make sacrifices over many years) are very few, or utterly absent - instead modern people have a superficially impressive multitude of superficial fair-weather Facebook and Twitter 'friends' who are great at providing distractions and stimulus but useless when times are tough.

There are many people in this world, in the ubiquitous cities esepcially, many people who are in the situation of living in a place, in a life, where nobody - and I mean literally nobody, not one single person - actually loves and cares for you except for what you can do for them as a distraction and stimulus: nobody loves you unconditionally for yourself.

Except (perhaps, and thank Heaven for this) some hundreds or thousands of miles away there exists a member or two of their birth family. But for 24/ 7 they live among people for whom they are just an amusement, an annoyance or a functional widget, a cog in a machine that makes nothing valuable.

What kind of life is this? Was it for this psychological subsistence that so many people - most people - gave-up and rejected God, marriage, family, relatives, church?

My impression is that typically people are confusing happiness with attracting attention, with trying to make other people envy you, with trying to overwhelm their own selves with the most powerful distractions they can self-impose.

It reminds me of that most miserable of life-phases - adolescence - when life becomes a matter of constructing a publicly-convincing shell to cover the fear, turmoil and rage inside; hoping that the shell will becomes so convincing as you fool yourself as well as others.

Having said all this - what do I feel for these people who are in a bad place and working to make it worse? Whose net effect on the world is to make it unfit for habitation by actual humans? Whose response to existential despair is to try and forget about it?

Compassion and sorrow - that is what I feel. These desperate people who are wrecking themselves and everything else for - what? I don't know for what, and neither do they. They are so far gone in their addicted despair that they do not even want to be cured, not least because they do not even believe in the reality of a life other than the one they experience.

It is not a matter of wanting what they cannot get - but of not even wanting what is good for them

nihilnegativum

Activity: 432

––Δ͘҉̀░░

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2016, 09:19:21 AM

"Our life is shaped by our mind; we become what we think. Joy follows a pure thought like a shadow that never leaves."

― Buddha
Buddhists are atheists, buddy.
CoinCube (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 13, 2016, 10:11:05 AM
Last edit: March 13, 2016, 10:28:35 AM by CoinCube

― Buddha

Buddhism is a nontheistic religion. In the Gallup data in the OP they fall under the catagory of non-Christian religion.

Given the target audience who better to challenge to words of one agnostic then those of a wiser agnostic.

http://www.religionfacts.com/theism/buddhism
One doctrine agreed upon by all branches of modern Buddhism is that "this world is not created and ruled by a God." {1} The Buddha himself rejected metaphysical speculation as a matter of principle, and his teachings focused entirely on the practical ways to end suffering.

On the other hand, the Buddha did not explicitly rule out the existence of a God or gods.

sweerty1

Activity: 453

Presale Starting May 1st

View Profile
March 13, 2016, 10:36:13 AM

Atheism helps people somekinda dump their living in a bin.
Cause you will eventually die in the end. So far, even if you had well-being life, you will lose it.
Even if you are uber duber rich jewish. You will be dead as well.

So: Pointless to argue.

▄▄██▄▄
 ▄▄██████████▄▄
████████████████
████████████████
█████▀▀  ▀▀█████
█▀▀          ▀▀█
     ▄▄██▄▄
 ▄▄██████████▄▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
 ▀▀██████████▀▀
     ▀▀██▀▀
INVESTA████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████
     ▄▄██▄▄
 ▄▄██████████▄▄
████████████████
████████████████
█████▀▀  ▀▀█████
█▀▀          ▀▀█
     ▄▄██▄▄
 ▄▄██████████▄▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
 ▀▀██████████▀▀
     ▀▀██▀▀
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2016, 11:45:55 AM

Atheism helps people somekinda dump their living in a bin.
Cause you will eventually die in the end. So far, even if you had well-being life, you will lose it.
Even if you are uber duber rich jewish. You will be dead as well.

So: Pointless to argue.

I have no idea if this comment is pro or anti religion. Could you explain your ideas a little better?

Bitcoin network and pool analysis 12QxPHEuxDrs7mCyGSx1iVSozTwtquDB3r
follow @oocBlog for new post notifications
Aggressor66

Activity: 728
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 13, 2016, 12:25:28 PM

Atheism is the fastest growing belief, or non-belief, in the world. While America is one of the last places in the change every other 1st world country has reached a point with over 30% and an equal number of agnostics.
The dominance of religion is falling world wide.
Daniel91
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824

View Profile
March 13, 2016, 02:10:57 PM

Atheism is the fastest growing belief, or non-belief, in the world. While America is one of the last places in the change every other 1st world country has reached a point with over 30% and an equal number of agnostics.

In more strict sense, belief is connected with God or something absolute, almighty.
In today's world people believe also in money, nature, mediation... so many things.
Real question is why people need to believe in something?
Because we feel insecure and scared in this challenging world?
All people ultimately seek to find happiness and joy in their lives.
Some find it in the religion or faith, others in money, nature etc.
In my opinion, solution for today's problems in society we can't find in human's temporary values (which changes all the time) but in eternal and absolute values we find in religion.
Everything what never change (like Gold or diamond) is more valuable than things which changes all the time.
Atheism is not the best solution for today's world.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
af_newbie
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2016, 02:27:35 PM

In more strict sense, belief is connected with God or something absolute, almighty.
In today's world people believe also in money, nature, mediation... so many things.
Real question is why people need to believe in something?
Because we feel insecure and scared in this challenging world?
All people ultimately seek to find happiness and joy in their lives.
Some find it in the religion or faith, others in money, nature etc.
In my opinion, solution for today's problems in society we can't find in human's temporary values (which changes all the time) but in eternal and absolute values we find in religion.
Everything what never change (like Gold or diamond) is more valuable than things which changes all the time.
Atheism is not the best solution for today's world.

I disagree. Atheism and science is the only way forward.  Anything else is talking us backwards.
In some cases, all the way back to a 6th century.

nihilnegativum

Activity: 432

––Δ͘҉̀░░

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2016, 02:44:18 PM

― Buddha

Buddhism is a nontheistic religion. In the Gallup data in the OP they fall under the catagory of non-Christian religion.

Given the target audience who better to challenge to words of one agnostic then those of a wiser agnostic.

http://www.religionfacts.com/theism/buddhism
One doctrine agreed upon by all branches of modern Buddhism is that "this world is not created and ruled by a God." {1} The Buddha himself rejected metaphysical speculation as a matter of principle, and his teachings focused entirely on the practical ways to end suffering.

On the other hand, the Buddha did not explicitly rule out the existence of a God or gods.
Buddhism is atheistic, but spiritualistic. My Mills quote was about the nonimportance of happiness as a criterion, that religious people are more happy does not immply that this is good, or that people should belive, its just another selfish thing to do against the good of your species. I also have a problem with atheists, because, like Buddha they remain spiritualistic, or rather while they explicitly claim they are atheistic they still share the values of the religions common in their society instead of forming a positive doctrine and re-evaluate their own values. The clash between religion and atheism is a false one, the real issue is the clash between reason and tradition. Only in this aspect, I think the spread of atheism is good, as the end of tradition that produces the possibility of new things to come.
tabas

Activity: 2996
Merit: 736

Top Crypto Casino

View Profile
March 13, 2016, 04:20:00 PM

Atheist people have their own thoughts they are just basing in facts without considering the feelings of the people who believe God.

█████████████████████████
████▐██▄█████████████████
████▐██████▄▄▄███████████
████▐████▄█████▄▄████████
████▐█████▀▀▀▀▀███▄██████
████▐███▀████████████████
████▐█████████▄█████▌████
████▐██▌█████▀██████▌████
████▐██████████▀████▌████
█████▀███▄█████▄███▀█████
███████▀█████████▀███████
██████████▀███▀██████████
█████████████████████████
BC.GAME
▄▄░░░▄▀▀▄████████
▄▄▄
██████████████
█████░░▄▄▄▄████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄██████▄▄▄▄████
▄███▄█▄▄██████████▄████▄████
███████████████████████████▀███
▀████▄██▄██▄░░░░▄████████████
▀▀▀█████▄▄▄███████████▀██
███████████████████▀██
███████████████████▄██
▄███████████████████▄██
█████████████████████▀██
██████████████████████▄
..CASINO....SPORTS....RACING..
█░░░░░░█░░░░░░█
▀███▀░░▀███▀░░▀███▀
▀░▀░░░░▀░▀░░░░▀░▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░█░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
░█░██░░███░░░█░██
░█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀

▄▄████▄▄
▄███▀▀███▄
██████████
▀███▄░▄██▀
▄▄████▄▄░▀█▀▄██▀▄▄████▄▄
▄███▀▀▀████▄▄██▀▄███▀▀███▄
███████▄▄▀▀████▄▄▀▀███████
▀███▄▄███▀░░░▀▀████▄▄▄███▀
▀▀████▀▀████████▀▀████▀▀
CoinCube (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 13, 2016, 06:47:24 PM
Last edit: March 13, 2016, 07:20:03 PM by CoinCube

... My Mills quote was about the nonimportance of happiness as a criterion, that religious people are more happy does not immply that this is good, or that people should belive, its just another selfish thing to do against the good of your species. I also have a problem with atheists, because, like Buddha they remain spiritualistic, or rather while they explicitly claim they are atheistic they still share the values of the religions common in their society instead of forming a positive doctrine and re-evaluate their own values. The clash between religion and atheism is a false one, the real issue is the clash between reason and tradition. Only in this aspect, I think the spread of atheism is good, as the end of tradition that produces the possibility of new things to come.

If you did not find the words of Buddha sufficient challenge to Mills lets draw on another eastern philosopher.

"Men's natures are alike; it is their habits that separate them."
― Confucius

The distinction between the deeply religious man and the ardent atheist is not that of man versus pig or Socrates versus fool. The true distinction is that of habit, tradition, and faith.

The religious man accepts a tradition of values and morals that has been the foundation of human existence for centuries. The atheist rejects these traditions. Since these habits and traditions are on whole healthy one would expect to see detrimental effects in atheists (as we do) when they select replacement habits inferior to those that have survived millennia of competitive selection. The choice of religion leads to happiness not because it is selfish but because it is healthy.

If it is possible for 'reason' to develop a new system of habits and traditions that actually work such a system would be its own cause.  It's own system of beliefs held to with ardor and faith. If it had merit it would not require the destruction or suppression of tradition but establish its own tradition welcoming those who voluntary wished to join. If it had value its practitioners would be more happy and healthy not less.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... 143 »
  Print  

Jump to: